Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill (22735 Views)

Public Finance Bill: 10 Things You Should Know About It / Buhari Signs 2019 Finance Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% / How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2021
Daveambition:
I just want leave this country, naija don caast..
Citizen dey struggle like slaves, i humbly denounce my citizenship..
I no dey do again.
It will not always be like this. Trust me. This is just the heat Nigerians have to face for bringing in a man like Buhari.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2021
The northerners hardly operate with bank and the present administration knows that majority of the tax is coming from the south. Also, tell aboki about TIN and they may stab you to death.

2 Likes

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Joygift3666: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2021
joey150:

Sigh. Okay.

1. By participation, I mean the people holding their government accountable.

2. When people pay tax or are correctly taxed, they tend to be more concerned about what their tax money is used for.
Even peaceful protest is not allowed, you are talking about accountability in a paralysed economy.

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Quiny32323: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Nowhere in the world do people love to pay tax.

It has always been so since the time of Jesus Christ that even Jews went to him to ask if they should pay tax to Caesar even when it was recorded that he himself paid tax.

I feel and understand the angst of people. The brighter side is that when the people are in the tax net and pay or forced to pay, they will hold government more accountable than they currently do. Is it not hypocritical that most of the loudest critics of government, especially on the social media are mostly folks who don't pay tax yet they enjoy petrol subsidy, electricity subsidies and be be lo. If we keep funding subsidies and most of us don't pay tax, then government will only continue to borrow and some corrupt public officials escape our pressure because the money being stolen is not your tax .

I really doubt if governance was as lacklustre in Aba in 1929 as it is now yet it's on record that women of Aba went on rampage to protest against tax hike and I had to memorize the year and the event in Primary School.

So what changed? As more free money was flowing in from oil, government paid less attention to tax, giving more people more disposable income and corrupt officials extra from the stealing from the free oil revenue inflows the opportunity to marry more wives and have more kids,even excess kids, our population ballooned and suddenly all resources became stretched and insufficient and here we are today when vicious competition for scarce resources is at almost every doorstep and almost back to the Hobbesian state..

These economic measures,like SAP,Austerity measures of those days, and improved social, political and security architecture will eventually cancel the factors that disturbed the positive equilibrium/stability we had before free oil money started pouring in.
We will be alright las las.

Let's not stop praying and hoping for the best in life and for this great nation.

All the enemies of Nigeria,Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

No where in the world is your tin required before opening an account for you, this is pure greediness.

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2021
joey150:

A greater number of the population don't pay tax.
This is simply because this GREATER NUMBER are impoverished and unemployed. We're the poverty capital of the world for a reason.

Your local government council tax, VAT and the likes is different from income tax (which only salary earners pay).
What you're saying is simply semantics because tax is simply fee imposed by government, to fund government spending. Whatever the name is called, it's simply TAX.
Also, most of the informal taxes are usually illegal and end up in private pockets.
That is NOT on the citizens. If I pay levy to local government officials to sell my akara by the road side and that money is used to fund the aesthetic lifestyle of MC Oluomo or ends up in Tinubu's pocket, it's not on me. The government should be the ones talking of revenue assurance by cleaning their processes up or using automation.

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You did this to yourself the very day you voted for the world most useless and evil political party, The APC .

So Will you still vote for APC in 2023 ?
It's never about APC. It's Buhari. If Buhari head correct as much as it should, everyone go follow suit. But has the head don rotten, wetin you want make the body do
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Pearlqueen(f): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2021
So if I'm a student and operate a bank account, I will be taxed too?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Jostoman:
Na by force to use Bank
How easy is it to do without a means of sending or receiving money digitally?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Quiny32323: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Of course APC all the way. So you want a situation where almost all workers in the informal sector continue to earn money tax free and contribute nothing to national development? While they constitute up to 70% if the workforce. The cheating of workers in the formal should end, the cost of running the country should be borne by all Nigerians not some.
Nigeria can't remain a primitive state that PDP left it,such that Nigeria public revenue is the smallest among the first 7 biggest economies in Africa, yet we are the biggest economy.

Both you and those senators are mad, what of those unemployed individuals. If they are serious about taxation,they should develop a viable system for that and not all these shenanigan mode of stealing. People like you makes education ineffective. Even in Europe that depends on taxation, nobody will ever ask you for your tax code before opening an account.

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Evercurious(f): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2021
joey150:

Don't you get it?
If more people paid taxes we would have more participation of the populace in government.

Most people don't care because they don't pay tax. If people cared enough Nigeria would be sane.

Pls dont be stupid

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by tnerro1(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2021
No provision to tax heardmen in the finance bill?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by ramatintin(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2021
No good road, school,hospital or portable water to drink yet one de milk us dry with tax.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Evercurious(f): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2021
Easy5265:

That's what I thought too, till APC government came into power. Nigerians are like water, they will always find a way out as against confronting the issues. The average Nigerian especially southerners will say I just have to make more money.

I pity your brain
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Bigchristo: 10:10am On Dec 09, 2021
Ijoba4lyf:
Finance bill makes TIN mandatory for all bank accounts holders

https://punchng.com/finance-bill-makes-tin-mandatory-for-all-bank-accounts-holders/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1638992646

Confused sets of people, they should be reminded that all institutions and companies deduct tax from their employees salary before payment so what is the essence of this bill? You want to tax those who do mean jobs and street hawkers or maybe those selling in the markets who have already paid Tax via tickets and other Owo mi da ventures to the government? Nigeria government is really confused and running out of ideas of taxing it citizens. Go and create jobs if you want huge taxation because unemployed people can’t have Tax Payers Identity card

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by twosquare(m): 10:11am On Dec 09, 2021
Easy5265:

That's what I thought too, till APC government came into power. Nigerians are like water, they will always find a way out as against confronting the issues. The average Nigerian especially southerners will say I just have to make more money.
Don't mind that guy. He's still living in fantasy land.

On another note...how do you differentiate between funds from oil and tax with TSA? All na looting spree tongue
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by shedy03(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Sctests:
These hopeless politicians keep tightening the noose on the neck of the poor masses.
It's good for the masses, particularly the northern masses that clamoured for and supported/voted massively for APC.
Nigerian masses are stubborn.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Mrquote: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Of course APC all the way. So you want a situation where almost all workers in the informal sector continue to earn money tax free and contribute nothing to national development? While they constitute up to 70% if the workforce. The cheating of workers in the formal should end, the cost of running the country should be borne by all Nigerians not some.
Nigeria can't remain a primitive state that PDP left it,such that Nigeria public revenue is the smallest among the first 7 biggest economies in Africa, yet we are the biggest economy.
This shows some of you here are not employed. Your company deduct you tax before paying you your salary.

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Chukazu: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

They have use this one brain to play betnaija
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by SmartPolician: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2021
Sctests:
These hopeless politicians keep tightening the noose on the neck of the poor masses.

10 years ago, they were begging everyone to have bank accounts so that money can be 'captured' including market women and villagers.
Now that you have captured them, you want to kill them with wicked policies?

Very soon the national assembly will be invaded with dangerous weapons and there will be no where to run with your babarigas and danshikis after making life difficult for the common man.

You are a dreamer.
You guys keep waiting for someone else to take the bold step and clean up the mess in this shithole.
Nigeria can only get worse because there's no patrotism; everyone just wants to wreck the country.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Mrquote: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

It will be a different ball game when it is the money taken from your pocket that is been stolen, not money coming from under the ground in some faraway region
Go and tell a policeman that is your tax money they use to pay his or her salary then you might not see your family the next minute
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Are you naturally this stupid or is something just wrong in you? They are talking about attacking Nigerians through bank accounts and you are here just talking about workers dodging tax! Are you okay like this
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by cozy7(m): 10:17am On Dec 09, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
All of you are mad
Very mad and it will never be well with them.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:17am On Dec 09, 2021
Mrquote:

Go and tell a policeman that is your tax money they use to pay his or her salary then you might not see your family the next minute
Well. I've told a policeman this before and nothing happened. He was just trying to verbally abuse me which never worked.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 10:17am On Dec 09, 2021
FarahAideed:
Silly demonic govt again..all in a bid to to start stealing directly from the bank accounts of NIGERIANs and then labelling it taxation¡!! Taxes can be charged only on income, value or profit and not on banking transaction , any attempt to tax transactions is nothing but Armed Robbery

You might soon have a coronary at this rate, has FIRS or state IRS taken money from the account of anyone with TIN number arbitrarily?
I have a business account with TIN and not a kobo has been taken out of it because the company pays its taxes to the approriate channel.

Ignorance is a serious affliction

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Mrquote: 10:19am On Dec 09, 2021
abbeyfel:
Well. I've told a policeman this before and nothing happened. He was just trying to verbally abuse me which never worked.
Thank your God that it all went well
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 10:20am On Dec 09, 2021
FarahAideed:

So you are going to tax any transactions that occurs on a bank account? cheesy... All Buahrist truly have low IQ like the bUhari

Stop making noise, you are ignorant or reality, i pity those who take their information from your writings here.

There are thousands of accounts with TIN number in operation, has any of them told you they pay tax on transactions different from statutory charges?

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Shaev7(m): 10:20am On Dec 09, 2021
Piggy Bank loading
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by joey150(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2021
Evercurious:

Pls dont be stupid

Please stop being stupid. You're too far gone already.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2021
Keepem:
Firing squad for you dia

With your back to the drums

tribe of the ignorant
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Nowhere in the world do people love to pay tax.

It has always been so since the time of Jesus Christ that even Jews went to him to ask if they should pay tax to Caesar even when it was recorded that he himself paid tax.

I feel and understand the angst of people. The brighter side is that when the people are in the tax net and pay or forced to pay, they will hold government more accountable than they currently do. Is it not hypocritical that most of the loudest critics of government, especially on the social media are mostly folks who don't pay tax yet they enjoy petrol subsidy, electricity subsidies and be be lo. If we keep funding subsidies and most of us don't pay tax, then government will only continue to borrow and some corrupt public officials escape our pressure because the money being stolen is not your tax .

I really doubt if governance was as lacklustre in Aba in 1929 as it is now yet it's on record that women of Aba went on rampage to protest against tax hike and I had to memorize the year and the event in Primary School.

So what changed? As more free money was flowing in from oil, government paid less attention to tax, giving more people more disposable income and corrupt officials extra from the stealing from the free oil revenue inflows the opportunity to marry more wives and have more kids,even excess kids, our population ballooned and suddenly all resources became stretched and insufficient and here we are today when vicious competition for scarce resources is at almost every doorstep and almost back to the Hobbesian state..

These economic measures,like SAP,Austerity measures of those days, and improved social, political and security architecture will eventually cancel the factors that disturbed the positive equilibrium/stability we had before free oil money started pouring in.
We will be alright las las.

Let's not stop praying and hoping for the best in life and for this great nation.

All the enemies of Nigeria,Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
Hello. What about all the VAT we've been paying right left and center? Any transaction you make is taxed. Anything you purchased is taxed. Person wey no get work dey pay tax? But remember say person wey no get work fit get bank account. So what's the justification for going through bank accounts when not everyone having a bank account is taxable?

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2021
Mrquote:

Thank your God that it all went well
Policemen are humans. When you deal with them right, everything will go well. Make sure you are at an advantaged position. Well you can't learn that. It's a default thing.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

With your back to the drums

tribe of the ignorant
You know nothing boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kaduna Residents Welcome Atiku In Zaria (Video) / 5.5 Billion Dollar Foreign Loan: Your Debt Profile Is Rising - IMF Warns Nigeria / Seven Security Operatives Arrested For Supplying Arms, Military Kits To Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.