Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? (35004 Views)

I Just Started Reading The Sixth And Seventh Book Of Moses / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:21,"Prove/Test/Examine all things; hold fast that which is good."
In conclusion, we see that not All knowledge is of God.
Again, All knowledge belongs to God, the same God that you claim to believe. He has not put any restrictions on any one who follows Him as far ss acquisition of knowledge and wisdom is concerned - none. So it is ignorance to put chains on oneself where God Himself has placed no such bondage on one.

Surely you know you cannot examine all things if you continually chose to live in fear of most things? undecided
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Let's be pragmatic

The knowledge of someone wanting to kill a man or engage in paedophilia, is it of and from God?
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Again, All knowledge belongs to God, the same God that you claim to believe. He has not put any restrictions on any one who follows Him as far ss acquisition of knowledge and wisdom is concerned - none. undecided

Please what's your reference to what you claim, since you believe all knowledge belongs to the same God I believe in.
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

Surely you know you cannot examine all things if you continually chose to live in fear of most things? undecided

What fear? Who's afraid?

It's simple, the bible is clear on its instructions and I follow. Which fear?

I'm genuinely curious.

About not reading the Sixth and Seven books of Moses?, or the Keys of Solomon?, or the Necronomicon?
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Please what's your reference to what you claim, since you believe all knowledge belongs to the same God I believe in.
God is creator of all things, good and evil, is He not? undecided
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Dada4me: 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You mean rather than opening themselves up to knowledge and hopefully wisdom, they should instead make a prison of their minds by submitting fo ignorance? undecided

The knowledge of the book has grave consequences.

There are millions of books that will give any desired knowledge. It doesn't have to be the seventh book of Moses.
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
Dada4me:

There are millions of books that will give any desired knowledge. It doesn't have to be the seventh book of Moses.
What is grave about what is written in a book for Pete's sake? undecided
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.

Psalm 100:5 "For the LORD is good; His loving kindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all generations."

You seem to be confused by
Isaiah 45:7
"The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these."

"I make peace" refers to the liberation of the Israelites from the Babylonian captivity and "create evil" refers to the just administration of justice on the Babylonians for their cruel treatment of the Israelites during their seventy years of captivity there.

Other examples of Evil or Calamities created by God,are the "flood of Noah's day" and the "ten plagues on Egypt" , such evils or calamities should not be considered as wrong doings, but rather the rightful application of justice on the wrong doers.

It's not that God will cause evil to befall one but what happens when you don't choose God's good.

The evil befalling one is the Judgement on the devil.
Kobojunkiee:
God is creator of all things, good and evil, is He not? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
But the god of this world has already been judged John 16:11 amp about judgment [the certainty of it], because the ruler of this world (Satan) has been judged and condemned.

Now that Jesus Christ has all authority (Matthew 28:18) and the devil has none (he originally stole authority from Adam) In Christ there is no judgement, only forgiveness love and total good for He is God. John 3:18 NLT There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son. The key is the second part of verse 3:18 anyone who does not believe lives in the judgement not intended for them but for the devil.

So if we disbelieve God, we, by default exist in satans judgement. This is the whole reason Jesus came died on the cross and was resurrected, that in Him we might have eternal life in Him.

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." – 1 John 5:11

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." – John 5:24

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." – John 3:16

So the question is will we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour and step out of judgement not meant for us and step into the way the truth and the life, no-one comes out of satan's judgement except through Him.
Credit-Hermeneutics-stackexchange

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
Evil is as a result of the absence of God's goodness. Choosing not to follow God's good is choosing evil automatically. Not that God created evil. Evil is the absence of God's good.

The evil originates from the devil.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.
It's not that God will cause evil to befall one but what happens when you don't choose God's good.

The evil befalling one is the Judgement on the devil.
So, are you insinuating that God only created, and hence have control only the good in this space called the world? undecided
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Emk5556: 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
Buliwyf:
More ridiculous fables and rumors about people running mad after reading the book or experiencing anomalies. Most of those fables are perpetuated by Christians who are trying to discourage people from reading the book even though they themselves never read it. This OP is just coming to lie through his teeth and pretend he knows someone it happened to. We already know you suffer from delusions so this is no different considering you claimed to kill TB Joshua.

I know a few people personally who were interested in the occult or general knowledge at one time or another who read the book and tried to practice it and nothing happened to them even after they stopped. This clown is just lying as usual.

The occult, just like your religion, is nothing but fluff. Nothing but empty promises made to give lesser men like you a semblance of confidence in a world they dont control. It is worthless and meaningless.
my brother don't mind this lier. I have read that book back to back when I was in university. Over 15 years. Am here typing. Amnyou he knows that a mad man cannot be on this forum. Clout chasers.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
Just to make something clear
Now we must know, "good" is relative.

By that I mean there's the Good of this world(according to the system of this world)
Good to some can be having illicit sex, drinking alcohol, reading every and any book there is, touring the world, driving fast cars.

To make one thing clear also, some of the good of this world are not bad in itself as we see in the scriptures God's desire to provide good things that we require for survival and life in the world. God who blesses the just and the unjust, causes rain to fall on the righteous and unrighteous.

To the Christian we look in the bible to find the good God does and instructs we must do.

God being 'good' refers to being holy, pure and righteous.
It's not just what God does, it is who he is.

Ephesians 5:18
Be not drunk with wine wherein is excess, but be ye filled with the spirit.

We see being filled with the spirit is good.

Basically Good is whatever instructions God has for us as believers.

God created the nature, the trees, plants, air, land, space, planets, universe, life. And has authority over them.

We see Jesus command the storm to cease in Matthew 8

We see Jesus command Lazarus to rise up from the dead, showing he desires life, miracles, blessings and not death, for men.
I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE
HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME
THOUGH HE WERE DEAD
YET SHALL HE LIVE!
(John 11: 25 KJV)

That is God. Good.

Kobojunkiee:
So, are you insinuating that God only created, and hence have control only the good in this space called the world? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Just to make something clear
Now we must know, "good" is relative.

By that I mean there's the Good of this world(according to the system of this world)
Good to some can be having illicit sex, drinking alcohol, reading every and any book there is, touring the world, driving fast cars.

To make one thing clear also, some of the good of this world are not bad in itself as we see in the scriptures God's desire to provide good things that we require for survival and life in the world. God who blesses the just and the unjust, causes rain to fall on the righteous and unrighteous.

To the Christian we look in the bible to find the good God does and instructs we must do.

God being 'good' refers to being holy, pure and righteous.
It's not just what God does, it is who he is.
Pay attention to the question that was asked up. undecided

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 9:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
What fear? Who's afraid?
It's simple, the bible is clear on its instructions and I follow. Which fear?
I'm genuinely curious.

About not reading the Sixth and Seven books of Moses?, or the Keys of Solomon?, or the Necronomicon?
If you were genuinely curious, you would pick up the book rather than write us epistles on why you shouldn't read it. undecided

If you had no fear of what is between the covers of the book in question, you would be here writting essays on why you think it bad for you to open and learn from it what is contained. undecided

So yes, fear of the unknown is the only reason here since God Himself never said you cannot open the book to read from it. undecided
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
It's a broad question, I helped pinpoint to the right light.
There's a tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Which has good in it.

And there's the knowledge of the tree of life.
Which is God's own good.

When we say good, we are careful to say it within the context of scriptures.

Kobojunkiee:
Pay attention to the question that was asked up. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by EndBuhariNow(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
I bet my balls u can't see @Righteousness2 for this kind thread , if nah end time predictions nah that side he dey full time

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
I'm sorry, you've gotten it all wrong.

I have no fear of such.
Neither will I be tempted to read such again.

I've read the necronomicon and keys of solomon to some extent.

All are without substance and life.
A waste of time.

Away with the fear preaching.
There's no fear here.

Kobojunkiee:
If you were genuinely curious, you would pick up the book rather than write us epistles on why you shouldn't read it. undecided

If you had no fear of what is between the covers of the book in question, you would be here writting essays on why you think it bad for you to open and learn from it what is contained. undecided

So yes, fear of the unknown is the only reason here since God Himself never said you cannot open the book to read from it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
There's a way that seems true to a man, but the end is death.

The aim of the devil is to Kill, Steal and Destroy.

Reading and practicing it leads to the aim of the devil ultimately.

You'd say you're safe to read it since you're not practicing it but...there are devices the devil uses to lure people.
2 Corinthians 2:11...lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.

One of these is temptation. Cunning convincing.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
It's a broad question, I helped pinpoint to the right light.
There's a tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Which has good in it.

And there's the knowledge of the tree of life.
Which is God's own good.

When we say good, we are careful to say it within the context of scriptures.
There is nothing broad about the question at all. undecided

You don't seem God is the Only creator in this here world space is what it seems. undecided
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Kobojunkiee: 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
I have no fear of such.
A waste of time.
There's no fear here.
That it was a waste of your time is no reason for you to then set yourself on a path to deprive others the chance to decide for themselves the worth of the same information. What you do, pretending that you do so in the name of God is in fact against God aka sin, this because God never included in His Law to us, Jesus Christ, a law against the acquisition of any kind of wisdom to begin with. undecided
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Okay.
Kobojunkiee:
There is nothing broad about the question at all. undecided

You don't seem God is the Only creator in this here world space is what it seems. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
You have refused to provide reference of scriptures to aid your claims. But I'll be mute on this. Take care.
Kobojunkiee:
That it was a waste of your time is no reason for you to then set yourself on a path to deprive others the chance to decide for themselves the worth of the same information. What you do, pretending that you do so in the name of God is in fact against God aka sin, this because God never included in His Law to us, Jesus Christ, a law against the acquisition of any kind of wisdom to begin with. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by md16: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
Well, I didn't get to read through all the responses in case someone has said this. But one thing for sure about the 6th and 7th book of Moses is that it was written by the same Moses who wrote the first 5 books of the Old Testament but at different times.

The 6th and 7th book of Moses was written when Moses was still under the care and tutelage of King Pharaoh. Remember he was raised in the palace. Moses got to learn all the dark art of Egypt as he grew into a man.

God had to separate him for a period to school 'him' before using him to liberate God's people. God was very much aware that Moses has seen some powerful magic, so God had to reveal himself to Moses in a way that will catch his attention.... Something he has never seen before. A burning bush that is not consumed.

In short, the old Moses wrote the 6th and 7th book (which is clearly dark magic, and not advisable for any christian to go near...or anyone sef), while the transformed Moses wrote the first 5 books of the bible under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. God can use the same person for his purpose.

Side note: If you're caught up in anything beyond you, all you have to do is ask God to help you. He always does

Shalom , wink

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by leofab(f): 12:30am On Dec 13, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
Is Moses not a Christian?
jesus was a Jew
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by NNTR: 1:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Dada4me:

Kobojunkiee:
What is grave about what is written in a book for Pete's sake? undecided
Revelation 21:8, 27
8But as for the cowards and unbelieving and abominable
[who are devoid of character and personal integrity and practice or tolerate immorality],
and murderers, and sorcerers [with intoxicating drugs],
and idolaters and occultists [who practice and teach false religions],
and all the liars [who knowingly deceive and twist truth],
their part will be in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
27and nothing that defiles or profanes or is unwashed will ever enter it, nor anyone who practices abominations
[detestable, morally repugnant things] and lying,
but only those [will be admitted] whose names have been written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

StJohnofChrist:

I have no fear of such.

A waste of time.

There's no fear here.

Kobojunkiee:
Leviticus 19:31
Do not turn to mediums [who pretend to consult the dead]
or to spiritists [who have spirits of divination];
do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14
9When you come to the land that the LORD your God is giving you, never learn the disgusting practices of those nations.
10You must never sacrifice your sons or daughters by burning them alive, practice black magic, be a fortuneteller, witch, or sorcerer, 11cast spells, ask ghosts or spirits for help, or consult the dead.
12Whoever does these things is disgusting to the LORD
The LORD your God is forcing these nations out of your way because of their disgusting practices.
13You must have integrity [in dealing] with the LORD your God.
14These nations you are forcing out listen to fortunetellers and to those who practice black magic.
But the LORD your God won't let you do anything like that.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by lesbiconverter: 5:41am On Dec 13, 2021
Buliwyf:

So you have experience. Why don't you show us with proof? Lol. Too many clowns
you are the proof of ignorance. The OP was writing from EXPERIENCE and yet you're still demanding. Clown!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Buliwyf: 5:43am On Dec 13, 2021
lesbiconverter:
you are the proof of ignorance. The OP was writing from EXPERIENCE and yet you're still demanding. Clown!

You are even dumber than the OP. The same animal that has made many foolish claims on Nairaland like killing TB Joshua is the one you are looking up to. Senseless fool.

Most of you idiots will believe anything as long as it is in line with your beliefs because someone made a claim on a faceless forum. The day you start using your brain maybe you will be able to engage in a reasonable discussion with me.
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by lesbiconverter: 5:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Buliwyf:

You are even dumber than the OP. The same animal that has made many foolish claims on Nairaland like killing TB Joshua is the one you are looking up to. Senseless fool.

Most of you idiots will believe anything as long as it is in line with your beliefs because someone made a claim on a faceless forum. The day you start using your brain maybe you will be able to engage in a reasonable discussion with me.
you are still exhibiting your profound ignorance. grin
go back to sleep

2 Likes

Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Amen.
NNTR:

Revelation 21:8, 27
8But as for the cowards and unbelieving and abominable
[who are devoid of character and personal integrity and practice or tolerate immorality],
and murderers, and sorcerers [with intoxicating drugs],
and idolaters and occultists [who practice and teach false religions],
and all the liars [who knowingly deceive and twist truth],
their part will be in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
27and nothing that defiles or profanes or is unwashed will ever enter it, nor anyone who practices abominations
[detestable, morally repugnant things] and lying,
but only those [will be admitted] whose names have been written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Leviticus 19:31
Do not turn to mediums [who pretend to consult the dead]
or to spiritists [who have spirits of divination];
do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14
9When you come to the land that the LORD your God is giving you, never learn the disgusting practices of those nations.
10You must never sacrifice your sons or daughters by burning them alive, practice black magic, be a fortuneteller, witch, or sorcerer, 11cast spells, ask ghosts or spirits for help, or consult the dead.
12Whoever does these things is disgusting to the LORD
The LORD your God is forcing these nations out of your way because of their disgusting practices.
13You must have integrity [in dealing] with the LORD your God.
14These nations you are forcing out listen to fortunetellers and to those who practice black magic.
But the LORD your God won't let you do anything like that.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? by Buliwyf: 5:51am On Dec 13, 2021
lesbiconverter:
you are still exhibiting your profound ignorance. grin
go back to sleep

The idiot has realized he has a madman for a mentor making him as easily mad as the man. Now he doesn't know what to say again. Clown with low intelligence.
Keep believing in fairy tales and urban legends like a kid. I bet you also believe in Willy willy, Lady Koi koi and that India used jazz to win 100-0 in football. Dunce. People like me will keep helping idiots like you navigate life with knowledge because left to idiots like you the world would have stagnated. Kiss my feet and thank me. Mugu

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Prophet Samuel Olaluwoye: "How They Use Broom To Lock People's Destiny" / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited / Mad Man "Delivered' At RCCG Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.