Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics (32255 Views)

Tinubu Actually Reduced The Price Of School Fee For Unity Schools. / Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco / Price Of 2019 JAMB UTME Form And Registration Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by silverkings: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
you took this words out of my mouth.
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
If I was to enroll in a school ehn them for don squeeze my pocket finish
please mention the names you subscribed. I want to learn Web development
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2021
FahBuLous:
Where can I get an eBook??

Also ask him where you'll get YouTube. You're dull... Please forget it.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by itoldu: 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2021
silverkings:
please mention the names you subscribed. I want to learn Web development

You can check traversy media

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Blacknote: 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:
Sorry for posting this here..but I really need answers because I don't understand what is going on here.. So I decided I wanted to learn computer programming so I started searching for where I could acquire the skill. I can across these guys yesterday but I would not mention their names here.. I asked how much it would cost to study software engineering because its a six months course..could you believe how much these guys mentioned for me? 850k...yes that right #850,000 and that's not all it still goes as far as 1.7million naira..

Please If i may ask, computer gurus in the house.. Is there any way this prices are justifiable? Because I don't get..

Op I love the way replied them and the sticker too cool grin grin
With that type of response they fit even remove money for you small grin
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Tomahawk99(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:
Sorry for posting this here..but I really need answers because I don't understand what is going on here.. So I decided I wanted to learn computer programming so I started searching for where I could acquire the skill. I can across these guys yesterday but I would not mention their names here.. I asked how much it would cost to study software engineering because its a six months course..could you believe how much these guys mentioned for me? 850k...yes that right #850,000 and that's not all it still goes as far as 1.7million naira..

Please If i may ask, computer gurus in the house.. Is there any way this prices are justifiable? Because I don't get..
With a budget of 100k you can learn more in six months with sef study than anything they can offer you.
Internet access, power supply, books (free), videos (free), YouTube & tons of free resources.
All you need is dedication and a strong will to learn.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Frontend: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
So you guys learnt css html javascript in one month through youtube but why is all recruiter telling me that my one year experience is not enough,that means in one year you can master ten language as chikeobi or bill gate concern you are supposed to be earning 2.5 million a month by now

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by b5ive(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
Software engineering in 6months, its not achievable if i must say. U need skills like programming, ethical hacking, networking etc combined b4 u can be called a software engineer, acquiring this skills will take u at least 2/3 years. Learning gradually on your own is your best bet, then have an IT mentor n keep practicing. With time and consistency u will catch up.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by RuddyFusion(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
ckvemgbia:
he will be surprised how learned he will be with just youtube

Though it's easier to learn with other people
But YouTube is bea

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2021
iconnecta:

I have Msc Comp.Sci.
17+ years Programming experience(PHP OOP developer/expert level and i build code libraries, JAVA,SQL DB and so much more). i need high pay Job in US.
just a Full stack Programmer.
my need: i want to escape from Naija either via PHD or JOB employ. either way na still way

Hi, the problem is that most U.S employers are demanding for U.S based candidates only. I have tons of candidates who are on H1-B visa, unfortunately, most employers are not ready to go through the process now. Especially with the Covid.

Nevertheless, don't relent....

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by ivolt: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2021
bigjackass:
Because of the tech craze. Typical Nigerian way of milking anything that people are showing interest in. And they have nothing special to offer for the millions because they still use sites like udemy and YouTube to source for their materials.
You are free not to apply especially since you have free alternatives!

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by itoldu: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
Before I forget, there was a thread on nairaland by an Eyimofe (or Enimofe, can't really remember the name) which was beautiful for beginners. I'd search for it and drop the link here.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by GoodBoi1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
mofedamijo:
All this Nigerian Developers with YouTube as learning centres... Lol

They will tell you they learnt programming in 6 months with YouTube.. And they are gurus now... Lol

You think YouTube learning vs someone who has a masters degree in Computer science, and started with a two years programming course/Certification are on the same level?

You can start with YouTube, but make sure you get certifications, and be good at your niche.

I am a Senior Recruiter based out of Nigeria, and all my U.S clients require a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer science for entry level positions.

Most Indians and Asian I have hired in the U.S have a Masters degree in computer science, that is one of the edges they have over YouTube developers.

There is no way I will hire someone who leart through YouTube alone, over someone with Bachelors degree, two years programming certification at a reputable institution. No way.
Maybe there is no way you will hire but I know several persons that did not study computer science but are doing well as developers, even working for foreign firms and earning millions per month. The world has changed, university no longer has monopoly of knowledge. No one uses Youtube alone, there are a lot of solid online resources that even those that have computer science degree still use on the job. What matters for most jobs is if you have the skills, experience and can show that you can add value to the company.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by AmokwuJS: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:

You don't have to pay anyone to learn coding. Freecoursesite.com is a website you can download programming tutorials for free and that's what i am using presently. Also, tutorials from You tube will be of help. All you need is dedication and consistency. Pick a niche and run with it.
Android development, front-end dev, Back-end dev, IOS dev, Full-stack dev, Flutter Dev etcetera. Pick one, get the tutorials and work hard to master it. Also, altschoolafrica.com has a solid package and i will implore you to check them out.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by ivolt: 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
Good for you in learning HTML,CSS and Javascript .
But claiming to be perfect make me doubt the skill you think you have.
Even industry veterans dare not make such a claim.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Mensa11: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2021
Baba enter coursera, search for your course of interest apply for financial aid if available, give them an easy writing on why you are applying for financial aid.
Once approved after 15 days you good to go.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
What channel?
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Galacious1: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
please recommend videos for the bolded.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by ITbomb(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
The irony about computer is that you cannot learn it if you cannot learn it on your own.

What you need is a course in computer appreciation, after understanding the Windows system, folders, Word processing ie typing, formatting, saving, printing etc, you then (on your own) use YouTube and Google to expand your knowledge.

Once you get interested in any specific areas ie graphic, programming, Web design, hardware engineering etc, you learn the basics. Only then can you say you may pay for another course to get an advanced knowledge

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by ivolt: 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
Tomahawk99:

With a budget of 100k you can learn more in six months with sef study than anything they can offer you.
Internet access, power supply, books (free), videos (free), YouTube & tons of free resources.
All you need is dedication and a strong will to learn.
The bold is not enough!

You may be right though since the OP did not tell us his goals after all
majority of programmers don't really understand the craft.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Newboss(m): 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2021
b5ive:
Software engineering in 6months, its not achievable if i must say. U need skills like programming, ethical hacking, networking etc combined b4 u can be called a software engineer, acquiring this skills will take u at least 2/3 years. Learning gradually on your own is your best bet, then have an IT mentor n keep practicing. With time and consistency u will catch up.

Say the one you know o. Networking is more of hardware than software. Networking is different from network programming.

No be only ethical hacking, cyber security join. Nonsense
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by BornRicch(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
itoldu:
It's because you all are too lazy!

This would only get you angered because it is the truth. There are thousands of free learning materials all over the internet (YouTube, Coursera, udemy, khan academy) but your laziness tells you to give money to someone who is probably also still learning to teach you. There are people sharing links on Twitter to free courses but no, "I prefer to be taught".

Play into LinkedIn, connect with people, they would guide you as you are learning. Coconut heads. There is a reason why the indians are at the forefront in the tech space. They are learning voraciously and mostly with free stuff on the internet. Continue paying "Uncle J and sons" because the lazy mentality that tells you certificate from wherever you have paid would earn you a decent job.

Learn! Learn!! Learn!!! Discipline yourself and trust me, you'd be better off than "become a full stack dev in 3 months".

Abeg Indias are nowhere close to Russia. India as a whole is vulnerability.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by GoodBoi1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
If you can comfortably afford the cost and they can turn you to a pro within that period, then I will advice you to go for it because you will get mentorship which will make your learning faster and easier

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:

It’s simple!

Because IT is selling.

That pay might just be 1week wage when you blend in
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by joeking2222: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2021
Joelobioha:
What do they even teach.no be Microsoft word and excel..something I fit buy course for udemy of 4k
Lols.......e b like one of this IT guys don offend u before!!!
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by joeking2222: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:

The person wan open shop for LAGOON ni?
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Judolisco(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
l69l:
YOUTUBE is FREE
bless up bro
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Jsolomex(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

YES

I thought as much...seems you were not impressed by his mentorship
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2021
GoodBoi1:

Maybe there is no way you will hire but I know several persons that did not study computer science but are doing well as developers, even working for foreign firms and earning millions per month. The world has changed, university no longer has monopoly of knowledge. No one uses Youtube alone, there are a lot of solid online resources that even those that have computer science degree still use on the job. What matters for most jobs is if you have the skills, experience and can show that you can add value to the company.

Lol..... I hire at least 20 - 30 candidates every month. I can share my LinkedIn and ATS with you to see my job posting and hiring.

Those people you mentioned are based in Nigeria, Iam saying, nobody wants to hire a U.S based programmer without a B.sc. By the way, the millions you think they are earning is peanuts to those I hire with Masters degree. Take my word for it.

I am not here to argue, I am stating facts. I belong to several U.S based recruiters groups and forums, nobody is looking for a Developer without a degree in the U.S.

Go and kook at any U.S job post online. 93% requires a Bachelors degree except handymans job.

I keep laughing when people say the word is changing and degree's are no longer needed. I can bet on it, 95% of Indian developers in the U.S have at least a Bachelors degree, and a large percent have a masters degree. That is why they have an edge over other nationals. They are gurus but still acquiring more knowledge. Sit there and think degrees are outdated when millions around the globe are pursuing degrees daily.

I am presently hiring for Executive Assistant to a CEO, U.S based candidates, and we need someone with a Bachelors degree. I will not submit a candidate without a Bachelors degree, and I can tell you, no recruiter will do that either. Once a client sends you a candidate requirement, you have to stick to it......... Degrees are highly rated anywhere.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by bizza45: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
FanOfMyself:
I have video courses on html, css, javascript, VueJs if you want to become a web developer. It costs only 15k.

O boy c billing
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mmsen: 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
Cost of maintaining electrical equipment is high in Nigeria because the general populace think that superstition is more important than anything practical or genuinely life enhancing.

Even if you get power you need to protect your hardware from the incompetence of the power companies who will routinely fry your hardware if you do not.

You also need security for your hardware because of the risk of theft is high.

Then you need a good generator and constant diesel supply because of the incompetence of the power companies and the society at large.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Government Day Secondary School Kaya, Zamfara In Pictures / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73