Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,391 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics (32250 Views)

Tinubu Actually Reduced The Price Of School Fee For Unity Schools. / Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco / Price Of 2019 JAMB UTME Form And Registration Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by teewhydope(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
because most people are lazy to self tutor. which is the better option to me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Tomahawk99(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
ivolt:

The bold is not enough!

You may be right though since the OP did not tell us his goals after all
majority of programmers don't really understand the craft.
True. You've said it all, they need to understand the craft.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Brogrammer(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
you took this words out of my mouth.
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
If I was to enroll in a school ehn them for don squeeze my pocket finish
perfect in JavaScript in 1 month? Joke of the decade

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by asoebijaiye: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Sharon Ooja Inidima Okojie Mimi Onalaja Timini Kaffy Yemi Alade Kelechi Amadi Obo Sola Sobowale Efe Irele Ay Alexx Ekubo Yomi Casuals Ik Ogbonna Mc Lively Lasisi Elenu Ajebo - Nancy isime Winter Wonderland birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F8oDsHIURQ
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by uuzba(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
bigjackass:
Because of the tech craze. Typical Nigerian way of milking anything that people are showing interest in. And they have nothing special to offer for the millions because they still use sites like udemy and YouTube to source for their materials.
Ehn, go and do the Udemmy course na.
And forget about the NIgerian computer school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by uuzba(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
teewhydope:
because most people are lazy to self tutor. which is the better option to me
Simple!!
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by ICEWIN: 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
bro u mean u learnt all this from YouTube perfectly?
I want to venture into it, any tips and advise bro for novice
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Limassol(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
AmokwuJS:

You don't have to pay anyone to learn coding. Freecoursesite.com is a website you can download programming tutorials for free and that's what i am using presently. Also, tutorials from You tube will be of help. All you need is dedication and consistency. Pick a niche and run with it.
Android development, front-end dev, Back-end dev, IOS dev, Full-stack dev, Flutter Dev etcetera. Pick one, get the tutorials and work hard to master it. Also, altschoolafrica.com has a solid package and i will implore you to check them out.
Please Which is more profitable and in demand: UX/UI or Android development? if none, suggest best IT skill to learn in 2022.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Joelobioha(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
joeking2222:

Lols.......e b like one of this IT guys don offend u before!!!
no be small thing oo guy..3month computer school oga dey tell me 35,000..I just stand dey look am like film..
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Divinefavour1: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
Good afternoon all.

It is not easy to set up a tech company especially in Lagos, hence the price.

Well it also depends on what you are looking at getting from the program.

For now I think it's NIIT and Aptech that will bill you over 1m for their Software engineering path.

Well if you are interested to join my software engineering mentorship program which is a group learning, kindly send a mail to the email below

big383179@gmail.com
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by InvertedHammer: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:
Sorry for posting this here..but I really need answers because I don't understand what is going on here.. So I decided I wanted to learn computer programming so I started searching for where I could acquire the skill. I can across these guys yesterday but I would not mention their names here.. I asked how much it would cost to study software engineering because its a six months course..could you believe how much these guys mentioned for me? 850k...yes that right #850,000 and that's not all it still goes as far as 1.7million naira..

Please If i may ask, computer gurus in the house.. Is there any way this prices are justifiable? Because I don't get..
/

What do you think will happen if nobody enrolls in their program?

/
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Divinefavour1: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
Limassol:
Please Which is more profitable and in demand: UX/UI or Android development? if none, suggest best IT skill to learn in 2022.

All of them are profitable.

You only need to master anyone you pick and the money will follow you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Trojan8(m): 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:

How did you do it bro? I am currently learning cloud computing (AWS). Apparently, I need intermediate level knowledge on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Help me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Limassol(m): 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
GoodBoi1:
If you can comfortably afford the cost and they can turn you to a pro within that period, then I will advice you to go for it because you will get mentorship which will make your learning faster and easier
Well said. Nothing beats solid mentorship - makes the whole journey mistake-free.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by TushXhander(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2021
Lol. 850k? Wetin hapin? Use youtube, freecodecamp,Udemy nd the likes . Im currently learning javascript and ITS NOT EASY TEACHING MYSELF!
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by uthman2019: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
FanOfMyself:
I have video courses on html, css, javascript, VueJs if you want to become a web developer. It costs only 15k.

Can u dm your WhatsApp number 08071797459
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by GoodBoi1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
mofedamijo:

Lol..... I hire at least 20 - 30 candidates every month. I can share my LinkedIn and ATS with you to see my job posting and hiring.

Those people you mentioned are based in Nigeria, Iam saying, nobody wants to hire a U.S based programmer without a B.sc. By the way, the millions you think they are earning is peanuts to those I hire with Masters degree. Take my word for it.

I am not here to argue, I am stating facts. I belong to several U.S based recruiters groups and forums, nobody is looking for a Developer without a degree in the U.S.

Go and kook at any U.S job post online. 93% requires a Bachelors degree except handymans job.

I keep laughing when people say the word is changing and degree's are no longer needed. I can bet on it, 95% of Indian developers in the U.S have at least a Bachelors degree, and a large percent have a masters degree. That is why they have an edge over other nationals. They are gurus but still acquiring more knowledge. Sit there and think degrees are outdated when millions around the globe are pursuing degrees daily.

I am presently hiring for Executive Assistant to a CEO, U.S based candidates, and we need someone with a Bachelors degree. I will not submit a candidate without a Bachelors degree, and I can tell you, no recruiter will do that either. Once a client sends you a candidate requirement, you have to stick to it......... Degrees are highly rated anywhere.
Degrees are good but they are NOT REQUIRED to land a good developer job. There is still room for those without degrees. And even without degrees learning is constant in this field. Talking about earning peanut everyone has to start from somewhere. It might be be peanut abroad but it is a good pay based on Nigerian standards. People can start without without degrees and get one later on to increase their options

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Moonland100(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
This one na great rubbish.
If you are paying such an amount you are an idiot.
Focus on udemy or better still let say you have money udacity.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Ashirioluwa: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:

Look at what you actually achieved during this short period through YouTube self learning, I don’t think you can gain much in a school setting for that short period.

One can learn through YouTube/online then register for board exam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by SeriouslySense(m): 2:37pm On Dec 18, 2021
is alright.

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by FaithBrain1994(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2021
The reason is simple. Tech and FEMALE are the future. You gerit?
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by toprealman: 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2021
l69l:
YOUTUBE is FREE
Coursera, edX too.....
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
GoodBoi1:

Degrees are good but they are NOT REQUIRED to land a good developer job. There is still room for those without degrees. And even without degrees learning is constant in this field. Talking about earning peanut everyone has to start from somewhere. It might be be peanut abroad but it is a good pay based on Nigerian standards. People can start without without degrees and get one later on to increase their options

You are missing my point, did you not read where I wrote that people can start with YouTube, but should ensure tbey get certifications along the way

What I am saying is, to increase your chances and earnings get the necessary certifications and degree.

If I have three good candidates in front of me, and after interview they all scored 92%

Candidate A: 4 years experience, good character, knows the job, has a masters degree.

Candidate B: 4 years experience, good character, knows the job, has a bachelors degree.

Candidate C: 4 years experience, good character, knows the job, no degree.

All things being equal. Who do you think I will hire?? Candidate A of cause. Even if I am going to hire candidate C, I am going to pay way lower. By the way, if a client requires someone with a degree, certainly, I am not going to consider candidate C. That is the point I am making.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by MsFaith: 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
SimeonOTC:
Self Tutor, Mentor and Motivation was the best gift I gave myself and so so proud and glad of it with the fact that I NEVER GAVE UP..
Endless subscription, mid-night coding, studying, researching, practicing and all that stuff that goes along with being your self tutorgrin

Baba, enter Udemy, youtube, stack overflow, google, any and every resources you can get your hands on and START FROM THE BASICS..

I.T schools are very very costly, super costly and funny enough, you will still end up doing all the learning, practicing and research yourself.

If they are going to employ you or help you in marketing your skills, then its manageable.

Self tutor, mentor and motivation. Ok
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Money2000: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
That sticker you replied them with funny die…

Price too outrageous Biko

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by ComputerVirus(m): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
I learned programming using my J2ME phone! I used w3schools and udemy, using w3schools tryit editor, i practised coding myself! Visit https://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_basic

happy coding yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Techguy96(m): 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:
Sorry for posting this here..but I really need answers because I don't understand what is going on here.. So I decided I wanted to learn computer programming so I started searching for where I could acquire the skill. I can across these guys yesterday but I would not mention their names here.. I asked how much it would cost to study software engineering because its a six months course..could you believe how much these guys mentioned for me? 850k...yes that right #850,000 and that's not all it still goes as far as 1.7million naira..

Please If i may ask, computer gurus in the house.. Is there any way this prices are justifiable? Because I don't get..
I learnt the complete MERN stack on YouTube for free.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by larryking540: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
dawnomike:
Everything in Nigeria is fast becoming premium hiked...
because we don't like ourselves,
y do u think African is back ward ,I will advise state govt and Fed govt to handle these sector ,that's y the price of our local food is over inflated eg garri way be local food
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Techguy96(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
mofedamijo:

You are missing my point, did you not read where I wrote that people can start with YouTube, but should ensure tbey get certifications along the way

What I am saying is, to increase your chances and earnings get the necessary certifications and degree.

If I have three good candidates in front of me, and after interview they all scored 92%

Candidate A: 4 years experience, good character, knows the job, has a masters degree.

Candidate B: 4 years experience, good character, knows the job, has a bachelors degree.

Candidate C: 4 years experience, good character, knows the job, no degree.

All things being equal. Who do you think I will hire?? Candidate A of cause. Even if I am going to hire candidate C, I am going to pay way lower. By the way, if a client requires someone with a degree, certainly, I am not going to consider candidate C. That is the point I am making.
Not entirely true sha, most tech company pays according to work experience not According to degree or certificate but I get ur point.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by julius53: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2021
Oga , na yahoo plus they wanted to tutors you
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by teewhydope(m): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
uuzba:

Simple!!
exactly, it only takes swift/spectranet unlimited, youtube, udemy, medium, stackoverflow and you're good to go. the total investment isn't even up to 50k if you already have a laptop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Craggybogg: 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2021
FanOfMyself:
I have video courses on html, css, javascript, VueJs if you want to become a web developer. It costs only 15k.

Na wetin dem dey talk be this. With 15K data sub I go see those videos for free online.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery / Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017? / Sanwo-Olu Rewards Aminat Yusuf With ₦10M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.