Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,504 members, 7,830,517 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics (32259 Views)

Tinubu Actually Reduced The Price Of School Fee For Unity Schools. / Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco / Price Of 2019 JAMB UTME Form And Registration Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by RALPHOW(m): 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2021
You cannot compare speed of learning on video or YouTube with class , just one minute answer from lecturer may take you a whole day to locate on YouTube.

It's expensive to keep good lecturers

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Alimi1(m): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
you took this words out of my mouth.
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
If I was to enroll in a school ehn them for don squeeze my pocket finish

Please which YouTube channel?
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by aircom(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2021
iconnecta:

I have Msc Comp.Sci.
17+ years Programming experience(PHP OOP developer/expert level and i build code libraries, JAVA,SQL DB and so much more). i need high pay Job in US.
just a Full stack Programmer.
my need: i want to escape from Naija either via PHD or JOB employ. either way na still way

Do you have a web portfolio?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Sheriman(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
We have few of them advertising on Nairaland too. How could you be telling your students they will know how to develop a website or Application after 6 months of learning a language. This is just a pure scam!! What pained me the most is the high price they charged?? Whey everything dey online for free if you're not lazy to research, read documentations of the language you want to learn and practice a lot of coding excercise.
Instead of paying them such huge money. I will use it to buy a good laptop, wifi, office table and chair to sit while coding and good food to eat.
90% of world programmers are hardworking self taught programmers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by joeking2222: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2021
Joelobioha:
no be small thing oo guy..3month computer school oga dey tell me 35,000..I just stand dey look am like film..
Lols......bro, this LIFE no hard o, na we make am hard 4 ourself. Everybody just wan selfish at once.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Hightser: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2021
definitelyME:
Sorry for posting this here..but I really need answers because I don't understand what is going on here.. So I decided I wanted to learn computer programming so I started searching for where I could acquire the skill. I can across these guys yesterday but I would not mention their names here.. I asked how much it would cost to study software engineering because its a six months course..could you believe how much these guys mentioned for me? 850k...yes that right #850,000 and that's not all it still goes as far as 1.7million naira..

Please If i may ask, computer gurus in the house.. Is there any way this prices are justifiable? Because I don't get..

Software engineering is expensive to learn, how do you expect people to rent an office space, employ software engineers to teach and pay them salary, equip office space, buy fuel and on Ac for you for six months and charge you less than this?

Total package for decagon is 3.2m for Six months too, except that they will be aiding you in job search.

If you want to learn and you don’t have the funds, discipline yourself and stay indoors, subscribe to YouTube and learn, stop being emotional about everything, they are not the reason you are a poor mans son, even if you study computer science in school for 10 years, you won’t know jack without self discipline and research.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2021
Techguy96:

Not entirely true sha, most tech company pays according to work experience not According to degree or certificate but I get ur point.

Your qualification matters, I am a Senior recuiter with several clients around the world. Qualifications are essential in salary negotiations, very important aspect of it. Yes, years of experience is important, but a masters degree with 3 years experience, and a 4 years experience with no degree, trust me, the salary of the masters degree candidate will be higher. Do you realise that in the U.S,your degree involves practical experience and Intern which serves as experience?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by LoveJesus87(m): 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
l69l:
YOUTUBE is FREE
God bless you jare
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Isokehn(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
cry
FanOfMyself:
I have video courses on html, css, javascript, VueJs if you want to become a web developer. It costs only 15k.

Pls I need those web dev videos asap gimme ur whatsapp no cry
FanOfMyself:
I have video courses on html, css, javascript, VueJs if you want to become a web developer. It costs only 15k.

Pls I need those web dev videos asap give me ur whatsapp no
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Hightser: 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
Sheriman:
We have few of them advertising on Nairaland too. How could you be telling your students they will know how to develop a website or Application after 6 months of learning a language. This is just a pure scam!! What pained me the most is the high price they charged?? Whey everything dey online for free if you're not lazy to research, read documentations of the language you want to learn and practice a lot of coding excercise.
Instead of paying them such huge money. I will use it to buy a good laptop, wifi, office table and chair to sit while coding and good food to eat.
90% of world programmers are hardworking self taught programmers.

At the bolder is actually true, if after 6 months of comprehensive study and you can’t design a basic website or app, then software engineering is not for the person, I’m talking from experience chief, html and css can be learnt in one month of comprehensive study.

With html and css you can already build a website but without functionality then imagine learning JavaScript for 5 months. It’s very possible.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by vickydevoka(m): 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
l69l:
YOUTUBE is FREE
You tube is not just free buh de best.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by AmokwuJS: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
GrantIkenna:
The truth be say, e no easy to teach programming. The prices are not justified, as i taught myself web, android and now embedded systems. But it wasnt easy, the difficult days i felt like quiting, wasted over 6months, before i discovered how to learn. If you have the patience, teach yourself.
What technique did you use?
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by yunqdady: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
itoldu:

Please go and register on tryhackme.com. it's free. There is a learning path to guide you. You can also check out networkchuck on YouTube.

Lol, you are even the one telling me to "shut up and stop spitting". Take your testimony to church and be kind to others. Make the world a better place. Love and light, always.
You were harsh on that post. Apologies though.
Thanks for this
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
mofedamijo:
All this Nigerian Developers with YouTube as learning centres... Lol

They will tell you they learnt programming in 6 months with YouTube.. And they are gurus now... Lol

You think YouTube learning vs someone who has a masters degree in Computer science, and started with a two years programming course/Certification are on the same level?

You can start with YouTube, but make sure you get certifications, and be good at your niche.

I am a Senior Recruiter based out of Nigeria, and all my U.S clients require a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer science for entry level positions.

Most Indians and Asian I have hired in the U.S have a Masters degree in computer science, that is one of the edges they have over YouTube developers.

There is no way I will hire someone who learnt through YouTube alone, over someone with Bachelors degree, two years programming certification at a reputable institution. No way.
Continue. So many American high schoolers who have no higher education cert but are working fine in companies.
When your black brothers are trying to work against a system stacked against them, your inferiority complex and privilege still makes you a barrier to their efforts.
Later you will ask why Africa remains where it is today. But we thank God that for every one individual like yourself with such shallow reasoning, a few more with more refined thought process rise.

Mr. Recruiter, have a nice day.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by OlawaleBammie: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
you took this words out of my mouth.
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
If I was to enroll in a school ehn them for don squeeze my pocket finish
pls give me the channel of ur tuitor on YouTube...plssss
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Trojan8:

How did you do it bro? I am currently learning cloud computing (AWS). Apparently, I need intermediate level knowledge on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Help me
Don’t listen to that guy. Nobody can be perfect even in HTML in just a month. Talk more of css and JS. My guy probably just coded some kiddy projects along with a YouTube instructor and already feels like brad traversy.
This is what the learning curve looks like for programmers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by yunqdady: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
HenryDion:

Also ask him where you'll get YouTube. You're dull... Please forget it.
You this boy. Cos of that Facebook group you Admin ba, you can open your mouth to talk trash
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Hightser: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Joelobioha:
no be small thing oo guy..3month computer school oga dey tell me 35,000..I just stand dey look am like film..

Guy na poverty go kill you last last, so you expect someone to teach you for 3 months for 35 k, kindly divide the 35k by the 3 months, less than 15k and you are complaining.

Learning programming personally I have spent about 50k in MTN data in a month plus.

Plus the fact that they pay for an office, buy fuel to operate daily and have other staff too.

I Kuku no fit do the business sha

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by snoopz: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
When YouTube and google is there dishing out free courses
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by AmokwuJS: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
Limassol:
Please Which is more profitable and in demand: UX/UI or Android development? if none, suggest best IT skill to learn in 2022.
They both have high demand. I just think many people are going into UI/UX because of they are avoiding coding. I think passion should drive ones choice. There's a huge market for both ui/ux and android dev

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by CSTRR: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
Go to udemy and buy courses.

While many people were buying phones on black friday, people like us were using that day to buy udemy courses.

Courses sold for N3000 on that day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
An interesting thread loaded with information.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by emmy4real94(m): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
I have a udemy master course covering alot..
HTML
Css
JavaScript
Php
jQuery
Twitter bootstrap
WordPress & more...

I can sell for 10k

Less previlage can negotiate for a lower prices..

Give me the Hallaa!!
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by CSTRR: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
MOAT academy is N300k for 3 months.

Fullstack web development.

Highly expensive shitt.

But to be fair, if you can actually master the field, you would make back that money in one job.

So in one way, the high cost is justified.
The rewards are pretty high.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by yunqdady: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Hightser: 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
Newboss:

Say the one you know o. Networking is more of hardware than software. Networking is different from network programming.

No be only ethical hacking, cyber security join. Nonsense

Most of these people always commenting on computer threads don’t know jack and are mostly kids, sometimes I feel like I question what I already know when I see their comments, you will see them advising someone to go and learn programming or web design then I’m like wow...

Or learn programming or backend development or front end development.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Continue. So many American high schoolers who have no higher education cert but are working fine in companies.
When your black brothers are trying to work against a system stacked against them, your inferiority complex and privilege still makes you a barrier to their efforts.
Later you will ask why Africa remains where it is today. But we thank God that for every one individual like yourself with such shallow reasoning, a few more with more refined thought process rise.

Mr. Recruiter, have a nice day.

Mr. Illiterate, I am not the cause of your frustration. I can explain it to you, but I can't help you understand it. No high school education, but are working as what in which company? Lol. To work in Chic Fill A, or at Walmart, you need high school cert. Here you are expecting a multinational company to employ someone without a high school cert. For a huge position. You must be a big dreamer. Go online and apply for a top position at Microsoft or IBM without a high school cert. Illiterate.what has inferiority complex has to do with facts and requirements

Get a life dulls

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Divinefavour1: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
This is for those interested in learning software development via a study group mentorship.

Kindly send a message to the address below.

big383179ATGmaildotcom

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Sheriman(m): 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hightser:

At the bolder is actually true, if after 6 months of comprehensive study and you can’t design a basic website or app, then software engineering is not for the person, I’m talking from experience chief, html and css can be learnt in one month of comprehensive study.

With html and css you can already build a website but without functionality then imagine learning JavaScript for 5 months. It’s very possible.
This is not for everyone
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2021
yunqdady:

So I can't get a job in cyber security without a degree in CS ? My degree is in nursing

Why not, but just build on your nursing with more certifications. The point I am making is simple. I.T roles are fast becoming professional positions.

Most companies have noticed that a lot of people are coming into the I.T sector claiming to be what they are not, just because of the money. Hence the change in requirements.

Will you hire someone with a degree in mathematics for a Nursing position? No. However, with a certification in CNA, that makes the candidate more suited for the role.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
They believe say na computer students dey end up becoming hackers, premium Yahoo boys/girls in the future, abi?

This is a good line for future billionaires.. cheesy
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by frankosivue(m): 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
b5ive:
Software engineering in 6months, its not achievable if i must say. U need skills like programming, ethical hacking, networking etc combined b4 u can be called a software engineer, acquiring this skills will take u at least 2/3 years. Learning gradually on your own is your best bet, then have an IT mentor n keep practicing. With time and consistency u will catch up.
Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023 WAEC Runs Whatsapp Group Link / 2023 Free WAEC Expo - Runz / GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria / Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.