Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,817 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics (32162 Views)

Tinubu Actually Reduced The Price Of School Fee For Unity Schools. / Can I Do Computer Science Without Having Done Chemistry In My Waec And Neco / Price Of 2019 JAMB UTME Form And Registration Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
All this Nigerian Developers with YouTube as learning centres... Lol

They will tell you they learnt programming in 6 months with YouTube.. And they are gurus now... Lol

You think YouTube learning vs someone who has a masters degree in Computer science, and started with a two years programming course/Certification are on the same level?

You can start with YouTube, but make sure you get certifications, and be good at your niche.

I am a Senior Recruiter based out of Nigeria, and most of my U.S clients require a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer science for entry level positions.

Most Indians and Asian I have hired in the U.S have a Masters degree in computer science, that is one of the edges they have over YouTube developers.

There is no way I will hire someone who learnt through YouTube alone, over someone with Bachelors degree, two years programming certification at a reputable institution. No way.

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by tolaade1960: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Because IT / Computing is the hotcake job in the world now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by itoldu: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
It's because you all are too lazy!

This would only get you angered because it is the truth. There are thousands of free learning materials all over the internet (YouTube, Coursera, udemy, khan academy) but your laziness tells you to give money to someone who is probably also still learning to teach you. There are people sharing links on Twitter to free courses but no, "I prefer to be taught".

Play into LinkedIn, connect with people, they would guide you as you are learning. Coconut heads. There is a reason why the indians are at the forefront in the tech space. They are learning voraciously and mostly with free stuff on the internet. Continue paying "Uncle J and sons" because the lazy mentality that tells you certificate from wherever you have paid would earn you a decent job.

Learn! Learn!! Learn!!! Discipline yourself and trust me, you'd be better off than "become a full stack dev in 3 months".

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Lalami3232(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Na so E be oooo grin grin. I remembered when I paid almost 300K to learn Java at NIIT. I no even gain anything from them, I just jejely catwalk leave them and the money. When I started teaching myself, I come even sabi pass people wey don dey code for 5years ago. No need wasting that kind big money in learning programming except you just need the certificate. You can always get good videos and books online that would help you. And most importantly, get a mentor wey go guide you, else you go just dey run in circle. Whem I first start programming on my own, I dey read/code for 12hours everyday. I come dey even dream sef say I dey teach people programming because my life was focused on it. This programming na the only thing wey you no need certificate before getting a good job in 9ja. Provided you sabi, certificate no dey count. Now I dey make shakara for jobs in 9ja grin.
Next year, na Canada jobs I go dey apply for because I deserve big money now. My brother, no pay anybody big money to learn programming. Go online and download books and videos. But get yourself a mentor or a programming friend wey una go dey motivate each other, else you go frustrate later if nobody to encourage you.
My advise to you if you wan learn programming and work for 9ja. Know the following in the ascending order:
1. HTML
2. CSS & BOOTSTRAP OR MATERIAL UI
3. VANILLA JAVASCRIPT
4. REACT JS
5. NODE JS
6. MONGO DB

Those na the first thing I go advise you to learn. After that one, enter Python and thank me later

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Sirwallace(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Embrace the democratization of schools and learning platforms.

Go to youtube, Udemy, Course Era, Udacity etc and self thought yourself.

Self discipline and motivation is all you need.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by redcliff: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
850k is almost 2k dollars. it cost you almost nothing to learn comptia a+ online. exam is 400 dollars for both modules. awon ole..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Propsvilla(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
No be today
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by JIREN01: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
you took this words out of my mouth.
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
If I was to enroll in a school ehn them for don squeeze my pocket finish
You mean you learnt HTML CSS and Java SCR via self-study and became good at it in just a month? If so, please how long did you spend studying daily?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
Learn how to learn. Quality IT materials full internet.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Chijeep(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
I subscribed to YouTube night plan for one month and during that one month I used YouTube and became perfect on HTML CSS and JavaScript.. now I can call myself a web developer.
Please give me the procedure to enrol in it
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Joiedevivre: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
FanOfMyself:
I have video courses on html, css, javascript, VueJs if you want to become a web developer. It costs only 15k.
Shove your courses down your throat. Weyrey

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Omniman(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
The return on investment is Sweet....

But the price is outrageous
It will keep increasing every year wink
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by organicsprojects: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
Be certified as an organic farmer in any of the following fields: ORGANIC PRODUCTION OF FAST GROWING ALL MALES CATFISH/TILAPIA, ORGANIC GROWING OF CROPS/VEGETABLES, ORGANIC POULTRY PRODUCTION, ORGANIC HERBICIDES AND MANURES, ETC. VISIT:.
www.organicfarming.com.ng Call or whatsapp 09128565042. Registration still in progress, click the website and register.
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mkoabiola: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2021
dawnomike:
Everything in Nigeria is fast becoming premium hiked...
Artificial premium hike
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by RuddyFusion(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
Start from YouTube
Look for freecodecamo and Coder coder channel
And more

Send me email nigerianbybirth@gmail.com

I have more options to give you
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by SmartPolician: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
l69l:
YOUTUBE is FREE

The internet was the best thing that happened to our generation.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by yunqdady: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2021
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by ckvemgbia(m): 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2021
Many of this HR guys or recruiters aren't half as qualified as the people they interview.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by yunqdady: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2021
How do I start. Want to master cyber security. I have no basics. How do I start
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by mofedamijo(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2021
JIREN01:
You mean you learnt HTML CSS and Java SCR via self-study and became good at it in just a month? If so, please how long did you spend studying daily?

Lol.... Don't mind this developer wannabes. Give them a project that should not take more than a month, and they will finish in 9 months time. Even the Asian and Indian gurus did not learn in a month.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Jsolomex(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2021
Thermodynamics:
Nor mind them, yeye people, na so Nigeria things de be, they like taking advantage of people at the smallest opportunity. At the end them go put you for AC class, then one mr Ademola go wear suit come de recite all wetin he don learn for YouTube and Udemy.
Am curious about the name me Ademola you used in your narration... did you at anytime enrolled into the inner forex cycle?
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by MorataFC: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
pls can u give the youtu.be channel
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by boookworm: 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2021
So na so the programmers wan take make their millions. I be think say numerous international jobs dey look for them, so why them still dey try milk fellow Nigerians.

Nonsense and overrating

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by peacettw: 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2021
l69l:
YOUTUBE is FREE

SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2021
FahBuLous:
Where can I get an eBook??

Pdfdrive. Com

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Enniez2018(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
All these things are free with udemy coupons
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
Jsolomex:

Am curious about the name me Ademola you used in your narration... did you at anytime enrolled into the inner forex cycle?

YES
Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by Afonjashapmouth: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
My question is: Where are their heroes past? Like graduated students? They should give us names of their product in high places in IT. Hope its not a zazu school of yahoo cos charging someone 850kfor what they can sit and learn with 100k of data. No be juju be that?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by itoldu: 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2021
yunqdady:

Shut up and stop spitting

Got a better opinion?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by iconnecta(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
mofedamijo:
All this Nigerian Developers with YouTube as learning centres... Lol

They will tell you they learnt programming in 6 months with YouTube.. And they are gurus now... Lol

You think YouTube learning vs someone who has a masters degree in Computer science, and started with a two years programming course/Certification are on the same level?

You can start with YouTube, but make sure you get certifications, and be good at your niche.

I am a Senior Recruiter based out of Nigeria, and all my U.S clients require a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer science for entry level positions.

Most Indians and Asian I have hired in the U.S have a Masters degree in computer science, that is one of the edges they have over YouTube developers.

There is no way I will hire someone who leart through YouTube alone, over someone with Bachelors degree, two years programming certification at a reputable institution. No way.

I have Msc Comp.Sci.
17+ years Programming experience(PHP OOP developer/expert level and i build code libraries, JAVA,SQL DB and so much more). i need high pay Job in US.
just a Full stack Programmer.
my need: i want to escape from Naija either via PHD or JOB employ. either way na still way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics by itoldu: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
yunqdady:
How do I start. Want to master cyber security. I have no basics. How do I start

Please go and register on tryhackme.com. it's free. There is a learning path to guide you. You can also check out networkchuck on YouTube.

Lol, you are even the one telling me to "shut up and stop spitting". Take your testimony to church and be kind to others. Make the world a better place. Love and light, always.

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery / Riot In Lautech As Students Mob Pregnant Lecturer + Victims (Photos) / Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.