Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money (37701 Views)

Will I Regret Not Having Children / Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by seyz91(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2022
Confirm!
Tokskob2008:
What more can be termed embarrassing than when family members don't even care if you alive or dead all because money no dey but let situation change now you will start hearing 'I'm your father's brother mother " or some other ridiculous stuffs... Honestly money someone without money in this life is a walking dead.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2022
I'll be giving 2k to 20 people and teach 50 people crypto for free send a mail to judith.b.ukeyima@gmail.com

14 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by TVTKOKO(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2022
I don't know how God is doing this, but since i became adult I've never for once lacked money even though I came from a very very poor background

13 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by seyz91(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
Not everyone got opportunity to get job or work back at their former place of work

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I don't just like borrowing......Of recent,I was really broke,like so broke.....Not that I don't have friends who'd easily borrow me the amount of money I needed to sort things out,but personally,I refused to borrow.....In stead,I went back to the former bakery where I used to hustle, removed shame and worked there for a week just to raise the money I needed. cool ............No be say I don't usually pay back,I do.....But what's the need to borrow money when I've got an alternative on how to raise the money? That was what I said to myself...

Instead of many talks wey go lead to embarrassment,make I kukuma go to work undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by RexTramadol1: 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dem go carry you Dey play fah
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by LyfeJennings(m): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
Plus10:
A friend just called me of how he was embarrassed by his Sister inlaw because of the money she borrowed him sometime ago.

According to him, his Sister-inlaw came to his house last week Wednesday to ask for the money. But unfortunately he did not have the money to give to her but he however promised her on Wednesday this week.

He made the promise hoping that the company where he works was going to pay him yesterday Wednesday. But unfortunately, the company later prosponed it to tomorrow Friday.

Now according to him, the Sister inlaw came to his house today to ask of the cash. When he was trying to explain to her that the company has shifted payment till tomorrow Friday, the Sister-inlaw starting yelling at him with a very loud voice even neighbours around were hearing her yelling. She called him stupid and foolish even in the presence of his wife. Now my friend is highly diverstated, he said he does not even know how his neighbours will start seeing him with the kind disgrace meted on him by his Sister in law.

Now has lack of money caused you any form of embarrassment in life before? If yes, how did you manage to hold back? Your comments are highly welcome!

Ur friend is an e-diot
How ur sister in law go abuse U ontop ur own money
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by phemmyfour: 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2022
I don't owe, I hardly borrow

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Emperordynasty: 7:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
LOL I remember someone told me to buy peanut, to soak with garri cuz she knows it's garri I'll soak that evening,
She was probably joking ,was she

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by seyz91(m): 7:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
Confirm!

Can't be said any better
Pinkzebra:
Life , I don't know maybe it is only in Nigeria, but these days it seems the only thing valuable about humans is how much they have . Family , even your own parents won't call you to know they care except money is involve.

Relationships are now based on what you have not because of your personality. Is painful to know no one cares truly except you have money .
I try to advoid borrowing and if situations warrant I borrow, I must pay back for I do not borrow what I know I can't afford to pay back .
But it hurts to know no one's cares except you are rich .
No matter how many people flock around a rich person , that person is lonely for no one cares about him except the money and if the money goes away , then he )she will see how naked they are

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2022
Mine was a very painful experience that almost made me kill myself because I was owing someone just 4k and the guy has always been a bone on my neck.

He calls me every day, threatening me with texts.

One day he caught me, raining insults on me.

You are a graduate and you are still a child when it comes to money.

Omo, my heart bleeds.

I was seating on my bed for a complete one week not knowing what to do to make money.

I tried joining yahoo boys but, I looked at myself from head to the toe.

I told myself "you are a great future even without yahoo, follow the process".

I moved on with my life hoping that things will get better soon.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by gazza07(m): 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
God bless the giver always. I'm impressed the way you handled the situation.
isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

As he was there trying to be emotional, I left.

Once again, thank you amdman for coming to my aid.

Remember, THE FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST HUMANS, BUT POVERTY.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Centis007: 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
I was giving chicken Nyash

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Susily(m): 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
TVTKOKO:
I don't know how God is doing this, but since i became adult I've never for once lacked money even though I came from a very very poor background

You pay your tithes right??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Chuksmonika(m): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
chukwuma0000:
Mine was a very painful experience that almost made me kill myself because I was owing someone just 4k and the guy has always been a bone on my neck.

He calls me every day, threatening me with texts.

One day he caught me, raining insults on me.

You are a graduate and you are still a child when it comes to money.

Omo, my heart bleeds.

I was seating on my bed for a complete one week not knowing what to do to make money.

I tried joining yahoo boys but, I looked at myself from head to the toe.

I told myself "you are a great future even without yahoo, follow the process".

I moved on with my life hoping that things will get better soon.

just like your moniker, which I would want to believe is your name, " Chukwuma" meaning God knows it all.

Follow the process bro, you'll make it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by oazeez1991(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
TVTKOKO:

Are u by any chance a CANCER i.e. ur birthday fall between June 21 - July 22?

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by geechy: 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
Plus10:

Hmm...just imagine ontop 2k o.

Ahbobi,,

2k that has passed 2weeks. That one Don turn intentional owing.
People do owe another even beyond the grace period yet they feel no worries when they pass by the person they owe... It's wicked
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by gazza07(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
Paying someone school fees from js3 to university level year 2-3 ain't moi-moi. That's was my situation with my junior brother, at his year 3, business crumbled and nothing is left, just me and my broke ass, no thanks to Nigeria customs. I had to call my junior brother schooling in uniport who has been depending on me for money just to eat. Omo, not an easy situation I found myself in at that time.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by twilliamx(m): 7:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Plus10:
A friend just called me of how he was embarrassed by his Sister inlaw because of the money she borrowed him sometime ago.

According to him, his Sister-inlaw came to his house last week Wednesday to ask for the money. But unfortunately he did not have the money to give to her but he however promised her on Wednesday this week.

He made the promise hoping that the company where he works was going to pay him yesterday Wednesday. But unfortunately, the company later prosponed it to tomorrow Friday.

Now according to him, the Sister inlaw came to his house today to ask of the cash. When he was trying to explain to her that the company has shifted payment till tomorrow Friday, the Sister-inlaw starting yelling at him with a very loud voice even neighbours around were hearing her yelling. She called him stupid and foolish even in the presence of his wife. Now my friend is highly diverstated, he said he does not even know how his neighbours will start seeing him with the kind disgrace meted on him by his Sister in law.

Now has lack of money caused you any form of embarrassment in life before? If yes, how did you manage to hold back? Your comments are highly welcome!

Who neighbour help. He better not allow himself enter depression. There is no one without his or her own issues. Las las they gossip and e go tire them and they will move on. He should work on becoming succesful to avoid such situation

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Aguilar(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
When i dey hk. I dey wash plate. So my chairman babe troway plate wey she be wan use chop for my side.

6 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
May God give us the money that will silent our mockers in Jesus name

14 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Yungspitta: 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
LettyLayo:
I'll be giving 2k to 20 people and teach 50 people crypto for free send a mail to judith.b.ukeyima@gmail.com
God bless you mightily ma, have also sent a message to the above email
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Annie001: 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2022
zed7:
Most people deserve the embarrassment they get, especially the borrowers. If you make the mistake of borrowing a Nigerian money, you're in trouble.

Most times you need to embarrass them before you'll get your money. Some will even tell you to calm down for small change, after all federal government sef dey owe.

If people were genuinely honest, nobody will embarrass them. Nobody is more humble than a man looking to borrow money. Same person becomes a beast after collecting the money.
No be the question wey op ask be this ooo
ITK

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by geechy: 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Use geechy,

Asz for me, I dey respet maisef. I no dey put hand where e no reach. I no dey do longa throat. I no dey find wetin wey no dey find me.
And oluwa dey help me avoid circumstance that I can't cope with...

Praise the Lord!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Samuelriano1(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
zed7:
Most people deserve the embarrassment they get, especially the borrowers. If you make the mistake of borrowing a Nigerian money, you're in trouble.

Most times you need to embarrass them before you'll get your money. Some will even tell you to calm down for small change, after all federal government sef dey owe.

If people were genuinely honest, nobody will embarrass them. Nobody is more humble than a man looking to borrow money. Same person becomes a beast after collecting the money.

I can relate to this. I remember last year November, a female friend messaged me n was asking for a certain amount of money, I told her, I don't have , it's only my clearance money that is with me, she sharperly said borrow me, I will give you the next day, it's an emergency that's y, I just said ok, and I did the transfer.1hr later, she said she didn't see the alert, I showed her proof, she said I should send it again, that if it enters twice, she will give me d total money, Omo na God save me o, I no gree, since that novem till today Jan 12, I never see my money. this same person do buy weed worth 8k in my presence, and keeps telling me to chill.j just overlooked it, n vowed not to ask again. Nigerians are not truthful when it comes to borrowing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by dododawa1: 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
Inside life, nothing is NEW.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Goldbw122(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

As he was there trying to be emotional, I left.

Once again, thank you amdman for coming to my aid.

Remember, THE FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST HUMANS, BUT POVERTY.
That is touching that is the truth, the fight is against poverty is not against human, you know I imagine a world with rich folks around you know you will never find someone to disrespect because everyone is either up over your level or even your wealth so a time will come when money will not be the problem anymore it will be life, how long someone will spend in this planet.. that is what human will be scared of.

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Tekzyflex(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
zed7:

Very correct! A friend called me three weeks ago that I should borrow him 20k,that he will pay in 3 days time. I gave him 20k from my son's school fees but till today ,he has switched his phone off. People wicked sha!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by dododawa1: 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
Samuelriano1:

I can relate to this. I remember last year November, a female friend messaged me n was asking for a certain amount of money, I told her, I don't have , it's only my clearance money that is with me, she sharperly said borrow me, I will give you the next day, it's an emergency that's y, I just said ok, and I did the transfer.1hr later, she said she didn't see the alert, I showed her proof, she said I should send it again, that if it enters twice, she will give me d total money, Omo na God save me o, I no gree, since that novem till today Jan 12, I never see my money. this same person do buy weed worth 8k in my presence, and keeps telling me to chill.j just overlooked it, n vowed not to ask again. Nigerians are not truthful when it comes to borrowing.
moving with a friend, smoking egbo/weed.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lack of money one of the greatest battle.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Goldbw122(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
Samuelriano1:

That girl need serious deliverance..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by alphaNomega: 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
The problem is those that borrow money with no intention to pay back

6 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by babavik: 8:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
OldNairalander:

Bro put your guy through on the crypto stuff. Don't allow your experience to make you bitter. There are good people out there.
Drop your digit I will send you a comprehensive and easy to understand pdf on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / New Wife Wants Husband's Late Wife Pictures Removed From The Wall / Lets Celebrate Our Nairaland Children ( post Your Pictures) :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.