Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money (37760 Views)

Will I Regret Not Having Children / Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Brainzz40(m): 12:30am On Jan 13, 2022
BKsoul2:
I just sent it now.... am sorry for the delay.... please manage..... Do you live in Lagos I will like to send some food to you....
many people still good for this life

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Sheriman(m): 12:33am On Jan 13, 2022
I have read so many comment here tonight OMO some of my Nigerian people have seen worst moment of their life, experience so much humiliation and tribulations of this life. Though I have never been embarrassed in my life and I have never shamed or embarrassed people. I can't do such because I don't want anyone to do the same to me. Not that I am rich guy or come from a rich home but I am just a village guy from Ondo State doing perfectly alright for myself. I have started hustling during my secondary school days up til my university education even now that I'm a graduate we still dey hustle dey go. We must make this money but must be legitimately and I stand firm on that. But one thing I noticed is that in our society people tends to respect you when you have little change at hand you dress well you smell nice you look good people will give that respect and honour.

7 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by kaymart: 12:55am On Jan 13, 2022
Aurelius1:
Bros, the spirit is willing but the pocket is weak. Don't worry God will bring a helper whose spirit and pocket is willing. grin
Tyson Fury fan spotted
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Zee0007: 1:01am On Jan 13, 2022
You are right. Legit is the key word.

Sheriman:
I have read so many comment here tonight OMO some of my Nigerian people have seen worst moment of their life, experience so much humiliation and tribulations of this life. Though I have never been embarrassed in my life and I have never shamed or embarrassed people. I can't do such because I don't want anyone to do the same to me. Not that I am rich guy or come from a rich home but I am just a village guy from Ondo State doing perfectly alright for myself. I have started hustling during my secondary school days up til my university education even now that I'm a graduate we still dey hustle dey go. We must make this money but must be legitimately and I stand firm on that. But one thing I noticed is that in our society people tends to respect you when you have little change at hand you dress well you smell nice you look good people will give that respect and honour.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by catice(m): 1:05am On Jan 13, 2022
Your friend is indeed a foolish man. That's what I can conclude about all these!
Plus10:
A friend just called me of how he was embarrassed by his Sister inlaw because of the money she borrowed him sometime ago.

According to him, his Sister-inlaw came to his house last week Wednesday to ask for the money. But unfortunately he did not have the money to give to her but he however promised her on Wednesday this week.

He made the promise hoping that the company where he works was going to pay him yesterday Wednesday. But unfortunately, the company later prosponed it to tomorrow Friday.

Now according to him, the Sister inlaw came to his house today to ask of the cash. When he was trying to explain to her that the company has shifted payment till tomorrow Friday, the Sister-inlaw starting yelling at him with a very loud voice even neighbours around were hearing her yelling. She called him stupid and foolish even in the presence of his wife. Now my friend is highly diverstated, he said he does not even know how his neighbours will start seeing him with the kind disgrace meted on him by his Sister in law.

Now has lack of money caused you any form of embarrassment in life before? If yes, how did you manage to hold back? Your comments are highly welcome!
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Fortune118005(m): 1:22am On Jan 13, 2022
amdman:

I have replied your PM.

Respond with your bank details.
Good morning
I am pleased to see that you are helping people and I pray that God will reward you abundantly.
Please I also need your help too. I need support from you to pay my house rent.
God bless you as you help
Fidelity Bank Plc
Temidayo Olugbenga
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by sunnymighty(m): 1:23am On Jan 13, 2022
bluefilm:

No friend just called you anything.

YOU are the one.

Abeg go and pay your sister-in-law and stop disgracing yourself bikonu.

Nonsense. sad

My father never stopped talking about the money one of his in-laws owed him till he died, happened to be the only male among 4 females, funnily my sisters all took side with the young man when I told them what he did was very bad and shameful.God no go shame us.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Fortune118005(m): 1:49am On Jan 13, 2022
BKsoul2:
Lol.....am a female...... can i dash you 2k please manage it from me...... you want transfer or airtime?

Hi good morning
Please do me a favour I need support from you to pay my house rent, I need to pay before February to avoid embarrassment. I have a small token with me just a support from you will go a long way.
God bless you as you help
Fidelity Bank Plc
Temidayo Olugbenga
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Fortune5588: 2:02am On Jan 13, 2022
Being born into a struggling home is a very big problem on its own as you have got to work tirelessly to get things done all by yourself because there is none to reach out to for assistance.

One of those embarrassing moments was when I got posted to a southwestern state for my NYSC service late last year. No one to assist me with money to rent an apartment, this situation forced me to beg a fellow corp member if she could allow me to stay with her briefly before sorting myself out, she agreed and I moved in, a week after this sister started giving me attitude and sending me on an errands as though I'm her house girl.

It was the lowest of low anyone had made me felt since I can remember. Hopefully February ending I will move out and thank her for accommodating me. Sincerely those of you that were born into financially okay homes are very lucky in life.

12 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by loveme1738: 3:17am On Jan 13, 2022
Honestly, I've received a lot; I see no reason to share mine.
It hurts like hell anytime I remember some.
Well, I've moved on to greater heights

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by koolaid87: 3:43am On Jan 13, 2022
You're a wise man.

A real man indeed

isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

As he was there trying to be emotional, I left.

Once again, thank you amdman for coming to my aid.

Remember, THE FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST HUMANS, BUT POVERTY.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by koolaid87: 3:51am On Jan 13, 2022
God punish APC
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:17am On Jan 13, 2022
TVTKOKO:
well,, first of, I'm not the religious type. Lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian but i don't do much of those churchy tins. However, i hold God in the highest esteem. I have this Personal relationship with him. I'm no saint tho, infact if i be God eh, i for dun quench me lol.
One tin i know is that, I'm not the stingy type sha.. If i have, i give freely.
And the bolded is more important than paying tithe! Giving to a good you cannot see but ignoring the needs of a true friend or neighbour you see.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Hassanmaye(m): 6:13am On Jan 13, 2022
Nonexisting:
When the daughter of Jezebel I called girlfriend absconded with everything I had, I nearly begged for food in Abuja. I remember walking into a joint, saw my area nigga and begged him to pay for half plate for me, not even beer. Nigga's exact word "Do I look like father Christmas to you?" I left there with face full of shame and later saw him in the evening buying suya with his babe. That was the day I swore never to beg in this life again.
Hahahhahahaha at least that gender have shown you pepper you think some us shouting that gender on nairaland we don't know what we are saying?

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Hassanmaye(m): 6:24am On Jan 13, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Unfortunately, many Naija guys do this nonsense!

I can bet you that that girl you saw him with is not his babe! Simps everywhere angry
Stupid Man can lift a girl free from Lagos to Warri but the same nigga will never lift a man for 5 kilometres. So many deranged men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Hassanmaye(m): 6:26am On Jan 13, 2022
bayo2018:
lols

Mine happened this yr August /September after loosing close to 50m due to two of my project crashing with some scam stuffs and crypto inclusive (as I need to withdraw money outta my wallet to handle a Deal but the loss @ that moment if I comot fund na dead and no help from any angle so man just withdrw the money like that and loose close to $36k)
I hate begging from people normally so I went to meet some of my school guys whom I know they’re well to do to assist me with some funds make I use am quickly run some deal and get good return before withdrawing the fund from wallet
Mehn they all said nothing is available even though I know say dem get normally two out of them even block my number mehn I wan Die that period cheesy
Thank GOD for life and my parent prayer since then I’ve vowed never to assist any human on earth if you aren’t my family (not even extended ) or I’m getting a tangible value from you.

Hopefully I’ll open a thread one day once I’m done with the last project at hand
what I know is HUMANS ARE WICKED grin
please don't be wicked to others because of some people o

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by onojaford(m): 6:34am On Jan 13, 2022
isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

As he was there trying to be emotional, I left.

Once again, thank you amdman for coming to my aid.

Remember, THE FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST HUMANS, BUT POVERTY.

St. Luke!

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by muheeb01(m): 6:56am On Jan 13, 2022
May God provide for everyone

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by tradefinancehub: 7:04am On Jan 13, 2022
yes it not easy to tackle the embarrassment when there is not any money left, even bank guarantee facility sometimes stuck the money too!!
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by VTJN(m): 7:10am On Jan 13, 2022
Allisgud:
that's a bully,u self u no fit use blow scatter him mouth��
grin grin ;DI've cut him off though
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by 2ndchildhood(m): 7:37am On Jan 13, 2022
It was one of the festival holidays, wey uncles and cousins dey come spend time for grandparents house na. Among all my grandparents children, my mum is the eldest but the poorest, so automatically no respect for her and even we her children. They don't call her, they don't visit her, they don't even inform her of any developments in the family and she was the one that took care of most of them when they were small... I'm the eldest among all the grandchildren, but if all of us dey together na me uncles dey send go wash car, polish shoe, iron clothes for them even in the midst of my cousins, why? Because my own family don't have anything to offer while my cousin's parents are super rich. I can't say NO because they might be of help to me someday. Now am through with school since 4years now and am calling them but none is picking my calls.. I feel bitter tho, but na life sha. Poverty is a disease everyone should fight against.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Samuelriano1(m): 7:56am On Jan 13, 2022
babavik:

So Samuel since that day you transferred the money to her till today January 12 you have been chilling?

I had to let go,there's always a next time.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by 22o62021: 8:00am On Jan 13, 2022
Munzy14:

Oops!

This one is deep o... grin

She use you pass time before the happening guy show up....Soft world.. cheesy

It should be a motivation/challenge for you.

Wow! Na this year e happen sef..My brother one car for you this year...

Amen bro
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by 22o62021: 8:01am On Jan 13, 2022
bukky1994:
Chai! Bro free d babe, but accept her apology don't keep grudges

Na wetin i do be that

I freed her

I just let her know say I forgive her but I no forget

Make she no de come my house again
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 8:22am On Jan 13, 2022
E no go Sara Sara,omg infact I'm capless, angry
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by frankypunk(m): 8:35am On Jan 13, 2022
Mine was 6 years ago, my beat friend gave me 300k to keep and I had about 700k n I put everything for MMM, u know the story. The money lost without me even taking any profit. She came bck for her money I explained what happened to the money.
She was angry normal. I was almost at the point of taking my life, more over that my money was for my trip to Dubai for greener pasture. I looked for job no way, I went to building sites, they said I am too soft for d job dat I can’t do d job, 3 times I went there, d last day d engineer bought food for me n told me to go home, that the job isn’t for me. Omo this girl gave me hell of my life. Her sister was my crush but isn’t in Nigeria, in Cameroon. She sent 100k to offset part of d money to make her sister ease d pressure but d sister kept pushing me till she came to my house with a buyer to take my fridge, my tv and my microwave, which was 100k as d value d person agrees to buy them. Omo tear comot for my eyes dat day. Thankfully I started a job back and my first salary I paid her all d money n she was shocked n almost moved to tears but I apologized to her and I left.
Owing has never been a part of me, but I learnt never to use someone money for anything bcuz she trusted me enough to give such an amount.

For her Sister my crush, it pained me I couldn’t get married to such a Swt soul. Not just cuz of the money. That lady is hardworking. God bless u Bih.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by infotainment(m): 8:44am On Jan 13, 2022
babavik:

Drop your digit I will send you a comprehensive and easy to understand pdf on it
Am interested too, Kindly send the pdf to Zero.8.Zero.2.8.9.4.9.6.1.4

Thanks
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Gee64: 8:58am On Jan 13, 2022
A young man came from abroad, dazzled my fiancee with money and she invited me to her wedding with him.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by frank155(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2022
bayo2018:
lols

Mine happened this yr August /September after loosing close to 50m due to two of my project crashing with some scam stuffs and crypto inclusive (as I need to withdraw money outta my wallet to handle a Deal but the loss @ that moment if I comot fund na dead and no help from any angle so man just withdrw the money like that and loose close to $36k)
I hate begging from people normally so I went to meet some of my school guys whom I know they’re well to do to assist me with some funds make I use am quickly run some deal and get good return before withdrawing the fund from wallet
Mehn they all said nothing is available even though I know say dem get normally two out of them even block my number mehn I wan Die that period cheesy
Thank GOD for life and my parent prayer since then I’ve vowed never to assist any human on earth if you aren’t my family (not even extended ) or I’m getting a tangible value from you.

Hopefully I’ll open a thread one day once I’m done with the last project at hand
what I know is HUMANS ARE WICKED grin

This literally continues the cycle.
Please help when you can, don't practice one bad egg spoils the rest mentality.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by stacyadams: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2022
Gee64:
A young man came from abroad, dazzled my fiancee with money and she invited me to her wedding with him.
angry cheesy grin. Another classic case of Billy jean..
Mosdii tell me
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by stacyadams: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Hahahhahahaha at least that gender have shown you pepper you think some us shouting that gender on nairaland we don't know what we are saying?

Haha..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! / Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) / Zimbabwean Woman Beats Her Husband For Denying Her Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.