Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money (37706 Views)

Will I Regret Not Having Children / Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Mideriks04(f): 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
Omoooo I'm currently owing a friend 35k, she borrowed me to add my my school fees last year when it was not complete and the portal was about to be closed...I am still begging her up till now cos my dad haven't been able to get the money, I will resume by this month end also and I haven't gotten my foodstuffs... sometimes I feel like a bad person to my friend cos she did it out of love....i have been depressed since then cos how do I face her when I resume?

7 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Munzy14(m): 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
22o62021:
On the ist of Jan 2022

A female friend called to ask if I will be at home all day or if I will go out

I told her that I was already preparing to go out to chill

She insist I stay back because she will be coming to my place. Due to the fact that we have been friends for years and I don’t want her to feel back that I left home while she said she was coming. I stayed back

She came to my place, after 1 hour , she just answered a call and told me that she is going out to watch movies in the cinema that her male friend is parked in front of my house, she said I should not be annoyed and left.

I looked at myself and was ashamed but I can afford a movie ticket for 10 people but I can’t afford a car yet. I was embarrassed and looked down on.

She came back to apologize after 2 days but I have already told her that never in this life will she near me again.

Man and woman no de do friends

Na see finish bring the insult
Oops!

This one is deep o... grin

She use you pass time before the happening guy show up....Soft world.. cheesy

It should be a motivation/challenge for you.

Wow! Na this year e happen sef..My brother one car for you this year...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by fineberry(m): 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

As he was there trying to be emotional, I left.

Once again, thank you amdman for coming to my aid.

Remember, THE FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST HUMANS, BUT POVERTY.
I'm move by your writeup my brother.....the battle is not with the Lender but with Poverty.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by bluefilm: 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Plus10:
A friend just called me of how he was embarrassed by his Sister inlaw because of the money she borrowed him sometime ago.

According to him, his Sister-inlaw came to his house last week Wednesday to ask for the money. But unfortunately he did not have the money to give to her but he however promised her on Wednesday this week.

He made the promise hoping that the company where he works was going to pay him yesterday Wednesday. But unfortunately, the company later prosponed it to tomorrow Friday.

Now according to him, the Sister inlaw came to his house today to ask of the cash. When he was trying to explain to her that the company has shifted payment till tomorrow Friday, the Sister-inlaw starting yelling at him with a very loud voice even neighbours around were hearing her yelling. She called him stupid and foolish even in the presence of his wife. Now my friend is highly diverstated, he said he does not even know how his neighbours will start seeing him with the kind disgrace meted on him by his Sister in law.

Now has lack of money caused you any form of embarrassment in life before? If yes, how did you manage to hold back? Your comments are highly welcome!

No friend just called you anything.

YOU are the one.

Abeg go and pay your sister-in-law and stop disgracing yourself bikonu.

Nonsense. sad

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by hahn(m): 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
Plus10:
A friend just called me of how he was embarrassed by his Sister inlaw because of the money she borrowed him sometime ago.

According to him, his Sister-inlaw came to his house last week Wednesday to ask for the money. But unfortunately he did not have the money to give to her but he however promised her on Wednesday this week.

He made the promise hoping that the company where he works was going to pay him yesterday Wednesday. But unfortunately, the company later prosponed it to tomorrow Friday.

Now according to him, the Sister inlaw came to his house today to ask of the cash. When he was trying to explain to her that the company has shifted payment till tomorrow Friday, the Sister-inlaw starting yelling at him with a very loud voice even neighbours around were hearing her yelling. She called him stupid and foolish even in the presence of his wife. Now my friend is highly diverstated, he said he does not even know how his neighbours will start seeing him with the kind disgrace meted on him by his Sister in law.

Now has lack of money caused you any form of embarrassment in life before? If yes, how did you manage to hold back? Your comments are highly welcome!

Tell your friend to focus his shame on his hustle.

People lose their memories when money is involved.

Same people laughing at you today will not hesitate to call you boss when you become successful

7 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Munzy14(m): 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nonexisting:
When the daughter of Jezebel I called girlfriend absconded with everything I had, I nearly begged for food in Abuja. I remember walking into a joint, saw my area nigga and begged him to pay for half plate for me, not even beer. Nigga's exact word "Do I look like father Christmas to you?" I left there with face full of shame and later saw him in the evening buying suya with his babe. That was the day I swore never to beg in this life again.
Chai...Nawa o...That guy no be am at all..If a guy is not a guys guy, I can't keep him as friend...

Na dem dey see woman cook rice...But if their guys come around, long story with arrogance..

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Dreytonisback(m): 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Problem too plenty for here, people dey suffer oo shocked
Omo this topic ehn , if you get any relative or friend wey no dey hear word , wey never see life, just direct am come this comment session, he go see problems wey pass naija problem chai

My advise : NEVER BORROW INSTEAD HUSTLE SMARTER

Lights up my kpoli in peace

7 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Awesome01(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
I've had so many. But the most shameful
and painful one was the day my younger brother who had a car (and I didn't) ridiculed me in front my wife and neighbours.

He promised to come pick us in his car to our grandmothers burial party.

Immediately he saw me coming out the house, he shouted. "No, no, no. You can't follow me with this cloth you are wearing o". I was so embarrassed. All because I don't have money to buy the 'aso ebi', (though I struggled to buy for my wife).

After realising his folly, he was now begging that he is sorry when I asked my wife to get down from his car. We eventually took public bus to the occasion.

POVERTY IS VERY WICKED.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

UPDATE

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

Please, can you help me with 2000naira?

Please..
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
isaiah4life:

UPDATE

I wish you God's blessings bro.....

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by ccollins(m): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
elonmuxk:
hmmm mine was last week, mom is owing 3 people money from weekly savings in her pepper grinders association due to a neighbor she decided to help, the neighbor parked out of the area without notice after collecting first 2 numbers of 200k making 400k in total. leaving my mom to the debt.

The people expecting their money won't hear explanation and last week one came with police to arrest my mom, it was really embarrassing the insults I got from the lady and policemen that I can't help as first born and was helpless watching mom go with them.

Now we have 2 weeks deadline and Police issues too, we put up our house for sale to pay up and relocate after the whole police disgrace, I also posted here on nairaland but nobody is forthcoming for the purchase, or even to use the house as collateral for a loan, it's a total embarrassment because my family have always been a quiet peaceful one without dramas in the area.

Now I can't go out only very late at night
this is gross wickedness. Please do not allow the impunity and disparaging SCT of using the police to daunt u. Do not sell your house which has high tangible value becos of loan. Call me ,I am a lawyer so that I can advise u legally n properly to safeguard your property n your mother .call on 091.3920.9998

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by edwardadex23(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
babavik:

Drop your digit I will send you a comprehensive and easy to understand pdf on it

Please send me too...0 eight 0 three 4 one 6 nine 3 two seven. Thanks and I’ll be waiting
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Plus10(m): 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
Awesome01:
I've had so many. But the most shameful
and painful one was the day my younger brother who had a car (and I didn't) ridiculed me in front my wife and neighbours.

He promised to come pick us in his car to our grandmothers burial party.

Immediately he saw me coming out the house, he shouted. "No, no, no. You can't follow me with this cloth you are wearing o". I was so embarrassed. All because I don't have money to buy the 'aso ebi', (though I struggled to buy for my wife).

After realising his folly, he was now begging that he is sorry when I asked my wife to get down from his car. We eventually took public bus to the occasion.

POVERTY IS VERY WICKED.
A sad one bro...May God see us through in all our struggles!
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by ccollins(m): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
LawyerLomo:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Our plot of land that worth more that 950k was signed out for 250k.

My dad was in need of money urgently, on this notion he felt he had found help from his so call Muslim friend-Mr Musa.

On the day of this happening, I was on the school plot of land in my office when my dad came in with a written document.

When I perused through, I saw "I sold this plot of land at the sum of 250k". I called him to order at the moment.

I told him I didn't trust this man.

Mr Musa told my dad that Alhaji Mustapha(who was a rich man in my place) was the man who would buy the land, my dad affirmed to the fact that since the man is not going to use the plot of land from December 8th,2021 to like 5years, he only needed 250k so that the amount won't be much when it's time for payback, for the moment for payback with interest wasby June 2022.(which was only verbal and not documented)

But my dad did not write the agreement on the document.

I ask him to write the agreement on the document, but he said he trusted the so called Muslim friend-Mr Musa.

I refused to sign that document but my dad manipulated me emotionally.

Saying " do you want to put me to Shane in the land, we've got who would help us and you don't want to sign, They will return this land to us by June when we payback their money with a lil interest"

The same thing they told me.

Musa's brother(Abubakar) had planned the issue with his brother beforehand.

The trust my dad had for Musa was too extreme to the extent that my dad made him signed has his witness, not knowing it was Musa that was even buying the land but deceived us that it was someone else.

To cut the write up short he sold our plot of land 850k and we bought 65 by 54 of our land from him again for 240k.

All this happened December 27th. Not even up to a month now.

That mean our land worth was #6500 by my dad gave him #3500 as a witness.

The person that even bought the land is my customer.

Do not give your trust easily to peoples.

It will never be well with Musa and whomsoever had hand on his ruse on use to strip us of our land because of the trust my dad had for Musa.

Nemesis befall them all!!
consult with a good lawyer
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Starlight252: 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2022
My mum was sick for three months and we could barely afford treatment...

I was really scared cos i can't even imagine what would have happened to me "the if now if".

It's an experience i would never want to experience again.

Like someone on the first page said, "it's a race against poverty, not humans."

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Zee0007: 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
How I wish I have money, I would have supported you more with something for this attitude of yours.You are a great man.

isaiah4life:

UPDATE

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by TVTKOKO(m): 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
oazeez1991:

Are u by any chance a CANCER i.e. ur birthday fall between June 21 - July 22?
Nah.. March 22 actually. What's that got to do with anything tho??
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by LawyerLomo(m): 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
ccollins:
consult with a good lawyer

We went to a lawyer he said the the agreement was not documented , so we don't have anything to debate about nice on the main paper is was written as "sold the land"
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by RedChiefPriest: 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
You know if you don't help people when you have and you get embarrassed when you need help that's a different matter but imagine you being good to everybody you come across,you're willing to help and ready to say yes to helping people even when you don't have enough but immediately things turned around for worse you just fade away and they all leave.
I can't even talk about the embarrassments because they hurt alot but at the same time I'm learning to see the world from another perspective.
Most humans are mean,cold and ungrateful .
Not beefing nobody sha na just life.

Mesef don cold and will be much more colder when I get money
I will just donate to charities when I have and that's it! no helping of any random friend or stranger except if my spirit tells me to.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by TVTKOKO(m): 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
Susily:

You pay your tithes right??
well,, first of, I'm not the religious type. Lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian but i don't do much of those churchy tins. However, i hold God in the highest esteem. I have this Personal relationship with him. I'm no saint tho, infact if i be God eh, i for dun quench me lol.
One tin i know is that, I'm not the stingy type sha.. If i have, i give freely.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by trumpcoat(m): 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
isaiah4life:

UPDATE

Thanks to God

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Zoemicah(m): 12:00am On Jan 13, 2022
The worst embrassement is when you are treated in the house you paid for as stranger. Simply because something went wrong for just few time.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Slynation(m): 12:01am On Jan 13, 2022
bayo2018:

lmao you can say that again sir
I love helping people a lot both young and old
Even in sch person go just bring problem and before you know it I don do transfer fiam cheesy
it was when I fall back to Grass from Grace I realized that
ALL MAN FOR HIMSELF
GOD FOR ALL

Hopefully I will mention you once I open a thread and let you see the dynamics of life we live in.
I love helping people nowadays freely from my heart (only to few peeps sha ) and not when you come to me for help.
If you inbox me for help I’ll just laugh at your problem and tell you God will see it through even though.
Even though you’re coughing blood now trust me I’ll look you and pass

Selah
Mention me as well when you do....
I have very ugly experiences rendering help to people, They usually don't pay back...!!

My only prayer na make the money no finish...

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Slynation(m): 12:04am On Jan 13, 2022
amdman:

Have you gotten the money?
God will bless you abundantly...!!
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by stevups(m): 12:04am On Jan 13, 2022
I must not comment on this because it might schatter my home. I received the deadliest embarrassment of my life last year December. I almost committed suicide for owning #20k

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by jamesversion: 12:16am On Jan 13, 2022
isaiah4life:

UPDATE

Where exactly in Nigeria do we find people like you.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by superintendents(m): 12:21am On Jan 13, 2022
stevups:
I must not comment on this because it might schatter my home. I received the deadliest embarrassment of my life last year December. I almost committed suicide for owning #20k
is faceless forum so you are free to,I hav something to say too..
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Gkemz: 12:22am On Jan 13, 2022
My ex asking me to pretend to be her brother in the presence of her rich bf. I had to play along calmly because person wey no get money no dey shout... If that was possible, I would have asked the ground to swallow me.

That amongst other factors culminated to our breakup. Thank God she's no longer part of my life now that condition has improved tremendously.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by superintendents(m): 12:24am On Jan 13, 2022
Rapistonbail come and share yours pls.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Ibbi039(m): 12:26am On Jan 13, 2022
LettyLayo:
I'll be giving 2k to 20 people and teach 50 people crypto for free send a mail to judith.b.ukeyima@gmail.com

Good day Sir, I just sent a mail, I am interested in learning the crypo stuff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

New Wife Wants Husband's Late Wife Pictures Removed From The Wall / Lets Celebrate Our Nairaland Children ( post Your Pictures) :) / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.