Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money (37707 Views)

Will I Regret Not Having Children / Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by ezewealth(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
I came to my friend matriculation, and his older sister came and ask me to join hand and serve d guests. I was so embarrassed

6 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by prciouschika(f): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Please my fellow nairalanders help a sister out here with a job. Thanks
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by calmness0(f): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
babavik:

Drop your digit I will send you a comprehensive and easy to understand pdf on it

Pls I am also interested in learning crpto, I sent u a pm
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Ovie0816(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
My rent is long overdue on the verge of being kicked into the street �
Sad times.

Im in need of assistance from a kind soul out there.
Zenith 2403731079

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by DenreleDave(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2022
BKsoul2:
Thank you so much....

Bk love.. Make í marry you na

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by DenreleDave(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ovie0816:
My rent is long overdue on the verge of being kicked into the street �
Sad times.

Im in need of assistance from a kind soul out there.
Zenith 2403731079

U r a scammer if u can't post with ur real account... I will advise anyone not to send u money unless u provide ur real moniker.

Useless scammer... Account created few minutes ago.....

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Rilwayne001: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
geechy:
Use geechy,

Asz for me, I dey respet maisef. I no dey put hand where e no reach. I no dey do longa throat. I no dey find wetin wey no dey find me.
And oluwa dey help me avoid circumstance that I can't cope with...

Praise the Lord!!

You just captured my situation.

I no Dey like even the tiniest insult or embarrassment, and I dey avoid am like plague.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Ovie0816(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
What are you talking about Mr
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
zed7:
Most people deserve the embarrassment they get, especially the borrowers. If you make the mistake of borrowing a Nigerian money, you're in trouble.

Most times you need to embarrass them before you'll get your money. Some will even tell you to calm down for small change, after all federal government sef dey owe.

If people were genuinely honest, nobody will embarrass them. Nobody is more humble than a man looking to borrow money. Same person becomes a beast after collecting the money.

Sokoloan Agent calm down, life no be war

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Emario48(m): 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
babavik:

Drop your digit I will send you a comprehensive and easy to understand pdf on it

I am also interested
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by mceze(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
BKsoul2:
where in Lagos do you stay?

You're one in a million.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Allisgud: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
VTJN:
How a course mate keeps reminding me how miserable i was back then in school. Living like an orphan, a puppet, who practically live from hand to mouth

He constantly reminds me how difficult it'd be getting a job in this present state of the nation. Not even me, a son of nobody. He always reminds me of my worries

I'd shed tears at my closet, wet my pillow and slept off. I keep asking God for his mercy upon my life. His narcissistic behaviour and utterances had made me developed hatred for my family

This had always been the embarrassing moment i got from this particular guy.
that's a bully,u self u no fit use blow scatter him mouth��

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Ovie0816(m): 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
You have no right to say such of my character, If u don't know me or my situation.
Kindly hold ur peace
DenreleDave:

U r a scammer if u can't post with ur real account... I will advise anyone not to send u money unless u provide ur real moniker.

Useless scammer... Account created few minutes ago.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by gbemishile: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
Mtcheeew.
To borrow money from ur in-law,especially a woman is 'see finish' now.
At least if u wan do am,u go know how take whine ur wife make she be the one to borrow from her sister.that way,she no go fit to insult her.
There is no harm I borrowing,just borrow with sense ni

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Marxist001(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
Even right now I just received one heavy embarrassment from my friend. He is my coursemate in the university but landed a good job after school. I currently have no job, so I squat with him, doing the house chores, cooking and washing his clothes, despite being far older than him. I feel so miserable at times. I have reached out to my good nairalanders In my previous post, but no one is willing to help me with a job. I am hoping and praying things will turn around for good. I feel so ashamed of myself sometimes, but I know the fight is not really against him but to poverty. Poverty is a curse, every minute that passes by I feel like I'm loosing my sense of identity. I pray I don't die before good comes my way. If sucide was an option I would have long been gone. But when I think about my family and all they have sacrificed for me I wave the thoughts away.

P. S
I am a graduate of Sociology, B. Sc, with four years working experience in the labour market. I will be utmost grateful if help can come my way. 09151775400.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by mceze(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
oke2018:
May God give us the money that will silent our mockers in Jesus name

AMEN!

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Tobam7302: 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
Please help, I am a student,I borrowed money from a loan app, and I have been been given a deadline of today unless I will pay double. I have tried every means to get it but... The loan is just #4000. Pls any help is appreciated u can Whatsapp me on 08065935947 even if na borrow
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Moye04(m): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

As he was there trying to be emotional, I left.

Once again, thank you amdman for coming to my aid.

Remember, THE FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST HUMANS, BUT POVERTY.
So sorry about that boss. I know how it feels and i love how you were able to handle the issue with the pharmacist afterwards even with the way he treated you. That's powerful! The fight is not against humans, but poverty! That's the spirit! I caught that one!

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Moye04(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
Tokskob2008:
What more can be termed embarrassing than when family members don't even care if you alive or dead all because money no dey but let situation change now you will start hearing 'I'm your father's brother mother " or some other ridiculous stuffs... Honestly money someone without money in this life is a walking dead.
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by ezewealth(m): 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
BKsoul2:
i just sent it now......
You have a good soul, God bless you.
But u have to be careful, so ppl will not abuse ur kindness

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Jesse4mu(m): 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2022
My laptop was having keyboard issues last year and it was affecting my work badly. You know how difficult on screen keyboard is, I had bout 6k so I went to fix it, on getting there, I discovered the amount for fixing it was 8k and I was really broke. So I called a friend to help me with 2k that I will pay at the end of the week, man said ok and then stopped replying my messages or pick my calls. I had to leave the PC with the repairman for about 3 days until I got the money. To even make it more embarrassing, this "friend" posted on his status that he works hard for his money and he hates beggars. Made up my mind never to borrow money from friends or family again

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
elonmuxk:
hmmm mine was last week, mom is owing 3 people money from weekly savings in her pepper grinders association due to a neighbor she decided to help, the neighbor parked out of the area without notice after collecting first 2 numbers of 200k making 400k in total. leaving my mom to the debt.

The people expecting their money won't hear explanation and last week one came with police to arrest my mom, it was really embarrassing the insults I got from the lady and policemen that I can't help as first born and was helpless watching mom go with them.

Now we have 2 weeks deadline and Police issues too, we put up our house for sale to pay up and relocate after the whole police disgrace, I also posted here on nairaland but nobody is forthcoming for the purchase, or even to use the house as collateral for a loan, it's a total embarrassment because my family have always been a quiet peaceful one without dramas in the area.

Now I can't go out only very late at night
bro God dey, but how about reaching out to the neighbor that packed out
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Igboboy59(m): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2022
babavik:

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Moye04(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
LettyLayo:
I'll be giving 2k to 20 people and teach 50 people crypto for free send a mail to judith.b.ukeyima@gmail.com
Please can the extended help reach me also?. I'll be so grateful, thank you. I've sent you a mail.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Remman(m): 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
I became broke and poor to the extend that my pastor prophesied that i'll be very rich in six months. But a year passed and nothing happened and he began to humiliate me in his preaching. Just the same week, a natural disaster (flood) pulled down my fence and my immediate neighbor came to humiliate me that it was my poverty that fell the fence (unfortunately, the flood fell my fence and destroyed things in their tenants' houses. And they knew my poor state couldn't afford anything or build back the fence at the time). They shouted on me before the whole community and their tenants. I was really belittled and felt greatly embarrassed as i could not utter a single word. But after the very ugly incidence I couldn't stay there any longer. I quickly relocated to save my face of the shame. Though i never buy car, i'll drive my own car the next time i go there.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by 22o62021: 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
On the ist of Jan 2022

A female friend called to ask if I will be at home all day or if I will go out

I told her that I was already preparing to go out to chill

She insist I stay back because she will be coming to my place. Due to the fact that we have been friends for years and I don’t want her to feel back that I left home while she said she was coming. I stayed back

She came to my place, after 1 hour , she just answered a call and told me that she is going out to watch movies in the cinema that her male friend is parked in front of my house, she said I should not be annoyed and left.

I looked at myself and was ashamed but I can afford a movie ticket for 10 people but I can’t afford a car yet. I was embarrassed and looked down on.

She came back to apologize after 2 days but I have already told her that never in this life will she near me again.

Man and woman no de do friends

Na see finish bring the insult

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by tollyboy5(m): 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Unfortunately, many Naija guys do this nonsense!

I can bet you that that girl you saw him with is not his babe! Simps everywhere angry
Don't judge that way. The begger might be a super simp who knows? Abi how woman take carry all ur belongings in the name of girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by BamakSNR(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
There is a principle I use to maintain my honour and integrity. If I promise to give you on Thursday and I see on Tuesday that I can't make it on Thursday, responsibility will tell me to call him or her and plead to change the Date and give reasons atlest 12hours before the day I promised.
The person will even be impress that you've him or her in mind.
People don't want you to take them for granted

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lamanii22:
The worst embarrassment I received was from my MIL... she's kind and all but you know people have their own limit... She was like I should get a job quick ooo so I will not be depending on grandma grandma all the time, since then I stopped eating her food and stopped collecting this gs, i don't like when you're helping someone and then rubbing it on their faces, I would rather you don't help me.... I believe all the good things I have lost would be restored in jesus'name, I will have money again...
Amen, and you and I will enjoy the money

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Munzy14(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
God will bless us all ooo. Just last week i owe colleague at work just 2k, and today he had a misunderstanding with our boss over work issue, and they told him to leave work if he can`t comply to instructions given him. With the vexation he came over to where i was lying down & shout on me to give him his 2k now that he`s leaving. I feel ashamed that i dont knw what to do, all eyes were just on me like say nah 2million i owe that Bleep. I thank GOD, GOD no dey shame his people.
Picturing the scenario in my mind.. grin grin Transferred aggression..
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
22o62021:
On the ist of Jan 2022

A female friend called to ask if I will be at home all day or if I will go out

I told her that I was already preparing to go out to chill

She insist I stay back because she will be coming to my place. Due to the fact that we have been friends for years and I don’t want her to feel back that I left home while she said she was coming. I stayed back

She came to my place, after 1 hour , she just answered a call and told me that she is going out to watch movies in the cinema that her male friend is parked in front of my house, she said I should not be annoyed and left.

I looked at myself and was ashamed but I can afford a movie ticket for 10 people but I can’t afford a car yet. I was embarrassed and looked down on.

She came back to apologize after 2 days but I have already told her that never in this life will she near me again.

Man and woman no de do friends

Na see finish bring the insult
Chai! Bro free d babe, but accept her apology don't keep grudges
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Munzy14(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Plus10:

True talk my brother.To them you are less of a human without money!
Which is true na undecided

I think we all should begin to tell oneself the truth, then you can stay motivated with clean peace of mind.

If you can't foot your bills, and extend helping hands to people, you shouldn't sleep on it.

If you no get your own house.

You no get mobility.
No investment.
No family.

No stable income, sharp 10pm you don go sleep, abeg you go tell us wetin dey give you morale.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Wife Wants Husband's Late Wife Pictures Removed From The Wall / Lets Celebrate Our Nairaland Children ( post Your Pictures) :) / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.