Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money (37786 Views)

Will I Regret Not Having Children / Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Lifewasgood: 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ex-girlfriend took me to ospac becos of 9,500. I even show this girl my account say na FM she nor still gree. At the end gave her my 26' OX fan till I could pay her. Ll

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Goldbw122(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
chukwuma0000:
Mine was a very painful experience that almost made me kill myself because I was owing someone just 4k and the guy has always been a bone on my neck.

He calls me every day, threatening me with texts.

One day he caught me, raining insults on me.

You are a graduate and you are still a child when it comes to money.

Omo, my heart bleeds.

I was seating on my bed for a complete one week not knowing what to do to make money.

I tried joining yahoo boys but, I looked at myself from head to the toe.

I told myself "you are a great future even without yahoo, follow the process".

I moved on with my life hoping that things will get better soon.

Yeah of course, the future will be bright for sure.. just find way to hustle hard legitimately and it will pay out.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Samuelriano1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
dododawa1:
moving with a friend, smoking egbo/weed.

I don't move with her.shes was a course mate, and just a normal Female friend.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by dododawa1: 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
If you no get money,hide your eye BUT I face any side of life, MONEY or NO MONEY.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by dododawa1: 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Samuelriano1:

I don't move with her.shes was a course mate, and just a normal Female friend.
ok.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Samuelriano1(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Goldbw122:

That girl need serious deliverance..

she really pissed me off, n I felt irritated. one thing with me is that once I trust u, n u Bleep up, I can never trust you.i will still be your friend,talk gist n laugh, but can never trust u
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by 9jajoseph: 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Haven't really been embarrassed because of money because I haven't borrowed or begged for it before, God got my back on that. Also thanks to my mum, she's indeed wonderful

But I embarrassed someone recently.

He collected a property(Sofa, table, washing machine and 55 inches TV) worth 245k since September last year. He didn't deposit 5 naira. He said he wasn't buoyant that moment, he is a school owner, so he said its till school resume he can collect school fees and pay up. So he begged us to give him till September ending to pay up if he could raise the money. As understanding guy. I gave him October ending to pay all the money, He was grateful, He signed a kind of agreement. The owner of those property later traveled and instructed me to collect all the money. The guy was giving me childish excuse right from Sept 21th he asked me to start asking him for the money. Anytime I come for my money. He turned the story around telling me the various problems he was passing through. Every day, he will tell me to come a specific date and end up disappointing me that day.

I have seen other buyers for the sofa and the washing machine but he refused to release them claiming his mum might die if I take those property. Na wa oo, since wey you no get those properties your mama no die. Na now wey I won come collect am, your mama won come die on top my property.

To cut the long story short December 13th I told him those properties wouldn't follow him into the new year. He thought I was joking because I looked small and soft he promised to pay before Xmas. But as usual he has story to tell. 29th of December I arranged aboki, carry the aboki go him house dragged the sofas. It torn his house carpets but I no care. He begged and begged I no gree. I carry center table and TV, went home. Came back, but the sofa was too heavy for me. I took his laptop and went home. The violent I used, plus the shouting, I didn't know I was capable of those things

18 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nonexisting:
When the daughter of Jezebel I called girlfriend absconded with everything I had, I nearly begged for food in Abuja. I remember walking into a joint, saw my area nigga and begged him to pay for half plate for me, not even beer. Nigga's exact word "Do I look like father Christmas to you?" I left there with face full of shame and later saw him in the evening buying suya with his babe. That was the day I swore never to beg in this life again.
guy why did you loose guard... Yu are so carried away by your girlfriend, never do that mistake, someone that is not your wife.....be neutral in relationship...no let pufzy distract you, I love pfzy too..but nah wisdom...e get why.... even if she ask you Money,if you don't have, never worried about it, if she like me she vex ..toto plenty yapa .....so I am pained she absconded, if nah me nah my village gods I go use track her .....but karma will hunt her... begging is not good, but I have done it before and it not easy, come see embarrassment but I still ignore it....may God bless our hustle...those stupid hoe are not human being......more blessing bro ...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Ten06(m): 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
It was in the bank when I went to apply for a new ATM card.
The cashier was just sidelining me anyhow. I was surprised when I started see people that came in my presence being attended to.

At first I began to wonder if I dressed like a tout, but I was wearing a pair of jeans and a mature polo shirt, I just decided to advice myself not to lose my temper but to watch what will be the outcome.

Not too long the bank manager came out of his office and saw me and greeted me and we started discussing some personal issues, immediately madam saw me discussing with the branch manager she picked up my form and open her system and saw my details. She immediately came to me and said it is my turn and start displaying wayo respect to me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by DanseMacabre(m): 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
BKsoul2:
ok.....Now i understand..... God bless your family...

Wow. You have a heart of gold ma'am. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by toujurs: 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
I don't think there is any man that hasn't been embarrassed before, walaihi its not easy to be a man. Always ask God for wisdom. So you can help those who would help you in return, and not ingrates. This country is hard, You need to be focused as a man, because without money, You will suffer tyre, but with money you will see alot especially women respect you beyond what you expect

8 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Spherical77(m): 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
My land lady insult me blue black because her son sell something for me on credit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Purpleflower: 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
My own story long oo

I remember how my then-boyfriend always insult me that I don't dress well - I was literally saving every money that comes my way for my higher education. He never gave me money to buy clothes oo.

While I was in school, I was mocked by one of my coursemates for carrying one bag from year 2 to 4L, omo I will never forget that insult.

See ehh, poverty is a bastard.

Please, if you are not financially buoyant (whether male or female) please steer clear from marriage for now.

Nobody should deceive you into marriage while you are still poor. I'm saying this from the experience I had with my family.

I started fairing for myself at 12 years (God gave me the gift of hairdressing). You can imagine.

When you don't plan your finances before marriage, you cause your children to suffer and this is what brings a vicious cycle of poverty.

And in all, be prayerful. Wicked people wet no want make you succeed plenty for Nigeria.

It is well sha. God will see us through!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Promise47(m): 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nigerians and there bad character because of money please my follow Brothers and sisters follow citizens please stop borrowing or taking loan please it only bring shame and disgrace please thank you God will see us through amen

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by KiNg0G: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ten06:
It was in the bank when I went to apply for a new ATM card.
The cashier was just sidelining me anyhow. I was surprised when I started see people that came in my presence being attended to.

At first I began to wonder if I dressed like a tout, but I was wearing a pair of jeans and a mature polo shirt, I just decided to advice myself not to lost my temper but to watch what will be the outcome.

Not too long the bank manager came out of his office and saw me and greeted me and we started discussing some personal issues, immediately madam just picked my form and open her system and saw my details. She immediately came to me and said it is my turn and start displaying wayo respect to me
she saw your phone numbers?

as in 11 zero?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by KiNg0G: 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Spherical77:
My land lady insult me blue black because her son sell something for me on credit
no wonder your frustrated trolling people left and right.
don't worry it be better.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by 2DADDEY: 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
I've never been embarrassed of debt. But if you borrow from people try to pay on time as agreed sad
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I don't just like borrowing......Of recent,I was really broke,like so broke.....Not that I don't have friends who'd easily borrow me the amount of money I needed to sort things out,but personally,I refused to borrow.....In stead,I went back to the former bakery where I used to hustle, removed shame and worked there for a week just to raise the money I needed. cool ............No be say I don't usually pay back,I do.....But what's the need to borrow money when I've got an alternative on how to raise the money? That was what I said to myself...

Instead of many talks wey go lead to embarrassment,make I kukuma go to work undecided
where's the bakery located?
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by babavik: 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2022
Samuelriano1:

I can relate to this. I remember last year November, a female friend messaged me n was asking for a certain amount of money, I told her, I don't have , it's only my clearance money that is with me, she sharperly said borrow me, I will give you the next day, it's an emergency that's y, I just said ok, and I did the transfer.1hr later, she said she didn't see the alert, I showed her proof, she said I should send it again, that if it enters twice, she will give me d total money, Omo na God save me o, I no gree, since that novem till today Jan 12, I never see my money. this same person do buy weed worth 8k in my presence, and keeps telling me to chill.j just overlooked it, n vowed not to ask again. Nigerians are not truthful when it comes to borrowing.
So Samuel since that day you transferred the money to her till today January 12 you have been chilling?
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by RQuaresma: 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
cry[quote author=isaiah4life post=108566598]Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

Wow

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Birkin: 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
tosyne2much:
Send me a PM let me introduce you to something you may thank me for
Can I pm you too? Would like to benefit from it too
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by ElPayaso(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
I remembered when I borrowed 3 different people my school fees then and they promised to pay back within a month... Brothers and sisters, one month turn 8 months o...I almost dropped out.... I xha struggle pay half for 1st semester
The embarrassment part
Most of my guys don pay and 3 of my Padis word me one night... Omo i no fit cry... Me wey no like begging, I had to come to nairaland to come and beg. ...

Well I still dey find 40k... Make person help me so I no go drop out this semester... I go do any verification

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Snitch24(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
Plus10:
A friend just called me of how he was embarrassed by his Sister inlaw because of the money she borrowed him sometime ago.

According to him, his Sister-inlaw came to his house last week Wednesday to ask for the money. But unfortunately he did not have the money to give to her but he however promised her on Wednesday this week.

He made the promise hoping that the company where he works was going to pay him yesterday Wednesday. But unfortunately, the company later prosponed it to tomorrow Friday.

Now according to him, the Sister inlaw came to his house today to ask of the cash. When he was trying to explain to her that the company has shifted payment till tomorrow Friday, the Sister-inlaw starting yelling at him with a very loud voice even neighbours around were hearing her yelling. She called him stupid and foolish even in the presence of his wife. Now my friend is highly diverstated, he said he does not even know how his neighbours will start seeing him with the kind disgrace meted on him by his Sister in law.

Now has lack of money caused you any form of embarrassment in life before? If yes, how did you manage to hold back? Your comments are highly welcome!

Very very stupid idea borrowing money from your in-laws no matter how close You're
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by SouthLegends: 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
Interested too baba

babavik:

Drop your digit I will send you a comprehensive and easy to understand pdf on it
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Clinghton: 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2022
Life is harsh, economy is hard people would be provoked if you don't pay when you promise to, I pray I don't fall into such situation.

6 Likes

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by QVicky10(f): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2022
tosyne2much:
Send me a PM let me introduce you to something you may thank me for
Good evening. Please could I send you a PM as well.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by deen84(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lazy and a thief
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by dialfa: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
isaiah4life:
Two days back, my little brother was diagnosed with malaria. It was indeed severe and I was cash strapped. I told the pharmacist to treat him while I hustle the money for him.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay for his treatments as promised. Today, the dude just disgraced me in our area. Shouting on top of his voice that he didn't leave his village to serve me here and raining curses like a hurricane.

I was speechless. You know, the borrower is a slave to the lender. I begged him to give me till 30 December 2021 to see how I can raise the 10k. Someone sent me 1k I gave him to hold. If you see the way the dude threw the money at me and insulted my dead father eeh. I was just silent and I bowed out.

I can't even pass my area now because all eyes will be on me. Last last, I know I will make this money.

When I eventually have the money to pay him before the deadline, I will walk up to him, thank him for extending his grace period and leave.

The war is not against him but poverty.

UPDATE

I paid the pharmacist on the 22nd of December, 2021.

Days ago, I typed the above ordeal to just share my personal experience expecting nothing. I just typed to give a new narrative to how I handled my menace.

It wasn't long before, a good Samaritan (amdman ) reach out to me and credited my account with the exact amount needed to offset my brother's bill. I went to the pharmacist's shop and gave him his money. I thanked him for extending his grace period, appreciated him with an additional 2k to make it 12k for his kind gesture and I apologised for causing him distress.

He was perplexed and thanked me. I said, thank those that helped me out with the money.

He wanted to apologise for insulting my late father, but before he could finish his sentence, I obstructed him and told him not to. I told him I understand his rage and I promised never to cause him or anybody mayhem again.

As he was there trying to be emotional, I left.

Once again, thank you amdman for coming to my aid.

Remember, THE FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST HUMANS, BUT POVERTY.
Mumu talk.
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Bostin(m): 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
My woman left with my only daughter and still dragged me to social welfare for child support knowing well I did not have money ... She even shouted shut up on me in public at welfare while I was answering questions ...God please I beg you give me second chance of breakthrough this year .

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by Damvee(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
See how good finds good people ba..
This is an amazing read for me.

I hope you do same for someone when you get the chance.

This World is a small place,
I'm sure greater outpouring is coming on you to extend such kind gesture.

Well-done #amdman
You have an amazing heart.
Keep it spreading..twale��

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by calmness0(f): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
LettyLayo:
I'll be giving 2k to 20 people and teach 50 people crypto for free send a mail to judith.b.ukeyima@gmail.com

Just sent u an email
Re: The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money by franksam2009: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
BKsoul2:
Thank you so much.... please can i send you airtime? if yes, what network and phone number?
can I marry you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! / I Slept On A Snake On My Bed / Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.