Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,478 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? (44586 Views)

Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person / Guy Gets Engaged And He Discovered This!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by studentwriter(m): 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
Phoenixk:
Got Engaged to someone who had asked me out years ago ,I wasn't interested but I felt he had been persistent enough ....

Next thing he said as a good Christian he will wait till after the wedding to consummate

It sounded great till someone hinted he may be hiding a health problem

She was right! D was tiny finger small & man cums in 10seconds

He also wanted me to forge some important docs ,I realised our values are very different.... Returned his ring & took a walk
lol so are you now married?
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by phenase(m): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
grin grin

YES, I bought an engagement ring and gave her, and she got home, her elder sister took it and throws it away. That's was the end of engagement.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Magnoliaa(f): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ishilove:
So you are a serial engagee? grin

grin Afi serial engagee na.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by worthybet(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
daxon001:

so what then is OKafor's Law undecided
According to the Nigerian movie, once you had a thing with your ex, and whenever you meet again in future. There is still a probability that you people can still do it again.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Kirkman: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Almost..
I thought I can handle a feminist...
grin Na better trailer you jam.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by mkoabiola: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
Comments readers association
Lag branch

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
broken engagement is better than a broken marriage
consoling words 101.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Helper1991(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
I got her engaged 2019 after my NYSC, she was in her final year. I met her on facebook, she was a nice girl. Though, as a born again brother I am, she thought I will be bleeping her but to her surprise I didn't do that. Instead I helped her to control herself and drew her closer to God. I engaged her three months into the relationship. She was nice but very aggression. After a year and six months, I discovered that she couldn't be my wife due to the consistent revelations I had at night. I couldn't quit instead, I did 14days fasting asking God to intervent. God did and we separated peacefully. We are still friends til date.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
The hoes were not loyal

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Mrsserene: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
nerdfrost:
undecided I've never really fancied marriage so the question is not for me......meanwhile check my signature
Have you ever thought about yourself in 40 years? Being old and lonely is not fun at all

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by ezegenigbonine: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Guyman02:
Yes, we dated for 4 years as students, proposed to her after my NYSC when I secured a job, met her family, discussed my intention and they felt we are not on the same level (full of themselves), later they even claimed that they went to investigate my family in our village and they were told that mental illness runs in our lineage.
They convinced her to abandon our marriage plans which she did instead of fighting for us, I asked her to refund part of the bulk money I gave to her for the marriage preparation which she later did because I wanted a proper closure to the relationship, felt really humiliated, locked myself inside and cried, washed my face and told myself it was time to move on.

Deleted her contact from my phone, never scooped around her social media handles, put aside all our pictures together under a locker and didn't worry myself about her anymore.

Started another relationship with a lady I was close to as friends who was very passionate about me but I didn't look at her because I was faithful to my ex.

Suddenly from the blues, my ex elder sister called me after some months that she has been erratic, cursing everyone for making her to abandon the love of her life and that the family has agreed to our plans for marriage.

Later she called me asking for forgiveness and that it was an Uncle of mine who told her family that mental illness runs in our family because he felt I was marrying into a prominent family and to a girl who works in a big establishment while his own children are scattered.

I simply told her I have moved on and wasn't gonna look back and had already started marriage plans with the lady I mentioned earlier and I even invited her to the superlative wedding we were planning in an exquisite location then.
I used the opportunity to tell her that I am wiser now as I go for only ladies who stand by their men because I am afraid if I show any signs of madness (as my uncle told her family) instead of taking me to a psychiatrist hospital, she will rather take me to a market square so that the madness will become permanent.

Today we are both married to different people and talk freely on general topics anytime she calls me, but I totally avoid making any reference to our 4 years failed relationship to avoid Okafors Law.

Na man u be

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by GoldenSpec: 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Davido enter the group chat grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2021
DonAlexi:
All the comments have been reading na women Dey serve the breakfast women whyyyyyyyyy....
They are cold like assassins.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BigBashiru: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I have. Plenty of times.

Reasons:
- Money
- Attitude
- Ideological differences
- Religious beliefs
- Sexual Incompatibility

u mention money...hope u didn't feel entitled to the guys moni... better go and make ur own because the marriage contract has been rewritten....

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by ezegenigbonine: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
BlaqJosh:
I almost got engaged around last year July -

my babe back then - I went to see a friend as I came back babe served me beta food that evening after eating na I go dey watch TV babe just came unexpectedly begin dey profess her undying love she had for me with ring no be small thing she even knelt down to me telling me sweet things a guy surpose dey tell his babe,

Damn!! I almost fall for her proposal but local man don't want to enter marriage at the moment, she's a jealous lover she fit kii person, herself or me if she suspect I dey cheat and no be her surpose propose. Well it's over now

Please go and watch cartoon. This trend is not for you.
Children everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
Mrsserene:

Have you ever thought about yourself in 40 years? Being old and lonely is not fun at all
Have you ever thought about nerdfrost traveling all over the world, making money, having quality friends, investing and fvcking and dumping beautiful models like tissue papers.

I don't plan on marrying. My mom still thinks that I'm kidding about the firm decision. she don tire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Okeedu(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
Here to read comments as I hope to get a gf next year for a start.

For all of ur freelancing problems,and gigs optimisation, I got u covered with some guarante, check out my signature if interested
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by ezegenigbonine: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Phoenixk:
Got Engaged to someone who had asked me out years ago ,I wasn't interested but I felt he had been persistent enough ....

Next thing he said as a good Christian he will wait till after the wedding to consummate

He also wanted me to forge some important docs ,I realised our values are very different.... Returned his ring & took a walk

My sister, if only he met you a virgin and was the one that deflower you, his small joystick would have matched your virgina.

God made it in a way that if you open a hole with 2 inches nail, the hole will always match 2 inches nail.
But to you women, a 6 inches nail will open your hole and you will be complaining that 2 inches nail is too small for the hole.

However it piss me off when a woman will be disvirgined by a big prick and she will be putting blame on an innocent man with small prick.

Try and allow your husband to disvirgin u and see if you will ever complain even if the man has the smallest penis in the world.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by AfroKnight: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I have. Plenty of times.

Reasons:
- Money
- Attitude
- Ideological differences
- Religious beliefs
- Sexual Incompatibility

Oh, Sexual incompatibility. grin Talk to me Maggie. Explain. grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
Phoenixk:

You don't really loved him initially, I hope you are not still waiting for the right man to come

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BlaqJosh: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

Please go and watch cartoon. This trend is not for you. Children everywhere
Ok
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by BlaqJosh: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

Please go and watch cartoon. This trend is not for you. Children everywhere
Ok
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Legalese(m): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
Married to yourselves or different partners?
If to yourselves, how did you guys go around the genotype wahala?
aviationguy:
We dated for like 5 years, everything was going very good until 3 weeks to our wedding when all plans are in top gears we discovered we are both As the pains is unbearable but we have to shut down all the plans because of the future pains.

I decided I have to stop the wedding although my woman believe miracle can happen but I told her is better we don't know than claim ignorance due to our selfish love...the future is bright.

But Glory be to God Almighty we are both happily married with wonderful children.
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by AfroKnight: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Almost..
I thought I can handle a feminist...

cheesy I’m glad you escaped. Naija feminists are not supposed to be in relationships. Very dangerous creatures

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by ConqueredWest: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
T
Helper1991:
I got her engaged 2019 after my NYSC, she was in her final year. I met her on facebook, she was a nice girl. Though, as a born again brother I am, she thought I will be bleeping her but to her surprise I didn't do that. Instead I helped her to control herself and drew her closer to God. I engaged her three months into the relationship. She was nice but very aggression. After a year and six months, I discovered that she couldn't be my wife due to the consistent revelations I had at night. I couldn't quit instead, I did 14days fasting asking God to intervent. God did and we separated peacefully. We are still friends til date.

Give details concerning the revelation you got
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2021
Milan79:
Every relationship must not end in marriage
then date with purpose,if not make it know to the other party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2021
ConqueredWest:
T

Give details concerning the revelation you got
abi make others learn
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by bobkezel(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
She stopped picking my calls because I didn't buy her a phone when she requested to replace her stolen phone.
She said I must buy her a phone before she picks my call...
I was like wow! Is this the person I am about to marry? Thanks goodness
I erased her off my mind, upgraded the side chick to main chick....
3 weeks later she notice say water don pass garri....
Come see begging and pleading....
Her sisters were calling too...
But then, I saw her as my spit, I can't take it back....
She used every trick to win me back but man's far gone....
Out of desperation she got married to an old man, old enough to be her father....
The man looks like he's going to die any time soon.... May be he has money...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by larryking540: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
aviationguy:
We dated for like 5 years, everything was going very good until 3 weeks to our wedding when all plans are in top gears we discovered we are both As the pains is unbearable but we have to shut down all the plans because of the future pains.

I decided I have to stop the wedding although my woman believe miracle can happen but I told her is better we don't know than claim ignorance due to our selfish love...the future is bright.

But Glory be to God Almighty we are both happily married with wonderful children.
how come you dated without knowing each other's genotype,bro , when a serious relationship is about to take place just ask the other party her genotype many will run away immediately ,that's how u separate the sheep from the black goat in relationship ,a guy or a lady who is more interested in the relationship will get the genotype done immediately

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by ConqueredWest: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
larryking540:

abi make others learn

Yes
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by JBoss25(m): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Relationship talk for fp again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

10 Things Ladies Put The Blame On When They Have Lost Their Virginity / Man Lifts His Fiancee In Matching Chelsea Pre-Wedding Photos Outfits / What Lessons Have You Learnt From Your Previous Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.