Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! (16013 Views)

Inter-tribal Dating Good Or Bad?? / Fulani Chief Calls For Inter-tribal Marriages Among NYSC Members / Wow,such A Cute Yoruba And Igbo Inter-tribal Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2011
How on earth can a group of 40 million people be a tribe?

Wtf is a tribe, then?
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

LMAO@wikipedia being the source of accuracy.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Its actually a 50/50 situation. The fact that its  open source doesn't necessarily mean all info gotten there are wrong.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

[size=22pt]Tribe.[/size]  You need to get your balls off the ground because you getting too emotional. It is not that SERIOUS boo boo.  

I thought as much but to the emotional ones, German is an ethnicity.   lipsrsealed

true. this German ethnicity thing is only for the emotional ones just to console them that they are a separate ethnic group. But the fact of d matter is they have no ethnicity. all that binds them together is their language. ==
phreakabit:

I think you mean Anglo not Angel

actually i meant the Angles. Its a Germanic tribe, now extinct.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

Its actually a 50/50 situation. The fact that its  open source doesn't necessarily mean all info gotten there are wrong.
phreakabit:

If the source works for YOU then good. It is not a credible source TO ME.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

How on earth can a group of 40 million people be a tribe?

Wtf is a tribe, then?

a tribe is a (usually small) group of people that are ethnically and by blood, culture, traditions and habits, different from other people. its lyk saying, an african elephant and an Indian elephant. both have distinct features, e.g. different ear size, colour, etc. and both normally dont mate cuz its not exactly in lines with the laws of nature.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2011
Atleast everybody knows u ve just replied a post prior to your intelligent quotient which has been determined by your brain. Very sure that u ll be kidnapped if you there step your village

Bros abeg stick to pidgin brokin your English is appallingly pitiful! Chai!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2011
deadie:

Why should I be in denial? I just want to educate people who are rejoicing that Igbo girls are in love with them. They probably are, in the absence of an Igbo man. But once an Igbo man of equal, or a little less status than the current sucker comes along, she is gonna leave your a$$. Igbos don't like marrying outside Igboland and only will as a last resort. Ask any Igbo girl to be frank with you on the issue.

Igbo girls are no different than other group of girls who wants to marry or date a man with money. It has nothing to do with their PLEASE LET ME SAY Ethnicity or Tribe. There are some that will date a broke man regardless. lipsrsealed
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

People of lower intellectual proficiency such as yourself, aren't quite worthy of a response from me , but I will make an exception. Your statement easily gives you away as being a "typical" educationally half baked , zygote brained , ego bruised, not so confident individual (who i guess, would have mouth and body odor as most of "your kinds" do) seeking some sort of relevance on the internet. You should be bothered about your cyber cafe browsing ticket elapsing rather than being an e-agbero, even if its in your nature. Anyways b4 you go, I have one question a rhetorical one. Where has ACN really cleaned up ?

mumu. you'll make an exception. you don't even know when it is appropriate to put words in quote but you will do it because you've seen people do it. monkey see, monkey do. cheesy grin you assumed i use cyber cafes because you don't know any better. after all, that's where you and your kinsmen spend your days sending scam e-mails to people around the world shocked shocked. bush man.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
guyz, im personally a Maguzawa-Hausa, but after seeing all these posts, ive seen that its become more of a Yoruba-women bashing thread. Im from a different tribe, yet it deeply saddens me that ppl r making fun of other ppl and also d fact that not one Yoruba man has come to defend the Yoruba women. Instead everyone gos on ranting about the qualities of the Igbo women, ehich is alright, yet not right when it comes to comparing them with the Yoruba women. this Inter-tribal thing was a bad idea from the very starts. men and woman must stick to, help, protect and enhance the image of their tribe rather than praising the qualities & running off with sum other fella from another tribe.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
Tribe keeps on popping up on this thread. Just so you all know the word TRIBE is usually used in reference to a group of monkeys. Why do you think the Caucasians never call their ethnic group tribes   wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

omg r u seriously that dim-witted. therm ""German ethnic group"" arose around the 19th centure, hardly a few 100 yrs bak. but if you go into DNA and blood ethnicity, the Germans are a mixed people comprised of different Germanic tribes (tribes living in d german area) lyk d Franks, Saxons, Visigoths, etc,

today, you wont find people in Germany with a tribe/ethnicity, cuz they r all mixed.

This concept of German ethnicity predates the 19th century. I guess we could trace it to at least the time of the Holy Roman Empire. Certainly by the time of Catherine the Great (the ethnic German empress of Russia), they were considered an ethnic group rather than a collection or mixture of tribes.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2011
lagcity:

mumu. you'll make an exception. you don't even know when it is appropriate to put words in quote but you will do it because you've seen people do it. monkey see, monkey do. cheesy grin you assumed i use cyber cafes because you don't know any better. after all, that's where you and your kinsmen spend your days sending scam e-mails to people around the world shocked shocked. bush man.

An intelligent person will look at that quote of mine and understand what I was driving at . Dimwitted bone heads like yourself and your "tribesmen" can't understand subliminal messages so I give up. LOL, you my friend are dumber than i presumed! BTW as for exception rather than exemption, ever heard of typos? I guess not!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
I am just tickled at the German thing! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
Mcleo007 (m)
Hustleville, Las Giddy

Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future!
« #64 on: Today at 07:06:27 PM »
Quote from: PAGAN  9JA on Today at 05:34:35 PM
@mcleo007, u must stop corrupting innocent minds or else d devils gnna land in ya bed sha n rave your bakside. Yourba with Yoruba, Igbo with Igbo, dat must be d trend.  

Hey dude, aint no devil gonna snitch on me. Inter-tribal daing is quite healthy.

For those saying yoruba gurls aint clean; your partly right cos it largely affects a great percentage of our girls. Guess it has to do with our world view. But then, that does not attribute to why we love to date igbo chicks. Just cant figure that aspect ye
t!

It has got to do with the fact we are much more beautiful than Yoruba girls. It has got to do with the fact that we are generally fairer in complexion. It has got to do with alot of steroe typical views Yoruba have about the Igbo's. It has got to do with wanting another man's wife. It has got to do with your competition with the Igbo's. It has got to do with your deep cited resentment for Igbo men. It has got to do with your level of un-intelligence. It has got to do with not appreciating yoruba women enough. xx wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2011
deadie:

Why should I be in denial? I just want to educate people who are rejoicing that Igbo girls are in love with them. They probably are, in the absence of an Igbo man. But once an Igbo man of equal, or a little less status than the current sucker comes along, she is gonna leave your a$$. Igbos don't like marrying outside Igboland and only will as a last resort. Ask any Igbo girl to be frank with you on the issue.

you are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. you made a ridiculous statement and labelled it as "fact." you can't speak for igbo women.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

t!

It has got to do with the fact we are much more beautiful than Yoruba girls. It has got to do with the fact that we are generally fairer in complexion. It has got to do with alot of steroe typical views Yoruba have about the Igbo's. It has got to do with wanting another man's wife. It has got to do with your competition with the Igbo's. It has got to do with your deep cited resentment for Igbo men. It has got to do with your level of un-intelligence. It has got to do with not appreciating yoruba women enough. xx wink

Na wa ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

Tribe keeps on popping up on this thread. Just so you all know the word TRIBE is usually used in reference to a group of monkeys. Why do you think the Caucasians never call their ethnic group tribes   wink

guess wat im a tribal, a pure-blooded Maguzawa-Hausa tribal and right now i feel offended ny u callin us ppl monkeys for no reason. and the Caucasians also dont have tribes cuz they are mixed Slavic and tartar ppl. pl use some common sense!!!!!! there are tribes existing today every where in the world, except in Europe and in the European part of Russia (Except for a few like the Sami, etc, )

ekt_bear:

This concept of German ethnicity predates the 19th century. I guess we could trace it to at least the time of the Holy Roman Empire. Certainly by the time of Catherine the Great (the ethnic German empress of Russia), they were considered an ethnic group rather than a collection or mixture of tribes.

the christian Roman Empire never really supported the tribes, because if the tribes existed, then they would hav a chance of reverting bak to their old true faiths and revolts would have sprung up in different parts all over Europe against the corrupt church. so u will generally notice a trend that as soon as a place converted to christianity, the tribes would mix up and there wont be any more mention of the tribes.

and we tribals r not dim-witted, k u have insulted me the second time, and i have an urge to report u, but i noe doing so wont change ur rat-brained mentality.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2011
you are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. you made a ridiculous statement and labelled it as "fact." you can't speak for igbo women.

And your people chose a Zygote as their spokes person. SMH!!!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

guess wat im a tribal, a pure-blooded Maguzawa-Hausa tribal and right now i feel offended ny u callin us ppl monkeys for no reason. and the Caucasians also dont have tribes cuz they are mixed Slavic and tartar ppl. pl use some common sense!!!!!! there are tribes existing today every where in the world, except in Europe and in the European part of Russia (Except for a few like the Sami, etc, )

Shouldn't you at least google the word first b4 accusing me of what I didn't do?!  undecided    BTW I am not stopping you and your people from being a tribe, not at all! Its a free world after-all .
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

And your people chose a Zygote as their spokes person. SMH!!!

Watch it with the zygote comment!   angry angry angry  You think it is easy to carry a fetus to TERM?!!!!!!   angry angry angry angry  

Sorry just had a moment.  Carry on suga.   embarassed
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2011
@PAGAN  9JA: I'm not sure if this is meant to agree with or disagree with my statement. Point is, by latest 1400AD or so, there was a concept of German ethnicity. Anyway, certainly today the concept exists.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

Shouldn't you at least google the word first b4 accusing me of what I didn't do?!  undecided  

google the word?? wat for my friend? to see whether we really r monkeys  angry angry
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Watch it with the zygote comment!   angry angry angry  You think it is easy to carry a fetus to TERM?!!!!!!   angry angry angry angry  

OK, no more Zy . . . . ,  comments!  wink

PAGAN 9JA:

google the word?? wat for my friend? to see whether we really r monkeys  angry angry

"We" don't have to be a tribe. We should rather use the term race or ethnic group more often.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

OK, no more Zy, comments!  wink

Thank you. cry embarassed (putting a pillow behind my back and shifting position)
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
There are a variety of classifications of 'tribe', overall, general definitions don't come across as insulting, either way don't get so worked up over it
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

An intelligent person will look at that quote of mine and understand what I was driving at . Dimwitted bone heads like yourself and your "tribesmen" can't understand subliminal messages so I give up. LOL, you my friend are dumber than i presumed!

phreakabit:

People of lower intellectual proficiency such as yourself, aren't quite worthy of a response from me , but I will make an exemption. Your statement easily gives you away as being a "typical" educationally half baked , zygote brained , ego bruised, not so confident individual (who i guess, would have mouth and body odor as most of "your kinds" do) seeking some sort of relevance on the internet. You should be bothered about your cyber cafe browsing ticket elapsing rather than being an e-agbero, even if its in your nature. Anyways b4 you go, I have one question a rhetorical one. Where has ACN really cleaned up ?

eeww dude, you are making a fool of yourself and i pity you. if you want to say that i'm a typical something, you need not put the word TYPICAL in quote. putting the word in quote implies that you have reservations about me being a typical "educationally half baked , zygote brained , ego bruised, not so confident individual." grin And i really appreciate that. tongue grin that's so sweet of you. if you are going to insult, at least do it well, not the way primary 4 students do it.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

Shouldn't you at least google the word first b4 accusing me of what I didn't do?!  undecided     BTW I am not stopping you and your people from being a tribe, not at all! Its a free world after-all .

and i jus saw u add dat comment after my reply. im glad u r starting to understand.  cool

ekt_bear:

@PAGAN  9JA: I'm not sure if this is meant to agree with or disagree with my statement. Point is, by latest 1400AD or so, there was a concept of German ethnicity. Anyway, certainly today the concept exists.

the concept exists, but it is mainly to keep the German peoples united on the basis of language, sometimes, for political reasons. as for a separate culture, ethnicity and bloodline, all that has been lost.
and the same might happen in Nigeria too. this is wat worries me cuz we 9ja r different from the west.  sad
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
Regarding Yoruba vs Igbo women. . . personally I think people should do whatever makes them happy. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to ethnicity in women. . . AA, white, Asian, Yoruba, Igbo, whatever, all the same to me. I'm equal opportunity, let's put it that way.

For those who claim that Yoruba chicks are "dirty" or something. . . well, as the saying goes, water finds its level. If you can only get a dirty Yoruba chick, then it says more about you than anyone else.

Furthermore, I think I've already posted AIDS rates across Nigeria already, have I not? We already know which part of the country is the most filthy, at least if certain diseases are any indication.

As I said, water finds its level.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by seyibrown(f): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

guyz, im personally a Maguzawa-Hausa, but after seeing all these posts, ive seen that its become more of a Yoruba-women bashing thread. Im from a different tribe, yet it deeply saddens me that ppl r making fun of other ppl and also d fact that not one Yoruba man has come to defend the Yoruba women. Instead everyone gos on ranting about the qualities of the Igbo women, ehich is alright, yet not right when it comes to comparing them with the Yoruba women. this Inter-tribal thing was a bad idea from the very starts. men and woman must stick to, help, protect and enhance the image of their tribe rather than praising the qualities & running off with sum other fella from another tribe.

grin  grin You obviously missed the thread where one Igbo boy was saying Igbos are the OYINBOS of Africa!  grin  grin They are first class, aren't they?? Empty barrels and noise  . . . . !   grin It amazes me that a 'fair' complexion is the measure of beauty! I have seen Igbo girls darker than dark, and yoruba girls so fair! Being dirty or neat has nothing to do with tribe or ethnicity, it is a personal thing!

That said, there are more IGBO-YORUBA inter-marriages this days because of our education and it is a fantastic development! My Yoruba bunkie at Uni married an Igbo guy; my Aunt married a Calabar man; my sister has only ever dated Delta guys; my Anambra uni friend married a yoruba guy . . . it's all happening around us and it is a very welcome development! The days of  'you must marry someone from your village or Amadioha/Sango will strike you'  grin are fast coming to an end!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
lagcity:

eeww dude, you are making a fool of yourself and i pity you. if you want to say that i'm a typical something, you need not put the word TYPICAL in quote. putting the word in quote implies that you have reservations about me being a typical "educationally half baked , zygote brained , ego bruised, not so confident individual." grin And i really appreciate that. tongue grin that's so sweet of you. if you are going to insult, at least do it well, not the way primary 4 students do it.

SMH @ this clown cunningly ripping intelligence of me. Do you know the implications of being called "typical" ? LOL! DAMN!!! Your dad should have invested in better educational standards bro.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

are you minding the retard? phreakabit thinks a zygote can be a spokesperson smiley grin grin
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:25pm On Jun 17, 2011
ibkaye:

There are a variety of classifications of 'tribe', overall, general definitions don't come across as insulting, either way don't get so worked up over it

u r riight my friend. the word tribe is certainly not offensive. it actually fills me with a sense of pride, that at last, im an individual and taht i am different from the rest.  smiley

phreakabit:

OK, no more Zy . . . . ,  comments!  wink

"We" don't have to be a tribe. We should rather use the term race or ethnic group more often.

u just said dat a tribe r a group of monkeys. and the Maguzawa Hausa ARE a tribe, and its not just us, there r so many tribals living around the world and i am speaking for everyone. u can google us on wikipedia and it specifically says that we are a tribe. In fact, we r the last surviving Pagan Hausa tribe in the world.  or r u jus sayin that u wer insulting a non-existent being called a tribe.  cuz dat doesnt make ne sense. -.-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls Don't Judge Me Harshly But I Seem To Be Falling For Married Men / Girls Which Do You Prefer, Fair Guys Or Dark Guys? / How To Make Forming Pretty Girls Crazily Fall In Love With You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.