Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! (16016 Views)

Inter-tribal Dating Good Or Bad?? / Fulani Chief Calls For Inter-tribal Marriages Among NYSC Members / Wow,such A Cute Yoruba And Igbo Inter-tribal Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Saipro(m): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2011
On a lighter note, I belong to the "old school" so while it might not be technically (nor even logically) sound, I favour conservation within the tribe. Let Ibo man marry after his own kind and Yoruba likewise (aren't guys ignoring the other tribes a bit too much? I'd be offended if I were Tivi).

Our ancestors chose this mode of in-breeding to avert fundamental issues that might otherwise arise from "mixing". Heck, it was ok back then for siblings to marry each other. This is not reason enough to look down on those who marry from outside the hold. Do what is applicable to your peculiar (unique) circumstance. And let the rest of us live in peace!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Saipro(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
On a lighter note, I belong to the "old school" so while it might not be technically (nor even logically) sound, I favour conservation within the tribe. Let Ibo man marry after his own kind and Yoruba likewise (aren't guys ignoring the other tribes a bit too much? I'd be offended if I were Tivi).

Our ancestors chose this mode of in-breeding to avert fundamental issues that might otherwise arise from "mixing". Heck, it was ok back then for siblings to marry each other. This is not reason enough to look down on those who marry from outside the hold. Do what is applicable to your peculiar (unique) circumstance. And let the rest of us live in peace!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by queensmith: 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2011
Wel for me when it comes to igbo men ive never had a problem with cheating ,not to say they dont cheat-i feel they have a bit more respect for women than yoruba men do.
In terms of sleeping around the same- they sorta have an increased respect for themselves. Your less likely to catch an igbo man of class sleeping with every jane jan and janet he comes accross
They are very proud tho less controlling and less arrogant, they are more hardworking imo and can hold thier own. It might be the industry i work in but most professionals i come accross are also igbo. It might be different in the finance/banking sector sha oooo lol.
Then again people dont tend to appreciate thier own so i might just like them cos im yoruba.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ronkebp(f): 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2011
Queen, ^^^^^ ibo men don't cheat? they sleep with each others wife, they wan cheat die,
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by queensmith: 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2011
Ive neva had the problem? The issue ive had is distance and time cheating or lying and all that rubbisg was introduced by a yoruba man. Its not even the cheating its the satisfaction they derive from it. It borderlines psychotic.
Ive neva heard or noticed it with other men??
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
igbo boy:

story story story, guy u jus dey for discussion, wetin consign fine nna boy with lagos LovePeddler? 

go and see p square baby mama and see whether na house girl, go and see 2face Yoruba baby mama and tell me if she is a house girl too, These are girls from "supposedly" good family but will open their legs cos of ego/owo/kudi, what a shame.

Am not here for tales by the moonlight, in terms of giving angle 90 i dont mean to boast I can beat on my chest confidently add all the girls u don smash (igbo or non igbo combined) i have sampled as much Yoruba girls as that, CHai guy man don dey old sha. During my playa days in summer like this me and my friends, funny enough na two Yoruba guys we dey go spend summer for london. Once we switch on our american accent and show those naija briticos (most of them Yoruba) our american kpali it is a done deal.

Of what relevance is 2face and p square? Of course famous performing artists can get nearly any type of chick they want. Can random dudes do the same with any chick halfway desirable?

Regarding "story story story" and "tales by the moonlight", who is the one telling tales? Anyway, I can match you tale for tale if it needs to come down to that. And no fake accents, or any other sort of wuruwuru necessary to finish the task at hand.

At the end of the day, we are enjoying our cookie and taking yours away too. And this will continue indefinitely
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ronkebp(f): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2011
queensmith:

Ive neva had the problem? The issue ive had is distance and time cheating or lying and all that rubbisg was introduced by a yoruba man. Its not even the cheating its the satisfaction they derive from it. It borderlines psychotic.
Ive neva heard or noticed it with other men??
let me tell u Queen, most men irrespective of the tribe, cheat, 80% of the men cheat, the ones that cheat on their wives here in the States, are they Yoruba too, ?
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by deadie(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2011
It is Yoruba, not Yoruba please!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2011
Hehe

Then it is also Ibo, Eboe, Heebo, etc

No wahala
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
@Op, Yeah bro, i fink its a nice Influx in the Igbo n Yoruba Dating Scheme, Did dated a Lagosian Hotchick while in Nigeria though am married to an Igbo Gurl but had a Cordial n blissful tym wiv Omotola Jale. . .and my N.l love Yinka is also Yoruba * And how Sweet she's to me * Nice Compatibility i guess wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by queensmith: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2011
ronkebp:

let me tell u Queen, most men irrespective of the tribe, cheat, 80% of the men cheat, the ones that cheat on their wives here in the States, are they Yoruba too, ?

99% statistics are made up on the spot, lemme guess your yoruba?? is that the propaganda they sold to you to justify themselves??
well as i said i never personally had any problems with cheating, until i started dating yoruba guys i was completely unaware of the sort!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Wislet(f): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2011
ronkebp:

someone is fighting so hard to convince a fellow sister. LMAO
queensmith:

99% statistics are made up on the spot, lemme guess your yoruba?? is that the propaganda they sold to you to justify themselves??
well as i said i never personally had any problems with cheating, until i started dating yoruba guys i was completely unaware of the sort!
Case closed. Lol
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by BABE3: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2011
How in the world did this thread turn to this?!!! embarassed This was supposed to be a beautiful topic---- people sha---
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Mcleo007(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
Saipro:

Enough of the beef. I figure the reason for starting the thread was to promote unity. And have a view on the author's take.

Now it's about high-stakes, high-rollers, who scores best, who scores the most & who's masterly of humiliating the female gender. These are things to be ashamed of. Rather, for lack of wisdom, you brag about sexploits. Shame on the lot of you. We're all human. The environment you grow up in determines a whole lot more than your genetic stereotyping.

I've met some really good Ibo women. Same goes for Yoruba. As well for Hausa, Fulani & Ibibio. The major delineator for the most was upbringing & environmental factors. Don't come here to brandish ego in the name of claiming to know what you know not.

Indeed, before anything else you may be, wanna be or considered to be, you're a human being . . . .

Very reasonable comment. About the best so far. Thanks bro.

BABE!:

How in the world did this thread turn to this?!!! embarassed This was supposed to be a beautiful topic---- people sha---

E tire me ooooo.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2011
BABE!:

How in the world did this thread turn to this?!!!  embarassed This was supposed to be a beautiful topic---- people sha---

one of the sickest n most disgusting topic i eva come across Nairaland. and d stuffs even mor reflected by d variety of posts here. angry angry angry angry
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by BABE3: 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^I see nothing wrong with the topic itself---it's purpose wasn't for people to degrade the ethnic groups---it was for a good cause.

Some posts here makes it "sick" (as you said).
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2011
(looking at the oyinbos shaking their heads in disbelief)
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by tpia5: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2011
The op is an extremely s.tupid fellow.

Nuff said.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by igboboy1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Of what relevance is 2face and p square? Of course famous performing artists can get nearly any type of chick they want. Can random dudes do the same with any chick halfway desirable?

Regarding "story story story" and "tales by the moonlight", who is the one telling tales? Anyway, I can match you tale for tale if it needs to come down to that. And no fake accents, or any other sort of wuruwuru necessary to finish the task at hand.

At the end of the day, we are enjoying our cookie and taking yours away too. And this will continue indefinitely

Thats my point fake accents sweep Yoruba girls off their feet (cheaplings), go and try that one with igbo girl whether u no go chop like 3 slap,

This one about you are enjoying your cookie and taking mine away na heavy discussion o, Nna boy is sure having his fair share of the dark chocolates from the SW and aint complaining if you are having your fair share of the sweet caramel from the SE, Live and let live, if u are not spoiling my market why i go one spoil ur market?
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2011
wats d good cause here i just dont get it. instead its creating cultural, social, tribal, moral, physical, sexual, mental n all kinds of other problems. angry
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
an Igbo girl will be best with an Igbo man cuz they r both made up of d same stuff. dey gnna attract each other lyk hell.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Calculia: 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2011
Yep no problem with that.

Mcleo007 (m)
Hustleville, Las Giddy

Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future!
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:56 AM »

This topic refers.

Iv met quite a number of yorrba guys who are dating igbo chicks and seriously wnt to tie the knot with them. On the same hand is such a large no of igbo females who prefer dating yoruba men than their tribe's men.
This thread is not geared at rearing any tribal war of words nor attrition.

The relationship as observed is a very good one. I, myself have  dated more igbo ladies than I have of the yoruba folks.

For those who fall within this bracket, let's keep it up. Nothing compares to it. Its our choice, and its good not only for the unity of this nation, but to the edification of the human race.

Let's have your say on dis.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ronkebp(f): 12:32am On Jun 19, 2011
Wislet:

someone is fighting so hard to convince a fellow sister. LMAO Case closed. Lol
who be this? Why would I have to fight hard to convince someone I don't know, please choose your words well, If she got cheated on by only Yoruba guys too bad for her, she should have just stuck to the ones she is used to. I have dated only Yoruba guys, and have not had one case of one cheating on me, so it is not a case of a tribe cheating, but how you hold your corner tight.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by queensmith: 12:35am On Jun 19, 2011
^^ unno that doesnt quite tie-in with claiming most men cheat? your contradicting yourself now.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 12:42am On Jun 19, 2011
Just like you don't believe Yoruba men doesn't cheat then it should also be true that not all Yoruba women smell like fish and sardines.

Nairaland is begetting hypocrisy's everyday.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ronkebp(f): 12:59am On Jun 19, 2011
queensmith:

^^ unno that doesnt quite tie-in with claiming most men cheat? your contradicting yourself now.
how am I contradicting myself? Let me into your thoughts, as in, make me understand where you are coming from.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nayah(f): 1:03am On Jun 19, 2011
Poster good thing I support you but I'm quite sad that when it comes to talk about " tribes" it turns into little war here
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:46am On Jun 19, 2011
Nayah:

Poster good thing I support you but I'm quite sad that when it comes to talk about " tribes" it turns into little war here

Desperado, I pity u!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by millco88(f): 1:53am On Jun 19, 2011
Intertribal relationships are good for nigeria's future. if Nigeria can just fulfill half of it's potential then it could actually have an impact on the continent, and world.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:00am On Jun 19, 2011
ronkebp (f)
philadephia

^^^ak47mann, of course am ok,   to you too, so now, na yoruba women, they follow you, cos of the gel' you dey give them to rub b
ody, hmmmmm, so that is all you can offer, and you want them to open up' like dat, oti oooo

@ronkebp! don't mind ak47mann. I know Igbo men married to yoruba women but unlike the vice versa is not publicised for everybody becos not necessary. These Igbo men are not going to say anything useful on Nairaland but in real life they marry yoruba women.

My friend from Church (Redeem) is married to an Igbo man, she is Ijebu from Ogun State and dey have three kids now(a boy and twin girls). U have to understand dat psychology is the name of the game here and need to see beyond deceptive words dat are meaningless. Love is universal and doesn't discriminate but having said dat Igbo's don't go purposefully looking for a relationship with any particular tribe unlike yoruba men which is quite suspicious.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ronkebp(f): 2:18am On Jun 19, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

@ronkebp! don't mind ak47mann. I know Igbo men married to yoruba women but unlike the vice versa is not publicised for everybody becos not necessary. These Igbo men are not going to say anything useful on Nairaland but in real life they marry yoruba women.

My friend from Church (Redeem) is married to an Igbo man, she is Ijebu from Ogun State and dey have three kids now(a boy and twin girls). U have to understand dat psychology is the name of the game here and need to see beyond deceptive words dat are meaningless. Love is universal and doesn't discriminate but having said dat Igbo's don't go purposefully looking for a relationship with any particular tribe unlike yoruba men which is quite suspicious.
gat you, hmm, Yoruba men, see una life for outside, na wa,
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by tpia5: 3:01am On Jun 19, 2011
Igbo's don't go purposefully looking for a relationship with any particular tribe unlike yoruba men which is quite suspicious.

interesting pov.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who says Hausa girls are not beautiful come and see the most beautiful h girls / This Cute Girl Did This At The Bank And I Did This / Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.