Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44871 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Iglesia02(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
Just take heart . The God that healed her till today, will perfect it all. As of the Wife ,your stand is very ok. Once u will always be there for ur children, stay away from her. She will treat you the same way any day any time ur in such need of her .
Me that 8s typing this ,I don't eat fried foods. My wife is very much aware of that , but she prefers to cook frying the onions and the meats before cooking. The worst aspect is that she will deny that even when I ask her before eating .
Then after I might have eaten and become to have the stomach upset as a result, that's when she will tell me( I just fried only the onions and nothing more).
Brother. Run for ur life I u have the gut. Am only around because of our children and now cook my food alone. Imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Unclesamo(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
God1stson:

If her mother had died in that incident you will not be talking like that. One thing that drives people like her wife is selfishness, anybody like that will still repeat the same thing over. I had a sister who knows I suffered acute ulcer yet most of the time she puts excess pepper in food. I complained severally but often she repeats it, I even gave her d option of grinding dry pepper and put it in her own afterwards but she didn't buy it. Since I was d one providing d money for food, I had to start giving her half of what I intend giving her 4 feeding. So any day I enter and taste one spoon and is peppeperish I will quickly go to Mama's care restaurant, the woman knows I don't need 2much paper or will buy indomie. Since then she is more cautious about putting pepper but I had remained committed to the half percent of feeding money so no more excess money for buying make ups or clothes from d remainder of the feeding money lol

His mum is now dead.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by girlygirlyMain: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
Don't worry, the same thing will happen to you in your old age. [/quote]
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by latour: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2022
NaBanga:
From reading the story, your wife did not poison your mother. No genuine doctor can say what was said in your story, unless they want to cause confusion in your home. Your mother's sodium increase can be caused by many things. It also sounds like your mother suffers from long term congestive heart failure. I suspect she even got Covid on top of all of this.

Nigeria is a cess pool of liars and horrible people. I just pray the woman does not suffer for what she has not done.
Thank you so much for this!!!. My thoughts exactly.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by ImaIma1(f): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year

Modified:
For those quoting me
For those saying it was intentional, you need to have sense. This isn't Nollywood movie it is real life.
The wife was only lazy and took her sickness for granted. This is the most logical explanation. It is still thesame reason why you poison yourselves taking alcohol, soft drinks, and food rich in oil and fats, though you are conscious of this fact this things are not good for you yet you take them, this is because you are not taking your health serious and you haven't seen with your eyes the implications what this things can cause.
The woman was conscious of the fact this things are not good, but she took it lightly because she haven't seen in first hand the implications.
I myself haven't seen first hand the implications of diabetics. I would have made same mistake due to laziness.

Modified: I heard the mama died OP take heart. Your wife was just foolish and that foolishness led to the costly mistake that was paid with a human life. Such is life, you have every right to be angry but madam did not kill your mother intentionally. Life goes on, I wish you would forgive her one day. Just note it can happen to anybody

Come on! You can't actually say that she didn't know that her MIL was diabetic. Or that the househelp was making a different meal without salt. Won't she know what is happening in her house.

And if truly she didn't know, it means she couldn't care less about her MIL and what she's going through.

It was intentional and lazy on her part not to stick to the plan for the woman's diet. What a pity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
yemi1504:

There is a solution to this if you have the means, money that is. Once your mom gets well, that maid that knows how to cook her food along with her, should go back to your mother's house to be cooking her food while you get another maid for your house. Chikena. Also, treat that maid well to avoid had I known in the future. I will take this drastic decision if I were in your shoes, no matter how your wife feels about it. It will send a very strong message that there are consequences for being lackadaisical and lazy. My 2 cents.

Theonlysonofher:
Unfortunately my sweet mother left us

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by latour: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
NaBanga:

No doctor can confirm that without seeing it with his own eyes. I know what I am saying. This is a lie. Nigerians are ignorant and the quack doctor knows this.

Exactly!!! No doctor can confirm that by doing blood test. There need to look into other possible cause of the seizure and manage appropriately. The symptoms are not consistent with what the op claims the doctor said. This will save the mum and his marriage

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by MaverickA3: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
I don't want to quote some people whose comments look foolish to me. But I don't know why some women treat their mother-in-law as rivals. If the housemaid could be very careful with the meal of your mother, what excuse does your wife has to be careless with your mother's meal I don't know if your wife did it deliberately or not but it is an act of stupidity.
Health is not what you joke with.
Forgive your wife and be extra careful with how you deal with her.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by ImaIma1(f): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
Seems she was too lazy to cook separate meals, not understanding the gravity of her actions and the repercussions it would result to. She thought she could cut corners and it would go unnoticed.

But the bitter truth is that she would have been more careful if it were her own mother and would have taken her life more seriously.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by aalangel(f): 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

Will you find your home immediately!!!!!! Next thing you'll be looking for another lady to calm your nerves. You're using a problem to solve a problem. Typical Nigerian. Mtchewww...
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Joshuazedd(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lol how did the Doctor know salt was the cause?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by thecavemen: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
sad take heart
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Pearl05(f): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

I'm sorry about your mom. Thank God she is getting better and well. I don't think your wife intentionally set out to hurt your mother.

The thing is that she might be overwhelmed with taking care of the young kids ; most men don't realised that 1-5 yrs old toddlers are the most difficult to look after. The little negligence has caused the family more. She must have learnt her lesson by now and won't try similar thing as you are likely to blame her now if anything happens to mom again.

What to do:
Genuinely fogive and forget.
Let her cook different of mom 's meal and store in the freezer ( that's if you get not less than 8 -12hr light daily).
Buy mom's special foodstuffs in bulk .
Let your wife reduce her own salt intake please as it affects everyone including the kids.( I was like that before as if i tell you that a soup is salty then nobody can eat it but worked on it and now i eat normal or no salt at all.
When next your help is to travel please get another person to replace her .

Quick recovery to mom.

MODIFIED

Rest in peace to your mom.

May the Holy spirit comfort and strengthens you.

Peace be restored in your home.

Amen

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Testimony1988(m): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
Since she has apologize and promised not to do it again, forgive and forget, since Christ forgives us whenever we err, who are we not to forgive.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Codes151(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
anungangampu:

Lol.. Seriously u can predict his age from his reaction
very annoying.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Ofadaman(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
I don't believe she did it unknowingly, help me understand how you had a househelp for many years who didn't make any mistake, but then just for a few days and your wife (who stays at home) cannot exercise caution in the food she feeds your mum because she's lazy,why would she jeopardize your mother's health just because she couldn't prepare another seperate meal just for one person.

I think it's very very unfair from her. Forgive her all the same because she's your wife ,just be sure you hire someone to take care of your mum better. Women aren't accommodating to their mother in law's,they often see them as threats, but are always quick to help their own siblings and parents
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by yemi1504: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
wirinet:

[color=#990000] [b]

Now, that is sad! No other advice can be given on this unfortunately. The last advice I will give him is to divorce his wife but take care of the kids. If a woman can commit murder like this due to her negligence, I fear to think what she will commit in the future. Neglectful women are a ticking time bomb and a keg of gunpowder and sooner or later, one shares in the bad results of their negligence. I rest my case
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by yemi1504: 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
dangotesmummy:
yes or invite the househelp to take care of her.wives usually or innately see their husbands mother as a baggage or an intruder who should not be seen around their husbands or exist.only a few genuinely love their mother in-laws the way they love their own mothers or children.the love for their children is unconditional but the love for their mother in-law are many times fake because there's no how if the doctor said their child was sick and should stay away from salt ,there is no way she will ever forget and if any househelp dares it she will come after her ruthlessly

All this advice is for naught already and purpose is defeated as he unfortunately lost his mom.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by descarado: 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Nigerian doctors destroys more than they heal undecided
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AdmissionTipz(m): 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
Pearl05:

I'm sorry about your mom. Thank God she is getting better and well. I don't think your wife intentionally set out to hurt your mother.

The thing is that she might be overwhelmed with taking care of the young kids ; most men don't realised that 1-5 yrs old toddlers are the most difficult to look after. The little negligence has caused the family more. She must have learnt her lesson by now and won't try similar thing as you are likely to blame her now if anything happens to mom again.

What to do:
Genuinely fogive and forget.
Let her cook different of mom 's meal and store in the freezer ( that's if you get not less than 8 -12hr light daily).
Buy mom's special foodstuffs in bulk .
Let your wife reduce her own salt intake please as it affects everyone including the kids.( I was like that before as if i tell you that a soup is salty then nobody can eat it but worked on it and now i eat normal or no salt at all.
When next your help is to travel please get another person to replace her .

Quick recovery to mom.
the mom is late already
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by yemi1504: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
mediainc:
Make sure you are being good to a good soul, a lazy, non chalant selfish woman deserve no husband.

You can say that again especially when the result of this one leads to a person dear to the Op's death.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by elantraceey(f): 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2022
CSTRR:

I can say this with 100% certainty.

This "mistake" or negligence would never have happened if that woman was her mother.

Terrible woman.

Personally, even if I forgive her for that, it would take time.

She used the life of her husband's mother to play bet9ja.

It's unforgivable.

You've never had to take care of an old person or go out of your to do things for another and that's why you sound like this. As if you don't know people abandon their own parents in the hospital and even in the village. What the woman did is very terrible but trust me, if it wasnt deliberate and just laziness, she could do the same to her own mum and I know this because I've seen both men and women abandon their own sick parents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by AvalonSpace(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
And you called her mother and reported. But your mother was supposed to know her diet and say "no" to the food being served. Forgive her and don't take it this far.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by descarado: 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
Joshuazedd:
Lol how did the Doctor know salt was the cause?

Do uou mind these quack doctors.

This man has already killed his marriage. It will never remain the same.
I wil never remain in such marriage after being accused of deliberately trying to kill MIL.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Pearl05(f): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
AdmissionTipz:
the mom is late already

Oh. So sorry sir. The loss of a beloved is a terrible feeling and phase( loss my big brother to kidney disease 3 months ago and still hurting) I pray that the Holy spirit comforts and strengthens you.

May her spirit rest in perfect peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Alabo7978(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

careless stupid talk.

now I'm reading modified posts about the OP's mom dieng, are you still going to go on with your STUPIDITY?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
This is brilliant. I doff my cap to you!

eyinjuege:
This your story get as e be.
I doubt the kind of salt that would make your mum have a seizure is one that anyone would be able to eat the meal, including your wife who likes salt. And this happened in about a week.
I would look into another cause for her seizures.
Hope she had a brain scan at the hospital because she might have suffered a stroke or ministroke.
Or was Mama having more than the number of tablets she should be having for her diabetes? Was she deliberately/unintentionally being overdosed on antidiabetic drugs that can cause low glucose, which in turn can cause seizures? Who is in charge of giving her the medicines? Can she be doing that by herself?
Or Mama has been avoiding eating food prepared by your wife because it's too salty, and she's still taking her diabetic medication on an empty stomach?
Please investigate further and ask your mum how she has been using her medicines.
It may be better to get her a weekly pill box with days of the week and times to take her medicine, so nobody gets confused about how she should be using her medicines
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by mirinder: 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
Landmack:
And errhmmm...Seun pls viewer's discretion when putting up adverts like this. I cant have this snake staring at me on every thread i open.
you are not a man
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by descarado: 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
AvalonSpace:
And you called her mother and reported. But your mother was supposed to know her diet and say "no" to the food being served. Forgive her and don't take it this far.

The man is deliberately looking for way to throw her out.
Who knows, they prophesied to him the wife is the cause of his mum's ill-health.

Mama don't have mouth again.
See pages upon pages of hatred oozing out from people. And we blame politicians when we are worst.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Bignuell(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
Unclesamo:

Do u mind them!!!

if it was her mother, would she have behaved like that??
For where, she won't now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by calmness0(f): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
Unfortunately my sweet mother left us

Take heart bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by yemi1504: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
Malawian:

If it is laziness, she could have finished cooking, removed the mother's portion before adding salt to the rest. It was intentional. Once or twice might be laziness, more than twice? Naa I don't think so.

The views saying it is intentional seem to have a point! Because if it is really more than twice, that is not even in the negligence territory anymore!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

South African Man Replies Troll Who Criticized His Wife's Beach Outfit / How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo) / My Wife Shows No Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.