Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44859 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by saintchris11(m): 11:20am On Jan 02, 2022
Thank God your mother is recovering. ... forgive your wife and let things go. You'll be doing your mum more harm than good by having a broken home.
Thank God for life....
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2022
Shalommy:
Men, whenever they wanna discuss issue of their women they'll put honey and sugar to make it sweeter. Chaii.. Mr man, your wife didn't poison your mom. It could be your mom wanted to eat the same meal. And have you asked your mom if your wife has ever forced her to eat any food before? Since your wife can't take good care of your mom, do it yourself. Stop the ALPHA claiming. Nonsense!!!
....Trash. Instead of you to condemn her act and ask the husband to forgive her,you re here spewing nonsense.

Can she do same to her own mother?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Theonlysonofher(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2022
Unfortunately my sweet mother left us

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Qatar2022: 11:25am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year
Shut up idiot like you, she know everything about that woman and she want her death by all means , what kind of less ass person you're

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by kenx1(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:
Op, This is a very serious matter.

I honestly don't think your wife deliberately intended to poison your mother.

I believe it was just laziness on her part to Cook separate meals.

Ur very correct it's jus laziness

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by LegalOpinion: 11:36am On Jan 02, 2022
I think you are very wrong with the use of the phrase "POISONED MY MOTHER".

While I may admit that your wife was either lazy to prepare a specific meal for your mum or never considered the peculiar requirements in feeding your mother, I do not agree that she intentionally wanted to harm your mother.

Believe me, if your wife wanted to kill your mother, she (your mother) won't make it to the hospital.

Again, generally, I consider it appropriate to take "the taking care of your ailing parents personally than delegating same to your spouse.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by greenie77: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:

She has passed on?
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by ETIIKO: 11:38am On Jan 02, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Is the wife crying distraughtedly or are you just assuming ? Bro women have got some heart o forget.
When you get married and start having children, your taught will automatically change.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by being(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Are u a Christian sir?
Then you have to forgive and also pray to forget.
You see this is a well calculated attack of the devil on your marriage!! And d attack was right at your neck ..
God is depending on you to stand for Him and resist that attack.
It is not easy.. but u need to stand strong in & for God & overcome
PLS sir.. U should forgive her and overcome d enemy in your marriage

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by obinoral1179(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.
Go home sir....the Devil is a liar...
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by rickyboss333: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:

The simple truth...case closed

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by UmmuFarrah(f): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
Oh My God
I'm so sorry. May she rest in peace.
God, please, I hope madam action wasn't intentional

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Styluss: 11:43am On Jan 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year
mumu
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Jen96: 11:43am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
forgiving your wife will be hard now

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Styluss: 11:43am On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:

if she was her mother... Would she be lazy?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Treepower2000: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
Accept my heart felt condolence. May her soul repose on the bossom of the Almighty God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2022
No. You can't throw out your marriage just like that!

Yes you were supportive of her mum and your mum deserves to be treated right by your wife! But THIS IS NOT A GOOD REASON TO END YOUR MARRIAGE.

Work things out with your wife. It's okay to take time out since you're still very hurt but don't make poor decisions because you are mad at your wife at the moment!

Let her know how pained you are and remind her of how you treated her own mother like yours, and expected that she would treat your own mother like hers!

Pls calm down and sort this out with your wife! Enough said.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CSTRR: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2022
I don't even know if these modern karashika wives think they won't grow old too.

There are only 3640 weeks in 70 years.
Old age is not so distant from everybody.

Most of them will grow old, and its another person's child that will determine the level of care they get one way or the other.

Karma is waiting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by scokoro: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Bros... if you want anything to be done well, please learn to do it yourself. My mum had the same problem and she died afterwards though. Pls do not ever put the safety of that woman in the hands of your wife. If possible, send for the maid to return as soon as possible. Your wife might not have meant bad for mama, but wives can be carried away. If the sugar goes too low she might have hypoglycemic coma, if the BP gets too low, death straight; if she consumes too much salt it would take the pressure too high. The situation here is not such to be joked with. Mama should also resist any urge to eat what is not acceptable to her system.

Mark my words here. If you don't take adequate care of this BP, Diabetes combo, death would snatch her any moment. Let your wife still be your wife and learn to forgive her wholeheartedly but make sure you put up certain control mechanism. Another thing you have to consider is - the disease runs in the family. You have to start taking care of yourself so that you can at least live as long as your mama has lived. Pray that God sees her through. Las Las, when the owner of the life wishes to take anyone, no one can stop it. Pray to God and take life the way it comes. You and the one son amongst 3 sisters and she is the only daughter amongst 3boys. Your mama will not live forever neither would anyone. Take care bro!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by aimalohi: 11:48am On Jan 02, 2022
Wives don suffer for africa, she poisoned ur mother as if she killed d food with salt or she was giving mama salt to eat deliberately. Why was mama eating d food when she noticed it was salty? I want u to know that there alot of things that shld be avoided and responsibilities from d patient. Exercise is a necessity, carb shld be avoided, fruits can b taken as meal Etc.
pls free d innocent woman and dont blame d woman pls
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CSTRR: 11:48am On Jan 02, 2022
scokoro:
Bros... if you want anything to be done well, please learn to do it yourself. My mum had the same problem and she died afterwards though. Pls do not ever put the safety of that woman in the hands of your wife. If possible, send for the maid to return as soon as possible. Your wife might not have meant bad for mama, but wives can be carried away. If the sugar goes too low she might have hypoglycemic coma, if the BP gets too low, death straight; if she consumes too much salt it would take the pressure too high. The situation here is not such to be joked with. Mama should also resist any urge to eat what is not acceptable to her system.

Mark my words here. If you don't take adequate care of this BP, Diabetes combo, death would snatch her any moment. Let your wife still be your wife and learn to forgive her wholeheartedly but make sure you put up certain control mechanism. Another thing you have to consider is - the disease runs in the family. You have to start taking care of yourself so that you can at least live as long as your mama has lived. Pray that God sees her through. Las Las, when the owner of the life wishes to take anyone, no one can stop it. Pray to God and take life the way it comes. You and the one son amongst 3 sisters and she is the only daughter amongst 3boys. Your mama will not live forever neither would anyone. Take care bro!
What is this?

Why will a man marry a woman if he can't trust her with the welfare of his mother.?

What is her usefulness to him then?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by sapoyoro(m): 11:49am On Jan 02, 2022
anungangampu:

Kinda advice I agree with. Just a man that can't speak for himself as both love of his life fight each other. Somehow he is siding his mom and want to run away from his wife.
if someone negligent act almost kill your mum
will you forgive such person easily?
would the wife be so negligent if the other woman in question is her own mum?
some of you people are just really stvpidd shaa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Slickest(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2022
Are nigerian women that bad, any small tin, my wife... my girl friend... my sister
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CSTRR: 11:51am On Jan 02, 2022
aimalohi:
Wives don suffer for africa, she poisoned ur mother as if she killed d food with salt or she was giving mama salt to eat deliberately. Why was mama eating d food when she noticed it was salty? I want u to know that there alot of things that shld be avoided and responsibilities from d patient. Exercise is a necessity, carb shld be avoided, fruits can b taken as meal Etc.
pls free d innocent woman and dont blame d woman pls
Do you know this is manslaughter in some countries.?

You expect an old woman who is very sick to know if the salt is too much.?

Your head is not correct.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 11:52am On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
Accept our heart felt condolences. It will make things infinitely more complicated for your wife and family. No one will ever know believe your wife did not kill your mother intentionally. In Africa where even death by car crash is blamed on the wife, not to talk of as a result of food prepared by her.

Demand a detailed autopsy and toxicology report to ascertain the exact cause of death.

I pray you can heal from this one way or the other.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by angiography(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2022
summary is that your doctor is very incompetent. Did he conduct a toxicology report to determine that?

Your mum's illness could just be progressively worsening...you have to seek for proper care.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CSTRR: 11:54am On Jan 02, 2022
sapoyoro:

if someone negligent act almost kill your mum
will you forgive such person easily?
would the wife be so negligent if the other woman in question is her own mum?
some of you people are just really stvpidd shaa
I can say this with 100% certainty.

This "mistake" or negligence would never have happened if that woman was her mother.

Terrible woman.

Personally, even if I forgive her for that, it would take time.

She used the life of her husband's mother to play bet9ja.

It's unforgivable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by wirinet(m): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2022
CSTRR:

What is this?

Why will a man marry a woman if he can't trust her with the welfare of his mother.?

What is her usefulness to him then?

It shows you are not married. It's difficult to trust your own welfare on your wife not to talk of your mother's. It's even sometimes difficult to trust your with her own welfare.

When I am sick, I make sure I take care of myself and not depend on my wife. When she is sick, I take care of her. I buy her medicine and to make sure she takes them regularly, sometimes with quarrel.

Most women care most for the welfare of their children and mother than anyone else.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by God1stson(m): 11:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

If her mother had died in that incident you will not be talking like that. One thing that drives people like her wife is selfishness, anybody like that will still repeat the same thing over. I had a sister who knows I suffered acute ulcer yet most of the time she puts excess pepper in food. I complained severally but often she repeats it, I even gave her d option of grinding dry pepper and put it in her own afterwards but she didn't buy it. Since I was d one providing d money for food, I had to start giving her half of what I intend giving her 4 feeding. So any day I enter and taste one spoon and is peppeperish I will quickly go to Mama's care restaurant, the woman knows I don't need 2much paper or will buy indomie. Since then she is more cautious about putting pepper but I had remained committed to the half percent of feeding money so no more excess money for buying make ups or clothes from d remainder of the feeding money lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

'The Thing Just Gbawaa' Little Girl Cries Out / A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / South African Man Replies Troll Who Criticized His Wife's Beach Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.