Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt (44873 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by MummyD2020(f): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sorry about your mum. If its true that your wife did that, its not good. The way u faulted your wife with full conviction ehh. 'My wife poisoned my mum'. Jeez man!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by fesdo(m): 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Report her to the police for attempted murder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Lordbinsmar: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
streetzdreamz:
[s][/s]So no one faulted the op for encouraging his wife's attitude towards consumption of salt in the family's meal. He fueled her nonchalant attitude and now he's painting a one sided story because what he fueled boomerang. Your wife saw nothing wrong in the excess consumption of salt, you merely raised an eyebrow, you didn't make your displeasure known and effect a corresponding positive change. So how then do you expect her to see the danger same nonchalant disposition would put your mum in? Sometimes we men are the architect of whatever we get from women and it's unfair to cry foul. If you didn't expressly state she is a heavy consumer of salt I would have inferred her action was deliberate. But in as much as that singular act came up, her action wasn't deliberate. Next time effect the changes you want and not just see it as a non issue. Excess sodium in the body isn't a non-issue, your entire family is at risk of heart related issues.[s][/s]

Why are you so daft to comprehend that OP said he warned her several times about the dangers of high sodium.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by NoToPile: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
anungangampu:
Pure Mummy Boy pushed around by passion of two women. I can even predict that your mother will survive but you might be next sick person with the way you are taking emotion from both side hook and sinker.

How can your wife deliberately poison your mother? Did your marry a murderer or you are allowing your assumptions and emotion suggest your wife can't be careless as a human being ?

Be careful, your motherly care and gossip from doctors and others will destroy your marriage and your life before your time .

@bolded I thought same too

1 Like

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Newcreation22: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
My doctor warned me to stop taking dairy but I just bought plenty of milk and cereal yesterday. I love milk so much and sometimes, I'm lazy to cook and prefer to take cereal and milk.
It's not easy at all. Even though I feel the impact of the dairy on my gut health, I just can't help but take it cry cry cry cry.
Please forgive your wife. It's not easy following doctors instructions on yourself talk more of another.
And please note that adhering to Doctors instructions will not provide cure, it will only delay the progression of the ailment and at the end of it all, there must be deterioration even if you follow the instructions to the later.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by NoToPile: 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
jedisco:
@op @theonlysonofher

I doubt your mum was seen by a qualified doctor. No doctor worth his onions will tell you what you said.

Since your wife has been corrected, and she is remorseful, it's best to close ranks cos your mum's seizures were not due to the food she ate

He said the doctor even said it was more than twice mama ate the salt, how he came to this conclusion is what some of us can't understand.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Unclesamo(m): 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bignuell:
The comments i am seeing here doesn't sit well with me. You guys are talking as if it is just something you'd sweep under the rug. God forbid, if mama had died, would y'all have call it a mistake?? Some of y'all call it mistake, lemme give you an example, if you had a confirm receipe for a particular meal with strict adherance to the ingredient, would you complain of the food being too salty or pepperish. Your wife didn't make a mistake, she wasn't careless, it was intentional. Would she do that to her own mother, i guess no. Here's the thing OP, we thank God mama is alive, i understand what you're going through right now; anger, pain, betrayal. I'd advice you to take your time, let those pain thaw out like ice. Please don't forget to attend service today, talk to God, he'll direct you

Do u mind them!!!

if it was her mother, would she have behaved like that??
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Chopchopfine: 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sometimes the things some people do is pure wickedness.
Some women are just wicked!
This is not a mistake at all, it's just pure I don't care attitude. What does it cost to love another human, like seriously!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by streetzdreamz(m): 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lordbinsmar:

Why are you so daft to comprehend that OP said he warned her several times about the dangers of high sodium.
I won't condescend to your level. But when you are in similar situations keep consuming the subtle poison, both you and your innocent kids. Then don't forget to keep warning her SEVERALLY aswell.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by 07kjb: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
I laugh people of nowadays,so a house help has been cooking both food separately all this while maybe taking care of the kids too but your wife is lazy to do it for just two weeks....and some idiots are justifying her deed is terrible.....you may forgive her but try and be a Lord in your house from now on and be careful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by NoToPile: 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
Unfortunately my sweet mother left us

So sorry about your mum.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CSTRR: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
wirinet:

It shows you are not married. It's difficult to trust your own welfare on your wife not to talk of your mother's. It's even sometimes difficult to trust your with her own welfare.

When I am sick, I make sure I take care of myself and not depend on my wife. When she is sick, I take care of her. I buy her medicine and to make sure she takes them regularly, sometimes with quarrel.

Most women care most for the welfare of their children and mother than anyone else.
I don't need to be married for me to know when someone is being wicked.

If she knows how to care of her mother like you said, but she can't take care of yours to the same extent, then that is a problem.
And you obviously condone such crazy behavior.

This old woman is living under her roof.
Her only job is to ensure mama does not eat too much salt.

What is difficult about that, if she truly cares?

Some women would not ever make that kind of mistake she made, and those are kind of women that deserve the title of wife as far am concerned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by luminouz(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
dingbang:
grin

I have experienced a similar issue, i had this girl live with me for over three months. Omo, this babe and pepper be like twins. She cannot just live without pepper, as in, it is as if they cursed her to daydream about pepper. There has never been a day i didnt caution her about too much pepper in my food ...yet she would not change.

Until the d day..

She brought food for me to the office, the pepper was 100times more than the rice. When i ate the food, i cried. I was sweating, my hair pores on my head opened. It was as if my brain was evaporating out from my skull.

After close from work

I called her a witch, i shouted to her like never before, i made sure the neighbors heard my voice, i was mad, furious, in rage like the sun.

She saw the energy in me, and she changed for good. She never ever dared to pack pepper in the meals she cooked for me again.

Dear op, shout for your wife, let her experience the fierce nature of an angry lion. She will never misbehave again.
Lmaoooooo

Pepper wan kill you. grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by yemi1504: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.

There is a solution to this if you have the means, money that is. Once your mom gets well, that maid that knows how to cook her food along with her, should go back to your mother's house to be cooking her food while you get another maid for your house. Chikena. Also, treat that maid well to avoid had I known in the future. I will take this drastic decision if I were in your shoes, no matter how your wife feels about it. It will send a very strong message that there are consequences for being lackadaisical and lazy. My 2 cents.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CSTRR: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
Beremx:
Your wife has asked for forgiveness. What else do you want?

Waiting for misogynistic people like Kris’s.216 to come advice you to divorce your wife

His mother is no more thanks to her mistake.

Marriages have broken over much less.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by 07kjb: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
Salt by Theonlysonofher(m): 11:24am
Unfortunately my sweet mother left us
So sorry bro make una no de marry bad wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by yemi1504: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
dangotesmummy:
lipsrsealed

Don't leave your mother in care of your wife again.its very dangerous as you can see

Abi. And the way to do that is for the mother to go back to her house to prevent such opportunity from happening again.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by executive12: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
Thanks to God almighty that your mother made it alive. If your wife truly shows remorse, and you love her, you should try and forgive her. But be more watchful and more careful with her.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by folks4luv(f): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by mrvictor: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
OP knows his wife better than you do.
He has spent years with both his mother and his wife. That attitude towards his mother/his family didn't start today. It's likely more about the attitude than just feeding mistake. Pray you don't find yourselves in this situation. It's a difficult situation just like that of very hot tempered partner. You'd live in fear all your life. The uncertainty of where you stand with your partner scares. Only God can fix this by fixing her.

soundOsonic:
You haven't forgiven her, if at all you have you wouldn't be here posting this.
The only problem I saw here was lack of proper education from your wife.
Now sir, reason this: if she actually knew feeding her salt will lead to this; would she have fed her?
She was only careless and didn't take her diabetes serious.
She acknowledged her mistake and she had apologized already. I know this trying time is enough to pass blame, but blaming her wouldn't make the matter better or worse.

It was a silly mistake, even doctors makes mistakes, you too make mistakes, she had learnt. Go back to your house and clear it from your chest and celebrate the new year with your family.
Happy New year

Modified:
For those quoting me
For those saying it was intentional, you need to have sense. This isn't Nollywood movie it is real life.
The wife was only lazy and took her sickness for granted. This is the most logical explanation. It is still thesame reason why you poison yourselves taking alcohol, soft drinks, and food rich in oil and fats, though you are conscious of this fact this things are not good for you yet you take them, this is because you are not taking your health serious and you haven't seen with your eyes the implications what this things can cause.
The woman was conscious of the fact this things are not good, but she took it lightly because she haven't seen in first hand the implications.
I myself haven't seen first hand the implications of diabetics. I would have made same mistake due to laziness.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Jaculze(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Theonlysonofher:
While others are celebrating the new year today I am here sobbing because my marriage is at the verge of breaking.

I loved my wife with all my heart but I don't think I will ever forgive her for what she has done to my mother.

I am the only child of my mother. I have three sisters on my father's side.
I am married with two beautiful daughters. my mother suffered from diabetes, bp and high cholesterol. She is on a special diets strictly no salt or too much sugar.

She came to stay with me because the person who was taking care of her wasn't doing her job properly so I had to bring her to my house so I will be monitoring her health.

I have a house help who prepares all her meals with less salt and she also makes sure she takes her medicines on time without fail.
Everything was fine, my mother is not a troublesome person, she gets on well with my wife and most of the time she is in her room resting.

On the 20th of December my house help had traveled to the village to see her people and she will be back in January 4th so my wife and I have to take care of my mother making sure that her foods is less salty and medicines on time.

Since I am always working so my wife had to take most of the responsibility. It is only for a week and fews days until the house help is back.

She had agreed to take care of my mother during this periods of time and I thought everything was fine but I noticed my mother become distant and tired unlike her and I had no idea that she was actually dying and I have never suspected that my wife was maltreating her.

So Thursday being 30th December I was at work when my wife called and asked me to join her at the hospital because mama had a seizure.

I rushed to the hospital and my mother was in a coma state and I asked her what happened to mama, she said mama woke up that morning complaining about shortage of breath and she told her to go back to bed and rest hoping she will be fine by the time she will wake up.
Only for mama to fall off the ground and started shaking with foam coming out of her mouth.

I was in panicked I couldn't stop praying for my mother to get better and I didn't leave the hospital, my wife went home to take care of the children because she has left them with the neighbour and I had spend all night prayer vigil at my mother's bedside and glory be to God my mother woke up yesterday being 31st but the doctor report was not a good news for me.

Actually my mother was poisoned with salt and guess who did it? My beloved wife couldn't bothered to cook a different meal for my mother, she used to feed her the same meal we ate knowing full well that mama cannot eat the same foods as us because we are salt lovers, especially my wife, she love eating too much salt which I have warned her over and over again because it is also not good for her health.

I confronted her, she said she only fed mama the same meals we ate twice only but according to the doctor it was more than two times.

I am hurt that my wife doesnt love my mother or treat her like her own mother because if she truly loved her like her own mother she would have put her diet on consideration and not allow her to eat the same meal as us. I love her mother and u treat her like my own mother.

It pains me a lot when I remember five years ago when her mother was in coma state and she was staying with her at the hospital, she is her only daughter amongst three boys.

I used to visit them everyday after work, I will bring foods and I have even washed her mother clothes with my own hands, I have done with love because she is my mother. I called my mother in law this morning and I have informed her about what her daughter has done to my mother and she couldn't stop apologising and she is very disappointed with my wife.

But see how she has repaid me by hurting my own mother.

She has apologised to me and to my mother, I have forgave her but I don't think I can stay with her again because one day if I become sick or bedridden she might treat me the same way.

Honestly speaking I am not even at home with her and the kids, I am at my cousin brother's house since yesterday I left the hospital and my mother is still in the hospital because she needs more treatment and hopefully she will recover by next week.

I don't feel like going home today and I don't know when I'll go home but I will always be there for my girls because they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

What other advice would you give me on this situation? What are your thoughts? Thank you for reading all I love this community.
Gee, I understand your pain men, I totally feel how you feel cos our mothers are like the jewels of our heart. The honest truth is that nobody here can offer you the advice that might work cos we don't know the nature of your wife, but I think you should have a talk with your wife to see if she shows remorse and all of that. The body language and what she says should be the deciding factor.

Just take a few bottles of beer and reason the matter well (thats if you like alcohol). Sorry man.
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by CSTRR: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
07kjb:
I laugh people of nowadays,so a house help has been cooking both food separately all this while maybe taking care of the kids too but your wife is lazy to do it for just two weeks....and some idiots are justifying her deed is terrible.....you may forgive her but try and be a Lord in your house from now on and be careful
It's crazy, my brother.

A househelp can take care of my mother, but my own wife can't, even on a temporary basis?

The old woman freaking died. shocked

Nah.

She dey go her papa house.
That is the least she deserves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by dangotesmummy: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
yemi1504:

Abi. And the way to do that is for the mother to go back to her house to prevent such opportunity from happening again.
yes or invite the househelp to take care of her.wives usually or innately see their husbands mother as a baggage or an intruder who should not be seen around their husbands or exist.only a few genuinely love their mother in-laws the way they love their own mothers or children.the love for their children is unconditional but the love for their mother in-law are many times fake because there's no how if the doctor said their child was sick and should stay away from salt ,there is no way she will ever forget and if any househelp dares it she will come after her ruthlessly
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by dingbang(m): 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
luminouz:

Lmaoooooo

Pepper wan kill you. grin grin cheesy
as in my brother. I wan die eh. E come be like say she dey purposely do am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by goldmatrix(m): 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
It's you that is about hurting and tearing up the whole family apart. How can you say you won't stay with her? First your mum supposed to have complained immediately she tasted the food. That would have partly solved that problem. Forgive and tell her to apologise to your mum
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by Roon9(m): 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
calmness0:
Op, This is a very serious matter.

I honestly don't think your wife deliberately intended to poison your mother.

I believe it was just laziness on her part to Cook separate meals.

I tire for the poster. It was all negligence really. He's taking it too far
Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by 07kjb: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
mrvictor:
OP knows his wife better than you do.
He has spent years with both his mother and his wife. That attitude towards his mother/his family didn't start today. It's likely more about the attitude than just feeding mistake. Pray you don't find yourselves in this situation. It's a difficult situation just like that of very hot tempered partner. You'd live in fear all your life. The uncertainty of where you stand with your partner scares. Only God can fix this by fixing her.

Her mother only took the food because of hunger
The so called wife was starving the woman of her right menus.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by luminouz(m): 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
dingbang:
as in my brother. I wan die eh. E come be like say she dey purposely do am.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt by streetzdreamz(m): 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lordbinsmar:

You are daft once again, humans body system react to sodium level differently.

To some it might cause a reaction in the body system, to others the body system can regulate it. A lot of young people consume high level of sodium without any health complications.

The reason I said you are daft is that in this cause the innocent woman is old and the wicked wife knows about her health condition.

The OP even said he had warn his wife several to reduce their sodium consumption.

You blaming Op for something no related to the right up shows your inability to comprehend.

I am an educated person and I am very cautious of everything I consume especially salt and sugar.
You don't sound educated enough to engage in a meaningful exchange of different opinions without being insultive. I still won't go down to your level. I faulted the op because he knew better than the said wife but he kept eating her meals, ofcourse she wouldn't see any harm in salty meals. Your explanation up there further buttressed my point, the wife saw nothing wrong in salty meals because nobody in the family was reacting to it, apparently she overlooked Mama's meals as well, not considering her health history even when she was told. Hence the "nonchalant" in my initial post, but you wouldn't understand this basics because you were in a rush to insult, I hope you now feel better than you were before reading my post. Work more on your grammar, as I go back to learn comprehension. I won't agree all the errors in your post are just typos or because you were in a hurry to insult on a faceless forum. You expressly stated you are educated. Anyways I'm done with your ridiculously low level of engagement, last I checked I'm entitled to my opinion. You can keep jabbing away at the mouth just because my opinion negates yours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

South African Man Replies Troll Who Criticized His Wife's Beach Outfit / How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo) / My Wife Shows No Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.