Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri (6448 Views)

'EFCC Probe Them': Reno Omokri Releases Song On Tinubu, Dances In The Video / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by jneutron4000: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
KoshCAD:
See nairaland brave man. Your brave people just flee their homes in your edo cos of small boys fulani invasion.
That person you are replying is IPOB member pretending to be Edo person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
jneutron4000:
That person you are replying is IPOB member pretending to be Edo person.

He might also be OPC, Badoo boys or amotekun?

If you can't argue, step aside

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Tennessee85: 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2022
MelesZenawi:
It has never been disputed before.

Edo is Yoruba and that is what it has been.

Any contrary view should bring a sound evidence not hearsay.
Edo is not Yoruba. Grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
Tennessee85:

Any evidence to supersedes Reno own?
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Asiri1991: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Tennessee85:

Let them be. I know we are Bini and not Yoruba. The funniest thing here is that once you assert your origin against their analogy, they malign you to another tribe. Can't I exist on my own without being webbed with the Yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Tennessee85: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
Asiri1991:

Let them be. I know we are Bini and not Yoruba. The funniest thing here is that once you assert your origin against their analogy, they malign you to another tribe. Can't I exist on my own without being webbed with the Yorubas?
Oga, I'm Yoruba, and I know that Binis (not "Edo" as I initially wrote) are not Yoruba.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

That's cool though ! To finally erase the connection, we advise that you revert to Ogiso,the original tittle of your ancient rulers. The word "Oba" is a Yoruba word that was brought to ile ibinu - Benin by Oranmiyan. Oranmiyan is recognized as the first Oba of Benin and founder of the Eweka dynasty, which is still ruling in Benin till today.

Obatala,according to Yoruba tradition,was the first king - first Oba. The world "Oba" was coined from Obatala....ObaAla. Orunmila is the owner of all Yoruba Oba's crown - including that of Benin Oba. Orunmila gave the crown,which he got from the Olodumare (God) as a gift, to Obatala to wear.

1) ogiso story is not based in reality, it is just a story made up for folktale.
2) The only title which was witnessed for the emperor of Benin is OBA
3) until quite late in the colonial era, yoruba chiefs were referred as such: " oni of Ife, sir adesoji aderemi", the word Oba didn't appear on their name nor on their description until late in the colonial era (around 1930's) when the oni of ife (adesoji aderemi) copied the Benin title in replacement of the British title "sir". Thus the title of the oni became: "oni of Ife, oba adesoji aderemi."
3) obatala, oromiyan, oduduwa are all fictional characters made up by story tellers, they never existed.
4) all stories of migration from Ife are LIES, Ife was a small settlement until 1912 when the British started building it up.

5) Benin was an empire whose capital is called Benin city ! There is no comparison between Benin and recently (1824) made up yoruba tribe whose definition has kept changing from its inception in 1824.

6) you yoruba guys should stop talking about Benin, is it too hard to just mind your own business and leave us alone ? Why the constant harassment ? Is this your show of sophistication ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Tennessee85: 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Any evidence to supersedes Reno own?
Reno Omokri is not an Historian so I don't take his utterly spurious piffle filled with fictitious claims seriously. Binis aren't Yoruba, and you are also wrong to say "Edos" are Yoruba. So-called "Edos" aren't monolithic. You have Bini, Esan, Okpameri, Yoruba in Edo State. The Bini monarchy has Yoruba roots (I know Bini revisionists will cry at this), but the Bini people themselves aren't Yoruba, even though some of them like the Usen people are of Yoruba descent.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
oga angry man. Ask your dad where the head of past Obas of BENIN are buried. It will shock you to note this that there is a place in Ile Ife where all past Obas are buried. The place is a form of cemetery but is only for BENIN Obas. When any Obas dies, his head is cut off and taken to Ile Ife for final burial rites. Till this day that cemetery is still there and functional
Whomever told you this rubbish, which you are repeating without any proof whatsoever, that person conned you. No Oba of Benin has ever been buried in ife, one Oba of Benin was buried in Calabar, but ife...that never happened. It makes you guys feel important to believe Benin empire is attached to Ife, but a reality check is needed for your delusions, Ife was a small village untill 1912 when the British started building it up. Benin was an empire ! Got it ?

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
Tennessee85:
Reno Omokri is not an Historian so I don't take his utterly spurious piffle filled with fictitious claims seriously. Binis aren't Yoruba, and you are also wrong to say "Edos" are Yoruba. So-called "Edos" aren't monolithic. You have Bini, Esan, Okpameri, Yoruba in Edo State. The Bini monarchy has Yoruba roots (I know Bini revisionists will cry at this), but the Bini people themselves aren't Yoruba, even though some of them like the Usen people are of Yoruba descent.
Reno omokri never said Benin and yoruba were one, Reno omokri doesn't even claim to be a yoruba, but trust yoruba scam artists on nairaland to twist words right and left and make fantasy titles and put words in other people's mouths.

For your information no part of Benin is yoruba, and we are very much monolithic eventhough outsiders like your yoruba people and the Igbo people keep trying to devide us.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Tennessee85: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
Truthvalue44:

Reno omokri never said Benin a s yoruba were one, Reno omokri doesn't even claim to be a yoruba, but trust yoruba scam artists on nairaland to twist words right and left and make fantasy titles and put words in other people's mouths.
Are you alright in the head at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by NaMe4: 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Will his anger change the history?

No need to be angry but rather embrace the oneness and connection.

Remember you're online. Anyone can claim anything.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by NaMe4: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Do you know what it means to dig a moat around a city as big as bini?

I hope you are not trying to insinuate with this made in Osoghbo folklore that Yorubas dug the Bini moat and rampart, because both were built the same time.

I hope you are aware these two structures are the biggest man made structures in the pre-mechanical era?

You'll see lots of rubbish online.

The Benin moats were built by the Binis during the era of Oba Oguola and was used as a defence mechanism.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
Tennessee85:
Are you alright in the head at all?

I am right in the head, I'm just one billion times smarter than you, and that is what makes you think I am "not right in the head".
Fun fact: extremely dumb people tend to confuse intelligence with madness.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Asiri1991: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
Tennessee85:
Oga, I'm Yoruba, and I know that Binis (not "Edo" as I initially wrote) are not Yoruba.

Good. I respect your humanity for standing for the truth; or at least, for yourself. May God bless you richly my neighbour.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
NaMe4:

The Benin moats were built by the Binis during the era of Oba Oguola and was used as a defence mechanism.
The name is Edo not "Bini" also, the yoruba click of storytelling revisionists have been set on a mission to claim every part of Benin glory for decades now...each day comes with a new yoruba claim.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2022
Asiri1991:

Good. I respect your humanity for standing for the truth; or at least, for yourself. May God bless you richly my neighbour.

Don't flatter him so quickly, he is also claiming a part of Benin as belonging to yoruba, and watch how he separates "Bini" and " Edo", it is in the blood of these yoruba peoples, they need to claim something Benin, they can't breath without a claim on Benin.

If care is not taken, soon the yorubas will be calling for some Benin bronzes to be renamed Ife bronze and be deposed in Ife palace/shrine.

The Igbo already attempted to hijack that Benin cockerel by claiming the name the British used to refer to it were an Igbo name and therefore it automatically belongs to igbo. I wouldn't be surprised when the yoruba start turning their own tricks in regards to Benin bronzes, especially given how they have stolen the title of our emperor, and keep trying to hijack our history and glory
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by NaMe4: 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
Truthvalue44:

The name is Edo not "Bini" also, the yoruba click of storytelling revisionists have been set on a mission to claim every part of Benin glory for decades now...each day comes with a new yoruba claim.

You're right.
I actually wanted to write it in parenthesis in the earlier post - it's actually the Edos; as using 'the Binis' is a common misnomer.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Asiri1991: 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
Truthvalue44:

Don't flatter him so quickly, he is also claiming a part of Benin as belonging to yoruba, and watch how he separates "Bini" and " Edo", it is in the blood of these yoruba peoples, they need to claim something Benin, they can't breath without a claim on Benin.

You get it. The thing is: the success of our empire is historically unprecedented in west Africa. Simple matrix would review that the ancient city of Benin was described to be developed and civilized with paved roads and the strong rulership of the Oba. One wonders how it is possible to have migrated from Ife - a suburb of the Yoruba neighbourhood that up till date has no town planning. Does one give out what he has not? Not at all. Any way, I commend him for standing for the truth, though skeletal.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by VEHINTOLAR: 2:01am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

1) ogiso story is not based in reality, it is just a story made up for falktale.
3) until quite late in the colonial era, yoruba cjmhiefs were referred as such: " oni of Ife, sir adesoji aderemi", the word Oba fmdidn'y appear on their name nor on their description until late in the colonial era (around 1930's) when the oni of ife copied the Benin title in replacement of the British title "sir".
3[b]) obatala, iramiyan, oduduwa are all fictional characters made up by story tellers, they 'ever existed.[/b]
4) all stories of migration from Ife are LIES, Ife was a small settlement until 1912 when the British started building it up.

5) Benin was an empire whose capital is called Benin city ! There is no comparison between Benin and recently (1824) made up yoruba tribe whose definition has kept changing from its inception in 1824.

6) you yoruba guys should stop talking about Benin, is it too hard to just mind your own business and leave us alone ? Why the constant harassment ? Is this your show of sophistication ?

Gibberish ! Meanwhile,argue with the attached pictures. Even the British don't believe your obvious lies ! The bolded part shows clearly that you're a toddler ! Your mouth reeks of fresh milk; you must have just finished sucking mama's breast ! Please,pay attention to how the kings were seated hierarchically by the British Royals - Nigeria's colonial masters at the Buckingham palace. Look at Ooni's position and OmoNoba's; the difference is clear !

If we may ask you,Mr Benin Empire,what was your oba doing at a conference of YORUBA OBA in 1937 as shown in the attached pictures ?

Ode !

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 06, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

If we may ask you,Mr Benin Empire,what was your oba doing at a conference of YORUBA OBA in 1937 as shown in the attached pictures ?

Ode !

The name of the conference was " conference of chiefs of western Nigeria". The paper which you are quoting was written by your revisionist brothers who changed the title of the meeting. You seem to confuse the paper which you are quoting with the original colonial papers which called the meeting: "conference of chiefs of western Nigeria". In the colonial era chiefs of the various regions had conferences which were organised by the British colonisers.

You guys lie too much, it is your yoruba tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by VEHINTOLAR: 2:38am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

The name of the conference was " conference of chiefs of western Nigeria". It is your revisionist brothers who changed the title on the paper which you seem to confuse with the original colonial papers.

Lol ! I can see how desperate you're ! If I may ask you,is this all about superiority contest or something ? Can't you Bini or whatever you call yourselves see that even in contemporary times,the Yoruba are superior to you in all spheres of life ? Do you guy honestly believe that Yoruba need Bini or Edo for anything ? Trust me,you guys are inconsequential ! Yoruba are pace setters;we ain't competing with anybody. We achieved so many enviable things even before some European nations. The records are there,man. Wetin dey worry una self ? All LGAs where your beloved Bini are found in Edo combined,are not up to 1/4 of Ibadan alone !

Go and sleep Bini boy,okay ?

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 06, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol ! I can see how desperate you're ! If I may ask you,is this all about superiority contest or something ? Can't you Bini or whatever you call yourselves see that even in contemporary times,the Yoruba are superior to you in all spheres of life ? Do you guy honestly believe that Yoruba need Bini or Edo for anything ? Trust me,you guys are inconsequential ! Yoruba are pace setters;we ain't competing with anybody. We achieved so many enviable things even before some European nations. The records are there,man. Wetin dey worry una self ? All LGAs where your beloved Bini are found in Edo combined,are not up to 1/4 of Ibadan alone !

Go and sleep Bini boy,okay ?

Look, stop talking about us, talk about yourselves and leave us alone. Stop dragging us into your madness !
Your obsession with my people is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 06, 2022
Mad people who would just wake up one day and start making claims about you and glorifying themselves and trying to put you down...mental health facilities are not doing their job well in the South west.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:16am On Jan 06, 2022
The real title of the conference:

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 06, 2022
An other of the conferences:

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 06, 2022
1) ogiso story is not based in reality, it is just a story made up for folktale.
3) until quite late in the colonial era, yoruba chiefs were referred as such: " oni of Ife, sir adesoji aderemi", the word Oba didn't appear on their name nor on their description until late in the colonial era (around 1930's) when the oni of ife (adesoji aderemi) copied the Benin title in replacement of the British title "sir". Thus the title of the oni became: "oni of Ife, oba adesoji aderemi."
3) obatala, oromiyan, oduduwa are all fictional characters made up by story tellers, they never existed.

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by OFFICIAL336: 5:57am On Jan 06, 2022
NaMe4:

I was shocked when that Yoruba guy posted their fake history, claiming they dug the Bini moat, one of the biggest man made structures before the mechanical era.

TmkSouth

You see what we are saying about these tribeless people? They are always claiming what they don't have

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by OFFICIAL336: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:
3) obatala, oromiyan, oduduwa are all fictional characters made up by story tellers, they 'ever existed.

TmkSouth come and read

I told you Yoruba tribe was a recent construct. There was nothing like Yoruba in the 18th century. Those that call themselves Yoruba today were all independent homogenous ethnic nationalities previously fighting wars to eliminate themselves.

They still hate themselves today.

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by OFFICIAL336: 6:07am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

The name of the conference was " conference of chiefs of western Nigeria". The paper which you are quoting was written by your revisionist brothers who changed the title of the meeting. You seem to confuse the paper which you are quoting with the original colonial papers which called the meeting: "conference of chiefs of western Nigeria". In the colonial era chiefs of the various regions had conferences which were organised by the British colonisers.

You guys lie too much, it is your yoruba tradition.
Sorry, lying is in their tradition. Kindly bear with them.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by Asiri1991: 6:28am On Jan 06, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

I was shocked when that Yoruba guy posted their fake history, claiming they dug the Bini moat, one of the biggest man made structures before the mechanical era.

TmkSouth

You see what we are saying about these tribeless people? They are always claiming what they don't have

What they can't achieve, they try to steal. They dug our moats in Bini but had none in Yoruba land. Such senility of thoughts.
Re: Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri by EnEnPeecee: 7:15am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthvalue44:

3) obatala, oromiyan, oduduwa are all fictional characters made up by story tellers, they 'ever existed.

that means you don't even know anything about your place. The present Oba Ewuare confirmed it in the presence of oni of Ife on NTA that the are children of Oduduwa. My friend try to read

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ganduje's Ward Exco Debunks Ex-Governor's Suspension, Blame NNPP / NLC Faults Move To Change Minimum Wage Law / #PresidentialReadingTime; President Jonathan Reads Just Before Bed Time (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.