Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru (31823 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk / Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph / Farouk Adamu: "The Oil Belongs To Jigawa, We'll Use Our Blood To Protect It" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Maxymilliano(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
I Hope To See My Son Again In My Lifetime, Abdul Mutallab, Father Of Jailed ‘Underwear Bomber’ Farouk, Says

Alhaji Umaru Abdul Mutallab, father of Farouk Abdul Mutallab, who is serving a life sentence in a United States prison for terrorism, has expressed hope of seeing his son again in his lifetime.

Farouk at the age of 23 had attempted to detonate plastic explosives hidden in his underwear aboard Northwest Airlines Flight 253.

The aircraft was flying from Amsterdam to Detroit, Michigan, on Christmas Day, 2009, when the incident happened.

He was sentenced to life in prison without parole after he had pleaded guilty to attempting to blow up a commercial plane as a would-be suicide mission for al-Qaeda.

Almost 300 people were on the flight from Amsterdam to Detroit.

Farouk was badly burned when the bomb sewn into his underwear failed to detonate fully, prosecutors said.

His father affirmed that he is touch with his son.

“Yes, he phones us, sometimes two times, sometimes three times in a month.

“We cannot phone him. He’s the one who can phone us and we do speak.

“As a matter of fact, his mother, one of his brothers and one of his sisters were with him about three weeks ago.

“They visited him under very strict prison guidelines. But we would keep on praying to Almighty Allah.

Maybe one day… maybe in my lifetime we would see him back.

But it is a situation whereby he has three life sentences, plus 40 years. It is a lot.

“But only Almighty Allah will bring us into a situation of seeing him in this world, with his siblings here in Nigeria,” he said.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/01/05/i-hope-see-my-son-again-my-lifetime-abdul-mutallab-father-jailed-%E2%80%98underwear-bomber%E2%80%99?fbclid=IwAR3DrqEsyu0W7F15E98br28geNVdXwJoyEb_lcRUBUGSjb4TikuXf58975o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by velocity25(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2022
Go and sit down,if your terrorist son have succeeded in his mission, will you be dreaming to see he again?

436 Likes 32 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by festacman(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
What a waste of life for wanting to commit mass murder over trashy religious ideology.

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by OssyMalik: 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
Nigeria corrupt justice system would have released him and Buhari given him a political appointment. In US, things don’t work that way.
His father should kiss him goodbye

224 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by RagaMufeen(m): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
American would never release him.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Kriss216: 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
Maybe one day… maybe in my lifetime we would see him back.
No, you will not see him back. America does not negotiate with terrorists.

The only time you'll see him back is at the apportioning of the 72 virgins. He might get 90 virgins cos of his heroic act, in Islamic standard.

238 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Jack005(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
A terrorist wants to see his terrorist son.. Lol

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by slivertongue: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
He is gone forever. Gone with the wind

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Bola146(f): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
I could remember that year angry sad

17 Likes

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Maxymilliano(m): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2022
But if the son had succeeded in his mission how would he have seen him in his lifetime ?

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by longetivity(m): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
I hate terrorist

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Deborah98(f): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
So I'll leave what I'm doing and how to better my life and family and be thinking of how to bomb myself and others in a plane or anywhere at all. This world is a mystery and it baffles me a lot. Who knows where he learnt,read or saw this and decided to give it a try or could someone possibly be responsible for this or even sponsor him to do this? Cos I know some of them are sponsored.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by SportsHD: 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
OssyMalik:
Nigeria corrupt justice system would have released him
Like kabiru sokoto, the famous bokoharam soldier. I wonder where he is now.

11 Likes

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Kriss216: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
Maxymilliano:
But if the son had succeeded in his mission how would he have seen him in his lifetime ?
Nice question.

Exactly why I said he will see him only during apportioning of virgins in aljannah.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by chatinent: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
If the mission was a success, where would he see such a son who doesn't value life?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by SportsHD: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
He's probably chilling with them elchapo, una bomber, and those IRA terrorists in Alcatraz.

23 hours a day locked in a tiny room 24/7 seems nice. At least, he knew what the consequences of his actions would be.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by illicit(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
We don't want to see him in Nigeria again o abeg....

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Maxymilliano(m): 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
Kriss216:

Nice question.

Exactly why I said he will see him only during apportioning of virgins in aljannah.
Lol .. Una no go kill person with laff

34 Likes

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by seunmsg(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2022
He was 23 years when he attempted to blow up the plane. Young, naive, idealistic and brainwashed. He was manipulated to believe he was going to do God’s work. He’s a victim of religion brainwashing. Sadly, all the above doesn’t matter. He will remain in prison till death comes calling.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Truthisunique: 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
I don't know why Muslims don't have shame

Shame dey even let you identify with a Terrorist

I am sure even the bomber would still be unrepentant claiming he did it for allah

[s]
ThatFairGuy1:
Well I won't too blame you, that's what media made u to believe

He was brainwashed to have thought killing innocent minds would earn him whatever. HE KNOWS BETTER NOW

Besides commiting suicide in Islam is abomination, Hellfire will be the abode of whoever kill him/herself.

Meanwhile the only Terrorist known to us are Igbo Catholic and Jews. Those who cannibalizes, behead and burn fellow man
[/s]Yoruba Muslim trash

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Truthisunique: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
[s]
seunmsg:
He was 23 years when he attempted to blow up the plane. Young, naive, idealistic and brainwashed. He was manipulated to believe he was going to do God’s work. He’s a victim of religion brainwashing. Sadly, all the above doesn’t matter. He will remain in prison till death comes calling.
[/s]He was naive at 23

Truly Yoruba Muslims are potential Terrorists

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2022
If only your son was sensible enough to know that he was making a mistake he was gonna regret for the rest of his life..
Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by NLandIsHypocrit: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
OssyMalik:
Nigeria corrupt justice system would have released him and Buhari given him a political appointment. In US, things don’t work that way.
His father should kiss him goodbye
Don't you know that the reason why he's speaking out this way is because he now has some hope that the guy could be released by his fellow terrorists who are in power right now who also shares the same ideology of terrorism, he's trying to draw their attention and don't be surprised that the news may only carry the story of his release after 1 yr of his secret release. Don't doubt me.

6 Likes

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by CUMIN: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
All this rich people children are nonsense. They are good for nothing except davido.

8 Likes

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by headbasher96(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
U could have even bailed him if united state was nigeria but alas the united state of america is not terrorist infested so just continue enjoying your supervised visits

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by FarahAideed: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
You allowed your son to be radicalized now you are complaining..Well what is stopping you from visiting him in GBay ? Abi they don't allow them see family members? .. remember if your son had succeeded in properly detonating his panty bomb you still wouldn't be able to see him again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by techWriter3: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
A terror does to see his terror son.. Lol

1 Like

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by ThatFairGuy1: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
Well I won't too blame you, that's what media made u to believe

He was brainwashed to have thought killing innocent minds would earn him whatever. HE KNOWS BETTER NOW

Besides commiting suicide in Islam is abomination, Hellfire will be the abode of whoever kill him/herself.

Meanwhile the only Terrorist known to us are Igbo Catholic and Jews. Those who cannibalizes, behead and burn fellow man
Truthisunique:
[s][/s]He was naive at 23

Truly Yoruba Muslims are potential Terrorists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Terorislam: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
But when he was growing that evil and satanic mark in his foe head, you kept quiet, even Yoruba Muslims miscreants knew your son will never come back

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by Mercury12(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
The US I don't trust will release him. If at all they ever gonna release him they will inject him so he die slowly every single day.. The USA see those kinda people as threat

Only God can save him because it was the will of God that the bomb didn't went off on that flight

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by luizpippo(m): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
If it was during this regime he got into this, Buhari, Malami and probably Abike's agency would have scrambled around to tell us how he was set up by the late Shekau, then try to help him go free while integrating him into the DSS.

The failed detonation must have affected his manhood self, so how is he gonna handle his 72 virgins?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru by BlackyOne: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2022
I'm shocked you still want to see him, was it because he failed in an attempt to kill 300 persons mid air, you have failed as a father and your son will die alone in jail.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Daura Planned To Install New NASS Leaders / Wike, Ganduje’s Election Victories Under Threat / Buhari And Olu Jacobs: Same Dementia, Different Narratives - Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.