Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. (44379 Views)

My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by CountVersailles(f): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
taneez:

For someone like you typing like this, e be like say you sef get am for body. Yet, you will be expecting a man to wife you too. I hope somebody's son sees you for who you are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by bigcee(m): 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
Aidejay:
Your wife is trying to reduce you, she is trying to pull you down and going after your job which she feels is important to you and relevant to your standing in life is a means for her to beat you down and threaten you.

she has put you in a corner, now you're trying to save your marriage, save your child and save your job.

for a woman to be going after your source of income that is funding the family and her lifestyle is another level of wickedness in high places.
What a fantastic comment. 10 Olosho for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:
My wife and I have been married for over 3 years now with a beautiful daughter who is 2years plus but things are falling apart everyday.

Whenever we had arguments she will want to sabotage my job. Couple of months ago, we had an argument and I was to give update to my team via teams meeting (I work from home)..My wife keep raising her voice, I left the living room and went to bedroom lock the door behind to continue with my meeting but surprisingly to me, my wife went through the window and started the drama again.

Just yesterday there was another drama and she picked my phone unknowingly and call my overall boss.

Note: it is from this job am sponsoring her Masters in one of the centers in Uniport and also feeding the family. More than 70% of my monthly earnings goes to her. I am not a social person..I don't drink and either spend lavishly.

My wife is a very proud person and she has this obvious non challant attitude which are all seen by family members. Everybody keep talking about her but she's not changing. Although I have my own differences as well but she believe I can't control her. She's not submissive at all...I can say that over again and again.

Even while she's doing her masters, I was the one taking care of my daughter at home (thanks to covid)..in fact all my team members knows my daughter as my second colleague. I believe we all know how working from home with kids is like.

Please I need your advice. I am already thinking of divorce but the fear of loosing my daughter to her custody is my biggest challenge.

I am loosing my mind.

Please push to FP!

Lucky you are in Nigeria. Cut out from that lady. All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by bigcee(m): 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2022
Iyaebe:
It is common knowledge on nairaland that I hate guys that works from home,bitcoin, and any other online money making rubbish. So I don't have eyes for him and his likes.You know what I like and don't pretend about it
You go just open the toilet you call mouth to spew nonsense. You like to say nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by jeff1607(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
I say it n will always say ur, never marry a woman you as a man can’t control

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Awkabigboy: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
Belleful:
[s]What is making u guys quarrel almost everyday? If ur wife is not submissive, stop trying to be too bossing. Sit her down and try to talk things over. Make her understand the danger of u losing ur job and how it with affect the both of u. But if she doesn't change, u gat do d needful. Run for ur life. Ur wife is the type that can do anything just to get back at u, which is seriously bad and dangerous. Wake up man[/s]
Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by emonis88: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
ayenika1:

All these red flags and you still got married?

What does she do for living?

She's your wife, therefore, you need to man up. Sit her down, ask her questions, don't hide your feelings and don't be too negative about her all through. Don't refer to past events too much. Make it brief and tell her your plans for the family. Ask her what she wants as well. Answer her truthfully to your ability.

If it persist

What's your relationship with your inlaws? If it's cordial, that's the next step. Don't state all these above, just tell them to please appeal to her in making the home friendly that gradually things would be fine.

If it further persist

Take a decision.
Op if u listen to this advice, u go enter deeper waters, first stop any money going for her masters program, stay away from her for sometime, then if she is not repentant, u il ve to send her to her father's house for sometime, be aware that there is a possibility ur wife is seeing another man, outside, that is making her behave the way she does, she wants to destroy u by sabotaging ur job,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by taneez(f): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
CountVersailles:

For someone like you typing like this, e be like say you sef get am for body. Yet, you will be expecting a man to wife you too. I hope somebody's son sees you for who you are

I am already a wife and my husband is blessed. This is a faceless forum there is no point of proving myself to you. It is either most of these stories are made up or these married people don't want to have sense.

FYI- most female engineers gat no time for nonsense. We like peace of mind grin

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by kunle75(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:
My wife and I have been married for over 3 years now with a beautiful daughter who is 2years plus but things are falling apart everyday.

Whenever we had arguments she will want to sabotage my job. Couple of months ago, we had an argument and I was to give update to my team via teams meeting (I work from home)..My wife keep raising her voice, I left the living room and went to bedroom lock the door behind to continue with my meeting but surprisingly to me, my wife went through the window and started the drama again.

Just yesterday there was another drama and she picked my phone unknowingly and call my overall boss.

Note: it is from this job am sponsoring her Masters in one of the centers in Uniport and also feeding the family. More than 70% of my monthly earnings goes to her. I am not a social person..I don't drink and either spend lavishly.

My wife is a very proud person and she has this obvious non challant attitude which are all seen by family members. Everybody keep talking about her but she's not changing. Although I have my own differences as well but she believe I can't control her. She's not submissive at all...I can say that over again and again.

Even while she's doing her masters, I was the one taking care of my daughter at home (thanks to covid)..in fact all my team members knows my daughter as my second colleague. I believe we all know how working from home with kids is like.

Please I need your advice. I am already thinking of divorce but the fear of loosing my daughter to her custody is my biggest challenge.

I am loosing my mind.

Please push to FP!

Kick her out before you do something stupid after loosing your mind.

You need your peace and you can coparenting together in peace too.
My pennies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by oodua1stson: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:

I am loosing my mind.

Please push to FP!
personally I can never live with such person. I'd have sent her away since. But you can continue with her if you want to remain a fool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by WHITELIGHTER: 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
Kriss216:

A wife you're doing all these for, yet she's not submissive?
Nothing about marriage favours the man. I knew this from my failed marriage.
What are you guys enjoying in this institution called marriage?

No woman in this world is worth your peace of mind.

Men are living in bondage all in the name of marriage and having children....chai, see legit suffer
OP divorce her and face ur life or else u won't improve/develope personally and otherwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Henz81: 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:

I am loosing my mind.

Please push to FP!
Report her to your Pastor.
Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by elantraceey(f): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
Didn't you live with her for a short while before getting married to her? I really don't understand how you men see certain traits in women and still go ahead and marry them.... Is it hope? Or blind love?

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by micflo28(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
Get her a job and stop paying for her masters programme. She has had enough of you and became lazy and entitled. Your daughter is your priority.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by abimic(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
Jondelng:
Rent a small room outside for 6 months. Take your child. Let her fend for herself
Frankly, you would have seen the signs, you either just didn't take note well enough or you thought she would change. Something would have given you a clue. Me like respect and submission o............................No one's daughter can come and stress my simple sef. Relationships/Marriages without respect from both parties would be running into issues every now and then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by like1: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:

I am loosing my mind.

Please push to FP!

What worked for me might not work for you.
So this is my story, My wife started such, always shouting, going crazy like a mad market woman on a daily basis, I swear, we dated for 3 years before marriage and for once I never saw such. I tried to stop arguing or exchanging words with her, started buying random gifts here and there, but these acts were very temporary, as the effect last not up to 4 hours and she starts again. I was really frustrated, I didn't want to report to anyone as our marriage was new.

But then out of frustration, I didn't know when I changed it for her, I started my own madness, anytime she starts, I will just start behaving like a tout, and later leave straight to the nearest hotel. On the first time, I stayed there for 3 days. I dropped no money at home while I was staying at the hotel, if she calls I will pick. When she starts ranting of not droppping money at home, I told her I used the money to pay for hotel accommodation. After, the second night, she starts pleading I come home that she has changed. I stayed one more day, returned home. This calmed her down for near a week or so and she started again. I repeated same, this time she had to report me to our parents and hers too. They called I told them straight that they should inform her that if she doesn't behave, next one I will leave the house for her.

On my return, the second time, I now carry problem come and totally changed it, I started shouting and behaving like a tout why she should report me, I did the shouting for days. Till she now resolved that she has finally changed and started advising me that I shouldn't behave that way since I am older than her and the man of the house and should be the one advising and calming her down. She really changed this time, since then when there is an issue, even if we don't agree, she argues and get angry like a normal human being without that rascal shouting and all. Peace have returned for the time and everybody is happy again.

But in any case, I have resolved to look for another accommodation if she continues.

Not sure what will work for you, try a bit the hard way and see if it solves the problem. You really have to fight for your peace. If the hard way doesn't resolve the problem, then true true she is tired of the marriage, just find your way. Leave your daughter with her, she would always be fine.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by micflo28(m): 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
Meanwhile, before nairalanders marshal out condemnations on the lady, invite her to come and tell her part of the story. We can’t work with only your story. There must be balances.
Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by tuboi: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
Jondelng:
Rent a small room outside for 6 months. Take your child. Let her fend for herself

Best solution….just disappear for a couple of months without her been able to reach you….I’m sure that will reset her brain…..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
kansoboy:
1. U are not been truthful to Urself..I guess Ur father's and Ur fore fathers who have been reduced to nothing by Ur mother's have not been able to man up and talk to u one in one the implications on marrying a woman who is not calm and cool headed...
If the OP is enjoying the marriage, he would not have cried out.

To solve a problem, u have to fine the root cause. If you don't remind the op how he ignored the signs during courtship, he will go ahead and repeat
1. Your forefathers did all that "manning up" yet we still end up where you are today? What does that tell you of all there supposed efforts?

2. The Op didn't tell you anything about ignoring signs during courtship. As a matter of fact, he explained that he knew the woman he was marrying... only now her character has become troubling and this as a result of arguments they couple have been having. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by soso208: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2022
Kriss216:

Says a broke and wretched Nigerian girl with just 2 Bras and 3 pants.
she doesn't use pants, and her underwear is not up to 3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by micflo28(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
You all should know that a woman will never behave the same way she behaved in courtship while in marriage. This is because she has a base now and can unveil her true nature, she feels threatened that other women may take her man if she is not domineering and wants to dominate to protect and preserve her husbands resources. Lastly, a bad friend somewhere is influencing her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by mexioni(m): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
I once had a colleague whose wife would come down to the office to embarrass him before everyone in the office complex, they have 6 children together and he was just a dispatch rider. I won't tell you how the story ended.

Fear bad woman sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by UncleKoboko: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:

I am loosing my mind.

Please push to FP!
Forget about your daughter for now for your peace of mind. She knows she can use your daughter to manipulate you into not wanting divorce and that's why she's not willing to change.

Your daughter will find you later. Divorce that evil manipulator have your peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dybala11:

Imagine, and you sat down to type this. May I never jam somebody like this o, no peace of mind fah.
amen ooo,you wey no kuku get money kikikiki
Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by SmartMen: 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:

Even while she's doing her masters, I was the one taking care of my daughter at home (thanks to covid)..in fact, all my team members know my daughter as my second colleague. I believe we all know how working from home with kids is like.

Please I need your advice. I am already thinking of divorce but the fear of losing my daughter to her custody is my biggest challenge.

I am losing my mind.

Please push to FP!

Did you not see these signs before you married her? How are you just finding out? See, for those who may have your kind of personality, I would advice that they top it up with an extra layer of madness.

Be gentle and at the same time be fierce... You wife knows you are too gentle and that is why she is behaving that way. She won't dare such if she knew you have some form madness to match her insanity.

This is why I don't advice guys who are too gentle not to date women who are more exposed than them. Your personality does not need a woman like that in your life.

If you dont man up and start curing her madness, she will never change.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Goldbw122(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
My brother just take hearth, that woman want to destroy your life and business, you just have to call family meeting so that they will advice her, and you have been dating her, you should have find out the character she possesses like you should have offended her for a test in the period of dating so that she can show you are real character .. now it is just too late well use a Solomon sense..
Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Pataricatering(f): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2022
Kriss216:

A wife you're doing all these for, yet she's not submissive?

What are you guys enjoying in this institution called marriage?

No woman in this world is worth your peace of mind.
there are women who do everything you bolded and more - di they ask for submission from their husbands? Submission will choke you there

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by jesmond3945: 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2022
oladiddy:

Honestly...I didn't see this coming...it happen so fast. We only dated for about 7 months.

I just hated my self.
stop working from home. Try and be going out. You can rent an office space were you can go and work. This is for sanity sake. When a woman is not supportive or showing disrespect, is because she has assumed control of the house. She feels entitled. You have to make earn the money you give to her. Why do you give her 70 percent while you stay at home and still do house chores? What about your future? If you divorce her and you loose your job, what are you going to fall back on? Cut down the money you give, invest in your future. Go to market and buy foodstuff if you can. Give her what is necessary. Support her to get a job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by UncleKoboko: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
[s]
Iyaebe:
Please send a DM, I'm a marriage counselor and I can counsel you and help the marriage. Price is affordable.I like how your wife went through the window to continue the drama,it's sexy and i can do same.All this little little drama is sweet in a marriage, I can't marry and everywhere will be quiet,no na.I don't support her disrespecting you and even allowing third party to know of the drama,it is bad.But that type of drama that's toxic free is very good and healthy for a marriage.
[/s]
You have a very nasty reputation on this forum. No one will take you seriously.

Go fk yourself!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by ShenTeh(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
harqinhola:
That makes two of us .

May you find peace and joy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
UncleKoboko:
[s][/s]
You have a very nasty reputation on this forum. No one will take you seriously.

Go fk yourself!
My counseling business is not for your type, you are so uncouth
Re: My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. by Pataricatering(f): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
Kriss216:

Says a broke and wretched Nigerian girl with just 2 Bras and 3 pants.
kris , go and find d a girlfriend - it's 8bvious konji is making you frustrated - all dis hate wey u get for women no fit solve your problem .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.