Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel (3368 Views)

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring / The Biblical Jesus Referred To The Gentiles As 'dogs' / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Myer:

Interesting post.
But why is your moniker "AntiChristian?"

aren't my views over 70% anti-Christian?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:25am On Jan 10, 2022
achorladey:

I can only laugh when you tell me Jesus meant that the OTHER SHEEP are the scattered lost sheep of house of Israel grin

Does your mind tell you something that had been scattered can equally get lost or become lost?

Scattered people migrate and inter/intra-marry! How can they be gathered?

From the main bible verse you quoted anyone outside the LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL was welcomed when they draw near to him(Jesus). Correct?

Yes, only when they force themselves with strong faith!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2022
waldigit:

The same way he was sent by the father, also He sent us to finish the mission. He merely started it. The real mission is to save whosoever is willing to be saved.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The options are :

1.that Jesus lied in the verses i brought which makes your Mark verse correct

2.or that his world was the lost sheep of Israel only.

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Jan 10, 2022
Chibuezem:
you think quoting the Bible out of context will convince spirit filled Christians
Muhammed was a pedophile who raped children you my friend are his disciple

Also you spilling nonsense won't move anyone except holy spirit hatred filled bigots like you! You must be from the yeast!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:50am On Jan 10, 2022
NNTR:

1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God
but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Give us Jesus's words not Paul's letters!

2 Corinthians 4:3-4
3But even if our gospel is [in some sense] hidden [behind a veil], it is hidden [only] to those who are perishing;
4among them the god of this world [Satan] has blinded the minds of the unbelieving
to prevent them from seeing the illuminating light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Yes, the holy spirit, in tandem with 1 Corinthians 2:14 & 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 inspired that, you be told, you're foolishly blind

2 Corinthians 3:16
But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

The emphasis on 'only' means 'at most', effectively also means, wait your turn. Have some good manners, dont jump the queue

Life is, turn by turn.
If anyone's a dog, then you must be a mongrel, and worse off

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Na you your Jesus call Dog o! I no believe my Jesus talk that kind bad word o!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by waldigit: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

The options are :

1.that Jesus lied in the verses i brought which makes your Mark verse correct

2.or that his world was the lost sheep of Israel only.
If the one who said I was sent only to a particular people, later commission to those same people to reach out to others, I think intelligent mind can discern a systematic arrangement there. We serve God who omniscience, he has plan and schedule of implementation. He made this known to us before your and mine great grandfathers were born.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2022
waldigit:

If the one who said I was sent only to a particular people, later commission to those same people to reach out to others, I think intelligent mind can discern a systematic arrangement there. We serve God who omniscience, he has plan and schedule of implementation. He made this known to us before your and mine great grandfathers were born.

Put yourself in the woman's situation! You have a big issue and you see Jesus who you think can help you like that woman!

And Jesus kept refusing you till his disciples told him to send you away!

Then later he called you dogs!

Jesus's world = lost sheep of Israel. All others are dogs!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by RightChannel: 11:09am On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Put yourself in the woman's situation! You have a big issue and you see Jesus who you think can help you like that woman!

If Jesus world is only for Israel, who is the most confused being here between you, allah and Angel jibril?

Quran 3:45

And (remember) when the angels said: "Mary, God gives you the glad tidings of a Word from Him, to be called the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary; highly honored in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those near-stationed to God
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Scattered people migrate and inter/intra-marry! How can they be gathered?

Yes, only when they force themselves with strong faith!

Don't forget you are the one telling me the OTHER SHEEP Jesus talked about in John 10:16 are the SCATTERED ONES which to you still means LOST. That they marry from other lands didn't REMOVE the point that they ORIGINATE with Israel.

Jesus didn't use LOST SHEEP in that account he used OTHER SHEEP.

Yes, only when they force themselves with strong faith

Which means ONLY didn't remain ONLY when forced. The lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL didn't remain only when when the GENTILES decide to come in or exercised faith lacking in the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Good.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
achorladey:

Don't forget you are the one telling me the OTHER SHEEP Jesus talked about in John 10:16 are the SCATTERED ONES which to you still means LOST. That they marry from other lands didn't REMOVE the point that they ORIGINATE with Israel.

Jesus didn't use LOST SHEEP in that account he used OTHER SHEEP.

It is LOST sheep!

When Jesus was sending out his disciples: Matthew 10:5-7
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near....

Here Jesus specifically told them to go to the lost sheep of Israel not to the Gentiles nor to the Samaritans! In summary the world of Jesus is Israel!

And a Canaanite woman who of course Jesus wasn't sent to save proves the topic of this discuss as follows:

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Which means ONLY didn't remain ONLY when forced. The lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL didn't remain only when when the GENTILES decide to come in or exercised faith lacking in the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Good.

There are usually exemptions to some cases!
The lost sheep of Israel are the Children with the bread!

And the bread must not be tossed to the dogs!

Can you explain this derogatory idiom?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Also you spilling nonsense won't move anyone except holy spirit hatred filled bigots like you! You must be from the yeast!
pedophile of nairaland
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
Chibuezem:
pedophile of nairaland

Who among your female folks suffered from Paedophilia?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

It is LOST sheep!

When Jesus was sending out his disciples: Matthew 10:5-7
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near....

Here Jesus specifically told them to go to the lost sheep of Israel not to the Gentiles nor to the Samaritans! In summary the world of Jesus is Israel!

And a Canaanite woman who of course Jesus wasn't sent to save proves the topic of this discuss as follows:

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

And the bread must not be tossed to the dogs!

Those exemptions make ONLY no longer ONLY in the case of the woman under consideration here.

Good

And the bread must not be tossed to the dogs! From the scriptures He replied, “[b]It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs

And exemptions make it right in this case and made ONLY no longer ONLY.

You call it DEROGATORY. It is your qualifier against what Jesus said himself grin grin

I have been looking at the account of Mark concerning this same issue under discussion

Jesus left that place and went to the vicinity of Tyre. He entered a house and did not want anyone to know it; yet he could not keep his presence secret. 25 In fact, as soon as she heard about him, a woman whose little daughter was possessed by an impure spirit came and fell at his feet. 26 The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.

27 “First let the children eat all they want,” he told her, “for it is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

28 “Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”

29 Then he told her, “For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter.”
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
achorladey:

Those exemptions make ONLY no longer ONLY in the case of the woman under consideration here.

Good

And exemptions make it right in this case and made ONLY no longer ONLY.

Yes, Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel but whoever has faith too can get crumbs too!

You call it DEROGATORY. It is your qualifier against what Jesus said himself grin grin

I have been looking at the account of Mark concerning this same issue under discussion

Jesus left that place and went to the vicinity of Tyre. He entered a house and did not want anyone to know it; yet he could not keep his presence secret. 25 In fact, as soon as she heard about him, a woman whose little daughter was possessed by an impure spirit came and fell at his feet. 26 The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.

27 “First let the children eat all they want,” he told her, “for it is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

28 “Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”

29 Then he told her, “For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter.”

We are still saying the same thing! Jesus did miracles freely for Israelites (as Israelites are Children) but others are dogs who need to have exceedingly great faith to be able to get miracle from Jesus.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yes, Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel but whoever has faith too can get crumbs too!

We are still saying the same thing! Jesus did miracles freely for Israelites (as Israelites are Children) but others are dogs who need to have exceedingly great faith to be able to get miracle from Jesus.

There is a common denominator between what Jesus did to the children of Israel and the gentiles----------FAITH and some of the gentiles exercised it in ways that Jesus himself was surprised.

Jesus Place of Primary Assignment was to the lost sheep of Israel and he was ready to bring in the OTHER SHEEP. Therefore that place was not the the ONLY WORLD of JESUS CHRIST.

I was looking at Matthew 7: 6
6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

What do you think you of those referred to here by JESUS as DOGS? Is it
restricted to the GENTILES?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2022
achorladey:

There is a common denominator between what Jesus did to the children of Israel and the gentiles----------FAITH and some of the gentiles exercised it in ways that Jesus himself was surprised.

Jesus Place of Primary Assignment was to the lost sheep of Israel and he was ready to bring in the OTHER SHEEP. Therefore that place was not the the ONLY WORLD of JESUS CHRIST.

I was looking at Matthew 7: 6
6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

What do you think you of those referred to here by JESUS as DOGS? Is it
restricted to the GENTILES?

The woman won Jesus's argument with her faith! Assuming the woman was not persistent she would have just gone.
Jesus was not sent to the dogs but to the children of Israel!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Who among your female folks suffered from Paedophilia?
your Mother
Your mother
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Chibuezem:
Chibuezem's Mother

What happened to her?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

What happened to my mother? , you know it, please keep quiet
Don't worry your secret is safe with me. See why I hate Islam a religion that support pedophiles.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

The woman won Jesus's argument with her faith! Assuming the woman was not persistent she would have just gone.
Jesus was not sent to the dogs but to the children of Israel!

The woman won or lost Jesus with her faith will not remove the lowest common denominator here or the highest common factor which is FAITH grin grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by waldigit: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

At the end what was the end of story, you didn't complete it.
The woman got what your high handed intelligence can never get. That's the way of the spirit. It's looks foolish the natural man like you, because he thinks he wise whereas he is most miserably foolish. It's the way the devil took that made what he is today. You think Jesus and God are foolish for agreeing to die for a sin he didn't commit? Devil too thought as much but today Jesus has a name that is above other name. Foolishness of God is wiser than wisdom of man. Peace!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2022
achorladey:

The woman won or lost Jesus with her faith will not remove the lowest common denominator here or the highest common factor which is FAITH grin grin

The Dogs are the non Israelites Jesus was not sent to!

Na them need faith to get miracle! Even Jesus didn't preach to the woman to accept him as Lord and saviour sef!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

The Dogs are the non Israelites Jesus was not sent to!

Na them need faith to get miracle! Even Jesus didn't preach to the woman to accept him as Lord and saviour sef!

No be only the dogs need FAITH.

Common denominator the dogs is part of the world Jesus did things to just like the lost sheep of Israel. Allow Children chop first before you give to the DOGS. The Dogs still dey part of the world of Jesus Christ.

For God so love the WORLD na im Jesus talk not for God so love the lost sheep of the house of Israel only
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 6:15am On Jan 11, 2022
achorladey:

No be only the dogs need FAITH.

Common denominator the dogs is part of the world Jesus did things to just like the lost sheep of Israel. Allow Children chop first before you give to the DOGS. The Dogs still dey part of the world of Jesus Christ.

For God so love the WORLD na im Jesus talk not for God so love the lost sheep of the house of Israel only

Maybe Jesus lied then...

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 7:40am On Jan 11, 2022
waldigit:

At the end what was the end of story, you didn't complete it.
The woman got what your high handed intelligence can never get. That's the way of the spirit. It's looks foolish the natural man like you, because he thinks he wise whereas he is most miserably foolish. It's the way the devil took that made what he is today. You think Jesus and God are foolish for agreeing to die for a sin he didn't commit? Devil too thought as much but today Jesus has a name that is above other name. Foolishness of God is wiser than wisdom of man. Peace!

Abeg! Hold it! No one dies for others except all these ritualist wey dey use human blood make themselves progress!

Jesus was acting like a tribalist here and you are here supporting evil.

Dogs and children! Are they the same?
The children must first eat before the dogs!

Na God indeed!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Maybe Jesus lied then...

It will be your words against his and your world against his world grin grin grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2022
achorladey:

It will be your words against his and your world against his world grin grin grin

I don't hate him. But he wasn't sent to me nor to us! We are not of Israel!

His world is Israel in your Bible!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

You have been going back and forth on the words of Jesus that you started with paapaa.

We are not of Israel!

You and I don't have to be of Israel

But he wasn't sent to me nor to us!

Let the children chop first grin grin grin

The same bible says his World goes beyond the land of Israel grin grin

I don't hate him

You don't have to.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2022
achorladey:

You have been going back and forth on the words of Jesus that you started with paapaa.

You and I don't have to be of Israel
Let the children chop first grin grin grin

The same bible says his World goes beyond the land of Israel grin grin

You don't have to.

Has the Children of Israel finish eating up till now?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Has the Children of Israel finish eating up till now?

Go therefore and make disciples and bear witness of me to people of all nations.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Your attention is needed here, Rashidi do the needful

https://www.nairaland.com/6930934/muhammad-quran-not-sent-whole
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2022
achorladey:

Go therefore and make disciples and bear witness of me to people of all nations.

Has the Children of Israel finish eating?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is God Male, Female, Or Both? / A Beautiful Analogy For Atheist / Need A Fraternity Or Ogboni That Can Make Me Rich And Achieve My Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.