Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel (3353 Views)

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring / The Biblical Jesus Referred To The Gentiles As 'dogs' / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Has the Children of Israel finish eating?

Go therefore and make disciples and bear witness of me to people of all nations.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Myer(m): 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

aren't my views over 70% anti-Christian?

Perhaps a more pertinent question should be, why are you anti-Christian?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:58am On Jan 12, 2022
Myer:

Perhaps a more pertinent question should be, why are you anti-Christian?

cos my belief is contrary to the Christian belief in God and Jesus.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 9:29am On Jan 12, 2022
achorladey:

Go therefore and make disciples and bear witness of me to people of all nations.

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:
When Jesus was sending out his disciples: Matthew 10:5-7
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near....

Here Jesus specifically told them to go to the lost sheep of Israel not to the Gentiles nor to the Samaritans! In summary the world of Jesus is Israel!

And a Canaanite woman who of course Jesus wasn't sent to save proves the topic of this discuss as follows:

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Now, we see that Jesus was reluctant to even attend to the woman despite knowing that her daughter was demon-possessed!
And Jesus re-emphasized that he was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel!

True,

Jesus said he was sent to the only to the lost sheep of Israel, that’s because Israel was the model, and the promise was that from Abraham seed the whole world would be blessed. Gen22 vs 18.

Now let me explain something basic about ministry.

God is a very Organised God. He doesn’t do anything in chaos. And this is especially true when it comes to his Ministry.

Even till now, When God calls people, he usually sends them to either a specific region, geographical location or tribe. Remember Mathew 10, Jesus called his 12 disciples and specifically sent them to the house of Israel, Infact he warned them not to go to the Gentiles nor the samaritans, but should stay with the gentiles.

Now, how did Jesus ministry became for the whole world? John 12 vs 24. Except a CORN of Wheat falls to the ground, and die it abide the alone. But when it dies it bring the out much fruit.

Jesus death and his ascension was the game changer which now ushered in the Holy Spirit.

Just as the 11 remaining disciples where focusing on their region of calling.. in Act 13 vs 2: The Holy Spirit instructed them during the course of fasting and prayer to separate for him, PAUL and BARNABAS. why? Because their own calling was not for the Jews, but for the Gentiles(which you and me are) that is the grain that was killed now bearing fruit and expanding.

So true, Jesus ministry focus was for the Jews, because they are the chosen and as the seed of Abraham they were the custodian of the old convenant until the new was fashioned which now includes you and me. But again he also said in Mathew 5 that he came not to abolish the law but fulfil it. Part of the fulfillment was exposing the grace of God to the whole world by shedding his blood on Calvary for you and me.

So it was Jesus death and resurrection that brought us the advantage.

Are you taking advantage of the opportunity offered by Jesus for your sake? Have you submitted your life totally to him? Remember Jesus is our admistrator, everything you can and will be in this world is tied to Jesus. Accept him totally and begin to fulfil your destiny!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
AntiChristian:
Put yourself in the woman's situation! You have a big issue and you see Jesus who you think can help you like that woman!
And Jesus kept refusing you till his disciples told him to send you away! Then later he called you dogs!
Jesus's world = lost sheep of Israel. All others are dogs!
Yes, Jesus Christ was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
waldigit:
1. If the one who said I was sent only to a particular people, later commission to those same people to reach out to others, I think intelligent mind can discern a systematic arrangement there.
2. We serve God who omniscience, he has plan and schedule of implementation. He made this known to us before your and mine great grandfathers were born.
1. Not necessarily true at all, unless you are attempting to state that God changed His mind, and we all know that God does not change His mind and Jesus Christ does the Will of His father and not His own will. Jesus Christ said He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel, many of whom were scattered by God to all the ends of the earth, and as stated in Isaiah 66 vs 15 - 20, the work the disciples were commissioned for is to go to all the ends of the earth to teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the lost sheep of Israel, those among the gentiles who are also descended from Jacob. So, the reason why they were made fishers of men is so they can fish from among all men those who are of the lost sheep of Israel. undecided

2. And God's plan never changes. undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
RepoMan007:
He was sent to call only the lost sheep's of Israel until he broke the partition between the gentiles and the Jews at death n ressutection phase. There is a difference between Jesus before death and after ressurection based on Gods agenda. Jesus himself sent Paul, a Jew, to the gentiles. That says a lot.
THis is a lie! The breaking of the partition in the temple has absolutely nothing to do with gentiles and Jews! undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yes, Jesus Christ was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. undecided

I think it is false that the woman made the dog comment first!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 7:02am On Dec 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
I think it is false that the woman made the dog comment first!
Yes, it is! undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by waldigit: 9:00am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Not necessarily true at all, unless you are attempting to state that God changed His mind, and we all know that God does not change His mind and Jesus Christ does the Will of His father and not His own will. Jesus Christ said He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel, many of whom were scattered by God to all the ends of the earth, and as stated in Isaiah 66 vs 15 - 20, the work the disciples were commissioned for is to go to all the ends of the earth to teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the lost sheep of Israel, those among the gentiles who are also descended from Jacob. So, the reason why they were made fishers of men is so they can fish from among all men those who are of the lost sheep of Israel. undecided

2. And God's plan never changes. undecided
Great! His plan never changes and part of that plan is: Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by sonmvayina(m): 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
The offer still stands

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
AntiChristian:
When Jesus was sending out his disciples: Matthew 10:5-7
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near....

If the preachers shouldn't go outside the borders of Judah then in what sense are those sheep their message is meant for LOST? smiley

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
waldigit:
■Great! His plan never changes and part of that plan is: Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
1. After His death, Jesus Christ did not change any of that which He had stated before His death. He even declared that His Words were everlasting and those same Words are true even today in the Kingdom of God. Yes, we are to go into the world to teach the Gospel only to those whom the Spirit of God, our guide and Helper, leads us to, and not to everyone out there, as Jesus Christ made clear. undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by sonmvayina(m): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
achorladey:

John 10:16 I(Jesus) have other sheep(not the lost sheep of Israel) that are not of this sheep pen. I(Jesus) must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Acts 1: 7 He(Jesus) said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Ephesians 2 11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He(Jesus) came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. grin grin grin grin

Does it not mean that the jesus Matthew was talking about was sent only to the lost tribe of Judah...which might be different from John or mark or Paul....
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by sonmvayina(m): 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If the preachers shouldn't go outside the borders of Judah then in what sense are those sheep their message is meant for LOST? smiley

What does lost mean in that context?

Are there are lost tribe in Israel ?

I just want a proper understanding...
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
sonmvayina:

Does it not mean that the jesus Matthew was talking about was sent only to the lost tribe of Judah...which might be different from John or mark or Paul....

You mean which one?..

lost sheep of Judah

or lost sheep of Israel
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
achorladey:
You mean which one?..
lost sheep of Judah

or lost sheep of Israel
The tribes that where of the nation of Israel were the first to have been cursed and scattered by God, this around or before the time of Isaiah the prophet. The rest of Israel — the nation of Judah —where cursed and scattered by God beginning about 1900 years ago, when the temple was destroyed. Jesus Christ described the events to take place at that time in His Gospel. undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 11:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
AntiChristian:

Children of Israel don't have to finish eating before the dogs starts enjoying the CRUMBS from the table of the children of ISRAEL grin grin grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The tribes that where of the nation of Israel were the first to have been cursed and scattered by God, this around or before the time of Isaiah the prophet. The rest of Israel — the nation of Judah —where cursed and scattered by God beginning about 1900 years ago, when the temple was destroyed. Jesus Christ described the events to take place at that time in His Gospel. undecided

Save the need for the explanation.

Which one?..

lost sheep of Judah

or lost sheep of Israel
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
achorladey:
Save the need for the explanation.
Which one?..
lost sheep of Judah
or lost sheep of Israel
Lost sheep of Israel ofcourse! undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Lost sheep of Israel ofcourse! undecided

Simple shocked
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:04am On Jan 16, 2023
Mr Reincarnation, i don't have your time!

If you want me to discuss with you you must start another where only you and i will ask questions from each other and answer using the scriptures.
In the absence of that i don't have time to waste with you. smiley

sonmvayina:

What does lost mean in that context?
Are there are lost tribe in Israel ?
I just want a proper understanding...
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 5:39am On Jan 16, 2023
achorladey:

Children of Israel don't have to finish eating before the dogs starts enjoying the CRUMBS from the table of the children of ISRAEL grin grin grin

So which are you eating, crumbs, proper food or none?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 5:41am On Jan 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You should tell us! How are you among the lost black sheep?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:28am On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

You should tell us! How are you among the lost black sheep?

Leave the BLACK stuff out it's not important for now.

You quoted Jesus and since you want to teach readers something meaningful you're supposed to (Q.R.E.A.D)
Read
Explain
Apply and
Direct: followers of your thread to what Jesus instructed his disciples to do! smiley

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 6:53am On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

So which are you eating, crumbs, proper food or none?

I see the above as irrelevant question to the previous one. The main response you need given earlier. Are the DOGS eating? What is your response from my previous post to you?

When you eat the white part of an egg, are you eating egg? grin grin grin grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:01am On Jan 16, 2023
When Jesus' real disciples come knocking on your doors you will start making excuses it's either:
"i am a born again Christian"
"i'm a believer"
"i'm a Muslim"
"i have my own religion"

And so on just to stop a meaningful conversation. But later you will start arguing blindly on what Jehovah's Witnesses could have easily explain to you.

Well this is what our Master Lord and King Christ Jesus meant in that verse:

LOST: When something living is lost it simply means he/she/it has gone off course so finding the way to others or destination has become a difficulty.

SHEEP: Domestic pets that's always in need of guidance so a sheep doesn't feel secure in the absence of the shepherd or a leading fellow sheep or among the flock.

HOUSE: Accomodation or Destination

ISRAEL: Faithful man whose descendants are expected to follow his footstep.

So when Jesus put this four together he's telling his disciples to go in search of faithful people within Judah who are as humble as the SHEEP but are spiritually LOST due to false religious ideas, they need to be brought together under one umbrella (HOUSE) as real descendants of the faithful servants of God: ISRAEL! smiley
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:03am On Jan 16, 2023
achorladey:

I see the above as irrelevant question to the previous one. The main response you need given earlier. Are the DOGS eating? What is your response from my previous post to you?

When you eat the white part of an egg, are you eating egg? grin grin grin grin

The dogs must have great faith to eat! Not all dogs can eat!

If the Almighty were to give some egg white and others egg yoke as far as salvation is concerned then that would have been discriminatory! Mind you your previous post wasn't a question! It just shows the discrimination of people by classifying them as "masters" and "dogs".

Lastly, eating the egg white only is still fair but lacking as it contains the bulk of the protein and few vitamins! And this analogy is not related to the discuss!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by sonmvayina(m): 8:27am On Jan 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Mr Reincarnation, i don't have your time!

If you want me to discuss with you you must start another where only you and i will ask questions from each other and answer using the scriptures.
In the absence of that i don't have time to waste with you. smiley

Lol...Mr liar and Mr "I belong to a performing group"..

Weldon..
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by sonmvayina(m): 8:29am On Jan 16, 2023
achorladey:

You mean which one?..

lost sheep of Judah

or lost sheep of Israel

Do they both have lost sheep?

Maybe the jesus Mathew was talking about is different from the one John was talking about...
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2023
sonmvayina:

Do they both have lost sheep?

Maybe the jesus Mathew was talking about is different from the one John was talking about...

which one Oga?..

lost sheep of Judah

or lost sheep of Israel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jesus : No, I’m not talking about Twitter. I literally want you to follow me. / The Tithe Is Unlawful - Nigerian Follow Follow Christians Will Believe Anything / The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.