Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel (3358 Views)

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring / The Biblical Jesus Referred To The Gentiles As 'dogs' / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

The dogs must have great faith to eat! Not all dogs can eat!

If the Almighty were to give some egg white and others egg yoke as far as salvation is concerned then that would have been discriminatory! Mind you your previous post wasn't a question! It just shows the discrimination of people by classifying them as "masters" and "dogs".

Lastly, eating the egg white only is still fair but lacking as it contains the bulk of the protein and few vitamins! And this analogy is not related to the discuss!

Whether they have great or minute faith is not my problem. Do they eat alongside the children? You have your answer to that already.

If the Almighty were to give some egg white and others egg yoke as far as salvation is concerned then that would have been discriminatory! Mind you your previous post wasn't a question! It just shows the discrimination of people by classifying them as "masters" and "dogs".

Are they eating? Are they eating protein? cheesy grin grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by sonmvayina(m): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2023
achorladey:

which one Oga?..

lost sheep of Judah

or lost sheep of Israel

Which one was jesus talking about?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 8:58am On Jan 16, 2023
sonmvayina:

Do they both have lost sheep?

Maybe the jesus Mathew was talking about is different from the one John was talking about...

Your both means what?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2023
sonmvayina:

Which one was jesus talking about?

Oga e get as e be for you oooo

Does it not mean that the jesus Matthew was talking about was sent only to the lost tribe of Judah...which might be different from John or mark or Paul....

which one Oga?..

lost sheep of Judah

or lost sheep of Israel

grin grin grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 9:48am On Jan 16, 2023
achorladey:

Whether they have great or minute faith is not my problem. Do they eat alongside the children? You have your answer to that already.

Some of them are eating! Other aren't!

Are they eating? Are they eating protein? cheesy grin grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2023
sonmvayina:

Lol...Mr liar and Mr "I belong to a performing group"..Weldon..
At least you should have people that believe in you whether what you're saying is true or false since someone's truth means lie to another.

Go and worship with your fellow truth sayers! grin
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

The some of them are eating alongside the children. Good!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by tctrills: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:
When Jesus was sending out his disciples: Matthew 10:5-7
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near....

Here Jesus specifically told them to go to the lost sheep of Israel not to the Gentiles nor to the Samaritans! In summary the world of Jesus is Israel!

And a Canaanite woman who of course Jesus wasn't sent to save proves the topic of this discuss as follows:

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Now, we see that Jesus was reluctant to even attend to the woman despite knowing that her daughter was demon-possessed!
And Jesus re-emphasized that he was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel!
His ministry was among the children of Israel but be died to take away the sins of the world.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by sonmvayina(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
tctrills:

His ministry was among the children of Israel but be died to take away the sins of the world.

According to who?

Whose idea was it/that?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by tctrills: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
sonmvayina:

According to who?

Whose idea was it/that?
I don't understand your question.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
tctrills:

Is this the meaning of “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” uttered by Jesus?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
achorladey:

The some of them are eating alongside the children. Good!

Can i call you a dog like Jesus did the woman?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by achorladey: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

Can i call you a dog like Jesus did the woman?

It is who to call a dog grin grin you are now looking for not have the children finished eating? grin grin grin.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by tctrills: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

Is this the meaning of “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” uttered by Jesus?

Yes. Remember it was also taught;
John 1:29-32
“Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
Yes he ministered to the House of Israel and he took away the sins of the whole world.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
tctrills:

Yes. Remember it was also taught;
John 1:29-32
“Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
Yes he ministered to the House of Israel and he took away the sins of the whole world.

The world is only referring to Israel!

That's why you see God giving preference to Israel! No Nation exit except Israel and the God of Israel!

Have you seen the God of any other nations in the Bible?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by tctrills: 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

The world is only referring to Israel!

That's why you see God giving preference to Israel! No Nation exit except Israel and the God of Israel!

Have you seen the God of any other nations in the Bible?
Wrong. The world cannot mean Israel. Trust me, the Almighty knows the difference between Israel and the world. He did not make a mistake.
The words of Paul in Romans 1.i6 would help you understand.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek” .
Also Acts 17:26-28
26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.
In verse 26, we learnt that God marked the appointed time of every nation. Clearly he has a plan for every nation.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
tctrills:

Wrong. The world cannot mean Israel. Trust me, the Almighty knows the difference between Israel and the world. He did not make a mistake.
The words of Paul in Romans 1.i6 would help you understand.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek” .
Also Acts 17:26-28
26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.
In verse 26, we learnt that God marked the appointed time of every nation. Clearly he has a plan for every nation.

So it is Paul that'll define the world that Jesus already said " he was sent ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL!"?

WHY DO WE HAVE GOD OF ISRAEL IN THE BIBLE AND NOT GOD OF THE WORLD?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by tctrills: 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

So it is Paul that'll define the world that Jesus already said " he was sent ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL!"?

WHY DO WE HAVE GOD OF ISRAEL IN THE BIBLE AND NOT GOD OF THE WORLD?
So you need to. Understand that whether it's from the mouth of God or that of his servant it is the same .
But if you want to quote Jesus Christ, read John 3.16 For God do loved the world.not only Israel.
Read also, Mark 16,15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
Now you have heard from both Jesus Christ and from Paul does that solve the matter?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2023
tctrills:

So you need to. Understand that whether it's from the mouth of God or that of his servant it is the same .
But if you want to quote Jesus Christ, read John 3.16 For God do loved the world.not only Israel.
Read also, Mark 16,15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
Now you have heard from both Jesus Christ and from Paul does that solve the matter?

Which world should they go? Israel! Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel. Wherever the disciples go they only go for the lost sheep that are scattered everywhere!

For God so loved the world...
If God truly loves the world why didn't God call himself "God of the world"?

The first verse of the Qur'an is Praise & Thanks be to Allah the Lord and Cherisher of the World!

Not only of a particular nation!
Rather we see Israel is my firstborn Exodus 4:22.
Everything God did revolved around Israel. Almost all Prophets came from Israel in the Bible.
And Israel still remains a Jewish country till today!
Abeg, God's world is Israel! Even many of the old testament laws were for them!
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by tctrills: 9:04am On Jan 17, 2023
[quote author=AntiChristian post=120110583]

Which world should they go? Israel! Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel. Wherever the disciples go they only go for the lost sheep that are scattered everywhere!
[/b]
You keep getting it wrong. He sent them first after the lost sheep and finally into all the world.
[b]
[b]For God so loved the world...

If God truly loves the world why didn't God call himself "God of the world"?[/b]
There is no relationship between not loving the world and being the God of Israel. The nation of Israel worshiped him as the official and only God.

[b]Everything God did revolved around Israel. Almost all Prophets came from Israel in the Bible
.[/b] Wrong, the bible was about God's dealings with Israel that does not mean that he did not have dealings with other nations.
Even many of the old testament laws were for them! The Old Testament records God's dealings with Israel. The purpose of the old testament was not to tell of God's dealings with every nation and people. Or do you think that the Bible contains all God has ever done?
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
When Jesus was sending out his disciples: Matthew 10:5-7
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near....

Here Jesus specifically told them to go to the lost sheep of Israel not to the Gentiles nor to the Samaritans! In summary the world of Jesus is Israel!

And a Canaanite woman who of course Jesus wasn't sent to save proves the topic of this discuss as follows:

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Now, we see that Jesus was reluctant to even attend to the woman despite knowing that her daughter was demon-possessed!
And Jesus re-emphasized that he was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel!
Sometimes I wonder if you read the Bible with the mind to discredit crhritainity.... Wait yes you do.
Pls explain Mark 16:15-17 KJV
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; j In my name shall they cast out devils; k they shall speak with new tongues;
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by AntiChristian: 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
Chibuezem:

Sometimes I wonder if you read the Bible with the mind to discredit crhritainity.... Wait yes you do.
Pls explain Mark 16:15-17 KJV
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; j In my name shall they cast out devils; k they shall speak with new tongues;

Yes, Jesus himself said he was not sent except to the lost sheep of Israel. However, the disciples are to free to go anywhere the lost sheep of Israel are!

The focus of your God from Old testament was Israel.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Yes, Jesus himself said he was not sent except to the lost sheep of Israel. However, the disciples are to free to go anywhere the lost sheep of Israel are!

The focus of your God from Old testament was Israel.
it's simple to us, the god of this world has blinded your eyes not to see what Jesus Christ has brought to us, The salvation of mankind from Sin, flesh, worldliness and spirits. AntiChristian I can preach, teach, shout and show you proof but it's a waste of time as you've decided to fight God's program through nairaland. Keep fighting bro you are a vessel of God too. Through you I've strengthened my faith in Christ Jesus as the Son of God. I've also finally understood trinity. Forgive my oldself for the rash words. It was out of zeal now that I have gotten knowledge I say peace be unto you.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2023
Chibuezem:
it's simple to us, the god of this world has blinded your eyes not to see what Jesus Christ has brought to us, The salvation of mankind from Sin, flesh, worldliness and spirits. ... I can preach, teach, shout and show you proof but it's a waste of time as you've decided to fight God's program through nairaland. Keep fighting bro you are a vessel of God too. Through you I've strengthened my faith in Christ Jesus as the Son of God. I've also finally understood trinity. Forgive my oldself for the rash words. It was out of zeal now that I have gotten knowledge I say peace be unto you.
Be honest with yourself.....

1. Jesus Christ was sent by God only to the Lost sheep of Israel
21 Jesus went from there to the area of Tyre and Sidon.
22 A Canaanite woman from that area came out and began shouting, “Lord, Son of David, please help me! My daughter has a demon inside her, and she is suffering very much.”
23 But Jesus did not answer her. So the followers came to him and said, “Tell her to go away. She keeps crying out and will not leave us alone.”
24 Jesus answered, “God sent me only to the lost people[d] of Israel.”
25 Then the woman came over to Jesus and bowed before him. She said, “Lord, help me!”
26 He answered her with this saying: “It is not right to take the children’s bread and give it to the dogs.”
27 The woman said, “Yes, Lord, but even the dogs eat the pieces of food that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! You will get what you asked for.” And right then the woman’s daughter was healed. - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 28
Note: The non-Israelites were referred to as dogs in the above context.

2. Jesus Christ sent His disciples out to only the homes of Israelites
5 Jesus sent the twelve men out with these instructions: “Don’t go to the non-Jewish people. And don’t go into any town where the Samaritans live.
6 But go to the people of Israel. They are like sheep that are lost.
7 When you go, tell them this: ‘God’s kingdom is now very near.’
8 Heal the sick. Bring the dead back to life. Heal the people who have leprosy. And force demons out of people. I give you these powers freely, so help others freely.
9 Don’t carry any money with you—gold or silver or copper.
10 Don’t carry a bag. Take only the clothes and sandals you are wearing. And don’t take a walking stick. A worker should be given what he needs. - Matthew 10 vs 5 - 10

3. Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is Holy — the agreement that is the Kingdom of God — to those who are non-Israelites.
6 Don’t give something that is holy to dogs. They will only turn and hurt you. And don’t throw your pearls to pigs. They will only step on them. - Matthew 7 vs 6

4. God, through His prophets, promised the agreement of Peace that is Jesus Christ, only to those who are of the House of Jacob
Jeremiah 31 & 32 & 50
31 This is what the Lord said, “The time is coming when I will make a new agreement with the family of Israel and with the family of Judah.
32 It will not be like the agreement I made with their ancestors. I made that agreement when I took them by the hand and brought them out of Egypt. I was their master, but they broke that agreement.” This message is from the Lord.
33 “In the future I will make this agreement with the people of Israel.” This message is from the Lord. “I will put my teachings in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34 People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins.” - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34
○ Ezekiel 34 & 36 & 37
21 “The people of Israel ruined my holy name wherever they went, and I felt sorry for my name.
22 So tell the family of Israel that this is what the Lord God says: ‘Family of Israel, you ruined my holy name in the places where you went. I am going to do something to stop this. I will not do it for your sake, Israel. I will do it for my holy name.
23 I will show the nations how holy my great name really is. You ruined my good name in those nations! But I will show you that I am holy. I will make you respect my name, and then those nations will know that I am the Lord.’” This is what the Lord God said.
24 “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25 Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26 I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27 I will put my Spirit inside you and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28 Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God. - Ezekiel 36 vs 21 - 28
○ Isaiah 55 & 59
20 Then a redeemer will come to Zion to save the people of Jacob who have turned away from sin.
21 The Lord says, “As for me, this is the agreement that I will make with these people. I promise my Spirit that I put on you and my words that I put in your mouth will never leave you. They will be with you and your children and your children’s children, for now, and forever. - Isaiah 59 vs 20 -21

As you can see, God promised Jesus Christ, His agreement that lasts forever, to the House of Jacob only, just as Jesus Christ made clear, meaning that all those who truly belong to Jesus Christ are in fact descendants of Abraham. Now, of course, the religion of Christianity which seems oblivious to this fact is removed from that declared by God Himself in this matter. But if you wanted to pay attention to what is in fact stated in scripture, you will find that only those who have the blood of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob coursing through their physical veins can indeed partake of the promise that is Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

1. Jesus Christ was sent by God only to the Lost sheep of Israel Note: The non-Israelites were referred to as dogs in the above context.

3. Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is Holy — the agreement that is the Kingdom of God — to those who are non-Israelites.

4. God, through His prophets, promised the agreement of Peace that is Jesus Christ, only to those who are of the House of Jacob
Jeremiah 31 & 32 & 50
○ Ezekiel 34 & 36 & 37
○ Isaiah 55 & 59

As you can see, God promised Jesus Christ, His agreement that lasts forever, to the House of Jacob only, just as Jesus Christ made clear, meaning that all those who truly belong to Jesus Christ are in fact descendants of Abraham. Now, of course, the religion of Christianity which seems oblivious to this fact is removed from that declared by God Himself in this matter. But if you wanted to pay attention to what is in fact stated in scripture, you will find that only those who have the blood of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob coursing through their physical veins can indeed partake of the promise that is Jesus Christ. undecided
this however is your own human understanding and interpretation of the scripture. I just want to ask you my brother, do you believe that God can speak to you as you communicate with your physical father? If yes then tell me what God (as you call him Allah) has said to you concerning this scripture... I personally don't want to argue scripture with you as it is a waste of my anionting and time. I'm after life not scripture.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

1. Jesus Christ was sent by God only to the Lost sheep of Israel Note: The non-Israelites were referred to as dogs in the above context.

Jeremiah 31 & 32 & 50
○ Ezekiel 34 & 36 & 37
○ Isaiah 55 & 59

okay that's nice pls explain this verse to me mark 16 vs 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; j In my name shall they cast out devils; k
Why would Jesus Christ at the end of His existence on earth tell his disciples to go into the world and preach to every creature?
He also said that for those creature to become His disciples they must believe and be baptized.... Jesus Christ never limited His ministry to Jews. It was for everybody both you and I....
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2023
Chibuezem:
okay that's nice pls explain this verse to me mark 16 vs 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; j In my name shall they cast out devils; k
Why would Jesus Christ at the end of His existence on earth tell his disciples to go into the world and preach to every creature?
He also said that for those creature to become His disciples they must believe and be baptized.... Jesus Christ never limited His ministry to Jews. It was for everybody both you and I....
https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/2#119619963

Recall that we are talking of the same God who announced in Deuteronomy 32 vs 1 - 9 that Israel is His only inheritance in the land of men meaning God's plan revolves around and is carried out on Israel and only Israel. No other people are included in His plan. Now, In the very first agreement He made with the people of Israel, God did inform them that because of their disobedience, He will eventually curse and scatter them all to the four winds of the earth where they will live until such a time as He chooses to bring them back again to the Land He promised to them. undecided
1 “Everything that I have mentioned will happen to you—both the blessings and the curses. And you will remember these words when the Lord your God sends you away to other nations.
2 Then you and your descendants will turn back to the Lord your God. You will follow him with all your heart and completely obey all his commands that I have given you today.
3 Then the Lord your God will be kind to you. The Lord your God will make you free again! He will bring you back from the nations where He sent you.
4 Even if you were sent to the farthest parts of the earth, the Lord your God will gather you from there and bring you back.
5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land your ancestors had, and the land will become yours. He will do good to you, and you will have more than your ancestors had. You will have more people in your nation than they ever had.
6 The Lord your God will make you and your descendants want to obey him. Then you will love the Lord your God with all your heart. And you will live! - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6
God Himself cursed and scattered His people all across the world, promising that in His time, He will gather them back to Himself. That is the reason why God gave Jesus Christ to the world — His Israel. And as explained by the prophets, He put a mark on some people and then sent them out into the rest of the world to gather their brothers and sisters back from all the nations where God scattered them to. undecided
18 “They have evil thoughts and do evil things, so I am coming to punish them. I will gather all nations and all people. Everyone will be gathered together to see my Glory.
19 I will put a mark on some of the people. I will send some of these saved people to the nations of Tarshish, Libya, Lud (the land of archers), Tubal, Greece, and all the faraway lands. Those people have never heard my teachings. They have never seen my Glory. So the saved people will tell the nations about my glory.
20 And they will bring all your brothers and sisters from those other nations to my holy mountain Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord. Your brothers and sisters will ride on horses, mules, camels, and in chariots and wagons. They will be like the gifts that the Israelites bring on clean plates to the Temple of the Lord.
21 I will also choose some of these people to be priests and Levites.” The Lord himself said this. - Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 21
This is the reason for Jesus Christ. He is the good shepherd promised who will gather all of Israel back to God's Holy Jerusalem from every tribe, every language, and every nation of the earth. undecided

You are right that Jesus Christ did not limit His ministry to the Jews — those of the Nation of Judah — but rather to the entire people of Israel — those of the former Nation of Isreal combined. undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/2#119619963

Recall that we are talking of the same God who announced in Deuteronomy 32 vs 1 - 9 that Israel is His only inheritance in the land of men meaning God's plan revolves around and is carried out on Israel and only Israel. No other people are included in His plan. Now, In the very first agreement He made with the people of Israel, God did inform them that because of their disobedience, He will eventually curse and scatter them all to the four winds of the earth where they will live until such a time as He chooses to bring them back again to the Land He promised to them. undecided
God Himself cursed and scattered His people all across the world, promising that in His time, He will gather them back to Himself. That is the reason why God gave Jesus Christ to the world — His Israel. And as explained by the prophets, He put a mark on some people and then sent them out into the rest of the world to gather their brothers and sisters back from all the nations where God scattered them to. undecided
This is the reason for Jesus Christ. He is the good shepherd promised who will gather all of Israel back to God's Holy Jerusalem from every tribe, every language, and every nation of the earth. undecided

You are right that Jesus Christ did not limit His ministry to the Jews — those of the Nation of Judah — but rather to the entire people of Israel — those of the former Nation of Isreal combined. undecided
omo you have not interpreted what I asked you bro
Stop running around in circles
God's salvation is for everyone but it started from the jews no doubt.
Roman's 1:16 explains it all
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Apr 24, 2023
Chibuezem:
■ omo you have not interpreted what I asked you bro. Stop running around in circles. God's salvation is for everyone but it started from the jews no doubt.
■ Roman's 1:16 explains it all
1. If the statement you made is true then we cannot trust Jesus Christ who said He was sent by the Almighty only to the Lost sheep of Israel, for this salvation you speak of, can we? If the Almighty Father only permitted Him to give the Gospel to the Israelites as He said , and He proclaimed this all through the land and to His disciples, including the fact that He only did the will of His Father, then it is only the Israelites that can trust Him for their salvation, right? All others cannot since He could only do what the Father sent Him to do and nothing else. undecided

2. Do you really think Paul would create a different Kingdom from the one God Himself has made? 🤔
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 8:36am On Apr 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If the statement you made is true then we cannot trust Jesus Christ who said He was sent by the Almighty only to the Lost sheep of Israel, for this salvation you speak of, can we? If the Almighty Father only permitted Him to give the Gospel to the Israelites as He said , and He proclaimed this all through the land and to His disciples, including the fact that He only did the will of His Father, then it is only the Israelites that can trust Him for their salvation, right? All others cannot since He could only do what the Father sent Him to do and nothing else. undecided

2. Do you really think Paul would create a different Kingdom from the one God Himself has made? 🤔
I now see your problem, you don't believe in John 3 :16 that is that Jesus Christ came for you.... Then keep fighting It bro I'm not here to convince you to give your life to Jesus Christ only Him can do that as the disciples even the woman of Samaria, Cornelius, Eunuch of Ethiopia all gentiles heard the gospel of Jesus Christ and accepted unto salvation. Keep using the scripture to play around..... I pray the lord continue to use you as his vessel.
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2023
Chibuezem:
■ I now see your problem, you don't believe in John 3 :16 that is that Jesus Christ came for you.... Then keep fighting It
■ bro I'm not here to convince you to give your life to Jesus Christ only Him can do that as the disciples even the woman of Samaria, Cornelius, Eunuch of Ethiopia all gentiles heard the gospel of Jesus Christ and accepted unto salvation. Keep using the scripture to play around..... I pray the lord continue to use you as his vessel.
1. As a matter of fact you seem to be the one who does not clearly understand what it means to say that Jesus Christ is in fact the Truth of God I.e. the very Word out of God's own Mouth. Let's consider the two statements made by Jesus Christ, shall we? undecided

Premise 1: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish in the grave but have eternal life.
Premise 2: I was sent by my Father only to the lost sheep of Israel.

In other for us to draw a conclusion that is true from the two premises above, we have to consider the validity of each of the claims above right? undecided

Can you please outline what the only logical conclusion from the above can be as far as the world Jesus Christ referred to in His Gospel. undecided

2. As I previously explained in one of my previous comments to you, God cursed and scattered His people of Israel to all corners of the earth so it becomes easy to see how all those who you mentioned the disciples preaching to where all Israelites. Samaritans are Israelites of the tribes of Ephraim and Manassas. Cornelius was an israelities and this is indicated in his story. Recall that the Jews did not allow those who were not of their own into their temple and so the Eunuch from Ethiopia who we are told frequented Jerusalem for worship had to have been one of their own. The Gentiles referred to in scripture were not dogs or you would be accusing the disciples of going against Jesus Christ Himself.undecided
Re: The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel by Chibuezem(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. As a matter of fact you seem to be the one who does not clearly understand what it means to say that Jesus Christ is in fact the Truth of God I.e. the very Word out of God's own Mouth. Let's consider the two statements made by Jesus Christ, shall we? undecided

Premise 1: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish in the grave but have eternal life.
Premise 2: I was sent by my Father only to the lost sheep of Israel.

In other for us to draw a conclusion that is true from the two premises above, we have to consider the validity of each of the claims above right? undecided

Can you please outline what the only logical conclusion from the above can be as far as the world Jesus Christ referred to in His Gospel. undecided

2. As I previously explained in one of my previous comments to you, God cursed and scattered His people of Israel to all corners of the earth so it becomes easy to see how all those who you mentioned the disciples preaching to where all Israelites. Samaritans are Israelites of the tribes of Ephraim and Manassas. Cornelius was an israelities and this is indicated in his story. Recall that the Jews did not allow those who were not of their own into their temple and so the Eunuch from Ethiopia who we are told frequented Jerusalem for worship had to have been one of their own. The Gentiles referred to in scripture were not dogs or you would be accusing the disciples of going against Jesus Christ Himself.undecided
Cornelius was not an isrealite bro what are you even saying read Acts CHAPTER 10 however He had fear of God and was devout to God which God saw and still brought the gospel of Jesus Christ to Him through apostle Peter. Pls do well to show me prove that Cornelius is an isrealite not a roman (gentile) if you fail to I rest my case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Story By Paul Grundy / See What Happened To Pastor Chris And Anita After The Divorce / Was It Destiny, Fate Or Predestination That Saved You from that accident or got you that job ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.