Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? (21844 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Pedrokush: 10:47am On Jan 10, 2022
I lived with my dad under the same roof everyday of my life,yet I do not always get anything from my pa apart from school fees..note(I went to public primary and secondary school where the school fees is very cheap)...OP no be every dad dey sacrifice much to provide for his family...90% of moms will never allow their children to suffer sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by jimtemi1: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2022
GOD forgive me until the demise of my dad before I knew who my mother was, we always believe everything our mum told us about him, later when he left us we now saw who the hyprocraite is... Fear woman.. I can never let my wife turn me against my children lai lai.. Instead of my to stay at the bar with friends I rather come home n watch cartoons with them cos that were it always start

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Qatar2022: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
My father isn't married yet for him to know that children tend to love their mothers more than the fathers right?
When you got married yourself then you will know better though what he said is true
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by TheMostComplex1: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Most mother's we have today are naccisist . They think about themselves and themselves only. They want everything. Some of them even get jealous when their kids give more money to their dad than them. These kids in return forget that it's their dad who struggled to feed them , train them through school, provide for their needs etc. If that's the case, pls take care of your dad. If reverse is the case then your mom.

But always remember the popsi wey suffer because of you. The popsi who woke up early to get to work just to make money for you. He paid your school fees, clothed you, even the Christmas cloth and shoes your mama buy for you, na your popsi drop the money. If you wan do anything for house , na your popsi go drop money. Pls remember your father's. Africans generally have this emotional sentiments towards their mothers which is not meant to be.

I get you points but in most cases the mom does more. If I have a father that did more for me I'll give him preference.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by TheMostComplex1: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2022
jimtemi1:
GOD forgive me until the demise of my dad before I knew who my mother was, we always believe everything our mum told us about him, later when he left us we now saw who the hyprocraite is... Fear woman.. I can never let my wife turn me against my children lai lai.. Instead of my to stay at the bar with friends I rather come home n watch cartoons with them cos that were it always start

Correct guy . You want to be close to your kids because it's garbage in & garbage out

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Equity15(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
You all think money, money and money is everything. Raising a responsible children goes beyond just money

See eh, if that father died those children will still live and survived with the love of their mother

But if a woman died in the house. Likelihood that those children will be maltreat and abused. A woman who had 4-5kids may chose to remain single and look after her kids

But Men hardly do that sir. The few ones who does that would definitely have side chicks taking his attention

It's easier for men to move on so easy and quickly after the death of his wife unlike the women

The children sees all these sir

You can't compare the love of someone who carried you for months and risk her life during child birth. Nurtured you with countless sleepless night. And you expect the children to love their fathers more than mothers because of money right?
you're wrong about men moving on easily. The reason women do not re-marry is majorly because only few men are ready to house widows. Especially widow, with more than 1 kid
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by TheMostComplex1: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2022
Mom 98%
Dad 2%

This's due to their contributions in my life

But the funny thing is that mom will share everything with him without asking for his 2%
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vincentjk(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2022
I think African dad's should be a little soft and close to their kids and reduce the level of 'strong man' mentality they normally have.

My dad was a wonderful hardworking man but he wasn't emotionally attached to we his kids that while growing up, we became scared on seeing him back from work in the evening because his manner of discipline made us not so close to him.

When I have kids, I'll correct all these to avoid stories in the future.

A nice thread Op.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Omakraid(f): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2022
Bmaster:
just read again what you wrote,this time slowly...
I bet you,you won't find it meaningful
You weren't forced to read it so move
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2022
Equity15:
you're wrong about men moving on easily. The reason women do not re-marry is majorly because only few men are ready to house widows. Especially widow, with more than 1 kid
Is it not same men who can't hold themselves for just a year right? Take it from me Men move on so easily than women when it comes to death. Reason why women referred to Men as dog. Men moves easily because they'd easily outsource their responsibility to someone else in his or the wife family and believe all he needs is to provide money which makes them free to wander about
Besides, men aren't emotionally attached to their kids just few of them

Also, there are men who would marry widow or single mother with lots of children. Yes! She doesn't neccesarily had to move into the man's house with all the children. They can be with her parents and probably go with just 1. But most of them are emotionally attached with their children and they consider then first in any decision taken. Reason why they rather singlehandedly raised them than getting remarried and move into the man's house. Mind you women can cope and survive without sex unlike we men who can't even hold ourselves just for a year

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Yansham: 11:24am On Jan 10, 2022
why a child would choose the mother over the father is because the mother did more.

Enough with this blackmail joor!

[/quote]

Which more do mothers do?

Mothers are the blackmailers.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by bankoleogundeji: 11:26am On Jan 10, 2022
Well. I just don't know why it's like that, kids gifting their mom more than their father who was main architect behind their success? I think fathers should not just focus on home upkeep alone but also try as much as possible to create time for their kids interns of giving room for discussion, gists, and getting closer to these kids . I think it will help. The secret is, our mothers usually have this friendly like closer relationship with their children which build affections that cannot be compromise. Just My Opinion. Stay bless
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by AtoningBlood(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Men have suffered oo, they pay the school fees, and feed the family but once the children are grown and doing well, they tend to forget them, I think mothers are the reason for this evil Mothers. bad mouth their husbands a lot.

I am from a family with 5 children, my 4 siblings have never given my dad 1 naira (we are all working, one is close to 10 years in service) my dad has called each of them to educate them about giving and taking care of their father, imagine him asking my brother for 1k credit and it took him over 48 hours to send it, he also had to call him again to remind him before he sent it. All they do is sit and say he is bad, but this man sacrificed all for us, best secondary school, 3 of us attended private uni. My mum has successfully turned them against my Dad. They even hardly call him, one doesn't call my dad at alllllllll, this one was actually my dad's favorite, he never punishes him, my dad deserves none of these treatments he is getting from them at all.

Like someone on this thread said, if you want to move forward in life, give to your Father. I told my dad never to mind them, by the grace of God, what I give my dad at once, the four of them put together can not boast of it. I give him so he won't feel others aren't giving him at all.

Our fathers deserve to be loved too.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by ogwuche4u(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
You all think money, money and money is everything. Raising a responsible children goes beyond just money

See eh, if that father died those children will still live and survived with the love of their mother

But if a woman died in the house. Likelihood that those children will be maltreat and abused. A woman who had 4-5kids may chose to remain single and look after her kids

But Men hardly do that sir. The few ones who does that would definitely have side chicks taking his attention

It's easier for men to move on so easy and quickly after the death of his wife unlike the women

The children sees all these sir

You can't compare the love of someone who carried you for months and risk her life during child birth. Nurtured you with countless sleepless night. And you expect the children to love their fathers more than mothers because of money right?

Well spoken Sir. But that does not negates the importance of a Father. Do you think emotional support alone brings up good children? How pays their fees, food, shelter, clothing, health? You can't rule out the importance of money in the family. I love my mom so much but my dad gave me his all. And I respect and love him so much too. Let's learn to balance the whole thing. It's painful when at their old age, we create problems to them by being partial in our givings. Dads are supper being. Except for some useless ones.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by errigdee: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2022
truth of the matter is I love my mum with everything that makes me a man
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by AtoningBlood(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2022
Nebes:
I remember buying gifts for my mother when I was in SS2. I remember how she cried but I don’t remember anything else she said. I think she prayed for me. I’m not sure. She died same year.

Now I remember the day I dashed my father 1K. He took it and asked me to kneel down. He told me that God will lead me and break down every barrier in this life for me. My father also died before I became stable financially. Today any time I break through any barrier I remember my father. I always succeed even where others fail. Rules are always bent for me to ensure I get anything I want. That was the only thing I remember giving him. I wish I gave him more.

I don’t care how much you give your mother but one blessing from your father will speak for you more than a thousand from your mother. Remember that without him you won’t even have anybody to call mother. Give to your father please. Provoke his emotional side and hear him bless you.

When a man blesses a child, hmmmm, that blessing is sealed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Tiana09(f): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2022
If I was asked when younger I would have probably say I will spend more on my mom than on my dad because I felt she loved us more. My dad was hardly around as he was transferred from one state to another to work, we only call,cry about our needs and booom Money is made available to sought.
over the years I have come to understand that my dad, though he was physically not available made even bigger sacrifice and loved us just as much as my mom does.
I would give the bigger share to my dad.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Bmaster(m): 11:51am On Jan 10, 2022
Omakraid:

You weren't forced to read it so move
i don't understand how writing meaninglessly will improve your standard of living.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Titaniumental: 11:57am On Jan 10, 2022
finishmatter:
This has been a worrisome issue for me.
Why do children prefer giving money to their mom instead of dad.

Your dad clothes, feeds, educate, houses and provides all financial needs for you as his child.
He also meets all needs of his wife and that of his relatives and in-laws.

So, ideally, he is supposed to be adequately compensated as the breadwinner instead of the mom.

But this is not the reality as most children only think of their mother.

What did our fathers do to deserve this?
Pls how can this unfair treatment be addressed?
Op my mom did all these for me @ the bold

I guess dat answers the question

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by lordally(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
jimtemi1:

So your mum portrayed your dad in a bad light and in return you didn't do what a child was supposed to do for a father?

Please kindly share your story so I can learn ...I'm a huge marriage fan that believes the institution called marriage and parental upbringing if done right , can be sweet , happy and pleasurable
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by cyrilamx(m): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
Heterodox:
Nonsense.

Unless one has a useless mother the potency of blessings is the same.
if the potency was the same, Rebecca would HV blessed Jacob herself instead of conspiring with him to usurp his brother's blessing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Premiumwriter: 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why must you give them?
you're stewpid.

Why won't you give money to your parents when you have?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
Premiumwriter:
you're stewpid.

Why won't you give money to your parents when you have?
When you have good.. smiley
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Omakraid(f): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
Bmaster:
i don't understand how writing meaninglessly will improve your standard of living.
Mtcheew kiss
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by James180: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
Father don suffer ooo cry
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Heterodox(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
cyrilamx:
if the potency was the same, Rebecca would HV blessed Jacob herself instead of conspiring with him to usurp his brother's blessing.
Mr. If you want to have a discussion with me, don't bring history books.

I live in the moment. If your mother blesses you today will it work or not?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
finishmatter:

Agreed. But your dad also risks his life daily to provide for you, and you could have died without him providing for you.
Tell him please I don't know was wrong with men

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2022
youngsahito:
Dad also deserve to be love... They also suffer financial and emotional struggle too. Make una try to dey remember our popsy too.
Very good
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
Sonnobax15:
wink
Mennnnnnnn, mother's love is second to none..............The few time my mom spend here on earth with us,it was obvious....

You see why.... Momsy dey easy to reason with, compared to popsy.......The army blood wey dey the man body self no go make you draw close to am,but Momsy shoulder always dey there for you to lean on Whenever if e tear for you.......

So now tell me,chebi na who ginger me to be a better person I suppose reason pass when everywhere don stew? cool
So you will neglect your dad who suffer for you to be where you are
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Most mother's we have today are naccisist . They think about themselves and themselves only. They want everything. Some of them even get jealous when their kids give more money to their dad than them. These kids in return forget that it's their dad who struggled to feed them , train them through school, provide for their needs etc. If that's the case, pls take care of your dad. If reverse is the case then your mom.

But always remember the popsi wey suffer because of you. The popsi who woke up early to get to work just to make money for you. He paid your school fees, clothed you, even the Christmas cloth and shoes your mama buy for you, na your popsi drop the money. If you wan do anything for house , na your popsi go drop money. Pls remember your father's. Africans generally have this emotional sentiments towards their mothers which is not meant to be.
I doubt if you are a woman
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
Slurity:
thank God you are a man too. Your time is coming
Lol I think he will remember this Statement when he is close to the grave and his son care more about mum lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job? / Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.