Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? (21845 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 10, 2022
It hurts me my dad didn’t live long enough to reap the fruit of his labour
Man toiled day and night for his family to have a better life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by MiamiePizza(m): 7:10am On Jan 10, 2022
If I talk about my dad here y'all will never believe a dad could ever be so, I'm a guy and will one dad have my kids so I'll never badmouth my dad. Seriously I'll keep giving my mom money over my dad. Popsi no try at alllll... Mom will always get more while dad get anything from the free will of my heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by lyday60(m): 7:10am On Jan 10, 2022
For real I don't even know what to write here because my own 6 here is your own 9 there. If I come to this world again and again I don't want the kind of mother God gave me now.

I was abandoned @6 years of age and now I am 47years married with kids. I met my mum like 4times in my entire life.

She had us for our Yoruba father and later went to her town to re married and have more kids for her tribes man that later died.

Still love her but my percentage of love is dad 70 and mum 30.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by UncleKoboko: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why must you give them?
You grew up in a foster home, you can't understand...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Glycolite: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2022
ecolime:
It's really sad. Lets learn to love and appreciate our fathers too. It is not easy to be a man. Most fathers live selflessly.

Generally, fathers are underappreciated.
We live in a society where it feels normal for children to love their mother more than their father. But some few situation where the children tend to love their father more than their mother,the mother tend to feel threatened and jealous,I still don't understand why most feel so.
Most child grew up with the impression that their mother is the reason for their survival,protection and care,forgetting their is someone inthe background that ensures that everything the family needs is in place,in terms of better standard of living,house for them to lay their head under,protection against external elements and intruders ,and provision for the daily upkeep of the family.
Fathers are very very underappreciated,and nobody sees anything wrong with that.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by darenzoworld: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2022
I disagree with you saying father's blessing speaks more than thousand times of the mother. If you go to any spiritual places for special prayers, no one will ask you of your father's name, only your mother's is been ask because there is 80 per cent sure sey na she born you....you papa own E NO TOO PURE....for me sha,na the 2 good......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Judolisco(m): 7:12am On Jan 10, 2022
It's because my mum wil give my dad..
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:13am On Jan 10, 2022
You get it...that's the only reason I give mum more...not because I love one more than the other.. Dad will be doing the man is good
Omakraid:
If my dad were alive and I have enough to give both, I will give my mum far more than my dad because my mum will spend hers on housekeep and feeding while my dad will spend his as father Christmas by giving people who ought to give to him and food items will not smell 1naira from his money
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by juman(m): 7:14am On Jan 10, 2022
The child stay with the mother for longer time than dad.
Mother show immense love daily.
Also most mother are soft dealing with the child than the dad, that action stay in child mind forever.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:14am On Jan 10, 2022
UncleKoboko:

You grew up in a foster home, you can't understand...
wink
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by 360command: 7:15am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Yes, i understand the roles of fathers in the house. But mothers plays bulk of it all. Children tend to love their mothers naturally than fathers. It's nature!
You are right. As kids we were always around mom but the few times we are with dad, his words about life, hustle,family ,home remains in our head till today. A man has wisdom, they are very principled and discipline.. it is that wisdom you use as you grow up. Today, I stand because of my dad. I am successful because of my dad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Ofolete: 7:15am On Jan 10, 2022
Baawaa:
I give the two of them

God will bless you more.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by XYZADIGOR7: 7:16am On Jan 10, 2022
Afer My Popcy Retired Frm Service And All His Children Done Hammer, Any Money Thad Enter His Pocket, This Nigger Hardly Bring It Out O, But Any Amont We Gift Our Mum, She Will Equaly Spent It For One Or Two Things That Wil Benefit Evryone In The House. That Is Why I Prefer Sending Her Than My Dad. I Can't Speak 4 My Siblings Sha
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Double0h7(f): 7:16am On Jan 10, 2022
Our father gets all the money and he looks after mama. It's a respect thing, mum would be offended if we told her this is for you. It has to go to the old man either way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Studyinchina200(m): 7:16am On Jan 10, 2022
I prefer giving my dad money and I do this intentionally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Glycolite: 7:16am On Jan 10, 2022
darenzoworld:
I disagree with you saying father's blessing speaks more than thousand times of the mother. If you go to any spiritual places for special prayers, no one will ask you of your father's name, only your mother's is been ask because there is 80 per cent sure sey na she born you....you papa own E NO TOO PURE....for me sha,na the 2 good......

And you don't think that's why paternity fraud and DNA testing should be taking serious by men who decide to go the marriage way ?

Here you are,though too shallow to understand, bringing to men's conscious the paternity fraud issue that have been inthe news for a time ,now.
Damn!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:

So na your papa no suffer? Who paid your fees? Who gave your mother money to cloth you? Stop these sentiments towards mother's.

Stop judging what people do with their families.
He said his mother suffered the most. Do you know if his mother was the breadwinner of his family?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by reservd(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Yes, i understand the roles of fathers in the house. But mothers plays bulk of it all. Children tend to love their mothers naturally than fathers. It's nature!
It has nothing to do with nature, it's about who is more available to care for the children which ofcourse is most likely the mother as the father is always out to work to provide for the family.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Glycolite: 7:20am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:

You don't understand the roles of father.
If you do,you won't make a claim that mothers play the bulk of it when it comes to family and child wellbeing.
You underappreciated the sacrifices fathers make for their family,and overestimated the sacrifices mothers make for the family.
And society is at the forefront of engineering these manipulation and questionable mindsets among children.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Ropostic120(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2022
The love of a mother to her children is awesomely awesome. It can't be compared to any. It can't be even compared to the love that exists between a husband and wife.
Such a love is very pure and unique and that is the reason children tend to love and relate with their mothers than their fathers.
They are bond since the days in the womb, nursing them by giving them breasts and backing them them at the back.
Those shows of love linger for long in the memories of the children.

I was 9 when my father died and it didn't affect me that much but when my mum died when I was 21.my world nearly came to an end. It took me more than ten years before I could get over it.

No IDOL like one's mother.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why must you give them?

I wonder o like na me send them message to give birth to me.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by nedekid: 7:22am On Jan 10, 2022
amrichy:
I think it's because our mothers usually need financial supports than our fathers. Also, giving a father who is financially okay money will sound insultive.
But of course, if a sensible child knows his/her father needs some financial assistance and he/she is buoyant enough to assist, he wouldn't hesitate to do so.
"giving a father who is financially okay money will sound insultive."
I disagree, a father that is well to do appreciates the simple thing you give even more. See, most well do fathers don't get gifts from people, usually they are the givers so the few times they get gifts, cash etc it touches them.
Do you know designer perfume I gave my old man 25 years ago he still has it? First salary one of my siblings earned and gave to him 30 years ago he still has in an envilope? We were shocked when he showed us.
Please it does not sound insultive to give ok fathers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by juman(m): 7:22am On Jan 10, 2022
Father is fathers of all.
Many fathers fail in their responsibility, but mother has no where to run to except to work harder and provide anyhow for the children.

Many families they have absentee father.

Even as big as obasanjo is, many of his children don't like him much.
That's typical father.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:

You're just a hardened simp

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Kingjay5(m): 7:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Well as for me , is my mother and the singular reason is that, my dad has never been responsible for anything in our life. My mum pays all the bills. His living but assumed dead In our life.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:24am On Jan 10, 2022
PUSSYHOE:

I wonder o like na me send them message to give birth to me.
Na Nigerians mentality be that oo.. grin
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vickydevoka(m): 7:24am On Jan 10, 2022
chatinent:
Mum knows to manage well.
I can't try dat. You want my father to chase me. U must give ma as de head h go give mela her own

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by CocoaOla: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2022
amrichy:
how did we come to the conclusion that children give their mom money than their dad?

Hatared is distorting Nigerians sense of judgment
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:26am On Jan 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Na Nigerians mentality be that oo.. grin

I am currently not talking to them since 29th December, feeling entitled to my little Change knowing i have a son with baby mama paying child support.

I insulted both of them and they never call me this year
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by vickydevoka(m): 7:26am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

Eya.
My papa suffered de most
Papa---- 80%
Mama-----20%

Las las my pap go spend all de money on her.bcus my pap no de drink or chase women

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by CocoaOla: 7:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Ropostic120:
The love of a mother to her children is awesomely awesome. It can't be compared to any. It can't be even compared to the love that exists between a husband and wife.
Such a love is very pure and unique and that is the reason children tend to love and relate with their mothers than their fathers.
They are bond since the days in the womb, nursing them by giving them breasts and backing them them at the back.
Those shows of love linger for long in the memories of the children.

I was 9 when my father died and it didn't affect me that much but when my mum died when I was 21.my world nearly came to an end. It took me more than ten years before I could get over it.

No IDOL like one's mother.

How do you know hatred is distorting your sense of judgment like other hateful Nigerian s
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by dingbang(m): 7:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Honor your father and your mother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job? / Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up / Public Lies Married Women Tell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.