Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? (21832 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 8:37am On Jan 10, 2022
CondemnBattery:
If you are a Christian, please read your Bible very well. The blessing or a father is
next to God's blessing. Don't catch cruise with everything for the sake of likes
leave dem na
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:37am On Jan 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Most mother's we have today are naccisist . They think about themselves and themselves only. They want everything. Some of them even get jealous when their kids give more money to their dad than them. These kids in return forget that it's their dad who struggled to feed them , train them through school, provide for their needs etc. If that's the case, pls take care of your dad. If reverse is the case then your mom.

But always remember the popsi wey suffer because of you. The popsi who woke up early to get to work just to make money for you. He paid your school fees, clothed you, even the Christmas cloth and shoes your mama buy for you, na your popsi drop the money. If you wan do anything for house , na your popsi go drop money. Pls remember your father's. Africans generally have this emotional sentiments towards their mothers which is not meant to be.
Exactly
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by HarunaWest(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2022
Omakraid:

My dad's own is different. He doesn't spend in the house and even those he spent on almost killed him. It was later he started chasing them away by himself. Its not bad if you have money, give relatives and at the same time take care of your family but making the people outside think because he can give them that much, his family is receiving double is not good, it made us not have people helping
okay probably his reason us different. But don't hate the man for that. Sit him down one day and ask him his reasons to see whether e make sense or not.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2022
Loewe:
I can't speak for everyone, but the reason a lot of Africans will always prefer their mothers to their fathers is because of POLYGAMY! Once you're born in a polygamous family, the only person who truly has your back is your mother because the father has a divided heart and most polygamous fathers aren't loyal to their children.

For those who grew up in nuclear families where the father was RESPONSIBLE, the result is usually different. As men, we must understand that we can't always eat our cake and have it. Children know when they are shown love and will usually reciprocate the same when they grow up. Impregnating a woman doesn't make you a father, it's by assuming your responsibilities.
Does giving birth makes u a mother ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Omakraid(f): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2022
SmartyPants:

Same female mentality - always better to receive than to give ba?

cheesy
Meaning?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:40am On Jan 10, 2022
chudez0147:
DamnNigga
Isoright!!

Because my dad would spend the money with his side chic, but my mum would use it for the family. My opinion!
U have gat a useless Dad

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by CocoaOla: 8:40am On Jan 10, 2022
tuzle:
How is there hatred in what he typed? From his point of view, he prefers his mom because he stayed longer with her and she acted as both the father and mother even when his father died at an early age. So how is that hate.

You are blessed thanks sir
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2022
pinkcottoncandy:
Some dad's are useless... depends on your family dynamic....some dad's left the whole load to the mother while they serviced many girl friends...no contribution....only wife beating
Simp
Are some mother's not useless ?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by TheManOfTheYear: 8:42am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
And who told you i undermined the work of my father biko? It's natural for children to love their mothers more than their fathers

I mean mothers who stood with their fathers through thin and thick
Lol, I've been reading your posts, and to be very honest, you aren't making sense with this mentality.
Just kuku tell us that your dad wasn't so responsible, cuz all these points you're making is not valid.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by omooba969(m): 8:42am On Jan 10, 2022
Simran94:

It depends on the kind of father. You don’t expect a child who grew up being a witness to his father always beating his mother up over little quarrels for decades, having affairs with young girls and would rather spend his money on them than take care of his wife, to give that same father more money than his mom. Same father that will end up marrying another woman while abandoning the child’s mother, it’s not possible for such child to have this in mind and still spend more on the father than his mother who suffered in the hands of his father.

In other words, you are punishing your father for his sins. grin
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by TheManOfTheYear: 8:44am On Jan 10, 2022
Ibfpleasant:
doing for your patents is so good but doing for your mother most is the best. A lot of people will understand this especially fellow Muslims..
No be you go tell am wetin to do
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:44am On Jan 10, 2022
Ofadaman:
Truth is, the world isn't fair to men,but that's how the world works, growing up as kids we see more of our mum, they provide the care and all, but we hardly see the real side of our fathers because our mums portray our dad's as the enforcer who only disciplines, meanwhile the man toils from dawn to dusk to make the money ,it's the money that our mum's translate into the good things like food, school bags,fees, clothes, parties etc .
This places the mothers in position of care and weakness, a position that uncannily makes we want to care and protect them, we grow up with that mindset such that when parents are aged we send money to our mums in hope that they'd transform it into something good. Now, this is where we are wrong, women aren't good with power especially over their husbands, should you take this approach, the women will try to subjugate her husband and soon you'd find your father becoming more naive and have less voice in home affairs.

As a son, who understands , when you send money , send to your mum for the house items with your dad knowing, but also send to your Dad privately for his pocket (even if it's a quarter of what you gave your mum for the house items) , because a man needs it for his confidence.

The world has no sympathy for men, even in their old age, they have no where to run to, no shoulder to lean on, even their own kids abandon them. No one remembers their struggle, have you heard of any musician singing about how his father prayed for him or advices him?.. it's always the mums.

If you're a man and reading this, You can break this circle, be there for your father,

Tell this to your sons also.

Exactly bro

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by kilisi(m): 8:44am On Jan 10, 2022
juman:
The child stay with the mother for longer time than dad.
Mother show immense love daily.
Also most mother are soft dealing with the child than the dad, that action stay in child mind forever.

Father also show immense love by working their a$$es off to provide for the family.
Fathers can't stay longer with their children because of their responsibility as provider for the family.

And to your third pont, Children need fatherly discipline to become responsible adults.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Omakraid(f): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2022
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Omakraid(f): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
okay probably his reason us different. But don't hate the man for that. Sit him down one day and ask him his reasons to see whether e make sense or not.
I've never hated him ooo, Infact I really wished he was still alive. He died in my hands, he started getting frustrated when he saw that people are not really the way they seemed from the way the people he was always helping treated him when he had stroke (16yrs). We were the only ones that were there for him. I would never handpick my mum to come and stay with me while leaving him behind.. It is well

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 10, 2022
omooba969:

In other words, you are punishing your father for his sins. grin

Not my father oo.
It’s isn’t about punishment. As a child who experienced all these, do you know the trauma that child will grow up with? The kind of mentality that child will grow up with? The hate that child will grow up with?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by ayoplenty: 8:48am On Jan 10, 2022
pinkcottoncandy:
Some dad's are useless... depends on your family dynamic....some dad's left the whole load to the mother while they serviced many girl friends...no contribution....only wife beating
There are irresponsible mothers also, we are talking about a situation where the father and mother played their roles perfectly; the father provides food, shelter, education and the mother takes adequate care of the children being around at every point of need but with the resources provided by the father. It is usually late for most men to appreciate their father they only regret when their children are paying them with their own coin.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Ladycewhy(f): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2022
thatigboman1:
ur assumption
Nope from what I have seen.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:50am On Jan 10, 2022
PUSSYHOE:

Parents wey take care of you or invest in you? Or parents after their own self-interest and happiness.
You have a point tho..
Just take good care of yourself..
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Naijaolosho2: 8:51am On Jan 10, 2022
I tap into the grace that is working for you.

Nebes:
I remember buying gifts for my mother when I was in SS2. I remember how she cried but I don’t remember anything else she said. I think she prayed for me. I’m not sure. She died same year.

Now I remember the day I dashed my father 1K. He took it and asked me to kneel down. He told me that God will lead me and break down every barrier in this life for me. My father also died before I became stable financially. Today any time I break through any barrier I remember my father. I always succeed even where others fail. Rules are always bent for me to ensure I get anything I want. That was the only thing I remember giving him. I wish I gave him more.

I don’t care how much you give your mother but one blessing from your father will speak for you more than a thousand from your mother. Remember that without him you won’t even have anybody to call mother. Give to your father please. Provoke his emotional side and hear him bless you.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 8:52am On Jan 10, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Lol, I've been reading your posts, and to be very honest, you aren't making sense with this mentality.
Just kuku tell us that your dad wasn't so responsible, cuz all these points you're making is not valid.
It's your choice to love and possibly hate your mother

It's also your choice to love both either
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2022
HenryDion:

You're a simp. It's as simpLE as that ... No argument!
Then you are alpha and omega right? Congratulations
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by cherryCola: 8:56am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

Can you imagine this E-diot undecided.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Yommychrz(m): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Most mother's we have today are naccisist . They think about themselves and themselves only. They want everything. Some of them even get jealous when their kids give more money to their dad than them. These kids in return forget that it's their dad who struggled to feed them , train them through school, provide for their needs etc. If that's the case, pls take care of your dad. If reverse is the case then your mom. Brotherly no be every popsy get their kids for heart o...some don’t send talking from experience

But always remember the popsi wey suffer because of you. The popsi who woke up early to get to work just to make money for you. He paid your school fees, clothed you, even the Christmas cloth and shoes your mama buy for you, na your popsi drop the money. If you wan do anything for house , na your popsi go drop money. Pls remember your father's. Africans generally have this emotional sentiments towards their mothers which is not meant to be.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by TheManOfTheYear: 8:59am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
It's your choice to love and possibly hate your mother

It's also your choice to love both either
Ode, I don't hate my mum, I love both equally.

And that's how it should be, except one has been irresponsible
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by DMerciful(m): 9:00am On Jan 10, 2022
Many of the guys that gave comment said their mothers suffered the most for them and I understand why they're so naive. They think the person that serve them food is automatically the provider.

You all would grow up to be treated by your children same way, then you'd know how it feels. Continue in your naivety. The life expectancy of men is low because they take the most risk to ensure everything is provided for children who couldn't see beyond ice-cream to know where it's coming from. Funny enough the females tend to appreciate their fathers more than these foolish boys undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Nauttyprof(m): 9:00am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Yes, i understand the roles of fathers in the house. But mothers plays bulk of it all. Children tend to love their mothers naturally than fathers. It's nature!

Nature has nothing to do with this. While my Dad was alive, we all loved him more than our Mum and this does not suggest that my mother was a bad woman either. Both took care of us while growing up and we all lived under a roof. Infact, the love for our mother only grew stronger after the death of our Dad when we saw all what she had to go through for us. Nature has no play in this matter. Rather, the way and manner they go about handling issues.

Asides the bad fathers around, many love their mothers so much not because of she taking care of them but for the closeness to the kids while growing up and many of the connivance with the children against the Father. Also, when the father disciplines the children, rather than the mother support the man in this, she goes behind him to show love and support to the children. There are many instances where the man will be seen as wicked while the mother will be seen as being the nice and caring type simply due to the she appearing nice before the kids and not supporting the man in times of discipline or training the children on finance issues too. So, the love grows more for the mother without seeing the Labour of the man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by BBBmall25: 9:01am On Jan 10, 2022
chatinent:
Mum knows to manage well.
AS A JW. ORG U BE, I NEVA XPECT THIS BIAS COMMENT 4RUM U SIR. ME SEF BE PAPA, AND I SABI MANAGE MONEY WELL.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 9:02am On Jan 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
relax bro, give it some decades u will understand, karma is real
please What is the karma there please? Showing love for both parents but the mothers love was way higher and you are here saying karma

It's natural most children love their mothers more than their fathers and there's nothing you can do about that
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by princewarri1985: 9:04am On Jan 10, 2022
This totally unacceptable in all ramification, because a retired NNPC staff in my neighbourhood spent thousands of dollars from his hard earned pension to train his first daughter in a university in the US she graduated and stayed back in the US got a job and guess what? He sent money to Nigeria for her parents and he asked the receiver to give her mom 800k and the father only 50k, and the father was so angry that he chased everybody away from his house including his wife and all his children and he threatened to sell of his house which worth about 50 million and use the money to rellocate abroad and take of himself for once, because he said he has spent all his life taking care of his children and also sacrificing for them but they dont appreciate it, family had to intervened and he even threatened to disowned his first daughter ese who lives in the US

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 9:04am On Jan 10, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Ode, I don't hate my mum, I love both equally.

And that's how it should be, except one has been irresponsible
And who told you we don't love both equally Mr?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by ogwuche4u(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Yes, i understand the roles of fathers in the house. But mothers plays bulk of it all. Children tend to love their mothers naturally than fathers. It's nature!

That's because the dad is always hustling and bustling to put food on the table for the man. The mom most time doesn't do anything but provide emotional support to the children and that's why children are drawn to their mother. Honestly, the sacrifices of father for their children outweighs that of the mother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.