Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? (21837 Views)

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 9:51am On Jan 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
ahh no na

As una dey talk like say father no get responsibilities at all.

I remember wen my mum left my dad

I remember how mu dad would lock me and my younger sister indoor by night and went to farm amidst insecurity in the town just to get us food to eat before its dawn, if not we would go to school empty stomached

I remember wen my dad would leave wateva he's doing in the evening just to cook for us

I remember how my father was running helter-skelter just to pay for my waec and neco

I remember how he sold property to pay my bills

And one oponu will be telling me that mother cares is more than the father care, dont get me wrong, my mother had her on impact, she did well for me wen i was in higher institution but i cant compare it with the suffering and the shame my father borne cus of us.

Make i gat money first, my parent go enjoy wella but my papa go know say he born pikin[b], i pray God keep both alive for me[/b]
Amen!
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by donolatunji(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Most mother's we have today are naccisist . They think about themselves and themselves only. They want everything. Some of them even get jealous when their kids give more money to their dad than them. These kids in return forget that it's their dad who struggled to feed them , train them through school, provide for their needs etc. If that's the case, pls take care of your dad. If reverse is the case then your mom.

But always remember the popsi wey suffer because of you. The popsi who woke up early to get to work just to make money for you. He paid your school fees, clothed you, even the Christmas cloth and shoes your mama buy for you, na your popsi drop the money. If you wan do anything for house , na your popsi go drop money. Pls remember your father's. Africans generally have this emotional sentiments towards their mothers which is not meant to be.

I keenly agree to your opinion.
There's a notion that I tell my folks on issues like this, and it's simply "when you (as a child) become a parent(,as a father) you'll understand better" periodt.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Qatar2022: 9:52am On Jan 10, 2022
finishmatter:

Really?
Stop replying this kids here please for your peace of mind
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Equity15(m): 9:53am On Jan 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
relax bro, give it some decades u will understand, karma is real
just leave him. He thinks it's easy.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2022
Qatar2022:

Kids talking trash , soon you will got married
Even fathers know that children loves their mother much more than them. They understand the bond from womb mother shares with the children and after birth. They understand the pain and risk she took in having the children. They understand the sleepless night, the tears when the children aren't in good condition and they have come to terms with that

We love both parents no doubt. Nonetheless, the mothers love will always outweigh that of the fathers to some extent
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Fe190: 9:57am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
And who told you i undermined the work of my father biko? It's natural for children to love their mothers more than their fathers

I mean mothers who stood with their fathers through thin and thick

Just for clarity, did the father not also stick with the mother through thick and thin?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Bmaster(m): 10:02am On Jan 10, 2022
Omakraid:
If my dad were alive and I have enough to give both, I will give my mum far more than my dad because my mum will spend hers on housekeep and feeding while my dad will spend his as father Christmas by giving people who ought to give to him and food items will not smell 1naira from his money
just read again what you wrote,this time slowly...
I bet you,you won't find it meaningful
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Amen!
i understand u but do u know women are manipulative?? Most of dem but not all.

Am currently with my gf as we speak, my atm is with her, she's withdrawing money from my account to run the house as usual and a no mind as i am not the tym.

Yesterday one of her customer gave her money but she kept it in her handbag grin, this morning we she was goin out she told me she would love to eat vegetable soup, out of the 2600 that was in the ous, (the change remaining from yesterday) she took 1100 and left 1500 for me, i ask why she said 1k should be enough as its only vegetable and fish she want to buy. But as a caring man, i told her to take another 1k from the 1500 she left behind and bring the change without minding that she has her own money which she can contribute.

Let now assume we hav a kid or two, out of the 2100 i gave her she buys things if 500 for the kids, dat is when u will see her telling the kids that its her money she's spending on dem and how she suffers to make those monies. instead of apportioning my credit to me, noo dey would want to claim all
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Qatar2022: 10:04am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Even fathers know that children loves their mother much more than them. They understand the bond from womb mother shares with the children and after birth. They understand the pain and risk she took in having the children. They understand the sleepless night, the tears when the children aren't in good condition and they have come to terms with that

We love both parents no doubt. Nonetheless, the mothers love will always outweigh that of the fathers to some extent
I still maintain my stand that you're not married because if you do, you won't be saying this
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Slynation(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Yes, i understand the roles of fathers in the house. But mothers plays bulk of it all. Children tend to love their mothers naturally than fathers. It's nature!
Baba speak for yourself oO...
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by omosuper(m): 10:05am On Jan 10, 2022
chatinent:
Mum knows to manage well.
I will always give more to my dad because he manages my mother properly.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Matthew2925(m): 10:08am On Jan 10, 2022
Cause my mum is my everything and my world. She has made me who I am today.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 10:08am On Jan 10, 2022
Qatar2022:

I still maintain my stand that you're not married because if you do, you won't be saying this
My father isn't married yet for him to know that children tend to love their mothers more than the fathers right?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by CondemnBattery(f): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2022
I wish I could give you more likes. You have spoken like a real man that was both a child and is a husband.
I have copy your response to my other thread
Ofadaman:
Truth is, the world isn't fair to men,but that's how the world works, growing up as kids we see more of our mum, they provide the care and all, but we hardly see the real side of our fathers because our mums portray our dad's as the enforcer who only disciplines, meanwhile the man toils from dawn to dusk to make the money ,it's the money that our mum's translate into the good things like food, school bags,fees, clothes, parties etc .
This places the mothers in position of care and weakness, a position that uncannily makes we want to care and protect them, we grow up with that mindset such that when parents are aged we send money to our mums in hope that they'd transform it into something good. Now, this is where we are wrong, women aren't good with power especially over their husbands, should you take this approach, the women will try to subjugate her husband and soon you'd find your father becoming more naive and have less voice in home affairs.

As a son, who understands , when you send money , send to your mum for the house items with your dad knowing, but also send to your Dad privately for his pocket (even if it's a quarter of what you gave your mum for the house items) , because a man needs it for his confidence.

The world has no sympathy for men, even in their old age, they have no where to run to, no shoulder to lean on, even their own kids abandon them. No one remembers their struggle, have you heard of any musician singing about how his father prayed for him or advices him?.. it's always the mums.

If you're a man and reading this, You can break this circle, be there for your father,

Tell this to your sons also.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by ivolt: 10:10am On Jan 10, 2022
Femi8586:

Sheybi na man you be? cheesy

Your own time is coming too.

Your kids go buy Benz and house for their mum while you get newspaper to read. wink

It is poverty that make is fuelling these kind of topics.
When a father or mother is comfortable on their own, your presence and not your gifts
will be more appreciated.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by mukthar2000(m): 10:14am On Jan 10, 2022
I was always conversant with her face thought out all the years she breastfed me that she was very careing tmothet that I most always pay her back too as well.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by enambobo(m): 10:14am On Jan 10, 2022
Heterodox:
Nonsense.

Unless one has a useless mother the potency of blessings is the same.
Na lie. Check in Bible times. Fathers were the ones blessing sons not mothers. God in heaven recognize the blessings of fathers because he is the direct head of the family. Abraham blessed his son Isaac, Isaac blessed Jacob, Jacob blessed Joseph and the list goes on. where you see say mother bless son for Bible?
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Spherical77(m): 10:17am On Jan 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
i understand u but do u know women are manipulative?? Most of dem but not all.

Am currently with my gf as we speak, my atm is with her, she's withdrawing money from my account to run the house as usual and a no mind as i am not the tym.

Yesterday one of her customer gave her money but she kept it in her handbag grin, this morning we she was goin out she told me she would love to eat vegetable soup, out of the 2600 that was in the ous, (the change remaining from yesterday) she took 1100 and left 1500 for me, i ask why she said 1k should be enough as its only vegetable and fish she want to buy. But as a caring man, i told her to take another 1k from the 1500 she left behind and bring the change without minding that she has her own money which she can contribute.

Let now assume we hav a kid or two, out of the 2100 i gave her she buys things if 500 for the kids, dat is when u will see her telling the kids that its her money she's spending on dem and how she suffers to make those monies. instead of apportioning my credit to me, noo dey would want to claim all
Yeah you are right. Some mothers are manipulative no doubt. I think it's naturally in women's nature to manipulate except those who chose not to utilise it.

But come to think of it, is it still possible for mothers to manipulate their grown children? Like children who is way above 18 and possibly in the university or done with school? I felt it's almost impossible to achieve that because those children are grown, wiser and smarter to fall for their mother manipulative tactics.

Also you know as Africans. They assume even if your mother abandoned you for another man and you became a successful young man. It's expected of you to look after your mother. They'd start preaching how she carried you for 9 months, gave birth to you, such her breast and many more. That alone will wash off her sins you get
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Fe190: 10:19am On Jan 10, 2022
ivolt:

It is poverty that make is fuelling these kind of topics.
When a father or mother is comfortable on their own, your presence and not your gifts
will be more appreciated.

We tend to use poverty to try to end discussions, are you saying that the rich parents don't also appreciate gifts from their children? Or in case you're financially buoyant, won't you buy your parents something on their birthday or just send them something once in a while when you think of them? I don't think comfy parents would complain if you don't buy them gifts, but if you're buying gifts for your friends, it's only fair you extend it to your parents
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by TVTKOKO(m): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Gentlemen, no matter how small try give caring attention to your kids.! Show them love and they won't forget this.
Most fathers just provide the money and leave the rest responsibility to the mother.
The children sees this and they remember.

In my case, i grew up seeing maltreatment from my dad to my mum because he had a second wife and this made us get little or no attention from him.
Mum had to struggle to cater for her own children, going to school was hell! This is part of the reason why I've not attended a degree program because i had to hussle.
My dad is back to my mum now because he had some issues with the second wife.
So tell me, if i become wealthy, who's gon enjoy the bulk of my wealth between the two??
I'd surely already built a duplex for my mum before even considering a bungalow for my dad!!!
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by CondemnBattery(f): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Yes boss. Enough of the sidelining by wives.
Some will even tell the kids how useless their dad is, how she's the one taking care of the family, even when it's the man that provides everything.
OlawaleBammie:
Omooooooo am loving this aswear

See sense biko, men are getting wiser grin
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Karleb(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2022
Alldew:
Why are you guys afraid and now singing the song of also give to you father. Is it because you're getting old and you will be needing help? The thing is in every family setting the children knows who suffered more and when is time of harvest they know who to give more too. You can't be an irresponsible father and start chanting give to your father more.
As for me my dad is no more and even if he was to be alive he will get far less than my mom. I was 17 when he died and trust me I know a lot about him. My mom is ready to empty her account just to see you succeed and she is still doing it till date. My mom will give you her phone and be phoneless till you get a new one. My mom will give you the last money on her so long it's for something that will better your life.
So you men should stop with the blackmail of one day what you did to your dad will be done to you too. Listing all the things men do as if there are women who are not providing all the money for the family and at the same time showing care and love to the children.
Both parents should put in more effort in taking care of their children. Dad should be bringing the money and the women pls don't deceive your children as if you are the one doing every thing. Also let the children know that their dad is also dropping something. I rest my case.

Don't mind them. It is now that they are old that they are trying to blackmail.

Granted, we have horrible mothers. Very very horrible ones and I know a lot of people who would easily, I mean, very easily choose their father over their mother any day, anytime.

As for me, it's my mother, and it's for the following reasons:

My dad earns more.
My dad does the basic stuff while my mom is ready to go the extra mile. To buttress this, my dad makes sure I'm not hungry, my mum makes sure I'm satisfied. My dad makes sure I exist, my mum makes sure I live.

It's not even about the money for me, it's about the attitude.

I love my dad and respect him a lot, in fact, I respect him more than I respect my mum but mama always come first because she puts me first.

They both know this and there is nothing they can do bout it.

Fathers learn to be responsible and its not always about money.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Heterodox(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2022
enambobo:

Na lie. Check in Bible times. Fathers were the ones blessing sons not mothers. God in heaven recognize the blessings of fathers because he is the direct head of the family. Abraham blessed his son Isaac, Isaac blessed Jacob, Jacob blessed Joseph and the list goes on. where you see say mother bless son for Bible?
lol.. we're talking reality you're mentioning bible.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by enambobo(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2022
darenzoworld:
I disagree with you saying father's blessing speaks more than thousand times of the mother. If you go to any spiritual places for special prayers, no one will ask you of your father's name, only your mother's is been ask because there is 80 per cent sure sey na she born you....you papa own E NO TOO PURE....for me sha,na the 2 good......
Which one is spiritual places? They are just playing with your gullible heart. They know with the mention of your mother, they've got your weakest link and chances are high you will believe their story.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by oodua1stson: 10:29am On Jan 10, 2022
superintendents:
gbammm...she suffer the most...so for me ?

mom...70%

dad......30%

you have been sold a lie. Father's suffer more to raise a family.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by lordally(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2022
princewarri1985:
This totally unacceptable in all ramification, because a retired NNPC staff in my neighbourhood spent thousands of dollars from his hard earned pension to train his first daughter in a university in the US she graduated and stayed back in the US got a job and guess what? He sent money to Nigeria for her parents and he asked the receiver to give her mom 800k and the father only 50k, and the father was so angry that he chased everybody away from his house including his wife and all his children and he threatened to sell of his house which worth about 50 million and use the money to rellocate abroad and take of himself for once, because he said he has spent all his life taking care of his children and also sacrificing for them but they dont appreciate it, family had to intervened and he even threatened to disowned his first daughter ese who lives in the US

What happened at the end? How was the matter later handled cos the girl no try at all...
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by omosuper(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2022
My father had 3wives. The surprise,we all loved him more than our mothers even after he died.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Heterodox(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2022
CondemnBattery:
If you are a Christian, please read your Bible very well. The blessing of a father is
next to God's blessing. Don't catch cruise with everything for the sake of likes
Let your mother curse you and have your father bless you. Then come around and see if your father's blessings will save you from your mother's curse.

Then have your Father curse you and have your mother bless you and see if your Mother's blessing will save you from your Father's curse.

You Africans need to start living by realities and leave religion behind.

Again, both are as equal and potent depending on the leverage they have on you. That is how good or bad they treated you. It has nothing to do with your book. It's a simple law of nature and universe:

If you return evil for good, evil has the liberty to follow you.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by OlawaleBammie: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
Yeah you are right. Some mothers are manipulative no doubt. I think it's naturally in women's nature to manipulate except those who chose not to utilise it.

But come to think of it, is it still possible for mothers to manipulate their grown children? Like children who is way above 18 and possibly in the university or done with school? I felt it's almost impossible to achieve that because those children are grown, wiser and smarter to fall for their mother manipulative tactics.

Also you know as Africans. They assume even if your mother abandoned you for another man and you became a successful young man. It's expected of you to look after your mother. They'd start preaching how she carried you for 9 months, gave birth to you, such her breast and many more. That alone will wash off her sins you get

Guy no make me vex ooh, did i send her to give birth to me??

Wen she knows she cant breastfeed me and back me why did he moan wen she was recvn the gbola??

Abeg a no send her message ooh, even my papa that i love so much sef, if i hear her telling me that he did dis he did that i wil tell him to his eyes that no be me tell him to born pikin ooh, wen u know u can shoulder a responsibility why did you put ur gbola inside toto??

For goodness sake we re just products of these people sexual pleasure

Make nobody tell me she giv me breast ooh, na only her go first give pikin breast

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by enambobo(m): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Heterodox:
lol.. we're talking reality you're mentioning bible.

Knowledge is by experience. How do you mean reality? Did events in the Bible not happen? You had better follow the Holy book and know peace. God in heaven recognize responsible fathers blessings than mothers. But if your father is a hogwash then even his prayers are meaningless. The scripture say a man that fails to take care of his household is worst than a person without faith and even his prayers are meaningless.
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Karleb(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2022
Yansham:
Women are cunny. They have a way of always brainwashing the children that they were there for them all the time.

But as a smart child, you shouldn't be carried away by that.

Personally, whatever I give my mum is exactly what I give my dad. They are both equal in my eyes.

What is this nitori olorun?

This is like saying Buhari has a way of brainwashing Nigerian citizens that he is better than Jonathan.

I hear this a lot and maybe one day, I will address it but the reason why a child would choose the mother over the father is because the mother did more. Children are not blind, they see things.

Funny thing is, all is well when a child chooses his father over his mother.

Their is nothing wrong if a child likes a particular parent more than the other, it's not a crime.

The reason why my dad would call me is favorite today is because his favorite child fuccked up, I was never his favorite and I accepted and respected that.

Enough with this blackmail joor!
Re: Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? by Heterodox(m): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2022
enambobo:

Knowledge is by experience. How do you mean reality? Did events in the Bible not happen? You had better follow the Holy book and know peace. God in heaven recognize responsible fathers blessings than mothers. But if your father is a hogwash then even his prayers are meaningless. The scripture say a man that fails to take care of his household is worst than a person without faith and even his prayers are meaningless.
I don't discuss with religious people. Their ability to reason objectively is averagely nonexistent.

That said, the Bible is themed around Jewish culture which is predominantly patriachist. But this still do not come into the power of words as obtained in blessings and curses.

Anyone can curse and bless you, the effect is dependent on the leverage they have on you.

Mother or Fathers there are no differences. What you presume to understand from a book is of no relevance.

An irresponsible father can for all he likes curse his children from now till eternity it'll make no difference in their life because he has no leverage on them. It's spiritual law of cause and effect. Likewise and irresponsible mother.

The power to curse and bless is not just inherited by virtue of gender or affiliation, there are parameters that makes them effective.

Again, leave your religion behind and face reality.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.