Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu (33833 Views)

Remi And Bola Tinubu In Adorable Photo / Between Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari Decoration Of Service Chiefs - Photos / Difference Between Goodluck And Buhari's NYSC Allowance - Twitter User Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Joysammy: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Don't make a second grave mistake. Even if Jonathan contested and won, he will fight for southerner to complete his second time. So eraze the stupid mindset that the presidency will go back to the North comes 2027.

In a twist of the event and paradventure Jagaban contest and win, heaven will not fall. Forget all these propaganda and useless bloggers. AIT did their worst campaign for both Jagaban and Buhari... In the end, Buhari won.

Bloggers don't vote, pressmen don't vote, some rich people don't waste their time to vote. Only the poor and the less privilege do vote. So, lets get it right this time around.

God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by elonmuskbaby: 8:22am On Jan 10, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be far better than the brown teeth,90yr old drug lord whose real name is Yekini Amoda abi wetin,who nobody knows d real father or mother.
between militants bombing pipelines or agberos/touts having a field day.choose a struggle/demon.that is what op is asking
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by xpool(m): 8:22am On Jan 10, 2022
If not for our incurable sentiments that led us to this doom party and end of time government, who would compare GEJ and Tinubu, PDP and APC, N7,500 per bag of rice and N30,000 per bag of rice.
When PDP was on throne there was little or no ethnic disintegration to national spread. OBJ was never see as a Yoruba president, he adhered to Federal character principle and made sure every state was represented in appointments and employment.
Yaradua was a Fulani man, but through out his half tenure reign, he was never seen as a Fulani man by any section of the country and he was right on course in his governance.
GEJ was also a detribalized president who out of 11 universities he established, 9 were sighted in the north and the economy was normal, purchasing power of Naira was massive, exchange rate was reasonable, inflation was low.

I don't know how PDP do it , they have human feelings in their administration, even till date. They know how to control ethnic tensions to bearable limit. They are more intelligent and use lots of intelligent people as appointees.
At least, no matter how bad you thought PDP were, we could point out some special and outstanding appointees and politicians that the nation enjoyed their services.
Such outstanding officers were, Dora Akunyili, Oby Ezekwesili, Nuru Ribadu, Okonjo-Iweala, Ben M Bruce, Soludo, then foreign affairs minister under OBJ that was paid in dollars and a lot of others you could spot.

APC seems to enjoy sorrow, tears and blood of Nigerians, I have been searching for an outstanding appointee in this APC reign from first tenure to second tenure but, unfortunately there is none.

PDP is smarter and if they produce the next president, enen if it is GEJ Nigeria will be free again.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by orisa37: 8:23am On Jan 10, 2022
BBBmall25:
I ain't fan of politic, and I like JAGABAN. No ipob terrorist worth my mention here

NO EXPERIENCE.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by chidan1214: 8:24am On Jan 10, 2022
SOWORE
SOWORE
SOWORE

backbencher:
Not voting for either, and not choosing buhari , osibanjo, or obasanjo, or atiku, obi, etc...either

We need someone new. Who isn't from PDP or APC.

We also need a Nigerian leader who would take us away from our dependency on oil and set us on the path to innovation, industrialization and actual development, and neither leader is it.

We need a Nigerian leader who would take hard economic decisions at the right time, and not when his or her hand is forced.

Thank you
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Jackson105: 8:25am On Jan 10, 2022
nesgeeek:
Tinubu want to come and eat his own share of national cake and nothing more. Tinubu can't offer Nigerians anything. Goodluck is the only qualified candidate here.

What did Goodluck offer you in his first term, if not for failure of Jonathan, do you think we will have Buhari as president now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by warlordd(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2022
yemmit90:
Though non of them is good for Nigeria at this moment(if there is better alternative) but I will prefer Tinubu over Jonathan. Tinubu legacy is what Lagos is still enjoying today. He know how to work with best team and can set a good path for meaningful development.

Nigeria of today is quite different from Nigeria of pre- 2015 administrations. Only a charismatic powerful leader will do better and re-unite the country after this present administration. Tinubu can do better in this aspect than any other candidate, he will never be a push over, and will definitely deal with emergency of cabal and the issue of insecurity withiout fear of ethnic sentiments.

Which Tinubu are u talking about? The coward that hid inside water tank when Dina Melaye showed up at Bourdillon spoiling for a fight. Do u think Nigeria is Lagos state that he controls like his private estate?
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by chidan1214: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Or

AISHA
AISHA
AISHA

In fact any young person
Including the young lady who just declared her intentions to be the next President

chidan1214:
SOWORE
SOWORE
SOWORE

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Gaabasky:
Compare Tinubu achievement as a Governor and GEJ as governor.

Compare Tinubu achievement and Jonathan achievement in the political climes

Compare both struggle for New democracy in the country

And compare their verse knowledge in international society

And compare their religion and tribal sentimental in high polarished society like ours

Tinubu has edges .

Thank you. Nigeria is a mess because very few Nigerians can think critically and effectively to then be capable of delivering solutions.

Most are emotional and ethnocentric with thinking that is always beclouded by sectional bias.

Forget all the noise of how terrible leaders are. The average Nigerian is the biggest problem of Nigeria. I see direct proof of this as an exposed person who has been to many Nations on Earth.

The average Nigerian is near worthless, as human resources, in comparison to his peers from developed Countries universally or even developong Countries in Africa like Rwanda, Egypt etal.

Only a shamelessly biased and totally hopeless person would be able to adjudge GEJ, by any measure of comparison, better than Tinubu.

That hopeless person would be Nigerian from a nation where logic is always stood on its head and same place people claim they see B whereas the entire world see A.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Babastrong(m): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2022
[quote author=CaptainAyub post=109233646]Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be far better than the brown teeth,90yr old drug lord whose real name is Yekini Amoda abi wetin,who nobody knows d real father or mother.[ Charity they said it begins at home.]
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2022
warlordd:

Which Tinubu are u talking about? The coward that hid inside water tank when Dina Melaye showed up at Bourdillon spoiling for a fight. Do u think Nigeria is Lagos state that he controls like his private estate?

Lol. You should be in celeb section so you can be gossiping about Tonto Dike's boyfriends and other dem sey dem market tales.

Obvious it is minus one folks like you destroying Nigeria. You are the sort of ignorant and mentally lazy youths who will ensure older politicians continue to hold sway because young Nigerians just aren't ready or capable and will likely never be.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Levels1(m): 8:33am On Jan 10, 2022
God1000:
This is a hypothetical question, I still don't know if any of them stand a chance of winning 2023 presidential election, but who has more democratic credentials and expertise among these two political juggernauts?

Who will you vote for if they later become Hobson's choice?

Who among them do you think North will support more? Give reasons

Myn44 please do the needful

Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be a natural disasters as he was a tested failure which I strongly believe all reasonable Nigerians will work against on the other hand, Tinubu has done a lot to create names for himself within his political circle and has a very sound track record as a governor. But then ,is not the only one in Nigeria, must we keep enriching and serving is family, certainly not. We need a Younger vibrant individuals and not the old ones.

My submission

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Elidrisy20: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2022
I rather vote for MNK than to vote for any of them

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nchenches: 8:34am On Jan 10, 2022
BBBmall25:
I ain't fan of politic, and I like JAGABAN. No ipob terrorist worth my mention here

Poor mindset, you think if you mention IPOB, the Sharia states of Northern Nigeria shall make Bola Tinubu president.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by merits(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2022
Superboss:
NONE.
None of them merits it.
None of them has the capacity to manage a complex country in this 21st century.
One of them is a relic who could turn the country la awless entity by empowering touts in all corners., While the other is so weak that touts could overpower him.
You hit the nail on the head.Me I still support Osibanjo than anyone for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Onuoha1234(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2022
Both should step aside now and announce their position. We ha:be brilliant minds waiting in the wings.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by sheriffman(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2022
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN CANNOT CONTEST ANY ELECTION AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 10, 2022
Levels1:

Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be a natural disasters as he was a tested failure which I strongly believe all reasonable Nigerians will work against on the other hand, Tinubu has done a lot to create names for himself within his political circle and has a very sound track record as a governor. But then ,is not the only one in Nigeria, must we keep enriching and serving is family, certainly not. We need a Younger vibrant individuals and not the old ones.

My submission

God will bless you . Great response even the biggest Tinubu fan can respect. You did not lie about the fact, i.e the political record and historically verifiable ability of both leaders, yet you still gave your opinion and conclusion which is a personally acceptable one. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Babastrong(m): 8:42am On Jan 10, 2022
Even the angels will vote against JONATHAN. GOODLUCK KO, BADLUCK NI. guys like jonathan, osinbajo and co cannot handle current nigeria. Nigeria of nowaday needs a tough, strong and strategic man. i would have prefer IDI AMIN OF UGANDA assuming the man is a nigerian and alive.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by justified007: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2022
Asgard63:
If Apc successful land Gej.. God forbid.. he will give any Northerner in Pdp a tight one

But Gej ain’t going anywhere..

Nobody want Tinubu in today Nigeria.. he’s never an option
Na only Yoruba people dey hype am.. others are just cashing out big time .

At least I know of the north.

Maybe the east and south south love Tinubu more

I want Tinubu and I will mobilize for him if he find his way to the ballot. I leaved in Lagos during his reign and I really appreciate him that time

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Denko2721987(m): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2022
nonxo007:
What's wrong with us in this country, we the youth make up the major population and also make up over 60% of electorates but look at the question being asked, between GEJ and Tinubu who'd I vote.
Forget it we should keep suffering, let's keep recycling since them swear for us. Should this be a question ?
GEJ is a disappointment and was a weak leader, what is he coming back to do in government, or is he the only one that can rule this nation ?
Tinubu is sick and feeble, he'll be no different from Buhari, so this is the situation we should remain with for the next couple of years ?
Shame on the youth, shame on all of us, be you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe.
Seun shame on you too for allowing the disgusting level of tribalism on this platform.

Modified
Please take a look a what this lost soul AmadinFestus sent to my mention

Its the same thing that keeps baffling me my brother.. I don't believe in curses, but this one wey they worry us where we can collectively think and act right even after everything said and done is definitely a curse of some sorts.. So despite all that has happened with this present govt., We haven't learnt a single thing It's obvious they have not suffered enough for there to be a reset to order in their sense obviously.. With all the other vibrant and viable options on ground, na these two wey na the same rope tie them with Buhari them wan still shook head enter.. It's just so sad and pathetic.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Victorclean1: 8:54am On Jan 10, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
There’s no earthly way GEJ would defeat Tinubu. What do you guys really have on Tinubu? I want to read facts with receipts please. Keep your sentimental BS away

What happened to Funsho Williams?. What exactly is in the bullion van?. What happened to a good governor (Ambode), working in Lagos , not to go for second tenure?. Nawaooooo I salute unaooo senseless sheeps(SW)

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Thryphosa(m): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2022
I'll rather not vote, need a new person! Okonjo, Adesina AFDB, Osibanjo, Moghalu or any other better option.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Levels1(m): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2022
Dsalvo:

God will bless you . Great response even the biggest Tinubu fan can respect. You did not lie about the fact, i.e the political record and historically verifiable ability of both leaders, yet you still gave your opinion and conclusion which is a personally acceptable one. Kudos.

God will bless us all... Amen.

Honestly is annoying when we youth are fighting over this politicians who only cares about themselves and families whole lots of unemployed graduate are supporting them to keep ruining the Economy
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Ugik(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2022
Should the both of them be up for election,the north will likely tilt towards GEJ owing to the fact that his aspiration helps their political interest since he only has a tenure to rule which will enable the north take back power.
The south south and south east will vote massively for GEJ,not mainly for political reasons but majorly on the basis of tribal and ethnic relation sentiments. So, GEJ stands a bigger chance.
Who will i vote for? Hmmmm. GEJ has faults of his own but you wont take away his ability to administratively bring technocrats together to manage the country and he understands the tenets of what democracy is all about only that he lacks that leadership flair and charisma and age is with him too.
Jagaban lacks age on his side and he is excellently good at human resource management.he has that leadership flair and charisma but its obvious just like Gej,both are corrupt. Will gladly pick jagaban if i dnt see any igbo presidential candidate worth my vote.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Mavor: 8:59am On Jan 10, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be far better than the brown teeth,90yr old drug lord whose real name is Yekini Amoda abi wetin,who nobody knows d real father or mother.

Modified.
For those saying Thiefnuubu laid d foundation for Lagos bla bla,it's always easy for anybody governing Lagos to shine due to the huge IGR and federal allocation.
And Lagos doesn't have public running water,no intra-city railway,no stable public transportation.
Maybe they're talking about the MC Oluomo/owo mi da foundation grin
The foundation of Lagos was laid by people like Jakande and Burba Marwa.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Olakunleyakub(m): 8:59am On Jan 10, 2022
You won't understand since it is not about what you wanted to see.
Everyone can't be blind like you guys.

Useless set it people with low self-esteem
ThEGodFaThEr117:

Which kind grammar be this for Goodness sake?
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by gevans(m): 9:01am On Jan 10, 2022
Youthful President I stand
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Wumex91: 9:07am On Jan 10, 2022
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by barcaboi(m): 9:07am On Jan 10, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Modified.
For those saying Thiefnuubu laid d foundation for Lagos bla bla,it's always easy for anybody governing Lagos to shine due to the huge IGR and federal allocation.
And Lagos doesn't have public running water,no intra-city railway,no stable public transportation.
Maybe they're talking about the MC Oluomo/owo mi da foundation grin
You shot yourself; learn some history: man grew the IGR from 600m to 20b even after 4years of no allocation. (No allocation means staff are going to suffer salaries and infrastructure) but man made it work. Guy learn about political space then throw jibes. That’s how it works
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by kayusely70(m): 9:11am On Jan 10, 2022
Both of them have huge baggages. We should be looking at a fresh, younger and energetic person widely acceptable across the country.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by yetunsbay(m): 9:15am On Jan 10, 2022
warlordd:

this premise will be mentioned after BAT won

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Okey Ahiwe Emerges Abia PDP Governorship Candidate (See Votes) / Troops Storm Sambisa Enclave, Kill 6 Boko Haram Terrorists (Graphic Photos) / The Best Of Patience Jonathan Speeches 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.