Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu (33827 Views)

Remi And Bola Tinubu In Adorable Photo / Between Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari Decoration Of Service Chiefs - Photos / Difference Between Goodluck And Buhari's NYSC Allowance - Twitter User Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by BoBiafra(m): 6:58am On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:

New constitution won't do anything better than the old one.

Better to work through your politicians to amend the old. Better still to run for office and be the change you want.

Better also to call your politicians to order via the vote, advocacy, etc

Better to focus on your state and local government chairman with the same energy you focus on Aso Rock

And if you want a new constitution, you have to go via the National assembly.

Simple.

Which National assembly?
They got there via the Fraudulent 1999 constitution;
They agreed to amend it prio to election;but abandoned it afterwards;
Nigeria was a better federation ;with the appropriate constitution The 1963 constitution;let us go back to that; or rather the negotiated independence constitution.
We cant keep on ;conducting election ;with a fraudulent foundation/1999 constitution.
No more legitimizing; that fraud; yall call a constitution.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by AllahIsSatan: 7:00am On Jan 10, 2022
Neither of them. I vote for Nigeria to be dissolved as a country so everyone can go their own way.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Collins4u1(m): 7:01am On Jan 10, 2022
None. I rather keep my card to Rest.

2 idiots

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Chuksmonika(m): 7:02am On Jan 10, 2022
GEJ all the way!
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Lovenorth: 7:03am On Jan 10, 2022
Yoruba among them is the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by anyilalaz: 7:03am On Jan 10, 2022
NOT AGAIN!!!
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by coast2sahara: 7:03am On Jan 10, 2022
I, in particular would prefer Tinubu, he may be brown toothed, he may be Muslim, he may be aging already, his antecedents as regards managing human resources speaks volume.

His choice though, would alter religious balance that Southern Nigerians seek when choosing who becomes president.
Am also afraid that he may compromise greatly due to desperation.

He has capacity to galvanize his base and supporters. He (Tinubu) is a politician of repute and understands Nigeria's complexities.

GEJ, a good man, a gentle man, very malleable, slow to anger, would make very poor judgements if giving another chance at the presidency.
He will be faced with a lot of difficulties considering that the Buhari administration has set up almost unbreakable barriers in almost every sector of the Nigerian systems.

Neither north nor south will benefit from a GEJ four more years. The south will be the worst losers in the end.

Unfortunately, the choice of who becomes president may slip out of the hands of Nigerians if relevant institutions that can guarantee a fair process are not strengthened.

I See a well orchestrated plan from some very powerful northern politicians in collaboration with some folks from the south to use chaos and violence as a strategy to reduce votes from some areas or states during the 2023 election so as to pave way for their preferred candidate to emerge in 2023.
Some hitherto violent places will turn out more votes than some places you see now as peaceful.

What can Nigerians do. Absolutely nothing. The system is already captured.
But we can pray to God as usual and He is well able to hear our prayers but we'll need to be attentive to hear when HE speaks back to us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Successmind(m): 7:03am On Jan 10, 2022
None
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by WillyDave: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2022
OneCorner:

Sharp guy
Please give me the records, I won use am tackle one guy

Ask Goggle

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by TechSkill: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2022
yemmit90:
Though non of them is good for Nigeria at this moment(if there is better alternative) but I will prefer Tinubu over Jonathan. Tinubu legacy is what Lagos is still enjoying today. He know how to work with best team and can set a good path for meaningful development.

Nigeria of today is quite different from Nigeria of pre- 2015 administrations. Only a charismatic powerful leader will do better and re-unite the country after this present administration. Tinubu can do better in this aspect than any other candidate, he will never be a push over, and will definitely deal with emergency of cabal and the issue of insecurity withiout fear of ethnic sentiments.

Which legacy? Agbero and thugs used for elections to oppose opponents or which one. Anyway, your name is Yemi, so I don't expect you not to support him.

The lessons will begin towards mid of this year.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2022
BoBiafra:

Which National assembly?
They got there via the Fraudulent 1999 constitution;

Which also has provisions for its ammendment, which you guys don't want to use because it is too too hard.

They agreed to amend it prio to election;but abandoned it afterwards;

Because most of you guys don't care really. Like how many Nigerians know that they can fight for changes to their constitution? And those who know aren't interested.
Nigeria was a better federation ;with the appropriate constitution The 1963 constitution;let us go back to that; or rather the negotiated independence constitution.

Under which 1) many minorities were complaining of marginalization 2) didn't allow for creation of states which most Nigerians then and now want. 3) did not solve Nigeria's economic problem, which is resource dependency, and if we had kept it, our population would have outgrown our resources eventually, as is happening now , and we would still have been broke d) did not solve the issues of election rigging, and corruption(Nzeogwu's ten per-centers), and tribalism, and religionist tendencies e) did not allow for secession in any form f) did not allow for productivity of the regions. We were just sharing money,noting like industrialization or exporting industrial goods, just exporting raw materials and importing and over importing, which the small educated population benefited from more than the majority, which is why many of them think those days were the good old days..they weren't most people were still poor, and anyway, almost half still went to government g) did not solve things like raising revenues from taxes.g) did not solve political violence, and may have even indirectly laid the foundation for the 1966 coup and the civil war.

Seriously, 1963 is not 2022. Nigeria was a different nation then.

We cant keep on ;conducting election ;with a fraudulent foundation/1999 constitution.
No more legitimizing; that fraud; yall call a constitution.

Then do the hard work of democracy. Run for office, fight for amendments, etc etc.

Amerika that most of you love to praise...their perfect constitution once referred to black people as 'three fifths of a person' and did not allow women or most males to vote. That they have rights now is because people did the hard work for those rights.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 10, 2022
GEJ all the way!! angry

Dude is full of wisdom and of course things were apparently very cheap during his tenure undecided

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by optimusprime2(m): 7:05am On Jan 10, 2022
BBBmall25:
I ain't fan of politic, and I like JAGABAN.

And this folks, is the reason why a person wants to vote Tinubu for president ...

SMH

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Moneyboyz: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2022
Sponsored post for data coalition. Una dey ment.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by biafranrealson: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2022
The person who puts up this question is a fool
A fool indeed
Where is the projection for the youths ?
Tomorrow you will still complain , these old men, these old men
Mumu

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Artzdanielsz(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2022
yemmit90:
Though non of them is good for Nigeria at this moment(if there is better alternative) but I will prefer Tinubu over Jonathan. Tinubu legacy is what Lagos is still enjoying today. He know how to work with best team and can set a good path for meaningful development.

Nigeria of today is quite different from Nigeria of pre- 2015 administrations. Only a charismatic powerful leader will do better and re-unite the country after this present administration. Tinubu can do better in this aspect than any other candidate, he will never be a push over, and will definitely deal with emergency of cabal and the issue of insecurity withiout fear of ethnic sentiments.
Naso una talk for 2015 and Buhari is the answer. Una never want learn something. Una talk say corruption full naija and buhari is strong and he will tackle it and also Noone can detect to him and also there won't be any cabal. I no talk sha.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Awoo88: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2022
Abeg instead of Tinubu, please do Jonathan if it is between the two. Otherwise, both are bad news with Tinubu worse

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by TechSkill: 7:07am On Jan 10, 2022
nonxo007:
What's wrong with us in this country, we the youth make up the major population and also make up over 60% of electorates but look at the question being asked, between GEJ and Tinubu who'd I vote.
Forget it we should keep suffering, let's keep recycling since them swear for us. Should this be a question ?
GEJ is a disappointment and was a weak leader, what is he coming back to do in government, or is he the only one that can rule this nation ?
Tinubu is sick and feeble, he'll be no different from Buhari, so this is the situation we should remain with for the next couple of years ?
Shame on the youth, shame on all of us, be you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe.
Seun shame on you too for allowing the disgusting level of tribalism on this platform.
A youth that does not know the power it has can never rise. A youth that never learned anything from one of the most powerful protests since the creation of this country can never rise.. a youth that held a country at standstill for 12 furking days... PAINFUL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ahmedajadi(m): 7:07am On Jan 10, 2022
HenryThegreat1:
Entire northern Nigeria will vote for Jonathan as if he is from that side. Reason being that their leaders will tell them to so as 2027 power is back to the north.
South east will rather vote Jonathan over tinubu. South south votes will definitely go to Jonathan again.
For me I will vote Jonathan not because I hailed from delta state but because the guy have human feeling.
Ogogoro man dey get human feelings..... Who dey tell you that one?

Well, I don't pray for the two of them to win primaries... Both are bad choices. I'd prefer Osinbajo anytime twice on Sundays but the issue is that the north will pocket him if he becomes the president.

In all, God should provide us the best for 2023...
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by edunaragold(f): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2022
Tinubu na,have u forgotten how he change lagos,people forget so quickly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by emmykk(m): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2022
Nor if them will be president.

1.Goodluck Jonathan is the only threat to APC cabal in the north,they know if they choose Tinubu over him PDP will automatically use Goodluck Jonathan to defeat APC bl
so they want to first of all bring him over and freeze any chance of him been use for giving them problem.He will been voted against later.

2.Tinubu will not be president either,his region can't produce double president within a short time when other region haven't even getting one.south east,north central and north west have not produce president.

Also BAT is a Moslem.He can't represent south predominantly Christian,that is where osinbajo chance is even brighter than his.

The next president of Nigeria is between Boss Mustapha vs Goodluck Jonathan.
Boss Mustapha is from North East,from Adamawa state ,he is from Atiku state he will make Atiku powerless under PDP tickets.
This is the president secret that he fear he will be eliminated,this Boss Mustapha is SSG to president buhari Now

In the event they want equity the north will chose Good Jonathan but if they want to be difficult and tricky the will go for Boss Mustapha
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by God1000(m): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2022
biafranrealson:
The person who puts up this question is a fool
A fool indeed
Where is the projection for the youths ?
Tomorrow you will still complain , these old men, these old men
Mumu
read the whole post before you start castigating me.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Blessedassuranc(f): 7:12am On Jan 10, 2022
foreshore:

And who told you Jonathan hails from Delta State

Amd did he ever imply so in his comment? Pls read again to comprehend better
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 10, 2022
None
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by portplus: 7:14am On Jan 10, 2022
If we use there days as Governor to judge...there choice will be easy.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by aspabay(m): 7:15am On Jan 10, 2022
Who is Jonathan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Ropostic120(m): 7:16am On Jan 10, 2022
I will vote for BAT any day anytime twice on MONDAY.

Na GEJ pushed us to vote for the mannequin PMB that is terrorizing the whole country now
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by lkillbrokehoes: 7:18am On Jan 10, 2022
None of them, let them go and rest.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Victorclean1: 7:18am On Jan 10, 2022
coast2sahara:
I, in particular would prefer Tinubu, he may be brown toothed, he may be Muslim, he may be aging already, his antecedents as regards managing human resources speaks volume.

His choice though, would alter religious balance that Southern Nigerians seek when choosing who becomes president.
Am also afraid that he may compromise greatly due to desperation.

He has capacity to galvanize his base and supporters. He (Tinubu) is a politician of repute and understands Nigeria's complexities.

GEJ, a good man, a gentle man, very malleable, slow to anger, would make very poor judgements if giving another chance at the presidency.
He will be faced with a lot of difficulties considering that the Buhari administration has set up almost unbreakable barriers in almost every sector of the Nigerian systems.

Neither north nor south will benefit from a GEJ four more years. The south will be the worst losers in the end.

Unfortunately, the choice of who becomes president may slip out of the hands of Nigerians if relevant institutions that can guarantee a fair process are not strengthened.

I See a well orchestrated plan from some very powerful northern politicians in collaboration with some folks from the south to use chaos and violence as a strategy to reduce votes from some areas or states during the 2023 election so as to pave way for their preferred candidate to emerge in 2023.
Some hitherto violent places will turn out more votes than some places you see now as peaceful.

What can Nigerians do. Absolutely nothing. The system is already captured.
But we can pray to God as usual and He is well able to hear our prayers but we'll need to be attentive to hear when HE speaks back to us.

Which Tinubu has a good human management?. What happened to Funsho Williams?. Who is masters minding all the election rigging in Lagos state?. What is in the billion van that drove into his compound in bourdilon?

Nigeria can not afford to vote in a criminal again
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ruggedtimi(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2022
Goodluck and Tinubu won't get the ticket.... although Goodluck's wife recently threatened one of her staff that "shey be they are going back to the villa, when it happens she won't carry that particular staff along". Meaning there is a serious underground work going on for goodluck to clinch the ticket. But until then I would want APc to give east a chance.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2022
foreshore:

And who told you Jonathan hails from Delta State
Lol you want to educate me of where Jonathan came. He is from bayelsa.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Shetemi12(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be far better than the brown teeth,90yr old drug lord

Can you show us your teeth?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors / Oyesola: Tinubu Decorates Commander Of Presidential Air Fleet With New Rank / Governor Ambode Dancing Shoki At The One-Lagos-Fiesta

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.