Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu (33827 Views)

Remi And Bola Tinubu In Adorable Photo / Between Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari Decoration Of Service Chiefs - Photos / Difference Between Goodluck And Buhari's NYSC Allowance - Twitter User Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by techmo(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Jagaban

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2022
Victorclean1:
How can you compare an angel with a black demon?. How can you compare a drug lord with a technocrat?. How on earth do you compare cocaine addict to alcohol taker?

The truth is that every Nigerians hate BAT except the Yoruba tribe. Look at what happened in Edo election where because of him Ize-Iyanmu lost( Edo no bi Lagos).

The whole North, SS, SE is voting GEJ. BAT has no chance at all. I will vote GEJ

Don't mind the yorubas. The reason APC lost that Edo election was because of tinubu. Ize iyamu dat defeated obaseki in 2016 with PDP and d election was rigged to obaseki. Ize iyamu is loved in Edo. But that tinubu factor and APC cost him dat seat
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by tamdun: 7:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Don't mind the yorubas. The reason APC lost that Edo election was because of tinubu. Ize iyamu dat defeated obaseki in 2016 with PDP and d election was rigged to obaseki. Ize iyamu is loved in Edo. But that tinubu factor and APC cost him dat seat
Let them enjoy their Obaseki na grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by foreshore(m): 7:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Blessedassuranc:

Amd did he ever imply so in his comment? Pls read again to comprehend better

You study English at all for school!
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Victorclean1: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
This shows that the percentage of Afunjaaaa here is vast compare to other tribes. But truly BAT is not going anywhere. Online Afunjaaaa analyst has flock here to display what they were known for
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nitah1: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
God1000:
This is a hypothetical question, I still don't know if any of them stand a chance of winning 2023 presidential election, but who has more democratic credentials and expertise among these two political juggernauts?

Who will you vote for if they later become Hobson's choice?

Who among them do you think North will support more? Give reasons

Myn44 please do the needful
I cannot vote any of them cos they will not win.

What's Jonathan's achievements?

Except we want to have another half dead president....Tinubu is a no no.

#osinbajoistand.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by xpool(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2022
God1000:
This is a hypothetical question, I still don't know if any of them stand a chance of winning 2023 presidential election, but who has more democratic credentials and expertise among these two political juggernauts?

Please Op, remove those pictures and put their current pictures.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by twilliamx(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be far better than the brown teeth,90yr old drug lord
How? What exactly was Gej, s legacy. Please mention one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Asgard63:
If Apc successful land Gej.. God forbid.. he will give any Northerner in Pdp a tight one

But Gej ain’t going anywhere..

Nobody want Tinubu in today Nigeria.. he’s never an option
Na only Yoruba people dey hype am.. others are just cashing out big time .

At least I know of the north.

Maybe the east and south south love Tinubu more
Correct analysis. You got that � right
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Victorclean1: 7:33am On Jan 10, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Gospel truth. Edo no bi Lagos. Currently Tinubu is a bad market. Hated in the NW, NE ,NC, SE and SW. He will even battle for his electoral soul in SW because of foreigners if the election is free and fair. Sure he will lose Lagos.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Banhammy717: 7:33am On Jan 10, 2022
I will still prefer Tinubu, because of his antecedent as Lagos State Governor.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2022
Children of hate won't like tinubu and if you asked them what is his offence they we say he is a thief and we asked them if their leaders are saints.
Another thing they say against him is that tinubu did not do anything in Lagos for the whole 8years but it was only fashola and ambode that developed Lagos and we also agreed with them but we asked them a jamb question that they never find answer for and I repeat it who produced fashola and ambode that you all claimed they only developed Lagos because of ur hatred for tinubu?
Even osinbanjo that the whole country are calling to context for president who produced him?
Just because you hate him for no reason you have choosen not to acknowledged the good side of him.

As for me if the 2023 ticket is coming to Southwest den I prefer tinubu to osinbanjo because of detribalised nature and ability to use best brains in key positions.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by BoBiafra(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:

New constitution won't do anything better than the old one.

Better to work through your politicians to amend the old. Better still to run for office and be the change you want.

Better also to call your politicians to order via the vote, advocacy, etc

Better to focus on your state and local government chairman with the same energy you focus on Aso Rock

And if you want a new constitution, you have to go via the National assembly.

Simple.

Nigeria’s 1999 constitution / Military decree.

The constitution is not a product of any constitutional conference. It was hurriedly prepared by the outgoing military government of General Abdulsalam Abubakar. Thus, many Nigerians continue to criticize it and see it more as a military constitution than the civilian constitution.
The constitution fails to define the roles of the traditional rulers in government.
The constitution is not clear on the functions and creation of the local governments. This makes local governments to be at the mercy of the other governments. Then, this issue of creation of more local governments has been a major source of conflict between states and federal governments. A classical example was Lagos vs Federal Government during Obasanjo's administration.
The exclusive list is too bogus. It makes the federal government to be too dominant, while the states and local governments become unnecessarily dependent on the centre.
Powers of the President are too much. This makes some presidents to abuse the office and disregard the powers of the other organs.
The recognition of the Sharia courts contravenes the description of the country as being SECULAR. It's like having two contradictory constitutions.

We cant keep on legitimizing it, acting like our votes actually counts.
We cant build a house, on a faulty foundation.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Gaabasky: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2022
Compare Tinubu achievement as a Governor and GEJ as governor.

Compare Tinubu achievement and Jonathan achievement in the political climes

Compare both struggle for New democracy in the country

And compare their verse knowledge in international society

And compare their religion and tribal sentimental in high polarished society like ours

Tinubu has edges .

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Blessedassuranc(f): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2022
foreshore:

You or ask yourself that question
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 10, 2022
nonxo007:
What's wrong with us in this country, we the youth make up the major population and also make up over 60% of electorates but look at the question being asked, between GEJ and Tinubu who'd I vote.
Forget it we should keep suffering, let's keep recycling since them swear for us. Should this be a question ?
GEJ is a disappointment and was a weak leader, what is he coming back to do in government, or is he the only one that can rule this nation ?
Tinubu is sick and feeble, he'll be no different from Buhari, so this is the situation we should remain with for the next couple of years ?
Shame on the youth, shame on all of us, be you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe.
Seun shame on you too for allowing the disgusting level of tribalism on this platform.
The thing tire me sef. I guess it's deliberate hunger they kept us in that's why we can't even see beyond who get the 1k we go collect and vote. Money is too powerful in Nigerian politics. We will vote money and influence over competence any day in Nigeria. It's a pity we have a long way from this mentality

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Lordedifice1: 7:37am On Jan 10, 2022
BBBmall25:
I ain't fan of politic, and I like JAGABAN. No ipob terrorist worth my mention here
Then don't complain if the president does bad
Because you don't have a say
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by jditimiya(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2022
None, because they have nothing to offer to the masses and the mess our big boss has done.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by grandtosh: 7:37am On Jan 10, 2022
I won’t vote for any of this old geezers, especially that drug addict�
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Princeton92(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
GEJ..... His mind has gone far beyond where most politicians are
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:
Not voting for either, and not choosing buhari , osibanjo, or obasanjo, or atiku, obi, etc...either

We need someone new. Who isn't from PDP or APC.

We also need a Nigerian leader who would take us away from our dependency on oil and set us on the path to innovation, industrialization and actual development, and neither leader is it.

We need a Nigerian leader who would take hard economic decisions at the right time, and not when his or her hand is forced.

Thank you
Does such a person exist in Nigerian politics?
One thing I think it's very important too is real and honest fear of God.

Most and almost all Nigerians are selfish, even the insignificant population and their true colour just appears when they get the opportunity in politics.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by TemmyT002(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Jonathan of course.
Baba Tinubu is a wonderful politician but he usually shows lack of empathy and he is too old. Too old.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Bigchristo: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
God1000:

GEJ want to ruin the small reputation he have left, both of them can’t smell presidency if we are in a civilized country were people make right choices without sentiment.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr117: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2022
Olakunleyakub:
Children of hate won't like tinubu and if you asked them what is his offence they we say he is a thief and we asked them if their leaders are saints.
Another thing they say against him is that tinubu did not do anything in Lagos for the whole 8years but it was only fashola and ambode that developed Lagos and we also agreed with them but we asked them a jamb question that they never find answer for and I repeat it who produced fashola and ambode that you all claimed they only developed Lagos because of ur hatred for tinubu?
Even osinbanjo that the whole country are calling to context for president who produced him?
Just because you hate him for no reason you have choosen not to acknowledged the good side of him.

As for me if the 2023 ticket is coming to Southwest den I prefer tinubu to osinbanjo because of detribalised nature and ability to use best brains in key positions.

Which kind grammar be this for Goodness sake?

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by brainhgeek(m): 7:39am On Jan 10, 2022
God1000:

None! They both failed the state.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by rickyrex(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2022
yemmit90:
Though non of them is good for Nigeria at this moment(if there is better alternative) but I will prefer Tinubu over Jonathan. Tinubu legacy is what Lagos is still enjoying today. He know how to work with best team and can set a good path for meaningful development.

Nigeria of today is quite different from Nigeria of pre- 2015 administrations. Only a charismatic powerful leader will do better and re-unite the country after this present administration. Tinubu can do better in this aspect than any other candidate, he will never be a push over, and will definitely deal with emergency of cabal and the issue of insecurity withiout fear of ethnic sentiments.
brother I tried my best to searchin Google for a world class country or state where empowerment to the youth is through thugry or agbero, I tried by best also to understand why a man who hails from Osun could not start his politics from home where people will thoroughly scrutinize him but rather settle in Lagos where nobody will challenge him of his attitude or lifestyle, I tried my best to also understand why the same tinubu like to find himself in a mix of people he can control and not people who can compete with him in ideas just like him working with buhari knowing fully. Well the man had nothing to offer, he watch Nigeria to suffer for 8years just because he want power to shift to his favour and you people call such person a lover of nigeria. I've spent over 30years in Lagos. I will judge fairly for the good of this country. If tinubu as the Lord of APC can kick out ambode for poor performance, he should have also used his influence to tell Nigerians not to vote for buhari after a failed first tenure. It's shows his for Nigeria. And as for Jonathan, ones beaten twice shy. What he could not fix when Nigeria was fair in his hand, is it now that buhari had turned Nigeria to a total failure that he want to fix?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Blessedassuranc(f): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2022
foreshore:

You ought to be said that to yourself. The guy only said he is from delta state and never said that about GEJ
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by TemmyT002(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2022
yemmit90:
Though non of them is good for Nigeria at this moment(if there is better alternative) but I will prefer Tinubu over Jonathan. Tinubu legacy is what Lagos is still enjoying today. He know how to work with best team and can set a good path for meaningful development.

Nigeria of today is quite different from Nigeria of pre- 2015 administrations. Only a charismatic powerful leader will do better and re-unite the country after this present administration. Tinubu can do better in this aspect than any other candidate, he will never be a push over, and will definitely deal with emergency of cabal and the issue of insecurity withiout fear of ethnic sentiments.

Baba is too old.
He will be traveling like Baba Buhari
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 10, 2022
90 % nairaland followers don't have voters card nor vote, while those that have voted for incompetence Jonathan in last election , yet he failed...

So, your opinions here is countless
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by AmadinFestus: 7:41am On Jan 10, 2022
nonxo007:
What's wrong with us in this country, we the youth make up the major population and also make up over 60% of electorates but look at the question being asked, between GEJ and Tinubu who'd I vote.
Forget it we should keep suffering, let's keep recycling since them swear for us. Should this be a question ?
GEJ is a disappointment and was a weak leader, what is he coming back to do in government, or is he the only one that can rule this nation ?
Tinubu is sick and feeble, he'll be no different from Buhari, so this is the situation we should remain with for the next couple of years ?
Shame on the youth, shame on all of us, be you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe.
Seun shame on you too for allowing the disgusting level of tribalism on this platform.
Keep quite, you want the youth to take over the country while we have elderly men, can you become the leader of your house wen ur dad is still alive, or can you become the chairman of your family meeting wen ur father is there... Pls let's be reasonable at all cost. If you want the youth to become president, while can't you buy the ticket and start your campaign so dat we can see how far u can go. Rubbish
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

Does such a person exist in Nigerian politics?
One thing I think it's very important too is real and honest fear of God.

Most and almost all Nigerians are selfish, even the insignificant population and their true colour just appears when they get the opportunity in politics.

You could be the one who changes things.

All I know, I ain't going near pdp and apc. Never have, never will.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Dminister(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
The Pdp and Apc shit has to stop. These candidates are not the only candidates, It’s time Nigerians try fresh and new candidate from a new and fresh political party. With this the power to make decisions in government would be totally be residing with us. These Mofos are using Nigerians to play Chess game by recycling themselves in power. This nonsense has to stopped.

People who were complaining about the bad government for the past years are suddenly silent. They go behind to collect their envelopes and when thing’s gets difficult they are the first people to complain about the bad government.

The Biggest problem we have in our country is the illiterates and the educated illiterates, they are the majorities and when it comes to elections they decide the outcome of elections. If these political Mofos provided free access to quality education you think they would have the capability to recycle themselves in power? They know how to get free votes from the illiterates and the semi literates. They increase the rate of poverty, poor education, I mean everything so bad in the society just to keep recycling themselves and their families in power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors / Oyesola: Tinubu Decorates Commander Of Presidential Air Fleet With New Rank / Governor Ambode Dancing Shoki At The One-Lagos-Fiesta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.