Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu (33840 Views)

Remi And Bola Tinubu In Adorable Photo / Between Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari Decoration Of Service Chiefs - Photos / Difference Between Goodluck And Buhari's NYSC Allowance - Twitter User Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Sabiiboy: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
But na only them dey I tire oh
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by SirLakes: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
I'll rather vote a foodie named FFK grin
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr117: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
Gaabasky:
Compare Tinubu achievement as a Governor and GEJ as governor.

Compare Tinubu achievement and Jonathan achievement in the political climes

Compare both struggle for New democracy in the country

And compare their verse knowledge in international society

And compare their religion and tribal sentimental in high polarished society like ours

Tinubu has edges .
You ended up saying nothing

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
nonxo007:
What's wrong with us in this country, we the youth make up the major population and also make up over 60% of electorates but look at the question being asked, between GEJ and Tinubu who'd I vote.
Forget it we should keep suffering, let's keep recycling since them swear for us. Should this be a question ?
GEJ is a disappointment and was a weak leader, what is he coming back to do in government, or is he the only one that can rule this nation ?
Tinubu is sick and feeble, he'll be no different from Buhari, so this is the situation we should remain with for the next couple of years ?
Shame on the youth, shame on all of us, be you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe.
Seun shame on you too for allowing the disgusting level of tribalism on this platform.
Happy to see that some level of sanity is still with us. If only we can be selfless and get rid of tribalism and religious sentiments for once.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ThEGodFaThEr117: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2022
Lovenorth:
Yoruba among them is the best
Afuunjaa......

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2022
backbencher:

You could be the one who changes things.

All I know, I ain't going near pdp and apc. Never have, never will.
I'm scared of politics like death. That thing can lead one to both worldly and hereafter destruction.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Shevchenkko: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2022
yemmit90:
Though non of them is good for Nigeria at this moment(if there is better alternative) but I will prefer Tinubu over Jonathan. Tinubu legacy is what Lagos is still enjoying today. He know how to work with best team and can set a good path for meaningful development.

Nigeria of today is quite different from Nigeria of pre- 2015 administrations. Only a charismatic powerful leader will do better and re-unite the country after this present administration. Tinubu can do better in this aspect than any other candidate, he will never be a push over, and will definitely deal with emergency of cabal and the issue of insecurity withiout fear of ethnic sentiments.
Nonsene talk. An old criminal like Tinubu will do nothing as president other than to enrich his family and generation which he has been doing in Lagos
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Onedayoneday: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2022
The same Jonathan APC (Lai Mohammed in particular) painted so bad as chairman of corruption is the same person APC wants to bring back to power? What happened to all the corruption allegations leveled against him?
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Stanleyville(m): 7:53am On Jan 10, 2022
yemmit90:
Though non of them is good for Nigeria at this moment(if there is better alternative) but I will prefer Tinubu over Jonathan. Tinubu legacy is what Lagos is still enjoying today. He know how to work with best team and can set a good path for meaningful development.

Nigeria of today is quite different from Nigeria of pre- 2015 administrations. Only a charismatic powerful leader will do better and re-unite the country after this present administration. Tinubu can do better in this aspect than any other candidate, he will never be a push over, and will definitely deal with emergency of cabal and the issue of insecurity withiout fear of ethnic sentiments.

May God punish you and your next generations ti come!.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ekob99: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2022
Tinubu is a a No No for me.

A kingmaker cannot be a King. It alters the natural law of the universe. He has seen too much and has so many important Nigerian politicians in his pockets already in such a way that he may wield absolute power without recourse.
We see how he calls the shot in Lagos state and runs it like his personal estate. Deciding with just a snap of his finger on who would and would not be the governor.

He is ageing too and fast. I don't want to be a prophet. But nobody seem to be talking about the likelihood of Remi Tinubu Usurping power from her old ailing husband.
Imagine two political veterans coming into power as President and first lady..

Well na you talk am o.. No be me talk am o!
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by sukar886: 7:55am On Jan 10, 2022
With or without ur vote , na Jonathan wey buhari go endorse
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2022
BoBiafra:

Nigeria’s 1999 constitution / Military decree.

American constitution: the product of a slave owning, rich elite, mostly male, not chosen by women, blacks and native Americans, and with no input from any one of the groups. But with provisions for something called the amendment. Like our constitution.

The constitution is not a product of any constitutional conference. It was hurriedly prepared by the outgoing military government of General Abdulsalam Abubakar

Based on the 1979 constitution which was prepped by a constituent assembly made up of civilians , and the 1995 constitutional conference drawn up by civillans.

We had the materials at hand, it's not like Abdulsalam just wrote the thing overnight in his bedroom, while drinking lots of hard coffee to stay awake....

. Thus, many Nigerians continue to criticize it and see it more as a military constitution than the civilian constitution.

Yas, because its a free country. There is no law compelling you to say 'The Nigerian constitution is the greatest thing since sliced bread' every morning at 7 am sharp. IN front of your house, or work place, or on the street.
The constitution fails to define the roles of the traditional rulers in government.

Because they were rendered out of date since colonial times. Even the varied 'houses of chiefs' of the first republic could not make rules or overrule parliament.

Same thing has happened in many countries. The UK House of Lords was very powerful 100 years ago. Now they have been de fanged.

The constitution is not clear on the functions and creation of the local governments. This makes local governments to be at the mercy of the other governments. Then, this issue of creation of more local governments has been a major source of conflict between states and federal governments. A classical example was Lagos vs Federal Government during Obasanjo's administration

It is very very clear...but because Nigerians want instanta, rather than slow slow.

PLus...amendment. Which you guys so don't want to try because...hard work and lack of interest.

The exclusive list is too bogus. It makes the federal government to be too dominant, while the states and local governments become unnecessarily dependent on the centre.

Because states themselves aren't productive enough not to rely on the center...which is due to our dependence on resources, not on industry and industrial exports. But none of you want to vote leaders that would make us industrial...or pay the taxes and tarrifs that would strenghten things like power supply.

Powers of the President are too much. This makes some presidents to abuse the office and disregard the powers of the other organs.
The recognition of the Sharia courts contravenes the description of the country as being SECULAR. It's like having two contradictory constitutions.

Because you guys focus too much on Aso Rock because it is where you know you would share money. Make your state productive, you no want. Focus on yer governor...you no want. Focus on your lg chair...you no want.
We cant keep on legitimizing it, acting like our votes actually counts.
We cant build a house, on a faulty foundation.
[/quote]

Then run for office. Campaign for amendments, etc. etc. Stop disturbing me. I am not in government, nor am I a apc supporter. And I don't think I am the president.

Plus your vote does not count because you don't want to do the hard work of making it count. You complain about bad leaders, but do nothing because at the end of the day, Nigerians love to grumble, not to change things. Aesop was right. None of us want to bell the cat , and many of us even disagree on who the cat really is.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Sannisege: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2022
twilliamx:

How? What exactly was Gej, s legacy. Please mention one
expensive bra
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by orisa37: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2022
Good question. None of them. CIVILIANS don't restructure.

Jonathan scribble one, handed it to BUHARI who just threw it to Dustbin.

TINUBU is afraid to talk about RESTRUCTURE. It will be his DOOM'S DAY to talk about it publicly.

Osinbajo IS THE MAN. HE IS A BRILLIANT LAWYER AND A SLAUGHTERHOUSE FOR BAD MILITARY LEADERS. Osinbajo IS THE WONDER BOY THAT ALLAH HAS ORDAINED TO REPLACE BUHARI.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by israelmao(m): 7:59am On Jan 10, 2022
None

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by RiceProducers: 8:04am On Jan 10, 2022
nonxo007:
What's wrong with us in this country, we the youth make up the major population and also make up over 60% of electorates but look at the question being asked, between GEJ and Tinubu who'd I vote.
Forget it we should keep suffering, let's keep recycling since them swear for us. Should this be a question ?
GEJ is a disappointment and was a weak leader, what is he coming back to do in government, or is he the only one that can rule this nation ?
Tinubu is sick and feeble, he'll be no different from Buhari, so this is the situation we should remain with for the next couple of years ?
Shame on the youth, shame on all of us, be you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe.
Seun shame on you too for allowing the disgusting level of tribalism on this platform.

Modified
Please take a look a what this lost soul sent to my mention

My friend, youth means nothing. Just figures.
In the current context of Nigeria and its youth, I am going to restrain myself from saying too much because I don't want to demoralise a particular demographic.
Let's just say you don't get a meritocracy by discriminating on age, gender, tribe, race or religion.

All the restrictions around age, Muslim Muslim ticket, Christian Christian ticket, reserved percentage of offices for women, etc are just destroying our politics.

In the US, Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump got most of their support from youths and they were both in their 70s.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by BafanaBafana: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2022
HenryThegreat1:
Entire northern Nigeria will vote for Jonathan as if he is from that side. Reason being that their leaders will tell them to so as 2027 power is back to the north.
South east will rather vote Jonathan over tinubu. South south votes will definitely go to Jonathan again.
For me I will vote Jonathan not because I hailed from delta state but because the guy have human feeling.
Funny how you guys think what the average northerner wants is for a northerner to be in power
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Ashirioluwa: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2022
None of them because they are both thieves
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by RodgersAkpafu: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2022
nonxo007:

Modified
Please take a look a what this lost soul AmadinFestus sent to my mention
That person who replied you has no sense
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by David160(m): 8:08am On Jan 10, 2022
God1000:
This is a hypothetical question, I still don't know if any of them stand a chance of winning 2023 presidential election, but who has more democratic credentials and expertise among these two political juggernauts?

Who will you vote for if they later become Hobson's choice?

Who among them do you think North will support more? Give reasons

Myn44 please do the needful
Jonathan
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2022
Asgard63:
If Apc successful land Gej.. God forbid.. he will give any Northerner in Pdp a tight one

But Gej ain’t going anywhere..

Nobody want Tinubu in today Nigeria.. he’s never an option
Na only Yoruba people dey hype am.. others are just cashing out big time .

At least I know of the north.

Maybe the east and south south love Tinubu more
I be Yoruba and I like neither hype him.. he’s A THIEF with capital letter
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2022
There’s no earthly way GEJ would defeat Tinubu. What do you guys really have on Tinubu? I want to read facts with receipts please. Keep your sentimental BS away

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2022
Gaabasky:
Compare Tinubu achievement as a Governor and GEJ as governor.

Compare Tinubu achievement and Jonathan achievement in the political climes

Compare both struggle for New democracy in the country

And compare their verse knowledge in international society

And compare their religion and tribal sentimental in high polarished society like ours

Tinubu has edges .

Don’t waste your time bro, most people here don’t have sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 10, 2022
CaptainAyub:
Won't vote any of them but for the records GEJ will be far better than the brown teeth,90yr old drug lord

Hate has really corroded the mind and thinking of some of you.

Even forgetting that GEJ was a monumental failure as President of Nigeria , are you aware of the pathetic situation of Bayelsa today.

The State, despite being a major oil producer recieving 13% derivation, is regressing every single day, and adjudged a bankrupt/failed Nigerian State, despite GEJ being the political leader of the State for over a decade now as Governor, President and now ex-president.

Lagos, in total contrast, is the stand-alone best State in Nigeria and 6th biggest economy in Africa directly because of the universally-acclaimed leadership vision and competence of BAT.

The mark of a honorable man, one any mother or community can be proud of, is that he will not even lie against his worst enemy.

That is clearly not you who has ample example of how worthlessly incompetent GEJ is yet can still claim he will be better than BAT who is indisputably one of the best and most effective political leader in Nigeria's history . Shame on irredeemably hateful people like you.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Superboss: 8:14am On Jan 10, 2022
NONE.
None of them merits it.
None of them has the capacity to manage a complex country in this 21st century.
One of them is a relic who could turn the country la awless entity by empowering touts in all corners., While the other is so weak that touts could overpower him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by RodgersAkpafu: 8:15am On Jan 10, 2022
Dminister:
The Pdp and Apc shit has to stop. These candidates are not the only candidates, It’s time Nigerians try fresh and new candidate from a new and fresh political party. With this the power to make decisions in government would be totally be residing with us. These Mofos are using Nigerians to play Chess game by recycling themselves in power. This nonsense has to stopped.

People who were complaining about the bad government for the past years are suddenly silent. They go behind to collect their envelopes and when thing’s gets difficult they are the first people to complain about the bad government.

The Biggest problem we have in our country is the illiterates and the educated illiterates, they are the majorities and when it comes to elections they decide the outcome of elections. If these political Mofos provided free access to quality education you think they would have the capability to recycle themselves in power? They know how to get free votes from the illiterates and the semi literates. They increase the rate of poverty, poor education, I mean everything so bad in the society just to keep recycling themselves and their families in power.

Very well said
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by orisa37: 8:16am On Jan 10, 2022
These two are just posing, shaking and adjusting frames in front of BUHARI.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by kepler(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2022
These 3 cannot be the only candidates. Otherwise we are not ready for change
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by CoolAmbience(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2022
HenryThegreat1:
Entire northern Nigeria will vote for Jonathan as if he is from that side. Reason being that their leaders will tell them to so as 2027 power is back to the north.
South east will rather vote Jonathan over tinubu. South south votes will definitely go to Jonathan again.
For me I will vote Jonathan not because I hailed from delta state but because the guy have human feeling.

Massive looting is now the same as having human feeling.

Nawa!
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by orisa37: 8:17am On Jan 10, 2022
These two are just posing, shaking and adjusting frames in front of BUHARI.

ATIKU IS ALWAYS A DESERTER.
Re: 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu by olabukola: 8:20am On Jan 10, 2022
omoharry:
so that the north will take back power after four years abi ? Southerners ,pls use Ur brain .
Why we no use this our brain in 2015?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Crowd Welcomes Buhari To Daura / Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) / Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.