Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less (34664 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Morenikeji090(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2022
That's why mother will keep remaining the favorite. It's natural... Women got more love than men to children.... For example check from animal.... You gonna see how female animal handle there child... Fact remain mother will always win...
descarado:

Child will not love mummy more if dad does the right thing.

How many dad do school run, help in homework and listen attentively to gibberish that children say?
Even eat on the same plate with them?

You are eating and cut some meat, call one of your child and give her that meat or divide the meat amongst them?
The child nose is blocked and you do the needful?

During pta, you are there instead of mum?
Mum works as you but make out time for these kids. Cook with them in the kitchen even if it's making a cup of chocolate etc.
These are what endears children to parents not money.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kingpele:
Hahaha ,well am a man with kids ,if u don't want to have problems with your family members try to show real love to your wife and be faithful to her,especially during the early years of your marriage before she start to make her own money or before the kids grow up into Adults,she will be the person promoting you before your kids behind your back, because a woman can never talk ill of the real love of her life ,I travel to village for meetings and community elections for two weeks when I came back i saw that my kids really missed me cos my wife missed me ,out of the blues my second boy said to me u are the best dad in the world, I knew my wife taught him to say that while I was away ,so love your wife and take care of her needs according to your capacity u will have a peaceful life and your kids will love you and take care of you in your old age..
God bless you sir
You have really said it all

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Spherical77(m): 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2022
VULCAN:
One of the things you should stop this year is being a contrarian for the joy of it without engaging in critical thinking.

The OPs piece is brilliant.

He took time to give a complete background, identified the problem correctly and gave wonderful solutions that can be expanded upon then you came along and exposed your utter inability to understand the post.

The statement about military men that are father's is so pointless-you imply that they never go home. One wonders how you came to that conclusion.

What's fascinating about your lack of comprehension is that OPs solution is designed to work perfectly for father's who are away from home often. How did you manage to miss that

As I read your piece I was sure you were a teenage girl but thankfully you identified yourself at the end.

Have a change of heart this year and engage in rational thinking before responding to issues.

Any point that doesn't sooth Nairalanders the next is assumption

None of his comments denotes that the person is a lady talkmore of a teenage girl

He raised a brilliant point and you couldn't oppose it intelligently but resorts to mere assumption
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Spherical77(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
Morenikeji090:
That's why mother will keep remaining the favorite. It's natural... Women got more love than men to children.... For example check from animal.... You gonna see how female animal handle there child... Fact remain mother will always win...
That is what they don't know. They are attempting to fight nature.

Children will forever continue to love their mothers much more than fathers, take it or live it.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by purpleicious(f): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
Are you competing with wify?

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Jim99: 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
cococandy:
Well I hope you guys take the advice and learn how to be good fathers for your kids’ sakes and not for the sake trying to score points with your wives? Maybe Something good might come out of this thread

I won’t hold my breath though.

Father's have ALWAYS been good to their kids and have always played important roles in the life's of their kids.

Your own definition of a good father means changing diapers, cooking, cleaning, bottle feeding, putting them to sleep but that's not it. That's the role of the mother.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Sheriman(m): 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
vanvickie:

When will the wives also learn to tell the children that the money she is using to pay their fees and buy things for them came from the dad.
When the kids say "thank you mum", the wives should say something like "thank your dad too, for giving me the money", it's that simple.
Such woman are very rare, only few women of today can say that. This is one of the characteristics of my own mother and I love her for this.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Spherical77(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jim99:

There's nothing to ponder on. How about you let Men advise Men?

And focus that energy on advising women on how not to be manipulative moms, especially with the children.
If you are a responsible father or man who doesn't believe in just dropping money and you automatically assume you've done heaven and earth. If you follow up with your child upbringing no woman would manipulate such child against you

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by sokera: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Limassol:
The author of this post is mistaken in thinking children can easily be manipulated and misled, hardly, not when they are adults and grown ups... with time one could easily realise who is who. A nasty mother can't mask her nastiness, same for the father.
I pray you don’t jam a very manipulative woman ooooo, after Devil Na woman …
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Jim99: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:

Children will forever continue to love their mothers much more than fathers, take it or live it.

Try all what the Op said first and more.... see if you'll not come back here to delete this bs you typed here.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Jim99: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
If you are a responsible father or man who doesn't believe in just dropping money and you automatically assume you've done heaven and earth. If you follow up with your child upbringing no woman would manipulate such child against you

If he doesn't drop money he's irresponsible, if he only drops money he's still irresponsible.

Confused beings.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by HonestFriend: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
Draslo:
You want to drag your kids' love with your wife or what?
What if you're a military man and you're never around?
What if you're an expat in another country and you no dey ever dey?
What if you're a sailor and your presence at home is nothing to write home about?
What if......?

I could go on and on. Just stop there and do what your duties are as a father and husband to your nuclear and the love will never die. Don't ever expect all your kids to love you equally but remember that no matter what they all love you unconditionally.

What do I know anyways? I'm just a single guy without any offspring yet so maybe I don't know what I'm saying.

Forget all this u re a dis or that!!

What if ur wife is all that u have mentioned?

OP have said it all..
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by sokera: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
I love my wife , she normally tell my kids in my presence Dad has pay your sch fees say thank you Daddy, if I buy anything for the kids she will tell them to say Thank you to me, even when I travel and I send money to them and when I call her she will tell the kids to talk to me on phone that Dad send money today Oya say thank you Daddy …

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Galadimabawa: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
That means I'm on the right track.
At a time I thought I will be selfish if I let them understand that I'm the one providing for almost everything they have.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Spherical77(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jim99:

If he doesn't drop money he's irresponsible, if he only drops money he's still irresponsible.

Confused beings.
Doing both or none completely doesn't stop the children from loving their beloved mother more than fathers

It's natural
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by CSTRR: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
descarado:
Very divisive approach that will make the kids hate you more.
Kids need their daddy not his money.

Until you know that, kids will grow to continue tilting towards mummy side

They want their daddy, but they need his money.

It's daddy's money that will feed them and send them to school and provide a roof over their head.

Mummy's attention is just vibes.
It's nice but it is not a need to the extent they think it is.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Akanabo(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
My bros told me he has started bathing his kids himself. He took time to explain the advantages in home politics. I was surprised when my wife started dragging the duty with me when I started doing it also.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Sterope(f): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
If it was by money alone, many of you won't prefer your mothers over your fathers

To forge a connection with another, you need to bond with them. Bonding activities excludes money exchanging hands. Between parents and kids, you watch TV together, play games, bathing for them, helping with their school work, telling stories, cooking together, shopping together and so many 'women's work'. grin

Those activities are the reasons people love their mums more. My mum spent her hard earned money on me so does many women in Nigeria including your mothers. Many of them worked as hard as their husbands. Money will not leave a deep imprint on your children. What happens when they stop needing your money? cheesy You think they would care about you once you have nothing to your name? If you like be Atiku or Bill Gates, give them money not memories. Just pray to God you don't lose that money.

olawalebammie, victorazy
UncleKoboko:

Your mind seem messed up...
Were you raised by a single mom?

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by OlawaleBammie: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
Sterope:
If it was by money alone, many of you won't prefer your mothers over your fathers

To forge a connection with another, you need to bond with them. Bonding activities excludes money exchanging hands. Between parents and kids, you watch TV together, play games, bathing for them, helping with their school work, telling stories, cooking together, shopping together and so many 'women's work'. grin

Those activities are the reasons people love their mums more. My mum spent her hard earned money on me so does many women in Nigeria including your mothers. Many of them worked as hard as their husbands. Money will not leave a deep imprint on your children. What happens when they stop needing your money? cheesy You think they would care about you once you have nothing to your name? If you like be Atiku or Bill Gates, give them money not memories. Just pray to God you don't lose that money.

victorazy

Mama, u re right but i love my dad more than my mum.

My mum is good and selfless but she's a little bit manipulative. Pls the fact that she left us wen we needed her most. Tho she's still active in my life but i can never forget how my father bore the shame and sufferings to raise me and my sister.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Emaprince: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
CSTRR:

It's daddy's money that will feed them and send them to school and provide a roof over their head.

Bro its very good to learn to love kids and play with them. You just have to make out the time to play with your kids. The love will be double.

Growing up, I was seeing everything with my own eyes. I saw my dad pay almost all bills..so today I won't have any onesided love for any of my parent.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Lovelyperson(m): 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2022
Draslo:
What if you're a sailor and your presence at home is nothing to write home about?
What if......?

I could go on and on. Just stop there and do what your duties are as a father and husband to your nuclear and the love will never die. Don't ever expect all your kids to love you equally but remember that no matter what they all love you unconditionally.

What do I know anyways? I'm just a single guy without any offspring yet so maybe I don't know what I'm saying.
yes u dont know... come back after you have 3-4people u are responsible for. Then you will better understand the politics they are talking about.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by lalalista: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2022
Una dey mad
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Mazinewmoney: 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
God bless you. I bookmark this one.
CondemnBattery:
I wish I could give you more likes. You have spoken like a real man that was both a child and is a husband
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by alexvic12: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
Most children often grow up seeing their dad in a totally or slightly negative light.

It takes maturity to see dads in a different light.

When I left home, I realized a lot about my dad and one day I called him to 5jankk him for being a man.

Women don't necessarily have to tell their kids that their dads are bad; children simply conlide such because their dad tend to correct them with a stronger hand

Yet, children get smacked and beaten more by their mums than by their dads. This is a nice thread, OP.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by stonecoldcafe: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
CondemnBattery:
So I saw a thread earlier, and decided to educate

May our wives not take all our glory
all in the name of I'm too busy in Jesus name. Amen

I don't understand the bolded or tone of it.
You are supposed to be one with your spouse. Your write up makes it seem it's your wife against you or some form of competition.
How about giving that gift to your children together or whenever anyone is giving, you say "it's from mummy and daddy " and instilling such values in them

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Ulunne777(f): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2022
Draslo:
What if......?

My husband stays months before we see him but the 1 or 2 weeks he'll be witH us cant be erased from our kids memories till the next visit.
everyday Daddy Daddy .
work isnt an excuse.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Tupaq: 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
Please how do I safe this post. I want to see it regularly till it sinks. Nice one,the writer.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Morenikeji090(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
I swear we men we just coutinue to fight the nature... Lolz
Spherical77:

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by cococandy(f): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
At some point you have to decide whether you agree with or disagree with fathers being involved parents.
It’s not by supporting whichever narrative seems to be dumping on women at the moment

You seem confused
Jim99:

Father's have ALWAYS been good to their kids and have always played important roles in the life's of their kids.

Your own definition of a good father means changing diapers, cooking, cleaning, bottle feeding, putting them to sleep but that's not it. That's the role of the mother.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by descarado: 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
CSTRR:

Mummy don't work

Maybe, all the women out there in various fields went out to play.
Mtcheew and very stale.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by lordally(m): 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
Feelings79:
While this is true,it comes to a point where it's not just about love but mostly about home politics.From my observation of your situation,yours is still a much younger family and marriage.In my case,my first son is a university graduate,my second halfway through high school.It's a twenty four years marriage anyway.Meanwhile,my wife is now,on her own, economically successful.Women at this stage becomes very difficult to "love" since a woman's understanding of love is your ability to provide her what she can't provide for herself.Now that she's able to stand on her own, it's not no longer about love but the real home politics and I'm now seeing my wife in her true colors and how much a woman can be manipulative of the her kids

Fear Griped me while reading towards the end. So how do you handle the present situation
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Dfr0: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Son Surprises Okra-Seller Mom With Birthday Serenade At Lagos Market (Video) / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? / Father Gives His Daughter Valentine's Day Advice About Not Losing Her Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.