Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less (34571 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by RodgersAkpafu: 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
Moheat:

Funnily, you don't know what you are saying.
He doesn't lol
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by od501: 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2022
CondemnBattery:
So I saw a thread earlier, and decided to educate husbands in the house how to play the home politics, just as adviced by my pastor's wife.

My pastor's wife thought me a valuable lesson. She legitly told us to be smart as husbands, when the kids did something wrong in your absence and your wife did not discipline the child, but waits for you to come back and discipline them, don't. Make sure she disciplines them herself, otherwise your kids will think you are the wicked one and the evil one.

Don't always give your wife all the money to buy things for the kids, take the children out to the market, buy them clothes, take them to the grocery store, buy the provision in their present. Let them know you are the one buying them. If you buy them shoes or anything, make sure they are aware that you are the one buying them. If you do all these, the kids will love you more. This is 2022, don't allow your wife rob you of your years of labor when it's time to reap.

You can add your own way of playing the family politics.

Please if this is front page worthy, kindly move to fp, so men can learn 1 or 2 this new year.

May our wives not take all our glory all in the name of I'm too busy in Jesus name. Amen

It's simple. Play your normal role as a father, but most especially, make sure your wife is not trying so hard to make them like u any less. Most women are often like that: always trying to weaponize the kids.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Opeyemiextra(f): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
cheesy
This is such a reasonable way for responsible fathers to enjoy now and even in the future. Be actively involved in the lives of your children as they progress. Even I have learnt something from this.
CondemnBattery:
So I saw a thread earlier, and decided to educate husbands in the house how to play the home politics, just as adviced by my pastor's wife.

My pastor's wife thought me a valuable lesson. She legitly told us to be smart as husbands, when the kids did something wrong in your absence and your wife did not discipline the child, but waits for you to come back and discipline them, don't. Make sure she disciplines them herself, otherwise your kids will think you are the wicked one and the evil one.

Don't always give your wife all the money to buy things for the kids, take the children out to the market, buy them clothes, take them to the grocery store, buy the provision in their present. Let them know you are the one buying them. If you buy them shoes or anything, make sure they are aware that you are the one buying them. If you do all these, the kids will love you more. This is 2022, don't allow your wife rob you of your years of labor when it's time to reap.

Please if this is front page worthy, kindly move to fp, so men can learn 1 or 2 this new year.

May our wives not take all our glory all in the name of I'm too busy in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by OmegaAutos: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
CondemnBattery:

You are absolutely correct. Moreso some kids are smart to figure father's hustle on them. I hardly stay at home but 1hr with my kids is like spending 24hrs with them they cherish it more than anything. They know the work i do and stress i go through to provide. BTW they are stilll very very young.
Mothers should stop being manipulative, not all children fall for that

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
CSTRR:

Most women portray an overly exaggerated negative view of their husbands to their children.

Atleast 90% in Nigeria.

The women will never talk about how he is funding the children school fees, and living expenses.

It's only when he did not drop enough money for soup or is shouting at her that she will talk about.

And then add the fact that it is men that bear the burden of disciplinarian.

Sacrificing our selves and reputation for the greater good, while the mother is there smelling of roses.
Then you as men don't always live the nurturing and child bonding for the mother because you feel your wife's duty is primarily to them we have a new generation of kids and it won't always work like that
Fathers should play a key role and don't leave upbringing for their wives alone.

Anyway I agree with there is a difference between a husband and a father some men are good in both but some are good at one and bad at the other the scenario you painted is the one of the bad husband or terrible husband whose wife holds grudges and doesn't like how he treats her as a husband even though he may love his children and is a good father such a woman will definitely poison their minds towards the father and it is a bad thing children should be never be brought into the mix when a husband and wife have disagreement women should stop doing that

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by King125007(m): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
All the points above are for "responsible" fathers, just like the previous trend on this

Being a polygamous man make this even more harder for you, for a nuclear family, if you are responsible it's very difficult for your wife to manipulate the kids against you

Like some right said on the previous trend, children see and hear things

PAYING BILLS ALONE DOESN'T MAKE YOU A RESPONSIBLE FATHER/HUSBAND

until you have an irresponsible father , you have no idea what this mothers and kids go through,

Until you have a father that is never a part of your life

That sees you as a burden, and he wishes to offload expecting you to fail so he can justify his reasons for not training you in school

I can go on

JUST BE A RESPONSIBLE FATHER...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by drololaaof: 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2022
It depends on the type of wife, if your wife make the children realise that whatever she is doing or transpired between them and the mother is always known and with the support of their father. As father it is imperative to show love to your children
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by dangoteinlaw: 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
Me I make transfers to my dad and let him decide what to give his family. I only give my mom recharge card money

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by yomi531(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
99.5 % of Africans love their moms more than their dads. Even my dad told me he loved his mom more maybe because , his dad was a polygamist. My own dad too was a polygamist but, I can say it without mincing words that I and my sisters loved our dad more. We are amongst the 0.5% of people that prefer their dads. Rip daddy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Diorjo123: 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
see below
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
There are 2 things I want to achieve for my kids, either born them abroad or buy land for them, doing so I have fulfilled all righteousness.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by SmartPolician: 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
Fridaya30:
Bath them too , pack the pups, replace the pampers, breastfeed the baby, pamper ham if na cry the baby Dey cry, be there always to attend to the baby’s needs �.
Abeg find another thing talk about. U think say e easy to be a mother. I be man o. Before u come replying yin yin yan yan yan

Jealousy! tongue

This is the so-called Woke Generation

Guys are beginning to wise up!

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by yomi531(m): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
*dad
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Bishop(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
CondemnBattery:

Your pastor was right.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by tiswell(m): 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kingpele:
Hahaha ,well am a man with kids ,if u don't want to have problems with your family members try to show real love to your wife and be faithful to her,especially during the early years of your marriage before she start to make her own money or before the kids grow up into Adults,she will be the person promoting you before your kids behind your back, because a woman can never talk ill of the real love of her life ,I travel to village for meetings and community elections for two weeks when I came back i saw that my kids really missed me cos my wife missed me ,out of the blues my second boy said to me u are the best dad in the world, I knew my wife taught him to say that while I was away ,so love your wife and take care of her needs according to your capacity u will have a peaceful life and your kids will love you and take care of you in your old age..
what if you aren't the love of her life?
Most women are terrible manipulators, simple!

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by captainamiedi1: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
Omonigho1976:
You say you have a dead beat father and don't care about him, that he never paid for your school or buy food. Is that what your mother told you? Look here bro, what goes arround always comes arround, sebi you'll soon become a father and years from now when you wife replays what your mother did to your father to you, then you will understand!!!!

shut the f**k up. if you don't kwn the story you ask questions. Nobody told me shit. i grew up to see it. i sold pure water in the holdup just to buy school uniform and books. i carry block and concrete just to buy basic things. i watch my mom do all sort of job just to provide food and pay school fees. i did farm work just to keep life moving. Nobody told me shit. in all these, baba never turn up he said he is not born to do all these kind of job. My mother and sibling fought so hard to break out of poverty. Thank God we did.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by SeriouslySense(m): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
This does not change the fact that some Mothers deserve more love than fathers, this is because Some mothers take the time to understand and stand for their children, and their love is unconditional.

Some mothers are worthy of more love than fathers, and they even take the responsibility of fathers.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
I don't give a shit about kids love. I will discipline them and if they love their mother better, so what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by descarado: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
How can military and sailor daddy cope?
They always do.
Whenever they are home, they take over 100% and give the wife the needed rest.

Most importantly allow them to feel free to express themselves before you even if they don't make sense. Don't judge. We even judge trees.

The main problem is our men are very rigid and believe if they are vulnerable, their kids won't fear them especially the male child. Is fear or respect better than love?
That negatively impacts our males that's why we have so many depressed men with inferiority complex who think their problems are women.
Get a book and go through child psychology and know why Nigeria is the way it is. Everything starts from the home. Get it right with your kids and you have a progressive healthy society.

5 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by SeriouslySense(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
descarado:

They always do.

Most importantly allow them to feel free to express themselves before you even if they don't make sense. Don't judge. We even judge trees.

The main problem is our men are very rigid and believe if they are vulnerable, their kids won't fear them. Is fear or respect better than love.
That negatively impacts our males that's why we have so many depressed men with inferiority complex who think their problems are women.
Get a book and go through child psychology and know why Nigeria is the way it is. Everything starts from the home. Get it right with your kids and you have a progressive healthy society
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by ablejesus26(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
When last did you HUG your child??
This is one thing most African men do not fancy very much.
Hugs creates
A bond
Trust
Confidence
Companionship
Friendship

My boy and myself have a bound stronger than his mom's,bcus I don't just treat him as a son but also as a human being that deserves respect,friendship and it makes our relationship very sweet.

He tells me everything,even that daughter of jazebel for him school wey write love letter give angry angry
Some parents are a big failure, imagine a girl of 10yrs writing a love letter to a boy of 11�
No be juju be that.
May God deliver our Sons from the hands of mini jezebels�.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by SeriouslySense(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
I wonder what can be gathered from child psychology.

descarado:

They always do.

The main problem is our men are very rigid and believe if they are vulnerable, their kids won't fear them. Is fear or respect better than love.
Get a book and go through child psychology and know why Nigeria is the way it is. Everything starts from the home. Get it right with your kids and you have a progressive healthy society.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Omonigho1976: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
captainamiedi1:

shut the f**k up. if you don't kwn the story you ask questions. Nobody told me shit. i grew up to see it. i sold pure water in the holdup just to buy school uniform and books. i carry block and concrete just to buy basic things. i watch my mom do all sort of job just to provide food and pay school fees. i did farm work just to keep life moving. Nobody told me shit. in all these, baba never turn up he said he is not born to do all these kind of job. My mother and sibling fought so hard to break out of poverty. Thank God we did.
Sorry bro! My apologies, I didn't know bout all these you just mentioned. My apologies once more!

4 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by SmartPolician: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2022
CamusMidas:

A man provides for his family not because he wants to be love or respected but because it is his responsibility.

I don't think I would have thoughtless children, but if that should be my fate; no wahala.

But the fact is that I won't be expecting anything from them, I would be more interested setting the foundation for them to achieve what they desire in life; I no get time to dey drag love with there mother.

You still think like a youth.

When old age sets in, you begin to understand why this advice is important.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by otipoju(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

You are not competing with your wife for their love so it shouldn't really bother you

You should consider yourself blessed that your kids even come to you and can open up to you when they want something and need your help to fix things that shows that you are valuable to them and they think about you.Some children can't even approach their fathers or play with them just be relatable to them they are still growing and you can fit into the nurturing role too because a part of men can be nurturers and sensitive to the needs of kids it isn't a women exclusive thing .

They are still little always play with them, instill values and teach them with love. grin

Thanks. My fear though is that i dont want to be confined to just one aspect of their life. Like my mom, i am the mr fix it of my family and ive watched in anger how my moms mom's siblings ONLY remember her when there is a problem or need answers to something.

I guess i just have to trust and let go of my doubts.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
SmartPolician:

You still think like a youth.

When old age sets in, you begin to understand why this advice is important.
That's like your opinion man.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Prime1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
CondemnBattery:

This is good
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by descarado: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
SeriouslySense:
I wonder what can be gathered from child psychology .

A lot.
The formative yrs of everybody is what makes up what they become in the future. You have finished training your child by 12 to 13 yrs.
The brain absorbs and store those FIRSTS which later stir the cause of one's life. That's why it's always careful to thread with caution when kids are around. If in the future, they encounter difficulty, they held on to that world they were brought up in where mum and dad showered them love unconditionally. It's a propeller

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by engrelvis(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
ecomalchemist:
A P T, as we grow older the truth reveals itself.
l luv dis.Age reveal alot of things.
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by SeriouslySense(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
In my secret mind, I would place a Mother above a father, since a mother is more relatable and therefore more impactful, fathers would be somewhat a figure or distant and unrelatable but admired or feared but not as valued as a Mother.

I may be wrong in my secret mind, but I think it's more healthy to place them equally in value. Since there may be some confidence and strength inspired by fathers.

descarado:

They always do.

The main problem is our men are very rigid and believe if they are vulnerable, their kids won't fear them especially the male child. Is fear or respect better than love?
Re: What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less by Karleb(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
yomi531:
99.5 % of Africans love their moms more than their dads. Even my dad told me he loved his mom more maybe because , his dad was a polygamist. My own dad too was a polygamist but, I can say it without mincing words that I and my sisters loved our dad more. We are amongst the 0.5% of people that prefer their dads. Rip daddy

Actually, your statistics are wrong.

A lot of children love their father. It just doesn't get the attention.

You can be present in your kids life and still be a pain in the butt to them. Just be a good and responsible father or mother. Dazzal!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion / Abuja Beggar, Translator Receive N2m Cash Gift / My Husband Hates Me For Giving Birth To Three Girls – Housewife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.