Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? (61275 Views)

If Your Girlfriend Is A Nurse, Kindly Accept My Sympathy / My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor / My Fiancée Is Requesting For 500K Before She Can Accept My Wedding Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by PoliteActivist: 12:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
bepositive11:

I don't define my beliefs based on Bible stories.

I define my beliefs based on my life experiences and introspection

Keep believing what you believe. You don't have to agree with me but since you can't present logical arguments as opposed to Bible stories to support your beliefs, I'm done arguing with you

But there are TONS of testimonies and stories of people who changed drastically after a defining occurrence in their lives. You ignore all of it because someone taught you that people never change! Learn to reject what you were taught when clear evidence exists or emerges that it was wrong.
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by bepositive11: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
PoliteActivist:

But there are TONS of testimonies and stories of people who changed drastically after a defining occurrence in their lives. You ignore all of it because someone taught you that people never change! Learn to reject what you were taught when clear evidence exists or emerges that it was wrong.

You're the one lacking clear evidence. You keep saying there are stories but you can't expand further. You're projecting

Do you personally know any of them?

What I'm saying is that people have different sides. Depending on certain circumstances, they present a particular side

Are you the same when you're angry? Are you the same when you're sad? No, right? Because you have different sides

All those people who you're saying changed had that side in them. It's just that that particular circumstance brought it out

They didn't really change. It was a part of them that you just never saw before

There are core values and there are beliefs. Beliefs can change with time but core values can never change

I have been through numerous traumatic experiences but the core values of mine never changed

All those people you are saying who changed never really changed. You just never saw that side of them before

Think about yourself. Do people know all sides of you? No right? Do you even know all sides of yourself?

You may think that you know people well. Believe me, you don't. Until they go through their absolute worse, you will never be able to see their true colours

Everyone can be nice, but when the going gets very tough and they're desperate for something and they're willing to do anything to get it, then you will see who they really are
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by PoliteActivist: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
bepositive11:

You're the one lacking clear evidence. You keep saying there are stories but you can't expand further. You're projecting

Do you personally know any of them?

What I'm saying is that people have different sides. Depending on certain circumstances, they present a particular side

Are you the same when you're angry? Are you the same when you're sad? No, right? Because you have different sides

All those people who you're saying changed had that side in them. It's just that that particular circumstance brought it out

They didn't really change. It was a part of them that you just never saw before

There are core values and there are beliefs. Beliefs can change with time but core values can never change

I have been through numerous traumatic experiences but the core values of mine never changed

All those people you are saying who changed never really changed. You just never saw that side of them before

Think about yourself. Do people know all sides of you? No right? Do you even know all sides of yourself?

You may think that you know people well. Believe me, you don't. Until they go through their absolute worse, you will never be able to see their true colours

Everyone can be nice, but when the going gets very tough and they're desperate for something and they're willing to do anything to get it, then you will see who they really are

You are simply WRONG sir. And yes it has happened to ME myself. Someone whose ultimate enjoyment was obtaining and sexing girls, becomes nauseated by the very thought of what was previously your main enjoyment in life! Stories abound of people radically changed by brain-washing or traumatic experiences. Even common hypnosis can change a person. Use your common sense sir, stop believing nonsense you were taught, and trying to fit reality into it!
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by bepositive11: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You are simply WRONG sir. And yes it has happened to ME myself. Someone whose ultimate enjoyment was obtaining and sexing girls, becomes nauseated by the very thought of what was previously your main enjoyment in life! Stories abound of people radically changed by brain-washing or traumatic experiences. Even common hypnosis can change a person. Use your common sense sir, stop believing nonsense you were taught, and trying to fit reality into it!

Read your comment as if you're saying it to yourself. Stop being disrespectful

Based on your example, you're talking about change in terms of behavior and attitude

I'm talking about change in terms of core values

We're not even talking about the same kind of change
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by PoliteActivist: 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2022
bepositive11:

Read your comment as if you're saying it to yourself. Stop being disrespectful

Based on your example, you're talking about change in terms of behavior and attitude

I'm talking about change in terms of core values

We're not even talking about the same kind of change

With all due respect sir, you sound ridiculous trying to be too clever by half cheesy! What can be more core than the value you place on something as intimate as sex??!! Your first statement verbatim was "people don't change", then you modified it to "people don't radically change". Now it's "core value". You are simply wrong on this one sir. You were taught wrong. People's core values change all the time!
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by yommen: 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
Halimaatz:
Nope, that would be wicked of you, he is playing with you and ur sis emotion.

And after he is done with you he would move to any of your available younger sis.

@op how many younger sisters?
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by bepositive11: 3:43am On Feb 03, 2022
PoliteActivist:

With all due respect sir, you sound ridiculous trying to be too clever by half cheesy! What can be more core than the value you place on something as intimate as sex??!! Your first statement verbatim was "people don't change", then you modified it to "people don't radically change". Now it's "core value". You are simply wrong on this one sir. You were taught wrong. People's core values change all the time!

I'm clearly talking to an uneducated person

Habits don't fine who a person is.

When someone changes they're habits and behavior, they change their habits and behavior not the core of who they are

You may have stopped sleeping around with women, but the person who you are now and who you were is still the same. That didn't change

We grow and evolve but the core of who we are remains the same. That's doesn't change. People don't change but their habits and behavior may evolve

Since you're not getting my point, I will stop wasting my time trying to explain

Have a good day.
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by PoliteActivist: 4:07am On Feb 03, 2022
bepositive11:

I'm clearly talking to an uneducated person

Habits don't fine who a person is.

When someone changes they're habits and behavior, they change their habits and behavior not the core of who they are

You may have stopped sleeping around with women, but the person who you are now and who you were is still the same. That didn't change

We grow and evolve but the core of who we are remains the same. That's doesn't change. People don't change but their habits and behavior may evolve

Since you're not getting my point, I will stop wasting my time trying to explain

Have a good day.

You should stop because you are not making any sense. What does "core of a person" mean? Define it.
Whatever you define it as, it can change. The only way is if you define it as nothing - as Buddhists believe. Which is why you used "core value" previously: it is definable - and eminently changeable!
Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by Konjiboi: 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2022
Read this before you make a BIG FOOL of yourself:

Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by Lamanii22(f): 1:09am On Feb 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Thanks dear. Just clicked like on your DP smiley

You can like on dp now?

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? by Das1mama: 2:07am On Feb 07, 2022
Don't start what you can't end...

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope / She Told Me Her Honest Story But It Made Me Lose Interest In Her / Bad Economy Forces Calabar Prostitutes To Slash Insertion Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.