Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,569 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! (24376 Views)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings / 'I Need My Money’ – Amuneke Adopts New Strategy To Tackle Debtor Tanzania FA / Gambling Has Destroyed My Relationship With My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by nzechukwuuu(m): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
my dear, severe problems are solved with severe measures!!! if you are ready, start by going of the internet completely, keep your smart phone aside and stay off the wed for six months !!! something in your head now will be telling you that it's not possible but it is!!! i can bet you that within six months you will pay off all your debts !!!! but most importantly, pay serious attention to your relationship with God !!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
I was banned for no known reason in travel section till 2022. It's 2022 and I've not been unbanned.
The ban was unjust because I did not contravened any of the nl rules and regulations.

Myn44, lalasclala, it's 2022.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by blackaxe78: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
Things never to try in your life

Drugs
Short women
Gambling
Spilling human blood

…..You will pay the price on Earth and ONLY God can redeem you. Rehab would only try, but only God can save you.

6 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by iTearHerToto: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
thank you for your comment. I agree with you that i need to avoid it but anytime i make up my mind to do this, when money enters my account like this, i totally forget about it and return back to it. I think I'm an addict. Might need help.
Just assume you got robbed and move on. That's the best way to stop any addiction that involves money/treasures. If yu can't assume keep losing and perish. The world is full enough angry
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by 07kjb: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
Learn to drink beer and forget about gambling, seems u have a good source of money try starting up a project that u know is even bigger than you like a two Deck building project,no be person go tell u to stop wasting money
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Olamiplenty1(m): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hello dear.
It is obvious you have been addicted to gambling and your soul has been overtaken by the spirit of gambling. You need deliverance.
Call on few spiritual lifted people around you, explain things to them and let them join you in prayer while you yourself go on three days fasting rebuking the spirit of gambling that have overtaken your life.
Use Mathew 15 vs 13, Psalm 18:45 and Psalm 51 as the WORD for your deliverance and restoration.
Believe me IF THE SON SET YOU FREE, YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED (John 8:36). God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Bolsman(m): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
Ending it "suicide" is not the solution either. You have come to realize how messy it has made you become. Have self-control and also pray that the Lord should take the gambling spirit out of you. Those that you're owing, you can make plan as to how to pay them gradually.

It's an habit that was formed, it can also be jettisoned too. Try to avoid going to the games centre. Take care bro.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by 07kjb: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
Learn to drink beer and forget about gambling, seems u have a good source of money try starting up a project that u know is even bigger than you, like a two Deck building project,no be person go tell u to stop wasting money

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Generalhunt(m): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
I have been in this shoes but thank God I'm getting over it gradually, you can't stop immediately it's a step at a time, let another person you trust be in control of your money,
Forget your loss and moved on.
It might be hard ooooo but just make the decision that you are not going back with prayer you will conquer 1 Timothy 6 vs 10
Proverb 10 vs22
Proverb 13 vs 11- 22

7 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Enasuarez(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.

I understand your pains bro because I've been there. Same thing happened to me few months back over this excessive addiction to bet9ja virtual games, it nosedived my debt profile on virtually 12 different Apps. The suicide push was much that sleeping became a luxury very far from my grip. The addiction for betting was high then. I sat down lonely that fateful early morning (1-2am), I cried and prayed to the heavens to break and create enemity between me and gambling addiction. I joined my decision with 21 days fasting and prayer, which my church is doing. To the Glory of God my sanity is back and the satanic urge for gambling broken in my life. For over 20 days now, I've never gone near a betting shop.
It's 101% possible to quit, if you sincerely wish to quit. Go to the Lord in prayers, He'll surely hacken to your cry, irrespective of how far you've roamed deep down the snare of gambling addiction.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by merits(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.

Just change your mind set towards it and you shall be free.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by sabiboi3595: 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
My guy stopping gambling is by choice, is just like stopping someone who is addicted to cigar to stop, u can control it, but it will be very hard, just give ur self this mindset, that u won't play it again, and also beg ur God to help, was once a chronic gambler, i even use my HND final skul fees to play virtual, if i should tell things i did, just to have money to play virtual, even Devil will be ashamed of me, it was not easy to stop, but i thank my God 4 helping me

5 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by chybuzky(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Op my advice for you is to fine something else that will be taking much of your time because it's takes something to leave another

So try putting your time on another stuffs
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Thank God for my life. Thank God for saving me from that demon

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by MisteerConcord(m): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lolz.

Na who give up Bleep up.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by badboyTee(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
ShenTeh:
I may not be earnestly qualified to advise you. But I know that suicide is selfishness and a crime against your family, yourself, government and your Chi.

What I often advise is that you can change location. Go and settle in another state and start your life afresh.

My earnest advice is to people who are not gambling yet or are not yet addicted to that vice. Don't think you are immune to the venom of this life shattering vice. Read the op's story and learn.

Don't start it. That's the key. Don't deceive yourself with ' I know what I am doing', 'My self control game is tight', etc Las Las, we are all flesh and blood.
STFU all you need is self control I do play nettings wella nah
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by TNORWAY: 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
i really appreciate your advice. As we are speaking. I've sent a mail to both sportybet and bet9ja to deactivate my accounts. I hope that can be a step in the right direction
you can deactivate bet9ja yourself why the sporty ,go under responsible gambling and set to 2095 year.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Kcdojoto(m): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Since u are betting online, change your password with what you will never remember in future then drop your android or iphone, start using any phone that is not compatible with Internet for atleast one year.
The betting will leave you, there was a time I wanted to be addicted to it but thank God I give my self brain by calling myself to order.

4 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by shegxy9(m): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmmmm I actually feel ur pains bro... I won't lie to u av lost money to betting as well... But this is the secret, pls get busy and be contented... Meanwhile one of easiest way to get ruined is to open an account with them, deactivate those accounts ASAP

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Emmanuel30a: 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
thank you for your comment. I agree with you that i need to avoid it but anytime i make up my mind to do this, when money enters my account like this, i totally forget about it and return back to it. I think I'm an addict. Might need help.
Godliness With Contentment Is Of A Great Gain.It Is Near Foolishness To Think Of Getting Rich Through Gambling. Gamble Is Not Durable Let Alone Sustainable. 90% Losses And 10% Winning.Logically, One Should QUIT BISQUIT FOR SUIT! They Can Give BISQUIT To Those Who Dress In SUIT But They May Not Give SUIT To Those Who Already Hold BISQUITS.QUIT BISQUIT For SUIT! Its More logical To QUIT When You Cant WIN Than To Be SPIN To Become Like BISQUIT.That BISQUIT Doesnt SUIT You, QUIT!
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Yankeeboy02: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hi bro,
I have been in this shit before, I lost my job, sold my car, sold my land and almost 12million to play virtual last three year. I almost commit suicide but my wife and family made me believe I can’t still make it and be a better man.
My advice for you is to stay away from any betting site or shop and regarding money, you can fixed your money in the bank and take the little that can cater your monthly expenses.

4 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by tonididdy(m): 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:

Hi, do you have kid (s)?
If yes, pick a Bible and swear to heavens you will never gamble again otherwise let God take one or all of your kids from you.

It's that simple
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Savager: 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
My Friend, First and foremost only a coward sees suicide as an option, Now consider how your mother will go through life after causing her so much pain and then you finally decides to take your life. Imagine the stigma she will go through “Na she born that boy wen gamble with he life finish come kill himself” So never ever think of it. Now is the time to face life and be deliberate about making your mother proud and get ready to buy her all she has lost for you. Be concerned about making her proud again. I was once like you and I’m in a better position to advise you. I have lost millions in virtual betting both online and in shop. Some months I lose up to a million naira or two. I can send you screenshots of my sporty bets transactions. But today I can tell you in over 3 months I haven’t bet a single game on virtual or sport bet. I sat down and told myself the truth that if the money I lose in betting I had spend it on myself it will be difficult to see a boy who will dress in quality wear more than myself. So I focused my to love myself and next I changed my mindset about betting being a source of income but rather a source of diminishing my income. And told I can tell you from being a chronic debtor I am now living a debt free life. I owe no one. Not even an app online. If I could do it then you can do it. I started betting since 2014 and stopped last year. Now when any money gets to your account do not even attempt to play 2 odds to multiply it, pay off your debt. I had a very strong mind. If you loan me money even when I have it to pay you I will play a two odd then make profit before I pay you and 2 odds became like a million odds to me. E Dey always cut. So it took me longer to pay my debts. After paying up your debt work hard and pay all your debt as you will have the best peace of mind when you live a debt free life.

9 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Pauladex(m): 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Xscape1993:
It is well with you dear.
Whalai It is not well with him. Tell him solution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Olaideolayemi(m): 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
There are so many things to stop addiction, especially gamling..You need to attend prayer house either mosque and church..Pray the spirit of gambling should disappeared,when God answered your prayer,it becomes irritated to you all the time,two, Delete the application from your phone immediately, don't wait untill they deactivate, three.. Avoid friends that play all stuff of gambling for now,four..Gathered yourself together,go and meet your mum and also your debtors, discussed with them how you going to pay the money..I think,you have something doing before, where you make money,Go to work and start paying your debt, before you know, it's cleared.gambling didn't work for you, therefore quit and face another things you are more desired in life..Write what you wish to achieved before this year run out and testimony will be full of your mouth.. don't kill yourself, It's sin and devil force, because you didn't create yourself..May God touch your soul..Amin..
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by WHITELIGHTER: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
hmmm

Most of us are trying to stop, it drains everything, finance, emotions, mental health, dignity

I'm even planning on selling off my betshop and focusing on something else

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by cliqtips: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
I am concerned about this .... please how did you make the millions ? I hope it was not from gambling

Austinboy:
I

I made millions of naira .
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by DrAkpa(m): 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
is there a good addiction to replace it with that dosen't involve me wasting money ? Right now I'm a mess. I'm 5 years behind in every aspect of life as a result of wasted resources.

Replace with olosho addiction

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Hezzyluv: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
pweeryambre:

I knew it, I know they must be controlling these things from somewhere

They use to control it. If you win virtual, it means if you lose that very moment, another person may win higher then what you're sopoz to win.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by generalwo(m): 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
U not alone bro... What you need now is to first, stop virtual.... That shit kills faster than cancer... Even if na N100 tickets you deh play, u will still be a big boy based on what you earn...... Please don't judge yourself and don't feel depressed. As for those apps that sent messages to your contacts calling you a criminal, if u pay them, na u Bleep up...... The character defamation is payment already for what you owe them... The book Don balance..... God no go shame us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Diego Costa Handed 8-Match Ban After Red Card Vs Barcelona / AFCON: Nigerians Drag Yul Edochie After Prophecy About The Super Eagles Fails / Nwakali Pictured With Ndidi, Musa, Ezenwa, Shehu Ahead Of Algeria Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.