Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! (24397 Views)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings / 'I Need My Money’ – Amuneke Adopts New Strategy To Tackle Debtor Tanzania FA / Gambling Has Destroyed My Relationship With My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Yoighaman(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.

I was just 'strolling pass' Nairaland and read your post, had to stop by for few minutes to advice you.

I feel you bro., I have somewhat been in your shoes, but maybe not as bad.

If you believe in God, the first step is to pray; kneel down and pray to him for help. When you go through experiences in life that outweigh you, you definitely need help, help from a higher being.

Second, Talk to someone you truly respect and who will always have your back, preferably a relative who you trust to a large extent, tell the person what you have resolved to do, tell him (or her) to frequently ask you for update, discuss your progress with him (or her); take it a day at a time.

Third, Change your mindset about making money from betting, IMO (In My Opinion) less than 5% ever hit it big, erase the belief from your mind that you could someday be among that meagre 5%. Betting should be fun, but when you cross the red line, it becomes a burden, worst than cocaine.

Fourth, Concentrate your effort and time on making money legit and get deeply involved in other non-harmful habits that give you joy, pleasure and satisfaction. Whenever the thought of betting comes to your mind, consciously wade it off, ignore it, remember, what you nurture grows, what you let suffer, dies. Never nurture the thought of gambling whenever it comes, as time goes on and to your amazement, it will die a natural death.

Fifth, Delete every betting App on your phone and never log in via any web browser, also detest betting shops like a plague, make up your mind to never visit there again. This is also the time to change your circle of friends, stop hanging out with or around folks that indulge in the habit, whether physically or remotely; don't even discuss anything betting with anyone again.

Sixth, Don't ever make the mistake of saying, "Let me just play today, after all, I have not played in the past 3 weeks or it's a sure game, let me play today only". If you try it, that will be the start of another fall and disaster.

Seventh and lastly, celebrate the small wins- celebrate three days of quitting, celebrate a week, celebrate two weeks, celebrate a month, celebrate two, three, four, five, six months and before you know it, you would be celebrating a year and then, two, three, five, seven and ten years and one day you will be on Nairaland reading a similar story that resonates with you and from the depth of your heart, you will pen down a response to the person, just like I have done with you.

May you be set free.

God be with you always.

Best wishes.

8 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Timterry: 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
I was once like you. My dad sold his car just to pay up my loan due to my addiction to gambling. You are the one that needs to make a resolve in your heart that you want to stop and pray about it. Tell your mum the addiction and pray about it. I thought mine wouldn't stop but today I will rather use my 100 naira to buy biscuit than stake it on a game. You need to decide completely to stop. The decision is in your hands, I know by now you would have lost weight so much due to over thinking and calculation. You can stop it and suicide is not the way out.

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by alamin0506(m): 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lucky you, at least you know what your problem is�
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by saintruky(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
@Austinboy.. gambling is indeed an addict.. i started playing bet November of 2021 after being lured in by a friend... D nigga nor dey let me rest by displaying his win... Omo since I joined, i won few times, na dem mean me, omo see loss on a steady...

This year I've played n equally lost.. i never win 1 naira, but i know how much i don loss.. in fact i play bet on a daily... Then i decided to let go b4 water to pass garri.. na same sporty i dey stake...

Bros d first solution is to either delete ur bet account or remove d card with which u fund d acct..

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Jimbah(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.
Bro I feel your pains..
God will see you through in this your challenging moment.
I no gree, I no gree na him keep many people for betting cage..
Forget the millions lost n move on. Get busy with any legal job to ease the addiction..

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Dayvidblue: 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:

What you are experiencing is termed problem gambling. It's a stage in gambling addiction where you do not have the ability to choose whether or not to gamble, you just do it because it just seems like the natural thing to do. I'll recommend these;
1. See all the money you have lost to gambling as money you never had, do not ever think of recovering them especially through gambling.

2. Stay away from activities and environments that reminds or gives you that urge to gamble.
You cannot be going to bet shops to watch football matches and still say you want to quite, that will amount to self deception as you will almost always meet people who are discussing their gambling escapades. This will in turn give you hope of hitting it big.

3. Learn when to give up, motivational speeches are most times filled with phrases of never giving up but the truth is even the bravest and most resilient sometimes give up, at least on an aspect of their thought pattern or ideas.
The bottom line is that you have to convince yourself that gambling can never really make you rich. U till you do that you will continue to maintain the hope of hitting it big one day and that will disrupt your resolve to quite.

4. Most importantly you need to consult an expert on problem gambling, you can Google it out and be sure to find an organisation with people who are willing to listen to you and offer some help.

Less I forget it is important that you pray a great deal, draw close to God as all efforts could prove futile without his help and do not resort to suicide, "nothing wey eye never see"
It just a matter of time and it will all pass away and you can have a grin when you remember.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Athemisia: 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:

You made yourself a serial debtor because of your greed and delusional state of mind not gambling.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by tunize(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
If I advice you na hard one oh, first thing first delete you betting accounts on all platform, delete any football checking app on your phone, for now do away with your mobile banking app, then this last one I doubt if you can do away with your PC for now if you have one, I didn't sey sell you can give it to your younger one, Your phone do away with it and switch to just a normal small botton phone I guess this should be a head start.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Athemisia: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:
The best way to manage Risk is to avoid it.

Risk avoidance is hard. Start first by avoiding Virtual bets. They are satanic. They're not programmed for you to win.
There's nothing satanic about it awon religious people angry angry
He chooses that path 'cuz of his own greed.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Timterry: 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2022
Yoighaman:

I was just 'strolling pass' Nairaland and read your post, had to stop by for few minutes to advice you.

I feel you bro., I have somewhat been in your shoes, but maybe not as bad.

If you believe in God, the first step is to pray; kneel down and pray to him for help. When you go through experiences in life that outweighs you, you definitely need help, help from a higher being.

Second, Talk to someone you truly respect and who will always have your back, preferably a relative who you trust to a large extent, tell the person what you have resolved to do, tell him (or her) to frequently ask you for update, discuss your progress with him (or her); take it a day at a time.

Third, Change your mindset about making money from betting, IMO (In My Opinion) less than 5% ever hit it big, erase the belief from your mind that you could someday be among that meagre 5%. Betting should be fun, but when you cross the red line, it becomes a burden, worst than cocaine.

Fourth, Concentrate your effort and time on making money legit and get deeply involved in other non-harmful habits that give you joy, pleasure and satisfaction. Whenever the thought of betting comes to your mind, consciously wade it off, ignore it, remember, what you nurture grows, what you let suffer, dies. Never nurture the thought of gambling whenever it comes, as time goes on and to your amazement, it will die a natural death.

Fifth, Delete every betting App on your phone and never log in via any web browser, also detest betting shops like a plague, make up your mind to never visit there again. This is also the time to change your circle of friends, stop hanging out with or around folks that indulge in the habit, whether physically or remotely; don't even discuss anything betting with anyone again.

Sixth, Don't ever make the mistake of saying, "Let me just play today, after all, I have not played in the past 3 weeks or it's a sure game, let me play today only". If you try it, that will be the start of another fall and disaster.

Seventh and lastly, Celebrate the small wins- celebrate three days of quitting, celebrate a week, celebrate two weeks, celebrate a month, celebrate two, three, four, five, six months and before you know it, you would be celebrating a year and then, two, three, five, seven and ten years and one day you will be on Nairaland reading a similar story that resonates with you and from the depth of your heart, you will pen down a response to the person, just like I have done with you.

May you be set free.

God be with you always.

Best wishes.

You have really done justice to the discussion. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by DEADALIVE: 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Rule one
Na money wey dem credit you be your own
Rule two
Life itself is gambling, but it must be done responsibly if you want to succeed.
Rule three
Learn to enjoy life first when you collect, never rush to make more.
Last rule
Invest first and buy tools to learn update that gives multiple stream of income.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by cjwalter(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
I- I have been there bro, first thing to do is make
Peace with the money you lost over the over the yrs,
Please and please don't go try to recover it just
Leave it for them, Promise mum that you will stop
Betting and make a future for yourself and tell her
To always pray for you,

2- Pray to God to give you strength to over come the
Urge to play again when ever money enters yours
Hand.

3- you said you have sent them a mail to block your
account, please bro don't wait for them bcs the will
keep delaying you, just put 4 incorrect password
And your account will be blocked immediately and
Please don't follow the step in your mail to recover
It.

4- budget any money that enters your hand, start any
Project or even start buying things little by little,
You will start seeing your money is going to, don't
Ever feel you can double d money in betting, just
Take it easy, you can start going out, buying
Clothes for your self, buy things that make you feel
Good about life, even u can get ps4 again to keep
You busy, if your bored or alone, bcs the urge will
Keep coming once in a while, mostly when ur a
Alone, for extreme measures once money enters
Your account if the urge is too much, send it out
Immediately to trusted family or friend to keep for
You, the urge will die that particular time.

5- cut off all your friends that plays virtual betting and
Try as much as u can to withdraw from where guys
Are talking of betting , always kill the love or urge
You Have for betting with hate, try to see it as your
Downfall/doom, see it as evil towards you that
Wants to bring you down in life, that wants you to
Die before your time,

6- bear in mind that is 90% lose in betting while 10%
Win, or make it big, which is based on luck and you
Have seen that your distiny is not in betting, forget
About them,

7- always pray about it and take each day one
By one, with time you will start seeing your
Progress, and where your money goes towards
Meanful things and happiness will return to you,

8- lastly the road in front of you is not easy, but
Believes that you will past through, i won't lie is
Hard to stop virtual betting bcs it has it own
Demonic spirit, you will relapse once in a while but
Have that belief that you will come out victorious.
Just follow this steps in some months you will look
Back and laugh and praise God, that you stop
Betting...Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Athemisia: 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
that's the problem. I don't visit shops. My phone is where the damage happens. I should add that I've sold numerous stuffs due to this. Sold my ps 4 twice, severally expensive phones gone , my mum has sold her golds because of this. So you know how bad this has gone. Right now I've also dragged her down as a result. I don't think i deserve to live again for real. Right now i can't step out because of fear of debtors and my tarnished image.
You are a FOOL
Better start working your ass out to pay back your debt now instead of you looking for the cheap way out.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Ameboperoo(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:

Deactivate all your betting accounts and know what freedom is for real.
Focus on your work/biz like never before and set targets for repaying your debts. With determination and prayers, you will surely bounce back after this set back.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by ravensckar(m): 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
This nonsense talk of gambling being a 'spirit' irritates me a lot. It's a big fat lie! There's nothing spiritual about gambling. It's a psychological thing; it has to do with one's mentality and mindset. Everyone that has ever gambled often do so with the expectation of winning and that's where the problem begins.

Now, let me help you with the synopsis;

Stage 1 (The activation of a gambler's inner greed)- a gambler begins his sojourn by staking a certain amount of money (which is usually a small amount for a start) with the intent of winning something big. This is his first mistake.

Stage 2 (The endless hope)- after losing that small amount, he stakes a bigger one with the intention of recovering all his loses. And when he loses, he repeats the process. For every time he stakes, he hopes to recover all his loses and quit for good. Lolz.

Stage 3 (The stage where a person reveals his true colour)- having lost the first, second and probably third stake. A person's personality decides what happens next. A realistic, cautious or lily-livered person will cut his loses and quit for good. A risk taker, hard-hearted or outrightly greedy person will continue with such fruitless adventure until they become addicted.

Stage 4 (the addiction stage)- most gamblers never think about their loses, rather, it's about what they didn't win. Seeing the bigger prize is all too alluring for most gamblers, hence, they never quit. The stakes have become bigger, their loses have accumulated overtime. Just one win and all their problems will be solved. On and on, they stink deeper into that addiction until they......... **coughs**

**How to overcome gambling addiction**

1- Understand that the whole gambling scheme was designed to make you lose your money i.e nobody can be wiser than the bookmakers. cheesy cheesy
it's a fruitless adventure. So, don't venture into it.

2- When you find yourself there, develop the self-control to cut your loses and quit before you become addicted.

3- If eventually you become addicted, delete all the gambling apps on your phone and seek help. i.e seek counsel from those who have overcome such addiction.

PS- I was once a bet9ja customer, so I'm speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by otokpsy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
Delete those betting and bank apps from your phone first
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Smartguy20(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
The only way u can stop this virtual gambling is if you have a serious girlfriend you truely loves, you have to sit her down and explain your bad habit to her...and you will have to make a vow to her that wen ever she sees you go near any gambling shop or hears about it ,the she is free to quite the relationship...that's the logic I use to stop virtual gambling...
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by sylve11: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:
Start first by avoiding Virtual bets. They are satanic. They're not programmed for you to win.

grin cool
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by GreatGod906: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
blackaxe78:
Things never to try in your life

Drugs
Short women
Gambling
Spilling human blood

…..You will pay the price on Earth and ONLY God can redeem you. Rehab would only try, but only God can save you.
please enlighten me about d short woman part,my friend also said something close
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Firerising(m): 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
Only one person can help you...
Let me not be churchy but it's only God can help you....addict yourself with his presence and know that your help and money comes from him.....
and stop dreaming that you will use 100naira to make millions.....work hard for your money bro....
hustle and God will help you....

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Niwdog(m): 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
You have no plan
You made millions but don't know what to do with it
A Gambler ought to have a plan if you win that money you're looking for what are you going to do with but you're winning for win sake that's why they took their money plus yours
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Lexcott: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
Bro gambling is crazy...lost alot of money at once last year. Might seem little to you but to me it was huge..na God just help me...I no be deep Christian or spiritual man...but my own advice wey work for me...try fast for a week..and as u dey fast dey pray...remember if u gamble..u fast don spoil be that...so why will you make your self hungry. .you must win.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Buziness101: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:

If you believe in "A Way Where There Seems To Be No Way.... And If You Believe In Yourself, I Advice You To Continue... One Day You Will Find That Wch You Have Sought For Many Yrs
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by ShenTeh(m): 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
badboyTee:
STFU all you need is self control I do play nettings wella nah

Continue. You will remember that strangers warned you.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Buziness101: 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2022
Patience Is A Virtue Only The Rich Or The Future Rich Understands this.... That's Why They Say - Be Consistent Doing Just 1Thing.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by charlesdinho7(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
i tried betting by downloading the popular 1xbet app and immediately, i uninstalled it. i just saved myself from impending addiction. i will never download any sport betting app on my phone

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by AlphaBeta130: 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
OrganicCluster:
You need knowledge after which you act on what you have learnt.

If I quit gambling (where I lost over #16M) you too can quit gambling. It's satanic and develish.

If you are in Abuja, I have books for you and if you are not in Abuja, you can get just one book of the books.

Send me a WhatsApp message 0-8-039-88-9633.
You lost a whopping 16m shocked
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by sammirano: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:
The best way to manage Risk is to avoid it.

Risk avoidance is hard. Start first by avoiding Virtual bets. They are satanic. They're not programmed for you to win.

Hmmm. This statement is not true and inconsequential to the ops issue
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Hightser: 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Bros op is not a real niggar

Gambling is good....but you must gamble with sense

Don't quit....quitters don't win and winners don't quit

For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers

You are senseless, instead of you to think of opening a bet company, you are seeing gambling as one of the million ways to become rich, that’s a sign of a lazy mentality, gambling is bad in all ramifications, gambling destroyed a sound and brilliant friend of mine and I can’t see any one praise gambling and not get angry with the person.

The intelligent and ambitious ones are opening bet companies up and down to become rich by ripping a slowpoke like you and op of their money because they know you are selfish and waiting to make money by not working hard.

Thanks to you we have big men riding big cars and living in big mansions, Akin alabi comes to mind, keep living in delusion, I want to see you in 10 years time become rich through gambling.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2022
You can never stop betting. No be juju or swear. Take it from me. Except of course, cash no dey hand. If you like, deactivate all your betting accounts from Ogbomosho to Zamfara, Alabi knows how to get you and where to find you. cheesy

Meanwhile, if you understand that picture below, na legend you be. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Think9ja(m): 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2022
The truth is that nothing we tell you here can change you. I have a brother like that, he will be 34 by September but he's completely lost .

He's a liability to everyone around him as a result of his gambling addictions.

There's nothing we haven't said. My mum has gone as far as laying a curse on him by telling him that he will never win no matter how much he tries, this is just to stop him from playing.

But he won't stop.

He has damaged his relationship and reputation with everyone that knows him, due to gambling.

Any money that touches his hand goes to betting shops. He used his office money to even play, which resulted in his sack.

Right now, nobody talks to him about gambling anymore.

All we do now is watch him and see what becomes of his life.

I hate betting with everything in me. If you like win the world, it won't push me to give those evil guys my N100

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by PossibleUN: 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
Just call me.07065170001. I'm once a victim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Efe Ajagba Joins Fury, Pacquiao At Top Rank Promotions / Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return / Video Of Super Eagles Semi Final Stadium Entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.