Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! (24429 Views)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings / 'I Need My Money’ – Amuneke Adopts New Strategy To Tackle Debtor Tanzania FA / Gambling Has Destroyed My Relationship With My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by sammirano: 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
Op. You have a complusive behaviour disorder. It may be good or bad. Depends on how you channel it. Personally, i do not think shrinks and therapists works actually. God gave man freewill for a purpose. You needto decide what tragetory you life will take going forward. Only you, and you alone can do this. As a tip, you may relocate and explore. See how it works. For me, I'd say channel your energy to another addictive behavior, a positive one obviously

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by thikturk: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
My brother I have wasted more than 8 yrs in betting. I bet with 50k 100k as the highest single stake but I don't stake less than 1k but thank God I stopped betting since 2019. Betting is a very bad addiction like u are hipnotysed. Then I think nothing but betting, all advice and warning fell on deaf ears.
To cut short only you can stop it. But u must accept the state u found urself now. Don't compare urself with ur mates cos it will push u to go bet as a means of meeting up fast but Kno that instead of meeting up u sinking more.
Please 4get time u have lost focus on future with plans to bounce back, write it down and look at it every morning and night. Know this "Betting is ur enemy to a better life.

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by johhbekeboh09: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:
The best way to manage Risk is to avoid it.

Risk avoidance is hard. Start first by avoiding Virtual bets. They are satanic. They're not programmed for you to win.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by derbykol(f): 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
i really appreciate your advice. As we are speaking. I've sent a mail to both sportybet and bet9ja to deactivate my accounts. I hope that can be a step in the right direction
Bet9ja will deactivate it for you,but Sportybet will tell you to opt for a break.Betting is evil,no matter how much one can win from it.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Vado(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
ok thanks bro

Hope no be Onyekachi be this? Had one boy by such name that is an exact mess. I don’t know which therapy can work for you but what did for me was replacing it with a healthy money making addiction. Your brain gets tricked into same satisfaction only that one is actually good for you. I love tech so I went all in, remote jobs, freelancing you know stuffs like that. Now I detest gambling & even those like Akin Alabi who built their wealth off it. Just find something else to occupy that brain with. You must be equally passionate about it & give yourself 1-2yrs, you’ll be back with testimonies.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by kansoboy: 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
What if I give free sure 2odd daily?

Lol..
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Ishilove: 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
You can never stop betting. No be juju or swear. Take it from me. Except of course, cash no dey hand. If you like, deactivate all your betting accounts from Ogbomosho to Zamfara, Alabi knows how to get you and where to find you. cheesy

Meanwhile, if you understand that picture below, na legend you be. cheesy
BetKing in the same vicinity with LAPO cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
tonididdy:

Hi, do you have kid (s)?
If yes, pick a Bible and swear to heavens you will never gamble again otherwise let God take one or all of your kids from you.

It's that simple

Guy. cheesy

On top betting? The truth is that, he can never stop o. E dey be like jazz.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by badboyTee(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
[s]
ShenTeh:

Continue. You will remember that strangers warned you.[/s]
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
kansoboy:
What if I give free sure 2odd daily?

Lol..

Why you wicked like this?

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Father254: 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
thank you for your comment. I agree with you that i need to avoid it but anytime i make up my mind to do this, when money enters my account like this, i totally forget about it and return back to it. I think I'm an addict. Might need help.

First delete that app from your phone.
Make sure you don't keep big amount of money in your possession. If married, give your wife permission to control your cash .
Have hope on another source of income . Bet is working for some but to other it's sapping their lives away.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
I will advice that you stop using any phone that can be used for betting since you gamble on your phone. Get a touch light phone and start using it will help you.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Abashymoney: 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
This same bet that majority of people are complaining about is what's enriching some folks without placing a single bet. All you lack is information on how this works. Get the information right please..

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Ndidi29: 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
Change your location...If possible go and stay in the village or area that do not have the betshop...
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Pegi23(f): 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Let me help u with keeping your money dear.i will only release your money if u have a reason to use it. I will make sure u don't see money to gamble..but seriously op change your environment..go to a place that gambling center isn't there and a place that is far from any gambling center. Keep your self busy. Don't be idle...

Consider me saving your money for you oo.i help people

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by ask4chigozirim(m): 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
The secret to gambling is greed, if you want to be greedy, no over greedy. Why not stake that your hundred naira to win 500? Is small abi? You want to win Millions . who told you all the bet house are not eyeing you #100 ? But you feel more comfortable when you win daily #400,#500 to losing #100. Don't be greedy be it at the back of your mind that is a race everyone needs your money. So if you must gamble, gamble with change and don't be greedy

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Lonelyhrt1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
that's the problem. I don't visit shops. My phone is where the damage happens. I should add that I've sold numerous stuffs due to this. Sold my ps 4 twice, severally expensive phones gone , my mum has sold her golds because of this. So you know how bad this has gone. Right now I've also dragged her down as a result. I don't think i deserve to live again for real. Right now i can't step out because of fear of debtors and my tarnished image.

I was once addicted just like you or even more than you bro since you always use your mobile phone then deactivate your USSD code, don't use ATM and don't use mobile banking App. Anytime you need cash, go withdraw inside the bank. I have used 2m to play game in just one day, you might think I'm lying but I'm being honest here � mind you I'd play maybe ones or twice every month but not as I used to and this time around I have wised up a bit. My savings account ATM is with my wife, I have instructed her not to give me the card except something came up with evidence. if you can do this bro, it will reduce how you play although it won't stop you but it sure will help a lot. Try this and give me feedback

4 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by six1996(m): 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
First think to is..1 .. delete all ur account in all related bet account across all betting site there ur card connected to this account goes of... 2.. identify the problem e.g avoiding bet shops, football. Nd all...
3. Have account u can't have access to unless u go to the bank... Nd kill of all habit of greedness .. how to u expect to win 500k with 1k nd so on
4.. be close to God nd asking him to help u In this journey..
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Tellwhat: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Gamble with sense, don't place bets on Virtual, that thing na Satan, place your bets on Normal live games
Gambling evil. Not just virtual

Be like you never see person lose like 2million Naira untop less than 2 odds

Bayern home win and small odd yet dem lose
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by MistaCode(m): 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.
The first thing you need to do is to deactivate your accounts and stay away from Android or IOS phones, make use of Touchlite phones (phones without internet connection) for atleast 2months, Then channel your energy into something more profitable, your business or job

Resist the urge to bet using a friends phone, or going to bet outlets and give God a chance to work in your life weekend basis...!!

This is how a friend of mine conquered his addiction!!
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Tellwhat: 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
bouncin04:
WTF Man . Block all your ATM cards . Thank me later bro. I went through same shit . 2019 lost over 11 million box. Attached below is a screenshot of my confession on a popular tread on here 2019 , good luck bro.
Wow. Please drop my tips on how you stopped because gambling addiction is something else. One of the worst addiction
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by sorextee(m): 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
Bro, me sef dey gamble o. In fact, I just finished dey book one slip like dat. For a start, stay away from anything virtual. I've never even bothered to try it with my money, except using freebet(I didn't work for dat one). It's totally up to you, if u want to quit or not. But here is a list of my advice:

1. Never borrow to gamble
2. Stake what u can afford to lose
3. Be wise in ur stakes, apply wisdom. Let me expand this point. I set a target to win at least 10k every week. I start with 1k or 5h as d case may be. I bet two sure odds. I Win 2k+, I withdraw 1500 and stake the rest for midnight games. This is how I do mine, and I don't lose much(midnight games is surer than those day games).

4. Never stake above ur means. Stop chasing million naira ticket. Do as I explained in point3.

5. Learn to go on break, wen the losses are getting too much.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by ChasinGood(m): 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
Be like gambling don run you street. grin
ShenTeh:
I may not be earnestly qualified to advise you. But I know that suicide is selfishness and a crime against your family, yourself, government and your Chi.

What I often advise is that you can change location. Go and settle in another state and start your life afresh.

My earnest advice is to people who are not gambling yet or are not yet addicted to that vice. Don't think you are immune to the venom of this life shattering vice. Read the op's story and learn.

Don't start it. That's the key. Don't deceive yourself with ' I know what I am doing', 'My self control game is tight', etc Las Las, we are all flesh and blood.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Tellwhat: 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
ask4chigozirim:
The secret to gambling is greed, if you want to be greedy, no over greedy. Why not stake that your hundred naira to win 500? Is small abi? You want to win Millions . who told you all the bet house are not eyeing you #100 ? But you feel more comfortable when you win daily #400,#500 to losing #100. Don't be greedy be it at the back of your mind that is a race everyone needs your money. So if you must gamble, gamble with change and don't be greedy
Lol. This your logic no follow

What will 100 naira to win 500 do for him

This guy is talking about like betting 500k, 1 million etc

Let me te you I have seen someone bet 1m to win ,1.3m and he lost his money

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by johhbekeboh09: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.

Very sorry about your situation...but your case isn't a hopeless one

Only you can break free from this bondage you entangled yourself; accept responsibility that you wilfully permited gambling demons to take over control of your life and tie a harnessing rope around your neck/thoughts through which they walk you in and out of betting shops anytime you possess money...however know you are naturally created with an inner will/power to emancipate yourself by resisting these demons...they'll all flee from you

The Way Out:
* Sever relationships with friends and relatives who gamble

*Avoid visiting gambling shops or Sports viewing centres or any company of people that'll set up the situation

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Shakur86(m): 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2022
Listen up, I have been in your shoe infact it got to a stage where I have to steal from my office through fraud to do Gambling, Thanks to God it has become a story now, I will advice you tell one of your Family member cos i think you need someone close to you to hear you out at least make a pledged to those you are indebted to. Gambling is evil, it brings nothing than dejection, frustration and heartbreaking. Above all seek Forgiveness from God and promise yourself not to get yourself involve in this evil act. It is well

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by derbykol(f): 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Guy. cheesy

On top betting? The truth is that, he can never stop o. E dey be like jazz.
He can!A lot of people have and he can.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Charliej: 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lol so many people can't come out to do what you have done UV admitted you have a problem that's the 1st step dont mk it a habit or let it control you stay away from bet shops or bet related sites its all in the mind give yourself more responsibilty like occupy your time with activities
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by vickydevoka(m): 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
Oga just start another habit immediately. If money come, go look for guys or babes make una drink. I was worst Dan u. Infact I de owe all de apps.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by chaloskyx: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
PAY YOUR DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Barcelona Lose 2 - 3 To Eintracht Frankfurt, Crash Out Of Europa League / Keshi To Oliseh: You Were Nobody When You Started / Samuel Eto'o Pleads Guilty For €3.88m Tax Fraud To Avoid Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.