Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! (24389 Views)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings / 'I Need My Money’ – Amuneke Adopts New Strategy To Tackle Debtor Tanzania FA / Gambling Has Destroyed My Relationship With My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by November24(f): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hezzyluv:

It can easily be manipulated because, they control it in there office.

Stay away from virtual....

Is esports virtual too
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by webxpert107: 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
Nigerians are not accustomed to seeing therapist. This would have been the best option.
I don't know how addiction to betting works, but I know to fight most addictions, you need serious self discipline.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Househelp(m): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
I just have to add mine. After reading everybody who has been a gambler before and quit. It's clear it's indeed a spirit, it has its good and bad side but more it's ugly side. Gambling can crush your joy and dreams it always end in suicidal thoughts. God and deleting your apps, for app betters and not visiting their shops is key. But more let go of the past and all you have lost the fact you're still alive after those very powerful suicidal thoughts means God has something very big for you. Just believe he's going to take you places you'll recover even more and God loves you more than you can imagine

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Agboconsult1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
Get someone u trust. Anytime money enter ur account, to avoid using it for gamble, tell the trusted friend to help u keep the money.

Just suggesting. Its not easy
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by turkeyman: 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
Oga let me give u some advice, 1. Sell your phone and switch to a torch light or non internet phone ,to cut down access to the apps ,you can send a message to them to block you permanently on their platform,2. For the loan apps I will advice you not to bother about paying back for now since they have already tarnished your image ,there burden is even worst than the bet addiction. Focus on saving money for now, learn a new offline skill that will keep you mostly offline,3. Go to they bank and block all your ATM cards, avoid using ATM card for any online transaction for the next 12 weeks, use only hard cash ,get a wallet and put the money there and only spend when necessary.
Please remember you are never 5 years behind but 5 years forward ,your situation now is the function of Your decision 5 years ago.
Never hold back to lost funds :thats is one rule of keeping and making money,just let go and start afresh , you are stronger than what you think.
Get y
Up and brace up.
One more thing ,that money you always put in your betting account, get those ajor people and start daily contribution, you will thank me later for the speed of your recovery.
Peace bro, hit me up if you need further guidance on your path to recovery and personal emancipation
Austinboy:
that's the problem. I don't visit shops. My phone is where the damage happens. I should add that I've sold numerous stuffs due to this. Sold my ps 4 twice, severally expensive phones gone , my mum has sold her golds because of this. So you know how bad this has gone. Right now I've also dragged her down as a result. I don't think i deserve to live again for real. Right now i can't step out because of fear of debtors and my tarnished image.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by eskuvoisrael(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
Bigup and pursue your hussle. Bet is bae
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Ebullient76(m): 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2022
Firstly, ask God for forgiveness. Secondly, try to change your mindset and perception by occupying your mind with good thoughts. You can build back your image again if you're ready to so. Inculcate in yourself the power of silence over any distraction and you will see yourself becoming a better person again. Good luck!
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by joeyrayroy(m): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Hi bro,
I have been in this shit before, I lost my job, sold my car, sold my land and almost 12million to play virtual last three year. I almost commit suicide but my wife and family made me believe I can’t still make it and be a better man.
My advice for you is to stay away from any betting site or shop and regarding money, you can fixed your money in the bank and take the little that can cater your monthly expenses.

Last time I gambled was 28th July 2017 just before my final exam, I had just collected my rent,went straight to the bet house,and within 20mins I lost all while standing..

I have had like 3 relapses before this time,but when this event of 28th July 2017 happened, I just developed intense contempt for the act,no effort to stop,just pure hatred for betting.

OP, With Contempt for your past, and knowing how responsible you used to be , meet your creditors one after the other and let them know when you will settle them,make it your goal,you will be amazed at what achieving that goal will do to your esteem.

Read this book, "The richest man in Babylon".

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Oyiboman69: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:

Deactivate your bet accounts and Activate your brain.
I like the last line about activating his brain... how can someone be so foolish to the extent that he bets on something he does not know how it is programmed and who controls it and you go as high putting money into it. it is the height of foolishness, and surpose I choose A and you now change it to B...I won't be foolish to that extent of embarking on such futility.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by blackaxe78: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
Olarewaju89:

I no understand... What do you mean by short women?

Experience will teach you.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by November24(f): 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
badboyTee:
cheesy to leave it isn't really easy I remembered when I still dey fire sporty bet and all that but the thing is the money you win from it would always be less from the money you have lost don't play instant virtual again instead just play bookings alone you see that virtual it can ruin lives in just seconds

Pls Is esports virtual too ?
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Fame1309(f): 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
Some times idoness is the curse.try an engage urself with something that makes u happy, gradually u will see urself leaving Gambling.this is what helped me out.cos I was once like u.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Tellwhat: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
Fucklove:
Austino677 I guess. Heavy staker that year sad angry
My thoughts exactly immediately I saw Austin

But it's possible no be him cos I guess that Austin is still in that betting thread or maybe na still him
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Na bad addiction you find yourself so. Just try and conquer it with another addiction.
I bet too, but the last time I stake was about 3weekz ago. They chop my 10k, and I have to go for break.. cheesy

Omo Government need to Ban All Forms of Betting. Shebi we are all Muslim and Christians in this country and both Religions condemn gambling.

Last 2 week Bet9ja chop my 11k I no dey bet again for this life. 11k wey I suppose use hold body till month end I use am carry two Odds, E Cut.
On God I no dey bet again titi Lai lai

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
thank you for your comment. I agree with you that i need to avoid it but anytime i make up my mind to do this, when money enters my account like this, i totally forget about it and return back to it. I think I'm an addict. Might need help.
Boss, there's a temporary solution though.

Write to your bank and ask them to place your account on PND (Post No Debit) pending when you will overcome the addiction.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by donhils: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
What is it you do that gave you all the 15m you're splashing on games?
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Fucklove(m): 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
Tellwhat:

My thoughts exactly immediately I saw Austin

But it's possible no be him cos I guess that Austin is still in that betting thread or maybe na still him
Na Austino be that
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Tellwhat: 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2022
Shalommy:
Hmmm... Gamblers are like cultists because once you join, its difficult to walk away. Try and delete the betting apps and change your environment. Chaii
Easier to quit cultism than gambling
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by theamazonguru(m): 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
Op, if you will hear word.
Take this from someone with similar experience. But mine was ponzi.
If I tell you my real name chances are anyone reading this would know me.
I was so popular in the ponzi world.
I was a go-to guy for ponzi sites.
I had whatsapp groups dedicated to ponzi. People were fighting to join my groups.
People who intend to launch a ponzi site were always referred to me because of my large followership.

Just call me ponzi Lord.
Las las. It all ended in premium tears.
I was making money at first but when "hell was let loose on me",I started loosing in millions. I always put 1m hoping to cash out 1.5mor higher. I did this on many platforms,it all ended in tears.

I got sick.
I got suicidal.
I was loosing my sanity, I knew I needed help just like you.

What did I do?

1. I went to the only one I thought could help, God. I prayed.
Then I took the following conscious steps.
2. I made sure I carried my wife in my daily finance.
As I received any cash, my wife knows about it.
She plans how we spend it.
3. Then I started buying lands
4. I started developing them.
5. I made sure I don't keep spare cash. As in not even any for emergency.
6. I left social media completely. Facebook oh, whatsapp oh, telegram oh.

I must confess that God has been very gracious to me.
I don't have unnecessary emergencies.
No hospital bills. No useless calls demanding for money.

So whatever we need to spend in the home for the month is what I withdraw. - feeding, fuel, entertainment etc
My wife is my accountant.

I did this for years till all the ponzi spirit and blood in me died a natural death.

Look for someone you can be accountable to
One you know you would respect his/her regimented plan to help you get out of this phase.

Do all you can to delete anything that can help you reconnect to betting. Simply put, burn the bridges.

And never forget the place of God.
Suicide is not an option, so "die / bury" that idea.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by jimmynauty: 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy

Greed+impatience ~> death.

First, spirit at work in the children of disobedience has a hold on you.

Secondly, you need Spirit help not psychological help.

Will take your case and intercede for your release.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Vitex10: 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
Your level of self-discipline and self-control must be off the roof for you notto be wrecked by gambling.
First time ever I tried virtual was at a Betking shop in 2017.
That day I picked 5 games for ov2.5 and lost.
Then I picked 3 games for ov2.5 and lost.
Then I pick 3 games for ov1.5...guess what? I LOST!
That was the first and last day I ever played virtual.
Even when I bet on real soccer games, I decide when and when not to bet.
I could easily go weeks without betting if I want to.
Now that's what I call betting NOT gambling.
Bible says that anyone who can't control himself is like a city with broken down walls and like someone advised, you may have to go for deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:
The best way to manage Risk is to avoid it.

Risk avoidance is hard. Start first by avoiding Virtual bets. They are satanic. They're not programmed for you to win.

Message me on WhatsApp: 08051865953. I have advices for you, if you are truly ready. Note, don't pay anyone any dime for any spiritual cleansing or close, cos you have what it takes to stop it in you...
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Eberex(m): 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
I no dey pass 200naira when I stake
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Halo22: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
Op you said you lost about how much on virtual? See virtual is a very useless thing and can never make headway for any gambler. I think ur problem z that u are already addicted to playing game even without checking whether it will enter or not. On advice, since it is becoming an issue for you already, don't think too bad about life but see it as one of the challenges of life and it for now. You can just be watching matches for fun.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Kriss216: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
SilverSpoonEnt:

Message me on WhatsApp: 08051865953. I have advices for you, if you are truly ready. Note, don't pay anyone any dime for any spiritual cleansing or close, cos you have what it takes to stop it in you...
Is the message for me or the OP?

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Vitex10: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
I also suggest you visit the BeGambleAware website it will help you a lot
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by millionboi(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
BabaJoe001:
You on the way to redemption. My Brother lost 67 million naira to bet9ja in two years. He sold his lands just to retrieve his money.. but all went down to drain. Now he has been redeemed. Though still financially down. But his life is becoming better now. Gambling is bad. It doesn't worth it
wait,u mean 6.7million abi?
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
millionboi:
wait,u mean 6.7million abi?

No brother.. it's 67 million. Sixty seven million Naira.no joke brother. It's really. He sold all his properties just to recover his money. He was selling them one by one.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by HardMirror(m): 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.
story of my life. Mine is just around 8million. The problem is you keep going back because you hope to recover just some of your losses.

It gets so bad, you are hoping out of the 15million lost you can just get N1million back, then you loss more and the circle continues.

What you need is a financial partner. Someone that detests gambling someone you can trust perhaps your sister.

You have to accept your loss, you have to let go and stop thinking you can recover anything.

Start keeping the little money you have with this your trusted sister and start a career or business.

Most importantly, stop giving your self SHORT TERM GOALS. SHORT TERM GOALS IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL THESE.
Think long term. Build your finances with a long term view not expecting to become a millionaire in a month or a year. Think 5 years or 10 years and be contented to work for little gains

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by HardMirror(m): 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2022
BabaJoe001:

No brother.. it's 67 million. Sixty seven million Naira.no joke brother. It's really. He sold all his properties just to recover his money. He was selling them one by one.
that one is still better. I know a lawyer in Imo state that used to be very very rich, I mean he easily worth over a billion naira. Now he borrows money as little as hundred thousand naira because of gambling. All lost under 5-6 years

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ighalo Set For Super Eagles’ Return / Efe Ajagba Joins Fury, Pacquiao At Top Rank Promotions / Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.