Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! (24385 Views)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings / 'I Need My Money’ – Amuneke Adopts New Strategy To Tackle Debtor Tanzania FA / Gambling Has Destroyed My Relationship With My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by twosquare(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2022
I understand what you are going through, but know that behind every destructive habit, there is a spirit fanning and keeping the embers glowing. An habit can start naturally, but when it goes to the extreme, know that something has perched to keep you going.

This is enough pill for you; can't recommend anything again after this:

1 Timothy 6-10: 6Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, [d]and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (NKJV)

Let's look at the Amplified version:

6But godliness actually is a source of great gain when accompanied by contentment [that contentment which comes from a sense of inner confidence based on the sufficiency of God]. 7For we have brought nothing into the world, so [it is clear that] we cannot take anything out of it, either. 8But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9But those who [are not financially ethical and] crave to get rich [with a compulsive, greedy longing for wealth] fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction [leading to personal misery]. 10For the love of money [that is, the greedy desire for it and the willingness to gain it unethically] is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves [through and through] with many sorrows.

Read these verses morning and night as your medicine. It's to heal your mind. Accompany it with fasting and prayer, morning and night. That the Lord should deliver you from the spirit of gambling. He will show you a way out.

Lastly, confess your struggles to a woman (not man) that you trust and you are accountable to. Shine light on that deed and expose it.

The Lord help you!

Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by omomumcee(m): 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
sold mine due to virtual and color, also lost the money to that same virtual n color

WHITELIGHTER:
hmmm

Most of us are trying to stop, it drains everything, finance, emotions, mental health, dignity

I'm even planning on selling off my betshop and focusing on something else
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by twosquare(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
blackaxe78:
Things never to try in your life

Drugs
Short women
Gambling
Spilling human blood

…..You will pay the price on Earth and ONLY God can redeem you. Rehab would only try, but only God can save you.
grin grin grin cheesy Why sir, at the bold? Bad experience? cheesy
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
FROM DOG RACING TO DEBT RACE grin
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Hiq0: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
Oh
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by ultimateprof: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
One man down, over!
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Lordrico: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
Omo. This was me. To stop gambling no hard. U dont need any special prayers.. just makeup ur mind say nothing go make u gamble again. It's just a 5 seconds decision.. those people are robbers. Just always remember you can't win against AI and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by lionphil(m): 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.

In addition to the advices given, get a piggy bank. Each time you have the urge to go to the bet store, remove that money from your account and put it in the piggy... after two months, come and thank me.

Better still, get new friends and get something to keep you really busy like learning a hand work... the fact that you're free, gives you room to want to head to the bet shop.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Karlzy01(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
The goodnews is that there's hope for you because I'm a living testimony.

13th of March will make it 2 years I quit everything that has to do with gambling and in that time I've not stepped my foot in gambling house.

I've heard pple say they've won,my manager where I work plays bet and wins sometimes but I don't get tempted at all because i see it as rubbish and I know what I went through and how God delivered me.

If you see this please contact me,I can help you.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by okeyngene1: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:

Op I was in the same train with you. The best way to avoid gambling is not allowing any money to stay in your account. Immediately any money comes to your account transfer the money to either your mum account or a close friend who you trust so much. Before that explain to the person the reason why you are transferring the money to his/her account so he can help you save the money.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Fantazy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
I understand how u feel.
I'm also finding it difficult to quit even after uninstalling the betting apps. I will still find myself installing it back, play game, loose and regret again. Its always look as if something is pushing someone to play, if u don't, u won't feel okay until u play.
Though I have and will never play virtual by God's grace, and mine will never get to the stage of entering into debt. God forbid!

May God help us to be addicted to things that will make us and not break us. Amen

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by WHITELIGHTER: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
omomumcee:
sold mine due to virtual and color, also lost the money to that same virtual n color

Damn! Hope u have finally stopped....
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Yoyoblazing: 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hezzyluv:

It can easily be manipulated because, they control it in there office.

Stay away from virtual....
.......u just need to stay away from it
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Yoyoblazing: 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
okeyngene1:

Op I was in the same train with you. The best way to avoid gambling is not allowing any money to stay in your account. Immediately any money comes to your account transfer the money to either your mum account or a close friend who you trust so much. Before that explain to the person the reason why you are transferring the money to his/her account so he can help you save the money.
...u are right bro that is the best way u can be save
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by lymelyte(m): 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2022
Revolution2022:
Cryptocurrency, buying shares in a bank are also gambling.
Infact, cryptocurrency is the worst gambling.
don't say what you don't know
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by jpride(m): 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
Virtual is worse than coronavirus. It's d worst disease u can ever think of. They made it easily accessible, wake up midnight play and make money (wreck). Deposit and withdrawal is very easy. The system is designed to appeal to d eye. It makes u feel u can make 1million in 1 day but it's a fantasy. You'll see a big team beating all big teams, only to lose to a very small team...

Virtual no be ur mate. If u don't gerrit, don't go there

3 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Speaklove: 10:20pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
thank you for your comment. I agree with you that i need to avoid it but anytime i make up my mind to do this, when money enters my account like this, i totally forget about it and return back to it. I think I'm an addict. Might need help.

Read this carefully.
This is the origin of your problem

This is you complaining

We know that the law is spiritual, but I am not. I am so human. Sin rules me as if I were its slave. I don’t understand why I act the way I do. I don’t do the good I want to do, and I do the evil I hate. And if I don’t want to do what I do, that means I agree that the law is good. But I am not really the one doing the evil. It is sin living in me that does it. Yes, I know that nothing good lives in me—I mean nothing good lives in the part of me that is not spiritual. I want to do what is good, but I don’t do it. I don’t do the good that I want to do. I do the evil that I don’t want to do. So if I do what I don’t want to do, then I am not really the one doing it. It is the sin living in me that does it. So I have learned this rule: When I want to do good, evil is there with me. In my mind I am happy with God’s law. But I see another law working in my body. That law makes war against the law that my mind accepts. That other law working in my body is the law of sin, and that law makes me its prisoner. What a miserable person I am! Who will save me from this body that brings me death? I thank God for his salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord! So in my mind I am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful self I am a slave to the law of sin.
Romans 7:14-25

This is God's solution for you.

So I tell you, live the way the Spirit leads you. Then you will not do the evil things your sinful self wants. The sinful self wants what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit wants what is against the sinful self. They are always fighting against each other, so that you don’t do what you really want to do. But if you let the Spirit lead you, you are not under law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their sinful self. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do. We get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit.
Galatians 5:16-18, 24-25
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Durabest: 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
I have a partner i folow dem wit,but i don't go near dat evil one called virtual even dem do me jazzy it wouldn't work.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Speaklove: 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
i really appreciate your advice. As we are speaking. I've sent a mail to both sportybet and bet9ja to deactivate my accounts. I hope that can be a step in the right direction

The problem is NOT ONLY in those bet houses but also within you.

You have to learn to be conscious of the voice of the holy spirit because he gives you impression within your heart ,and then surrender and move your body forwards where he direct you.

You have to totally do away with your phone.

Most of all you need deliverance because it is a demon that is now manipulating your will.

You can never stop even if you want to
You will only stop when you chose to suffer in the flesh ,and yield to the voice that speaks to you within your heart.

When I say you must suffer in the flesh I don't mean to say that you should go and hurt yourself NO !
I mean you must Lose everything that gives occasion and opportunity for that to take place.
Lose your phone by maybe selling it .
Lose your friends that inspires you to bet.
Lose going to that location (bet house).

Then give yourself to the word of God
Especially the book of Romans chapter 5,6 ,7and 8 and also Galatians chapter 5
Read from verse 1 to the end everyday .

Pray a least 3 hours everyday.(including tongues)

But first of all repent ,confess your sins to God,and rededicate your life to him .
Please don't commit suicide you will only endanger your soul for eternity.

Now for self delivarance:
Place your hand on your head and command the spirit of betting,gambling,and debt to come out if you in Jesus name .
Say it with faith without fear or doubt and it will happen .
Keep saying it till there is a reaction within your body ,and then thank God for delivering you.

But if you are not a Christan then I will advice you to give you life to Christ today by confessing these words.

Dear Jesus
today I confess you as my personal lord and savior ,I believe that you died for me and rose again ,I believe that you are the son of God,
Clean my name from the book of death ,and write my name in the book if life .
Thank you for saving me .
Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by CrownWale93(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Jeez, have once been in your shoe in the past but don't bet as you do. I don't think I've loose a million naira all the years I played bet then.

My own candid advice for you are;
1. Get a serious girlfriend potentially turn fiance and always share your minds with her

2. Try invest in valuables anytime you see money i.e crypto, forex, nfts. I can take you up on this if you will be interested.

3. When you are making money from realistic sources, you will forget about betting. Aswear

All mentioned above are just my personal advice to you.
Austinboy:

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by muheeb01(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
This is another type of addiction and very dangerous,pray and be in total control of your life...discipline and self control is very important
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by kally90(f): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
Guy suicide is never an option, you will still fight your way back and clear those dept.

What you have to do is first, get rid of your Android phone and buy Nokia touch,i mean phone that you can't use for browsing.

Second, use distractions to avoid the nagging Urgeto play

Third, have accountability partner most likely some u look up to, to always keep you in check.
Lastly, you go dey alright bro
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by VicM6: 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:

Bro, please chat me up on 0,7,0, one, eight, eight, nine, 2,7,1,7
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Ofadaman(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Rule number one ,:never try to win back the money you've lost

Rule number two- whenever you repay a loan ,delete the app and never go back

Rule number three - delete every gambling related app on your phone even the score checking app, or avoid all places that they gamble.

Rule number 4: Delete all friends contact that only engage you on gambling, exist/unfollow every group in social media relating to gambling

Rule 5: Put money to use as soon as you get it, use the saving app e.g. piggy vest that can force you to lock down funds for period and u can't access it. Once u get money lock it down immediately.

Rule 6:
Engage in other time consuming activities e.g.learning a skill ,going to the gym etc.

Rule 7: Quiting is always very difficult to exist but if you can avoid gambling for 90days, you'd form a good habit ,so set a daily reminder and tracker everyday u don't bet, give yourself a pass and treath.
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by PrayerLamp(f): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Reach out to Apostle GodsElect immediately!
+2348181093999
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by bandex: 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
Bro, my situation is worst than yours, I started betting in Ghana year 2012 I was introduced into this act by my sisters senior boy boy..(apprentice) then I was a university student barely 22 ..this dude use to give me 5cedi ten cedi to try the live games ..this is how it started gradually I started going to bet house myself without the guy..now I graduated from little 5cedi to 50cedi believing is the sire way of winning... My brother to cut story short I became so addicted to the level that I graduated from.live game to another game called spin and win..(virtual) worst than naija virtual...this is were my life turn from good decent boy to dangerous guy..I started staging criminal act just to milk my people cos my brothers are rich...man I quit finish my degree but I committed a big crime in Ghana by impregnating my police galfrind after forcing her to take salary loan of over 3million for me...I couldn't pay the loan and yet she got pregnant in the process ..man this was 2017 the gal arrrestd me and lock me up for three days until my people paid the money and they bailed me...my people decided to ban me from Ghana cos I became a real cancer to them..(my two elder brother and eldest sister all are in Ghana for over 20 years) so they ship me back to naija ...I came down to naija with depts of over 30million on my head...my family rejected me ..only my mother use to ask if am living or dead ..I started rooming the street of south south until I join one guy into yahoo yahoo...i was doing the yahoo without thinking of gambling ..my guy for 4months I didn't bet on anything until one Russia woman paid me 6million after % ..man this is were my life got even worst..I left Ogun state to anambra and started betting crazy to catch up those money I lost ( mind u I wasn't into naija virtual) just live games ..this is how l lost all the money I came back to zero...I lost my mother in the process I couldn't go for her burial even when I was in the east all because a lot of people I owe will come to attack me...brother I started sleeping on.the street cos no one would tale me in....finally I left anambra to Enugu just to avoid those I owe from seeing me ..I was just on the street of ogbette rooamjng like a mad man.

One day I stroll down to a hotel to seat and watch soccer , there I met one gal who was serving people and I asked her if she was working there she said she was the manager of the hotel..my brother I drop down and pleaded her to allow me take my shower and change my cloth cos I have not bath for four days...this lady took my to one emplty room and gave me soap and towel...before I could finish bathing she brought me a full plate of indomie and ask if I have neat cloth to wear I said they are all dirty..she went to those bend down select guys and bought two.jeans and a shirt ..my guy this is how I met a savior..she asked me questions about where I came from ..man I drop down and table everything to her ..myisery and my pain...she told me she will help me but she will lock me up in one room for months and give me laptop and make surr I eat well..she told me since I have the skills of yahoo is better I keep trying it and forget gambling..this gal gave me one room second floor and brought a HP laptop for me worth 70k she would bring me food three times a day and after one week i started looking fresh again..and both of us fall in a romantic relationship ..to cut this shit short I pick 1800dollar and I told her ..she told me she would like me to get a small bus and be ridding around Enugu day time and at night I will be doing the work... Guy this was 2019...my life kept moving fine with no gambling I gave her the 1800dollar and she completed and we bought seina of 2012 model she told me she took loan of 2million to make it happen so I must not play..guy I started hustling day time with this car after she helpt me register with the union...to end this story I went back home to.my village for the first time in 6years then no mother..my brothers heard about my return and they realise I metamorphosed back to my normal life ...after hearing how the gal helped me they told me they will hold a meeting around december 2020 to rift me again...man all these while no gaming again oooo, I stopped totally ..they came back December and after mettimgs and discussion they devcided that I.must marry the gal which I agreed we went to nkanu west and paid her bribe price and we fix the traditional around easter 2020 before the covid struck we did indoor marriage and she became my wife...my brothers donated 5million to support my life again..this is how I established whole sale provision shop for my wife and kept driving the sienna cos I realise that when you stick yourself into hard work gambling will never cross your mind...I drop both yahoo and gambling and now my.life Came back to the fullest..I chose to base in Enugu because that is where I found my.life back....now my wife is doing so well with our business and I can.now say we are able to buy a land of 1.3millin last year October and soon we will build on it to stop paying rent....brother pls stop virtual game ..atop it it will lead u to grave...this story is my life and nothing was added to it, I thankgod for redeeming me and bring a woman of then 24 to change my life for good.....God bless the real women of the south east and Nigerian as a whole.. And God rest the soul of my mama I never got to see due to my mess..

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess. [/quote]

9 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Eazylegend: 11:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
Brother

Pls try all your possible best to stop it

This once made me to think of suicide
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Samuelojonla123(m): 11:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by ebuka10box(m): 12:54am On Jan 27, 2022
Austinboy:

ur number
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by DEROX: 1:53am On Jan 27, 2022
HardMirror:
that one is still better. I know a lawyer in Imo state that used to be very very rich, I mean he easily worth over a billion naira. Now he borrows money as little as hundred thousand naira because of gambling. All lost under 5-6 years
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry billion omo this one is too much
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by tallerSSS: 4:29am On Jan 27, 2022
I am suffering the same thing here but I thank God for taking away the addictive part of it from me. When you hear that saying "one step forward two steps backwards " that's what gambling can do to your progress in life. I also had the thought of committing suicide due to how I had damaged myself. When I see the achievement of my neighbour, friends or colleagues from their little earnings, I feel so bitter especially when I know very well that I make more money than them on a monthly basis. As a matter of fact nobody can advise you, na you go find a good reason to stop. May God show you the reason.
If you want to recover all your money back stop gambling. Na when you stop you start to de win..
Very hardworking talented or skilled person are likely suffering from one addiction or another, dont allow the devil to manipulate you, you were actually born to be rich and famous and be a blessing to others but the devil knows how to constrain your efforts by taking all thru betting. God help you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / AFCON: Nigerians Drag Yul Edochie After Prophecy About The Super Eagles Fails / Ighalo Set For Super Eagles’ Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.