Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,103 members, 7,828,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843918 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chicadedieu: 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
Thanks. Will do so.

hunee:

Unusual tho not surprising.
Please follow these instructions, To contact ukvi Paid call : number to call is +443007906268, then press the numbers immediately 1,2,5,1 debit card no* expiry date* the 3nos at the back of the card* then 2, u will be connected to an agent, have ur GWF NO handy Cards that can be used is Visa / Master card
Or paid mail via the link below https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:28am On Dec 15, 2022
Oraolu:
Gdeven please[b] if my student visa expired while studying [/b][b][/b]and an application is done but was refused , I had to return immediately after about one month what are my chances for study visa after about 9years

What do you mean?

How did your study visa expire whilst you were still studying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:20am On Dec 15, 2022
Oraolu:
Gdeven please if my student visa expired while studying and an application is done but was refused , I had to return immediately after about one month what are my chances for study visa after about 9years
Take your chance. Just saw a case of 10 years ban + deportation from UK + UK failed asylum seeker + visa refusals from US, Italy, Canada, Poland, UK, Germany —-> granted student visa.
I dnt know the minute specifics of his situation but he got his visa. Make sure to detail ALL your history. U can also check what they have on you immigration wise by doing a SAR.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Viktor454: 7:21am On Dec 15, 2022
hunee:

Unusual tho not surprising.

Please follow these instructions,

To contact ukvi
Paid call : number to call is +443007906268, then press the numbers immediately 1,2,5,1 debit card no* expiry date* the 3nos at the back of the card* then 2, u will be connected to an agent, have ur GWF NO handy

Cards that can be used is Visa / Master card

Or paid mail via the link below

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Viktor454: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2022
Good morning. A little help here.
1. Does the UK Home Office check bank statements (foreign currency) for a UK student visa on the latest currency rate or the rate that was on the day of application submission?

2. What if one applies today and submit documents tomorrow what rate do they use?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2022
shangos:
Thanks for ur response. Been working for close to 10yrs saving rigorously plus small side hustle occasionally

No kids yet. Traveling for normal holiday though I have a usa visa
Lastly so I can go ahead and apply for only my wife without any bank statement from her?

Good to see that your over 7000 USD was accrued legitimately according to you. Regardless of whatever explanation you have about how it’s gotten, sufficient proof still needs to be tendered alongside your application. If you make withdrawals from your naira salary account and deposit the said withdrawal into your dom account after converting to USD, you have to show and explain with your bank statement as well as cover letter. It’s not really that difficult.

Concerning you making an application for your wife, it would be advisable to add her bank statement, irrespective of how much she has or doesn’t have in there. Provided that you the sponsor has sufficient funds to cover for the both of you on your trip.

Since business hasn’t kicked off properly for your wife, If you had kids, she could’ve indicated being a housewife only. I think someone on this thread got a visa like that, although I can’t say with 100% guarantee as I have searched for that post and couldn’t find it.

Lastly, the fact that you guys are a couple is an added advantage. Just ensure that adequate proof to that regard is being provided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:33am On Dec 15, 2022
Viktor454:
1. Does the UK Home Office check bank statements (foreign currency) for a UK student visa on the latest currency rate or the rate that was on the day of application submission?

2. What if one applies today and submit documents tomorrow what rate do they use?

1. They will check according to the rate on date of application. But regardless of whichever date they use is actually no one’s business, provided your bank statement was in order on the date of submission.

2. The date you submitted your application online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2022
Viktor454:

Thats why pple advice u add extra for currency fluctuation.....but u shouldnt worry much if ur money is in dollars or Euro... large fluctuations in exchange rate is not common compared to naira...

If ur money happens to be GBP...then u have nothing to worry about...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oraolu(f): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2022
Hello.thanks on your reply please can I private chat u will appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sirrotex: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2022
Please what is a SAR and how is it done?
giselle237:

Take your chance. Just saw a case of 10 years ban + deportation from UK + UK failed asylum seeker + visa refusals from US, Italy, Canada, Poland, UK, Germany —-> granted student visa.
I dnt know the minute specifics of his situation but he got his visa. Make sure to detail ALL your history. U can also check what they have on you immigration wise by doing a SAR.
Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oraolu(f): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2022
giselle237:

Goodluck
Please I need chat with u , I need u explain some process to me I will really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2022
sirrotex:
Please what is a SAR and how is it done?
Subject Access Request . Check google for all the information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:48am On Dec 15, 2022
hunee:

Always.
As regards Passport return, you may have to keep checking your mails or sms.
You are not advised to visit TLS unless told to do so.
However, if you do not get a feedback in coming days,
you can reach us here so we can give further guidance.

U ar very ryt Hunee....
Bt I think is better goin to TLS for d passport collection Since is refusal matter...

because wen my application was refused i didn't get a mail or fone call for collection...

My passport was wit TLS for 6 months I didn't notice dat until i was asked to submit back my passport after my successful administrative review...
I went to TLS October n i was tod my passport has been wit dem since june so i collected it n resubmitt it again to get my visa stamp...

My advise for her is to go to TLS n ask for her passport instead of waiting for dia mails n call...
I dey tok frm my own experience ooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2022
Mrmoney90:

grin Any group without woman no Dey sweet me oo…When Una form the group Abeg make Una drop link make i join… cool

Ehen.Ehen..ehen!!!!!!
Mrmoney n Hunee don start oo... Hunee u go agree say na woman u b ooo wen I dey boring n look for person to ginger me n keep on..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2022
Jocabasa:

Ehen.Ehen..ehen!!!!!!
Mrmoney n Hunee don start oo... Hunee u go agree say na woman u b ooo wen I dey boring n look for person to ginger me n keep on..

I go report you to your wife say you been Dey harbour adulterous thoughts before your trip grin grin Me I Dey single, Hunee Dey single, so it is allowed… Go meet madam, she knows what to do for you grin grin

@hunee I wan take you out this Christmas.. cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sirrotex: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2022
Many thanks sir
giselle237:
Subject Access Request . Check google for all the information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Mrmoney90:

I go report you to your wife say you been Dey harbour adulterous thoughts before your trip grin grin Me I Dey single, Hunee Dey single, so it is allowed… Go meet madam, she knows what to do for you grin grin

@hunee I wan take you out this Christmas.. cool

Hahhahaaa.... U fuckin funny mannn...
Na joke I dey oo no tell madam ooo
Abeg give Hunee somtin for me wen coming back ooo

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
Gud afternoon members n gurus in dis mana....
Am really impressed with all d advise n comments am seeing on dis platform,
I mean u guys ar doin a great job here helping pipu n giving advise n hope to d hopeless...
AdvanceDNA, Hunee, Giselle, Mrmoney, Ashirioluwa n to all u here God bless u all...
A friend shared her experience n wat she saw n hear wen she visited TLS Ikeja for her own visa error correction...
How someone was issued a visa wit another's person picture on d visa, another man dat was giving expired visa like her own case...
Nawa ooo Ukvi officials head dem don scatter oo...
Pls to all u on dis platform dat his/her application is nt approve yet or want to start making process make una dey pray ooo because dis pipu has so much on dem dats wy dey ar making mistakes n delaying application for approval...
I pray God help us all...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2022
Jocabasa:

U ar very ryt Hunee....
Bt I think is better goin to TLS for d passport collection Since is refusal matter...

because wen my application was refused i didn't get a mail or fone call for collection...

My passport was wit TLS for 6 months I didn't notice dat until i was asked to submit back my passport after my successful administrative review...
I went to TLS October n i was tod my passport has been wit dem since june so i collected it n resubmitt it again to get my visa stamp...

My advise for her is to go to TLS n ask for her passport instead of waiting for dia mails n call...
I dey tok frm my own experience ooo.

Very valid point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
giselle237:

Goodluck

Please what is a SAR. I'm interested
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Jocabasa:

Hahhahaaa.... U fuckin funny mannn...
Na joke I dey oo no tell madam ooo
Abeg give Hunee somtin for me wen coming back ooo

No wahala… I will send some chilled bottles of beer to your location grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Oraolu:
Gdeven please if my student visa expired while studying and an application is done but was refused , I had to return immediately after about one month what are my chances for study visa after about 9years

Don't let the events of the past discourage you. I believe you will be fine if you have the funding and the required documents.

Despite the assertion that every case is handled individually, keep in mind that they can still see your previous applications. You must therefore talk about your prior applications and past U.K. travel history.

Don't forget to provide a strong introduction or cover letter to support your application as well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shangos: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thanks
hunee:

She needs a bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shangos: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thanks
Mrmoney90:

Good to see that your over 7000 USD was accrued legitimately according to you. Regardless of whatever explanation you have about how it’s gotten, sufficient proof still needs to be tendered alongside your application. If you make withdrawals from your naira salary account and deposit the said withdrawal into your dom account after converting to USD, you have to show and explain with your bank statement as well as cover letter. It’s not really that difficult.

Concerning you making an application for your wife, it would be advisable to add her bank statement, irrespective of how much she has or doesn’t have in there. Provided that you the sponsor has sufficient funds to cover for the both of you on your trip.

Since business hasn’t kicked off properly for your wife, If you had kids, she could’ve indicated being a housewife only. I think someone on this thread got a visa like that, although I can’t say with 100% guarantee as I have searched for that post and couldn’t find it.

Lastly, the fact that you guys are a couple is an added advantage. Just ensure that adequate proof to that regard is being provided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
shangos:
Good afternoon all, please I want to make an enquiry for a UK visitors visa. I earn abt two hundred thousand naira plus monthly, have savings of two million naira and dorm savings of abt 7 thousand dollars plus. My wife just started her own business so her account balance is not sufficient. I have a sibling whose a British citizen, lives and works in the uk. My questions are
1. Can I use only my bank statement to apply for me and my wife?
2. Instead of applying for both of us can my wife use my bank statement as her sponsor?
Please which is advisable. Thanks

It’s better to package both applications together using your bank statements and other supporting documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Skolex5: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
Tried booking biometrics ,
Made payment for assisted , got confirmation.
But didn’t get booked for a date .
No confirmation mail

Pls wha can I do ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shangos: 12:24am On Dec 16, 2022
Thanks
Ashirioluwa:

It’s better to package both applications together using your bank statements and other supporting documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oraolu(f): 3:38am On Dec 16, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Don't let the events of the past discourage you. I believe you will be fine if you have the funding and the required documents.

Despite the assertion that every case is handled individually, keep in mind that they can still see your previous applications. You must therefore talk about your prior applications and past U.K. travel history.

Don't forget to provide a strong introduction or cover letter to support your application as well.
Thanks can I ask you for further questions , I need chat with u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 4:45am On Dec 16, 2022
UK embassy will not open these days in December 2022 and January 2023

- Friday December 23rd
- Monday December 26th
- Tuesday December 27th

- Monday January 2nd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2022
Oraolu:

Thanks can I ask you for further questions , I need chat with u

You can, here or email me

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Davisk11(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.