Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (827474 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pegregory: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2022
Okay, Thank you so muchquote author=giselle237 post=119212286]sorrrrrrrrrrrrrry.
happpy to discuss this indepthtly later on… but from the top of my head looks like it was a badly done app..
First red flags.. 29 days tourism visit to fiance, should have been shorter… no income of your own, depending on someone and then going on to state a high amount of 2500 pounds.. if sponsor abandons you, you will seek recourse to public funds, no ties to home country provided.. also you did not provide a bank statement or you provided one with nothing at all.. no financials shown… ECO can not judge your OWN financial circumstances before now etc[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bbduty: 7:40am On Dec 17, 2022
Sirmuel4real:

25th of November

Wow! Thats over 3 weeks. i think you should send a paid mail. I have somebody in the same shoes, he got BRP mail on the 9th of December and no collection mail yet. He is sendind a paid mail too. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Moriyadisa: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2022
First class witchcraft doing.mine is worst �
Bio 25th of October
Priority service
No email
No decision
Several paid calls and messages but still no decision on my application.
After 12 working days I sent a mail to the home office and I just got a response from them 2 days ago apologizing and requested for additional information.
Me I don forfeit that application and move on, they should return my passport whenever they are ready so I can get my IHS refund. uncou
Tundebaj:
Has anyone ever witness this

UKvi is giving me BP
Bio 23rd
Priority
No email
No nsf
No decision made …
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MamaGiovanni: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2022
Hi @MizMary, I'm in a similar boat...was her company active on CAC and did she get her visa

Also did you sponsor her fully?

Hope to hear from you soon

MizMary:
Hello gurus.
Pls I am getting worried ooo.
I applied for a visa renewal for my mum (a 2 yr visa) since the 28th of September but not received an outcome yet.
TLS centre was in VI and she has been to the UK twice on 6 month visit visas.
The problem is the I just checked the CAC public search tool t check if her business is still active, as I have been bothered by other people’s refusals, but I have not been able to find the business name.
Getting worried as this may be a refusal even though I am the one fully sponsoring the visit.
What do you guys think?
T for tenks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sirmuel4real(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
bbduty:

Wow! Thats over 3 weeks. i think you should send a paid mail. I have somebody in the same shoes, he got BRP mail on the 9th of December and no collection mail yet. He is sendind a paid mail too. All the best.

I already sent a paid mail to ukvi and they replied that the decision has been made on my wife’s application but that they can’t disclose the outcome of the decision via email or telephone. I don’t know if I should stop the POF since I already got my own visa and my wife got her brp mail since 25th November!! What’s your suggestion?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2022
hunee:

I am of the opinion that perfect applications do not guarantee visa stamps or approvals.
I am also of the opinion that alot of these embassies have a quota for tourist visas - they work with it.

Truth be told, alot of them understand the desperacy amongst Africans to travel out(in search of greener pastures) so people do really find various vices.
They understand the application process, they are psychologist.
Someone once asked here, if it was possible to 'japa' with a tourist visa - Imagine.
It is not the same psyche.
Eco-s are overwhelemed too.
You need to be in the system to know how these things work.
Alot of things coming to play.

Let me play you a scene, i read alot here, and i see feedbacks. Few weeks ago, a particular lady who has been to the Uk 4 times or more, got a refusal. someone who goes and come back - not a case of japa.
Tell me - Do you want to say the applicant is a novice or the application was not perfect?

Just be thankful if you get your approval, it is not by the perfection, the applicant was just favored.

As for student visa, You and I know alot about how that one is done grin
Let us not go into details in public here.

Nothing but the truth… you studied them very well… Well done

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2022
taif:

You are right and in other way not totally right, when applying for visa one should be able to proof beyond doubt that you are honest in your application, like the lady who was deny visa, how can you say you want to go and spend a whole 29 days with someone ,even if the person just gave birth you shouldn't put such ridiculous days in it like dt. It is obvious they are not sincere. The person should have put 5 days and it is certain they will stamp 6months and she can then use that 29days she wrote. It would have make much sense like dt. The school visa they grant , the person have proof that he/she is actually going to study and that is why they grant it.

Just like it is said that it is a thing of luck, most of these ECOs are quite unfortunate.. Reason being that, if a particular ECO has issued visas to many applicants, such an ECO would surely look for a reason to deny some so as not to be queries by senior officers, hence why some refusals are actually funny..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oladele239(m): 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2022
Please is yellow fever card a requirement for travel to UK from Nigeria? If yes how can one get in either Lagos or abk plus the fee

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2022
Please how do I go about getting police report for uk since I have lived in the uk for more than 12 months in the last 10 years, I am presently in nigeria....thank you .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by esdajo: 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
Good day all,

Please I would like to know if the Barter by Flutterwave virtual cards have started working again for online payments? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2022
Mallamkettle:
Please how do I go about getting police report for uk since I have lived in the uk for more than 12 months in the last 10 years, I am presently in nigeria....thank you .

Visit or write the BHC for your request, they should be able to attend to that query.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2022
oladele239:
Please is your fever card a requirement for travel to UK from Nigeria? [b][/b]If yes how can one get in either Lagos or abk plus the fee

Thanks

You are not required to have such..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2022
leef2022:

Visit or write the BHC for your request, they should be able to attend to that query.

Please can you kindly give me a web link I tried to Google but I'm not getting it ... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
Mallamkettle:

Please can you kindly give me a web link I tried to Google but I'm not getting it ... Thanks

Check Gov.uk

https://www.acro.police.uk/Subject-Access-Online.aspx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chloedogie(m): 7:42am On Dec 18, 2022
bellakay:

I got mine too...
We did our biometrics on the same day! Congratulations...
My heart skipped when I saw the mail. I had to go and track my application.lol

How did you track your application please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2022
chloedogie:

How did you track your application please?

Go to the Uk.gov website and log in like you are filling your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2022
Hello everyone. I’m planning on celebrating my up coming birthday in Uk, my birthday is April. Please can someone put me through the documents that are needed ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:49am On Dec 18, 2022
oladele239:
Please is yellow fever card a requirement for travel to UK from Nigeria? If yes how can one get in either Lagos or abk plus the fee

Thanks

Nope
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kodia007(m): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2022
Good day the wisee
We want to know if difference in age since 15 years when received first UK visa can affect . Because there deference in age in the new passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:05am On Dec 18, 2022
Mallamkettle:

Do you mean the police report from the UK?

If you need a UK police report to apply for a visa, click the link below to do so.

https://www.acro.police.uk/police-certificates
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:46am On Dec 18, 2022
Apriltreasure:
Goo Morning y’all. I’m planning on celebrating my up coming birthday in Uk, my birthday is April. Please can someone put me through the documents that are needed ��

- Employment letter

- Bank statement

- Introduction / cover letter

- Accommodation (Where you intend to stay during your visit)

- Family status ( Include your marriage license in case you are married. Also, your kids’ birth certificates and family photos)

- Detailed travel itinerary

- Travel history (include past travel history if you have any)

- Other documents that you think will help your application

To understand or learn more about the kinds of documents some of the successful candidates submitted with their applications, you can browse through the earlier discussions on this thread.

*Note: The information above is for guidance only. I am not an immigration expert

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WilsonBright935: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2022
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday

Please I'll like to know the steps to be taken for someone to get refund of IHS fee.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Akhat: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
Please house this is urgently!
Is there a deadline to pickup of passport at tls after collection mail. I got my brp and collection mail last week, but I am presently not in Lagos to collect it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
adecoal:
Getting all the documents already. just waiting to get the passport back so we can reapply.

Is the breakdown below okay as travel costs for my mum:

Return Flight Ticket £840
Taxi from London to Birmingham £160
Shopping expenses £300
tourism with Birmingham £200
Taxi from Birmingham to London £160
Miscellaneous £40
Total £1700

She's staying with me so no accomodation and feeding.

Totals N950k using Oanda rate.

The fare from London to Birmingham is too much. Travel with National express coach to Birmingham so you can reduce your cost.

From Heathrow airport to Birmingham during peak hours, it can cost you up to £40. You can get it during off-peak hours for less than £30.

You can get your tickets online or at the airport. Make sure you only get direct non stop ticket
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
WilsonBright935:
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday

Please I'll like to know the steps to be taken for someone to get refund of IHS fee.
Thank you

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds

https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-health-surcharge-refund
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Do you mean the police report from the UK?

If you need a UK police report to apply for a visa, click the link below to do so.

https://www.acro.police.uk/police-certificates

Thanks. I already check them out but they said it can't be used for uk visaw.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WilsonBright935: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ibaku(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2022
oladele239:

Thanks
It will be given to you when you are checking in your bags and luggages, fill the informations required and hand it back to immigration before boarding.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Okay thank you.

- Employment letter

- Bank statement

- Introduction / cover letter

- Accommodation (Where you intend to stay during you visit)

- Family status ( Include your marriage license in case you are married. Also, your kids’ birth certificates and family photos)

- Detailed travel itinerary

- Travel history (include past travel history if you have any)

- Other documents that you think will help your application

To understand or learn more about the kinds of documents some of the successful candidates submitted with their applications, you can browse through the earlier discussions on this thread.

*Note: The information above is for guidance only. I am not an immigration expert

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dbrave1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
Good days everyone please is there any link for skilled worker Visa majorly automobile engineer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adabakee: 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
Goodevening my people I have been following and reading alot . please I have a question and would appreciate some replies.i am planning to relocate with my family to Uk next year by God's grace,I am already gathering all my documents for post graduate application ,all is ready am only waiting for my transcript then I would start applications.
Now because of money involved me and my husband are planing to go first and then apply for the kids later after we must have settled there,but someone adviced us to do the whole application together get the kids visa and leave them behind so wen we are ready to take them we only look for flight money for them,but we are skaptical because we feel adding them to the process will cost us much more than. We budgeted, please I will like to know the cost difference like what and what we will need to pay extra if we decide to add the kids along while processing our own visa.
Secondly my husband is based in one of this African countries,he doesn't have papers meaning ones he leaves that country to come home he cant get back in there again,and he is working there and taking care of us and Savin up for our jakpa plans,he is worried that what if he leaves thatplace and come back during our visa process and we ended up not getting Visa approval ..God forbid I know we will get, we are aonly thinking both ways.so he said he will be stuck in Nigeria since he can't go back cos of no papers.In this case my people please what do u advise us .
Thank you in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (613) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.