Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (833230 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 4:40pm On Mar 18
How much does she earn monthly and what's her disposable income? 6 Million for a four day trip won't fly unless she earns about 4-5m monthly.

You should reduce the budget drastically to the £2-2500 region. When she gets the visa, she could spend 15m and it wouldn't be a problem. Yeah, she'll need a cover letter to explain her situation and ties here in Nigeria. You could write a letter stating you're partially sponsoring the trip with X amount of money. It would help if she could show that you've been sending her money prior till now.
Izanghi:
Hi, everyone. I am a student in USA, but my wife is going on a 4 day tourism visit, she's planning to see some tourist places with no prior travel history, she has a US denial. She works in one of the top banks in Nigeria, and her bank has given her an introductory letter. She is presenting around £4,400 and planned to spend #6 million for the 4 days visit.

So my questions are these:
1) Does she needs a sponsorship letter from me, as she is already stating she's funding herself but gets additional income from me which she will be presenting through her domiciliary bank statement that shows that I normally send money to her.

2) will £4000k+ be enough proof of fund for a 4 days UK visit to London or she should pick some other cheaper UK cities to visit?

3) Is cover letter and hotel booking reservation necessary?

Thanks. I am looking forward to all replies I can get to help her application. God bless you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NezzyMike: 4:40pm On Mar 18
Childofgrace18:

Please how much is the yellow card at the airport? My niece is traveling to Manchester on second week of April and she booked Egypt airline. Or should we get the yellow fever card at Asaba airport? Please I await your response. Thanks.

If she can get the yellow card in Asaba, then no problems. Her check-in won't take time. It's yellow in color o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Izanghi(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18
Opeyemi007:
How much does she earn monthly and what's her disposable income? 6 Million for a four day trip won't fly unless she earns about 4-5m monthly.

You should reduce the budget drastically to the £2-2500 region. When she gets the visa, she could spend 15m and it wouldn't be a problem. Yeah, she'll need a cover letter to explain her situation and ties here in Nigeria. You could write a letter stating you're partially sponsoring the trip with X amount of money. It would help if she could show that you've been sending her money prior till now.

She earns around #333k as a banker and additional income of around 20 million. Will 6 months bank statement be enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 5:01pm On Mar 18
That 4k budget is too much sha. Can you evidence the additional income? Does it show on the bank statement?
Izanghi:

She earns around #333k as a banker and additional income of around 20 million. Will 6 months bank statement be enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jolene474(f): 8:02pm On Mar 18
Please I live in Kogi state, and I use Standard Chartered bank, there’s no branch here, they only have in Lagos and Abuja, I don’t know if I can still use them for my bank statement or I use a local bank like First Bank?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:49pm On Mar 18
Izanghi:
Hi, everyone. I am a student in USA, but my wife is going on a 4 day tourism visit, she's planning to see some tourist places with no prior travel history, she has a US denial. She works in one of the top banks in Nigeria, and her bank has given her an introductory letter. She is presenting around £4,400 and planned to spend #6 million for the 4 days visit.
1) Does she needs a sponsorship letter from me, as she is already stating she's funding herself but gets additional income from me which she will be presenting through her domiciliary bank statement that shows that I normally send money to her.

2) will £4000k+ be enough proof of fund for a 4 days UK visit to London or she should pick some other cheaper UK cities to visit?
l
6 million budget for 4 days trip is a lot.. the duration of the trip is also not in tandem with how much money they intend to blow especially when they have not travelled anywhere else before.
UK does not care if you have 1 billion to spend, they just want to see some sort of semblance and explainable budget within the confines of your earning power. Not above your earning power.
If your earning power can not afford the trip, then they don’t want you to come.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifyobidiaso: 10:06am On Mar 19
Good morning

I put an application for my mum on the 5th of March and she was told to pickup her passport today.

She took the passport and there was no visa and she dint get any refusal mail.

Please how do we go about it to see why she was refused and make another application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 12:20pm On Mar 19
Good morning everyone.

So I have about 6000 pounds in both savings and investment. I have a sister in the Uk so I’d be staying with her during my trip. Accommodation and feeding have been sorted.
How much do you think I should put for the “amount I want to spend in UK” along with my 4 months old baby.

Ps: It’s just for two weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splendorian(m): 2:14pm On Mar 19
Please I’m trying to upload documents for my wife who is my dependent but it’s not going. I’m using self service Ikeja TLS and I have already submitted her application waiting for Biometrics next week. I need help please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splendorian(m): 2:16pm On Mar 19
Unable to upload any documents yet

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Saeed348(m): 2:25pm On Mar 19
I’m in a similar situation
Please how do I get the way bill number?
I have not recieved email from DHL
Childofgrace18:

Check your mail again from UKVISABRP to confirm either refusal or denial. However, did you apply for DHL delivery service? If so, you can track your passport with your waybill number via DHL app.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 2:48pm On Mar 19
Saeed348:
I’m in a similar situation
Please how do I get the way bill number?
I have not recieved email from DHL

The waybill number is in the form they gave you during biometric at TLS office. The one steppled with the photocopy of your international passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 2:50pm On Mar 19
splendorian:

It might be network problem. Keep trying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 2:52pm On Mar 19
ifyobidiaso:
Good morning

I put an application for my mum on the 5th of March and she was told to pickup her passport today.

Please how do we go about it to see why she was refused and make another application.

Let your mum check her spam mail. The email must have dropped by now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by samhay: 6:53pm On Mar 19
EmirOfBodija:
Hi all,

Please I need kind advice on the visit visa application my mum. I have filled everything about trip and I have also noted I will sponsor her trip with 2500 GPB.

In the section about her trip, I put 20k NGN as the money she will spend as she’s unemployed. I want to ask if it’s important to submit her statement of account or just leave it out cos she took about 135k out last month and might raise concerns. Note: her previous application was rejected due to the statement issue not having any credit during the period we used.

Thanks.

Sent you pm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by samhay: 7:16pm On Mar 19
degelinglacis:
Guys please I need help applying visit visa for my mom. I’m covering the cost but I don’t know the answer to this question
please check dm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Saeed348(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20
Standard visitors visa approved
2months 24 days Bank statement
Travel history - Ghana/ Benin/ Togo
Biometrics- 8th March
Collection of travel document email-15th
Passport delivered today
6months visa granted
Thank you guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 5:49pm On Mar 20
Saeed348:
Biometrics 8th March
Collection of travel document 15th
Passport delivered today
6months visa granted
Thank you guys

Did u submit cover letter with it?

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifyobidiaso: 5:51pm On Mar 20
Childofgrace18:

Let your mum check her spam mail. The email must have dropped by now.

No it hasnt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 5:53pm On Mar 20
A friend did biometrics since March 5 and nothing since then. Is there anything to be worried about ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Saeed348(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20
lionlee216:

Did u submit cover letter with it?

Congratulations

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JohnZak: 7:12pm On Mar 20
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JohnZak: 8:26pm On Mar 20
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:57am On Mar 21
ifyobidiaso:
Good morning

Ask her to check the passport well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:59am On Mar 21
splendorian:

Change the browser from chrome to UC browser
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:01am On Mar 21
Jolene474:
Please I live in Kogi state, and I use Standard Chartered bank, there’s no branch here, they only have in Lagos and Abuja, I don’t know if I can still use them for my bank statement or I use a local bank like First Bank?

Can't their online app draft you statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 1:15pm On Mar 21
Saeed348:
Biometrics- 8th March
Collection of travel document email-15th
Passport delivered today
6months visa granted
Thank you guys

Congratulations bro.... If I may ask?? How much was your closing balance and how much do you earn monthly and how much are you spending on this trip.... Thanks ✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by billyfranc: 3:34pm On Mar 21
Received a mail today from TLS that my passport is ready for collection. I didn't receive any other mail in inbox/spam. Does this mean Approval? Did my Biometrics on 6th March @Enugu.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 3:41pm On Mar 21
Most likely it was approved
Approvals don't get approval emails for visitors visa, only refusals receive refusal emails.

It's 90% assurance it was approved, there are cases of no refusal email and the visa sticker isn't found in the passport upon receiving.

billyfranc:
Received a mail today from TLS that my passport is ready for collection. I didn't receive any other mail in inbox/spam. Does this mean Approval? Did my Biometrics on 6th March @Enugu.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:33pm On Mar 21
billyfranc:

grin

Ya high BP never kill you?

Did you cancel the flight or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by billyfranc: 9:13pm On Mar 21
Lol! I'm kinda immune to it.
I'm yet to book and I'm tempted to book now, hence the question.
What do you think of KLM or Airfrance with one connecting flight/layover? Must I have Schengen or transit visa to use them?

Thegamingorca:

grin

Ya high BP never kill you?

Did you cancel the flight or not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (617) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.