Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

What Kind Of Sister Is This? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Kind Of Sister Is This? (30281 Views)

My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / Zimbabwean Man Takes Used Condoms To Court As Prove Of Sister Inlaw’s Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Iretii0511(m): 11:27am On Feb 06, 2022
Carot:
you are not okay at all

What made you think you are the one that’s okay?
Are you the one setting life standard to determine how others should live their lives?

Dude keep your insults to yourself please.
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Asour: 11:29am On Feb 06, 2022
PALAPALA02:
What matters is if they both truely love and understanding each other very well.

After Kanu Nwakwo married his wife when she was 18yrs and he was well over 30s when e married her. So its no big deal

That's not true.

Kanu Nwankwo is 45 yrs old (Born 1976).
He married in 2004 (18 yrs ago).

He certainly wasn't 'way over 30' 18 years ago if he's 45 yrs now.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Bishopino: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2022
Oga be cammin down: a guy in his early forties is a young guy. Age is just a number.
Let me ask you: what have you done to that your sister? Are you training her in school? Can you set her up with a cool business?
Please allow her if she is happy: be more concern to know if the man is a good man. Its better she married early than to be deceived by these small boys who will got her pregnant and ran away.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Oyiboman69: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2022
newbornmacho:

What can I say , I'm already an enemy for looking out for my kid sister.

It is well
you put yourself in that position... do you think you have the monopoly of wisdom which you are arrogating to yourself? or you could predict the future in it's exactitude?. I advice you called them both as the elder you claimed to be, and offer your prayers and if for any reasons,things are going south after marriage, what you have to do is also an encouragement for the couple not for you telling her that I warned you before.
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by budusky05(m): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2022
Better support her or hang urself, cus ur sister will still f..ck him behind u.
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Asour: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2022
okoroemeka:
even to me it is your sister that is manipulating the guy,stop poking the hornet nest,your sisters mind is already made up and obviously the guy is wealthy which is the major reason she is adamant on marrying him,I am afraid you have already made yourself an enemy with your soon to be in-law for refusing to endorse the marriage,leave your sister alone and face your own life,your refusal meant nothing in this case,it is your sisters and mothers consent that is necessary not you,don't be a joy killer.

Do you think he's foolish?

In Nigeria, families (siblings, Parents & sometimes uncles) suffer the consequences too of one's wrong behaviors. that's why they are concerned.

Don't tell me you don't know (around you) of any lady that was warned not to be involved with a particular man BUT she went ahead, had a baby for the man who has failed to take (welfare responsibilities) of the child. Consequently, these responsibilities have fallen to parents/siblings.

Tell me you don't know of any such situation around you.

Unlike in the western countries, Families often bear the consequences of our actions (not always but often) so shouldn't they at least be involved in such decisions?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by brainhgeek(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2022
newbornmacho:
Please how can a 44 year old be coming to marry a 17 year old girl?

And my sister is excited, and my mom is saying if shes happy she has no problem?

What is money?

And I'm looking like I'm a mad man for telling my sister I'm not in support.

I wish I could nail this guy on something...like if he's ever been married ( which he denies) or some sort of scandal....
How will my only sister get married to someone 27 years her senior?

For God sake angry

Please help me, what should I do

If I talk now they will say I hate women

We've had a very angry family meeting this night and this girl is bent on going...
Abi na jazz?

At 17, she is still a minor. Maybe that can activate a case for you

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by PierreAbutu(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2022
newbornmacho:

And my sister is excited, and my mom is saying if shes happy she has no problem?

What is money?

I wish I could nail this guy on something...like if he's ever been married ( which he denies) or some sort of scandal....

For God sake angry

We've had a very angry family meeting this night and this girl is bent on going...
Abi na jazz?

Money is d key factor there

Ned Nwoko and Regina Daniels are married hapily

Aren't they?

Jus relax
If there's any issue tomorrow, you wouldn't have anything to do with it.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Feelings79: 11:46am On Feb 06, 2022
Be calming down.From my personal experiences,l don't see any jazz here.l for one is forty three years and I get admired by very young girls about your sisters age, much to my shock and surprise.Not that I'm rich o.I made a joke with one school girl that always admired me about me marrying her and she's was so ready I got her number and we have been talking since.Just that I didn't really mean it

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Feelings79: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2022
Lawalemi:

I understand how you feel. I wouldn't take it either but these girls yield easily to men's trickery and fake life.
It's unfortunate that you are lone voice in the family.
Just leave her to her wish and watch her come back to narrate nasty experience but be ready to ignore her since she ignored your advice.
He is a lone voice because he is the least experience in terms of life.It's since been known that elderly people take better care of their very younger wives than their near age mates.At this guy's age,he is done womanising and probably has better means of taking care of this girl than younger men.Hardly will you hear cases of wife battering in such marriages.This man is more likely to treat this girl as a lovely daughter than a wife

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Advancedman(m): 11:58am On Feb 06, 2022
newbornmacho:

What is money?

For God sake angry

Abi na jazz?

You are mad.
Kuku impregnate her then stupid and foolish man.
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Feelings79: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2022
newbornmacho:

So she wants to be an early widow, all this I told her...maybe she told the man which is why he seems to hate me
So what gives you the assurance that the man will die earlier than you? you lack sense join sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by humberjade: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
Well, there is this very good friend of mine, she was about the same age when her husband got married to her. She just had her WAEC when she got married to this much older, rich and nice guy. The guy flew her outta the country immediately, now, she is a graduate with 4 kids... flourishing well in the cosmetics and fashion industry in that foreign country.

So it is not always a bad idea, except you notice danger lurking around the corner; if you feel something is off about him. But if the dude is single, responsible and sincere, why not.

She might not be this lucky again if this opportunity passes her by.

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by BRATISLAVA: 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2022
The chicken has come home to roost.

Could this be the same forum where all the males say they want to make money and that men don't grow old, and that they will marry a teenager when they want to get married as old men with some change?

Could it be the same forum that whenever underage sex and marriage come up, the red pill congregation come out to say there is nothing against it in the Nigerian law? The same forum that deluded young and old (divorced) men who preach polygamy come out to advocate child marriage because there's nothing wrong with it when their libido is doing the thinking?

Could this be the same forum where males abuse and curse females endlessly, yet they have sisters in worse situations?

Why is what is happening suddenly unacceptable when it is the general fantasy to find a young virgin girl who is barely out of her teens for marriage and a show of virility? Why is it acceptable when it's not your sisters at stake?

Story from a red pill content creator. LMAO.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by dnawah(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
newbornmacho:

What is money?

For God sake angry

Abi na jazz?
I don see obituary of a husband 77 and a wife 44.na u go marry ur sister?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Feelings79: 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
tayo60:
The man wants to take advantage of your sister's naivity. And your sis is being carried away by d man's money. The man is far too old for her and will use that to abuse her when married. She won't have any say in anything happening in her family, the man may start cheating on her with matured ladies, he won't allow her to further her education once she is married to him, he may beat her blue and black when there's a fight and reduce her to nothing. I have read different stories like this on Facebook whereby d women are complaining of the marriage they entered, similar cases like yours. If d man truly loves her, let him allow her go school first and marry her after her first degree, this time, it is not advisable for any woman to go into marriage without job or anything she is doing to make her own money. When a woman depends on a man for survival even in marriage, it makes d man maltreats such a woman and loses respect for her. He won't involve her in his life decisions because he would always sees her as being immature and doesn't have a say. He is only marrying your sister for making babies.
We Men have a huge preference for younger women as they have a better sexual appeal so why would anyone cheat a younger girl for an older woman? The second thing we naturally crave for is submission,it really makes us feel like the man we were created to be, and this girl with her inexperience and lack of economic resources will provide this plenty,l mean the submission.In my prediction of this marriage from the point of view of a man,it will be a happy time for them both while it lasts.I'm forty three and I'm planning to dump this my thirty three years old cargo/wild horse for an 18 year beauty I found recently for marriage

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by LIONSABRE(m): 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
she's not matured enough to decide for herself.
Try and make her see.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by friendl: 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
Seems you don't have your own problems,... women are complicated
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Carot: 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
The chicken has come home to roost.

Could this be the same forum where all the males say they want to make money and that men don't grow old, and that they will marry a teenager when they want to get married as old men with some change?

Could it be the same forum that whenever underage sex and marriage comes up, the red pill congregation come out to say there is nothing against it in Nigerian law? The same forum that old men who preach polygamy come out to advocate child marriage because there's nothing wrong with it when their libido is doing the thinking?

Could this be the same forum where males abuse and curse females endlessly, yet they have sisters in worse situations?

Why is what is happening suddenly unacceptable when it is the general fantasy to find a young virgin girl who is barely out of her teens for marriage and a show rs at
be sincere, will you allow your 17 yr old daughter marry an old man? Am asking cos I know you to be responsible
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Tzar(m): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2022
Mr man, there is nothing wrong if they are truly both in love and have no selfish or ulterior motive behind their decision to marry.
Your 17 year old sister is too young tho. You guys can ask him to wait for 2-3 years for her to fully mature.
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by GanjDrey(m): 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
It’s funny how guys be saying oh calm down age is just a number and make dem leave her na her choice. Shey una fit born pikin and at the age of 10 one man come say he wan marry your daughter and he tells you age is just a number� Abeg make una get sense and put yourselves in dis guys spot. Omo guy if your Mom and Sis don agree, guy just comot for house go find your money because na so disrespect dey start simply because you no get. Fact

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by ednut1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
newbornmacho:

We may not be rich , but we're not that poor. For instance, money for everyone's school was laid out by dad. And mom started a drinks wholesale business with part of dad's gratuity.

I also provide from my earnings
so in that case this is pure madness. 17 year old babe wey never go school or enjoy life wants to marry an older man. Looking like juju o

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Carot: 12:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oyiboman69:
she can still go to school even in the marriage or after given birth...that guy is just being unreasonable and selfish at the same time. Does he think he is more experience than all the older ones who has not be siding him?
meanwhile your younger sister is in uni collecting dicks from tom, dick and harry. hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Carot: 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
ShenTeh:

Our people say that when your roommate chooses to have a troublesome meal, your warning is often the loudest because you know that the troubles of his guts would hinder your peaceful sleep at night.

I had a very similar issue. In my case it was with my immediate elder sister and a man 21 years older. As the eldest son in the family, I kicked and kicked and kept saying our dad would never approve were he alive. Our uncles and everyone kept attacking my young post-teenage mind and I saw it as an excuse to discharge the burden of poverty. My sister would cry and cry that that was what she wanted and our mum was thoroughly blackmailed and eventually gave in.

Keep shouting like the prophets of old, they won't listen. Today, I am the one taking care of the orphans from that union.

Let her.
what happened to your sister
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by david290(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2022
17 years old without job, skills or degrees being urged to marry? Her support being the man's money? What if, God forbid, this man dies suddenly? Your greedy uncles and mum not even caring what kept the man unmarried for that long? The thing is, there's very little you can do, especially where money and desperation is involved and you're one against majority. You have made your intentions known and that is what matters. Wish your sister well on her choice and focus on yourself.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Federalofficia(m): 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
Na wa ooo see as majority they shout say if they both love theirself and the family no object why the guy they shout or vex if to say na one northern name now or muslim name you go they hear things like they are pedophile they are this or that hmmmm
newbornmacho:

What is money?

For God sake angry

Abi na jazz?
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by Carot: 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hello!
17year old girl is old enough to be handed out in marriage.
What does a 17year old girl know about a relationship and life? Please who has the manual to a relationship or life?
If knowledge about relationship is by age, why do women who married or get engaged in their 30s have failed marriage or relationship?

The OP here is a brother and not a father or mother. So what else can a brother do when the father and mother are in support of handling out the girl in marriage after registering his displeasure?

@your question if it was my daughter, I will not allow it. The right of a parent is far higher than that of a brother in the family.
But if I am a brother what else can I do than register my displeasure and leave them if the parents and the sister are adamant?
see this stinking igbo smoking, old cargo hypocrite ill advising sb. Say one thing and do another. When her mates were marrying, she was busy hawking her pussy for cheap cash

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by yuping(m): 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
Oyiboman69:
do you have a better alternative?, do know you think it is every time you will see an already made man of 44 going for such a young girl?. I know you'll be talking about education for the child which he can still see her through to some extent.
Alternative to what exactly? So without an adult getting married to her their family will not make it? Is that what you mean? And why will someone that don't know is right from left want to run into marriage? That girl is not an adult yet.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by newbornmacho(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
Op, I changed my mind; 47-17 na die ooh! She never reach even if she don dey test gbola!STOP HER CHASE THAT MAN AWAY! HE IS A PAEDOPHILES! Poverty na bastard! Chase that man out of your house, scatter them. What a nonsense man... It depends ooh, if you're a Muslim; its alright but if not deal with them.. There are a lot of things involved. He will surely beat your sister to stupor one day, bruise her, cheat on her, etc but your sister can never defend herself or won't be able to talk about it or challenge him. Stop that old man and chase him out of your house! You're d man of the house and not your mother; since your father is not there! Good luck..

44-17

My mom is on her side vehemently
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by newbornmacho(m): 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
SuperbCrown:
what if it is true love from both sides. You should be after your sister happiness. And yours is to open her eyes to the advantages and disadvantages that her action or inaction may cause her, then leave her to decide the option that suits her.

Now as to her age, she is too young to make a decision (legal advice now) so you can involve a lawyer to take it up or involve a woman right organisation

I swear I've done that. The lawyer was telling me of contradiction in the law between the constitution and child right act something something...that there is a loophole that allows Muslims marry even 14 in the constitution, plus that customary.marriage doesn't have age restriction...the man is telling my.sister he won't do court marriage and she agreed
Re: What Kind Of Sister Is This? by newbornmacho(m): 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
shocked
omoolokunEsin:

Who goes to school these days?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos / Please I Need People Advice Over This Issue / How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.