Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,208 members, 7,849,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294581 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
! @ Spydery Well done o!!!!

Nice man Nicer House!!!!!

And The Other Way Round
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2011
@ ZA85, Steo,
Sorry o, but I dont understand the type of straightness you mean, do you mean in the

1. horizontal level of top line of the blocks
2. Deck line
3. Lintel and beam line
4. building alignment
5. wall vertical erectness

As I await you response I must add that it will be difficult getting level pictures of my house owing to the constrained space of my compound and privacy issues. There are places and things in the compound and outside that I cannot snap for fear of exposing faces and objects which does not serve our purpose in this thread. The position I stand to take pictures is at least 3ft below the front level of this house. Perspectives can also play a trick in angles.
Also the plan of this house is not straight, there are several artistic designs drawn with the house plan to make the structure unique. The house is standing very level with all building tools I measured it with. I know much about this and I know my house will be the standard which all business partners and associates that will visit me can judge my building taste. I am making the best of my opportunity in building this house, putting my budget into consideration.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 3:55am On Nov 24, 2011
@spyder
Never mind, it’s probably how the picture was taken or the design of the house as I stated previously or it may as well be the way I am viewing it. However, if you have a closer look at the second to the last picture you uploaded (the full house) you may see where I am coming from. From the front elevation, the right part of the top floor starting from the decking upward looks to be bending right, slightly not aligning with the ground floor. This is the part I was referring to and you may view it differently.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by za85: 8:59am On Nov 24, 2011
steo:

@spyder
Never mind, it’s probably how the picture was taken or the design of the house as I stated previously or it may as well be the way I am viewing it. However, if you have a closer look at the second to the last picture you uploaded (the full house) you may see where I am coming from. From the front elevation, the right part of the top floor starting from the decking upward looks to be bending right, slightly not aligning with the ground floor. This is the part I was referring to and you may view it differently.

same here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2011
A
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 9:44am On Nov 24, 2011
Am Alone:

! @ Spydery Well done o!!!!

Nice man Nicer House!!!!!

And The Other Way Round

@ Am Alone,

Dude where have you been? Please post pictures of your house at its present stage. Believe it or not, I have learnt a great deal from your building and have borrowed some of your design.

Yourself, Spyder880 and Nexthome deserve a bottle of  Don Perignon each when am done with my pad, for the knowledge and selfless service offered on this thread. Please never stop this good gesture.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2011
Here to learn more
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
I have been busy since morning in Enugu trying to help another Nairaland friend buy land which we shall start his duplex project on. If the costs are too much, we shall revert to his previous plot which is also in Enugu and build there, the building plans are ready, lovely concept, looking good even on paper.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2011
l
eros:

@ Am Alone,

Dude where have you been? Please post pictures of your house at its present stage. Believe it or not, I have learnt a great deal from your building and have borrowed some of your design.

Yourself, Spyder880 and Nexthome deserve a bottle of  Don Perignon each when am done with my pad, for the knowledge and selfless service offered on this thread. Please never stop this good gesture.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-806656.32.htm

Refer to the above link
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mokola1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2011
I only just stumbled on this website and i've found it to be an extremely useful forum. I am considering building a house in lagos next year and have been researching the whole process and what is needed. I find this thread started by brabus quite helpful especially with regards to cost of materials. Also all the inputs by followers have been interesting to read. While some have been mega sceptics and extremely cautious, all ponits of view have enhanced my understanding of what to expect and how to proceed with my project. Well done naairaland and cheers to brabus. By the way how much has been expended so far on this project?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
spyder880:

I have been busy since morning in Enugu trying to help another Nairaland friend buy land which we shall start his duplex project on. If the costs are too much, we shall revert to his previous plot which is also in Enugu and build there, the building plans are ready, lovely concept, looking good even on paper.

Can you share the drawing with us as well as the plan?
Let us start loving the plan before the construction starts
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2011
^^^ The guy may just sue me to high court 2, lol.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
Lord Spyder880, you are too much, look forward to how the columns will finally bring out the beauty of the house smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
^^^ yes ooo, when the roof will be sitting on top of the columns, the extra shade it will provide and the coolness it will bring to the front of the house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ The guy may just sue me to high court 2, lol.

Ok, then . . . cry
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 11:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ yes ooo, when the roof will be sitting on top of the columns, the extra shade it will provide and the coolness it will bring to the front of the house.

Good product, good thinking, we are watching to see the beautiful final outcome. smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:43am On Nov 29, 2011
Saw this frontal finish, I like the quality of its finishing, looks like I will copy some of his curves in my house grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2011
Thanks for sharing
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2011
so far,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 2:45am On Nov 30, 2011
More Pic
MFM Pastor Praying before commencement of Foundation laying

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 2:48am On Nov 30, 2011
More Pic,
A portion of the back flat.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 2:54am On Nov 30, 2011
Work still ongoing, hope to start filling by tomorrow, Ooophs today, and from estimation i will need 30 trips of 2 in 1 to fill up, cost of transferring the sand inside the building is peg at 54K, Hmmmm Money nod finish ohh.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 2:57am On Nov 30, 2011
Hope to post the filling stage soonest.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 3:39am On Nov 30, 2011
@Ogbefi_007

Is this area water-logged or prone to flooding? Just thinking
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 4:00am On Nov 30, 2011
benimeogu:

Aluminum windows quotation for a duplex in Abia state.
Please i need suggestion from the experts in Nairaland.
I received the quotation from Aluminum village in lagos.
thanks
Ben

The cost here looks scary o. I guess this is an extract from one of the Mike Adenuga's multi-million dollars building project.

Make una call roadside aluminium guy to give you estimate to compare note. Take picture of what you want, let other aluminium guys quote for it. If possible, post pictures here.

I cant say much here but what I do is to buy the materials (best quality) in Aluminium village, do the fabrication, and pay the installers to assemble (installer charges btw N500 to N3k per window). All within a day or maximum 3 days.

Maybe this will help - see pics below. I paid the installer N500 to assemble the projected window 2' x 2' and the materials cost me less than N3,500 including net.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Nov 30, 2011
@ Ogbefi, 30 trips of 2 in 1? Thats much o!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 6:28am On Nov 30, 2011
@ prof Spyder, I m even baffled at the estimate,currently since I don't have the money for that. I will just wait till when I m ready and made request in batches, i ll start with 10 trips, and see how far I can go! Then I will able to judge wat wil complete it.
I owe it to you n other gurus for see the likes of me through this first stage! Thanks NL
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 6:41am On Nov 30, 2011
@nexthome. The area is not water logged but the reason for the dept n height of the DPC is cause alot of bamboo grows in that area. And I know bamboo only strives in areas where the root can tap water beneat the soil. So to be cautious we had to make a deep DPC.
Spent some money to kill uproot n burn the bamboo stems,
From structure around mine, u could see that others didnt care to raise theirs. Moreover I m building an upstair. Its relatively optional
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 7:45am On Nov 30, 2011
Baba Ogbefi

You have a big project here, but I like your strategy of taking one step at a time. That is the beauty of building in Naija.

Great efforts so far! You have our overall support in prayers and don't worry, there will not be any casualty on your site. The guys are skilled in what they do -smiley Baba God will leave many more open doors ahead of you.

Good stuff and please continue to quench our thirst with more pictures -smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2011
@jussi, thanks for all the prayers n wishes! May God continue to protect n provide for us all! Amen!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by cecegorz(m): 9:52am On Nov 30, 2011
hih-hah, hih-hah  #panting #  #fainting#  #panting#

Oh my! For the past ten days, i gave my self the assignment of going through the marathon previous 102 pages of the original thread, and then capping up this current 43! Average of 15 pages per day.
Having discovered this thread late, i decided the best thing to do was to join the class from day one, it really paid off.

To Spyder880(Agu Nwoke ), Am_alone, Brabus, and áll the great builders,  not forgetting the ever present Course Rep Registrar, Fhemmy Motors, Madam Chaircover (thought it's only in the bedroom matters you hold sway. grin)you guys have inspired a whole new generation of builders, you can never imagine the impact of what you guys have done here.

@Spyder, incidentally, I came into Enugu when i discovered this thread, and immediately made up my mind to get a property outright.
You can't believe it, i picked up 2 plots of 60*100  in a sweet location at a good price.
Knowing fully well that the coal city will always be the capital of the Eastern Region, after all the globe trotting, one still needs a cosy resting place in the beautiful hilly city to rest his bones!
I will hit you up at the right time, so we can discuss ka a ga esi tinye block na ani

Now that i have caught up with all the senior students, i will always attend class regularly  grin  grin
And like the able Registrar will say, more pictures please!
Meanwhile, Am_alone has not been representing here lately, has he gone to china for the interiors?
I doubt if Nairaland is banned in China like FaceBook, though.
Please let us see the beauty you have finally turned those previous mass of blocks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2011
^^^^ @ cecegorz, nnoo, nnoo nwanne m. To be very honest with you I never thought my small efforts will be appreciated as much as this, I never knew when I was starting that thread that it will balloon what it is today, but the real glory belongs first to God, then to all my online friends, most of whom I have never met, for their advice, encouragement and sometimes hard knocks, all these have added in shaping this project and the consequent ones I have started for other clients I met here on this forum. I promise to keep it simple, to try harder to bring the little I know for all to see, to cut all excess costs in building while maintaining full quality standards.
Whenever you are ready, I will give you quality service, I will also keep updating the thread with good pictures to whet the appetite of intending home owners.

The future looks very bright indeed, It shall be well! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.