Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,313 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293986 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:57am On Nov 16, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ Bros na so I see am o, I thought I will not come but here am I on 5 days trip. Will be back in Enugu soonest, let me tour Lagos some little.

Hahahaa . . . Now u no get excuse to leave me in the dry when we ready . . . Lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2011
@ Favour_me, which state will the project be executed? I understand that material and labour costs vary from state to state, is the project in town or in the village, that one has something to add or remove from the costs.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Favourme2: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2011
Thanks @spyder880.

Location is in outskirt of Isele-Ukwu, near Asaba. Most materials will be bought from Asaba and Onitsha, depending on where its cheaper. Cost estimate will really help me decide. Again, what's you opinion on whether 100x100 can contain 2 buildings with packing space as described above.

Thank you once again. U guys are doing great here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2011
^^^ I am not ready with estimates now but with plot size 100x100, you can get 2 buildings of 4 flats each. If am the one doing the sketch, my plan will be to draw the 2 buildings with 32 ft maximum width, place the two structures at the extreme ends of the plot leaving only 6 foot from the wall as space on either side of the plot. 6+32+32+6 will give us around 76 foot for the buildings and space from the walls. I will then leave about 24 foot in the middle of the two structures to form the car parks and space to move around. The gate should be in the center of the front, and you can make it very large if not 2 gates because there will be two lines of cars parking. There should be space in front as the building should be pushed back into the plot to accomodate children playground, relaxation area and festivities space inside the compound.
Hope this helps.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Favourme2: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2011
Thanks spyder880 for the info. Other guys in here, please can you provide a rough estimate. Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2011
Reporting for lecture today
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Reporting for lecture today

Prof. is on sabatical leave till next week. So therefore, i will advise that you take the rest of the week off to revise what you have been taught because when Prof. comes back, he will likely give an impromtu test.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2011
^^^ hehehe, true talk, I am also waiting for the return of the Prof. I am just another student here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Favourme2: 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2011
@Spyder880,
My financial position is this: I have 3M now and before the end of the year, I will have another 1M. And I understand you are not ready now for cost estimation but if u are in my position, would u start the 1-storey building (2 flats up and 2 flats down) or just a bungalow?

My real concern is that I don't want to get stucked with upstairs (if its too costly) for many years!!!!. Please  note that if it's a storey building and I am able to roof it, I will be happy. For now, I am not concerned about plastering and furnishing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2011
NL1960:

Prof. is on sabatical leave till next week. So therefore, i will advise that you take the rest of the week off to revise what you have been taught because when Prof. comes back, he will likely give an impromtu test.

OK, , , Thans, will make sure i study well
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ hehehe, true talk, I am also waiting for the return of the Prof. I am just another student here.

You wish, we the students know ourselves oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2011
@ Favour_me, the fact that you intend to start up something will open more doors for finance to pour in. You are doing something good and good always begets good. N4m for now looks small but it may take you to the place where the structure you have on ground will inspire you to press harder. I think for 4 flats, the rough cost outlay looks like this;

Foundation and DPC N1.3m
Blockwork till lintels and topping N1.2m
Decking N2.3m
Upper blockwork till topping N1.5m
Roofing N2m (aluminum step tiles, 4.5mm)

We are looking at N8.3m for doing this house in Delta on dry land. Just start somewhere and please update us on this thread and share pictures so we can learn from you. I am thirsty for more knowledge bros.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Favourme2: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2011
Thanks alot. I am very grateful for this info. I will update whenever I start.smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:21am On Nov 17, 2011
@ Spyder . . . . Great Job the way you analyze figures . . . . I tua for you
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2011
^^^ Thank you sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Sagewood: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2011
@ Favour Me,

I believe Spyder have given you a good advise.
Start the 4 -flats and that will help you focus financially.
Open a new thread for your project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bisanjay: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2011
@spyder888, omobashua1, Lawyer,
it's nice to see good work and the encouragement that people like Sypder888 and others like omobashau1 and -------. i am back and would like to know standard  cost of obtaining C of O @ ifo ota LGA of Ogun state. i have my project in that area. i consulted an architect and was given the following price estimate, to me the  price is outrageous; be that as it may, what do nairalanders think or know compare with the cost as underlisted bellow:
-Building plan assessment 60,000,
- service charge 50,000, 
-PR (Public relation) 120,000,
-Ratification form/transport 8,000,
-stamp duty-100,000,
-letter of allocation 70,000,
-assessmen 200,000,
-survey & C of O execution 100,000.

my immediate concern was the PR bit, pls share your experience, and possible sugesstion.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sagewood:

@ Favour Me,

I believe Spyder have given you a good advise.
Start the 4 -flats and that will help you focus financially.
Open a new thread for your project.

Even by the time the flat is started and people see it . . . She might get some prospective tenants that are willing to pay upfront . . . .But she gotta be careful and not be carried away with the offer and sacrifice her need in a tenant.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Sagewood: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Even by the time the flat is started and people see it . . .  She might get some prospective tenants that are willing to pay upfront . . . .But she gotta be careful and not be carried away with the offer and sacrifice her need in a tenant.

Bad idea to take money upfront from renters to complete any projects. I was offered money to complete one of my projects in the past by would-be
renters and I turned them down. This is because of one of my brothers got into nasty issues with a renter by collecting money upfront to complete his flats. When the renter had financial problem he refused to pay for 2 years claiming that he helped my brother when he needed money. The case went to court before he was thrown out.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
Sagewood:

Bad idea to take money upfront from renters to complete any projects. I was offered money to complete one of my projects in the past by would-be
renters and I turned them down. This is because of one of my brothers got into nasty issues with a renter by collecting money upfront to complete his flats. When the renter had financial problem he refused to pay for 2 years claiming that he helped my brother when he needed money. The case went to court before he was thrown out.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us . . . Now i have learnt something new
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2011
@ Sagewood,
Emmmm, well you some good points about not taking money before the house is ready but not in all cases, I have used tenants money to build before, in one project I was doing, there was so much disturbance from those who want to rent the house that I had to start taking advances even while we were doing the doors/windows. I had enough money to complete the house but I had to deploy my cash elsewhere while the tenants cash completed the house. In the tenement reciept, is will not be stated that these renters gave me money to complete my house, they just paid house rent and if their rent expires, they are on their own o!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:11am On Nov 19, 2011
^^^ Another twist, Thanks for the lecture.
How do u decipher the tenant that could be a trouble in the future?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Sagewood: 6:23am On Nov 19, 2011
@ Spyder, I understand your angle. But if one can avoid it, I will recommend you complete your project before collecting money from renters.
Just like Fhemmmy asked, how do u know the good ones and the ones from hell?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Favour me, et al,
I am sorry for responding late
I must be frank with you, i was in your position too, until Sypder n co helped shaped my view about which (bungalow or a storey building) and to start, be rest assure that we can not tell you categorically what you should build. The decision is ultimately yours.

Now here is the gist; do not let the quotation Spyder sent to you scare u off at all, ( take it in steps) I want you to know that i had exactly N4Million just like you, and i was caught b/w a bungalow and a storey building!!!! i later opt for the the later cos from experience one tend to lax a little if you build the bungalow ( you might feel fufilled), and come to think of it when i did my calculation, the amount (budgeted) on the bungalow was close to 9Million, so why cant i just re-direct it to the main storey building and know that i have like 5Million to rake out, then start from there, and at the end i will be able to retain an apartment for myself and have 3 tenants,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2011
Favor where in Issele-uku is land sold for @1.5 for 100x100? It seems high but then again Asaba is just a stone throw away. I know that around Ubulu okiti Rd i.e. Tech school area is expensive but 1.5m? I am surprised to hear that land is that high in Issei! Please enlighten me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2011
^^^^ @ omomuan, and I just passed Ubulu okiti some hours ago on my way back, was impressed by the developements I saw in Asaba from the road. Truth is that I need to visit that town and see things for myself, too many styles to enrich my ideas, am back in Enugu once again. To God be all the glory!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by targus: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2011
Good Evening Oga Spyder, I sent you an email yesterday, i don't know if you get it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2011
^^ ve been on transit, will check it now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2011
Updates on this project . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 20, 2011
Spider: you are talking about Ubulu Okiti from the express way.  There is another road to Ubulu okiti from inside Issele-uku that used to be the old Lagos Asaba Rd. This road is tarred and less travelled and this is where the elites of Issele uku own houses. A retired army general, SSS director business moguls all own mansions there and I am wondering if favor bought his land on this location.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 20, 2011
Hey Spyder:contact me on my email:omonuan@hotmail.com. I have a private discussion with you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Nov 20, 2011
^^^ still trying to get into yahoo, server error sent back, will keep trying or I will use my gmail account if my yahoo dont cooperate, patience please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.