Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293963 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ NL1960, roofing measurments are very confusing, some increase roof coverage size and reduce unit cost while some increase unit cost and reduce labour charge. Use sense follow them, the more quotes you get and questions you ask them will keep reveling more to you and reducing the price as time goes on. Good luck.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
NL1960:

Abeg, make una help me answer this question which i have also posted in 'https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-689147.448.html'

@spyder880 et al. Sorry for bringing this thread back to life. Was inspired to use bush green step tiles aluminum roofing sheets for my villa duplex. I got a quote of N1,098,148 broken down as follows:

(1) step tiles: 398m @N1,646 = N655,108
(2) cladding sheets: 40 @N1,646 = N64,840
(3) ceiling sheets: 50 @N1,470 = N74,000
(4) Falshings (various items) 90m @N1,480 = N133,200
(5) accessories = N30,000
(6) transport= N40,000
(7) installation = N100,000
Total = N1,098,148

I got another quote of about N872,000. This quote has labour as N75,000. The curious thing is this person gave step tiles as 326m. One more quote of N1,122,000 has step tiles 400m.

Iam trying to get 2 more quotes because of the disparity in the step tiles.

What do you guys think. Abeg, make una help me out as time is not on my side.

@NL1960, all you require is understanding of simple geometry. Most of the so-called roofers give estimates based on assumption.

I really don't have time to go into details now but what I used to roof my house will be shocking to many people on Nairaland.

One thing I want you to know is that professional roofers in the aluminium company charges N5,000 per day. Except your house is triple the size of mine, your accessories shouldn't cost more than N15k.

The cost of roofing the section of the building shown in the picture plus wall cladding is less than N250k plus installation, accessories, transport, flashing, ridges, eave angles etc.
Note: the cost is for the back section alone

The initial quote I got is almost N2m for the woodwork and roofing of the whole house. But what I eventually spent is a little less than N1.1m

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
@spyder880 and @NextHome. Thanks. The man that gave the about 872k quote has 13k for accessories. I sent a mail to the aluminum company. The price of N1,646 given by them is close to what the Alumimum company gave me. This is what the Alumimum company said 'Our price for 0.55 HBG (Holy Bush Green) Step Tiles is N1,643 less 11% discount +5%VAT= N1535.3835'. Iam still waiting for the two more quotes in order to conclude.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Reporting for class
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2011
NextHome:

@NL1960, all you require is understanding of simple geometry. Most of the so-called roofers give estimates based on assumption.

I really don't have time to go into details now but what I used to roof my house will be shocking to many people on Nairaland.

One thing I want you to know is that professional roofers in the aluminium company charges N5,000 per day. Except your house is triple the size of mine, your accessories shouldn't cost more than N15k.

The cost of roofing the section of the building shown in the picture plus wall cladding is less than N250k plus installation, accessories, transport, flashing, ridges, eave angles etc.
Note: the cost is for the back section alone

The initial quote I got is almost N2m for the woodwork and roofing of the whole house. But what I eventually spent is a little less than N1.1m

Please and please can you make out time to post a detailed information on the pricing of the wood work and roofing. Alot of us will gain immensely from it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
@NL1960, where are you buying from? Lagos or where?

The cost of your roofing sheet per sqm is almost 1.5 more than the price I got it in Lagos. And my ridges, flashing are special made - not like the ones you see around.

1050 per sqm. Make una no tell anybody o!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
Quoted Price from the company supplied my roofing sheets.

0.35 (N770 - N800)
0.45 (N950)
0.55 (N1,050)

My installer charges N5k per day and he's from ____City (the company that roof Shoprite). The company that supplies the materials is opposite Mangoro Bus Stop, Lagos.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
NextHome:

@NL1960, where are you buying from? Lagos or where?

The cost of your roofing sheet per sqm is almost 1.5 more than the price I got it in Lagos. And my ridges, flashing are special made - not like the ones you see around.

1050 per sqm. Make una no tell anybody o!

NextHome:

0.35 (N770 - N800)
0.45 (N950)
0.55 (N1,050)

My installer charges N5k per day and he's from ____City (the company that roof Shoprite). The company that supplies the materials is opposite Mangoro Bus Stop, Lagos.

Iam buying from Benin. The Aluminum company is a popular aluminum company in Benin. The mail i sent was gotten from their website and they responded with that price.

It is surprising that there is a wide gap in the prices. Is yours step tiles and does the company produce in Lagos. I do not know if there is a difference between oven baked and non-oven baked.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2011
NextHome:

0.35 (N770 - N800)
0.45 (N950)
0.55 (N1,050)

Please do you have an idea of how much it cost per square metre for the stone coated roofing sheet?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
Still learning, thanks Y'all
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ Spyder880, Nexthome and every other person who has purchased iron rod in the past, please i need the market price for the following:

I got this quotation from my iron bender today for the lintel level:

1. 10 mm - 165,000 for 1 Ton

2. 12 mm - 150,000 for 1 Ton

3. 16 mm - 3,200    for 4 lenght

4. Binding wire - 5,000

Now i just noticed that himself and the seller might have just got their figures wrong. How can 10 mm sell for 165k and 12 mm sell for 150k. Please guys help me out here with the accurate pricing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Eros, what are you using tons of iron rod for when you are not building a duplex. I really don't know. Iron rods should be cheaper in Iwo road but I can't say how much they'll sell but definitely not N150k. It should be lesser than N135k. I've never bought 16mm more than 2,400 in the last 2 years.

@NL1960, there's difference between oven-baked and non-oven baked roofing sheets - it may not be visible to the eye but the non-oven baked will start to fade in a short while.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Eros,

I am currently buying a length of 16mm for N2,400, 12mm N1,400 and 10mm N1,100 around. The last time I bought in tons for my decking (July 11), 16 & 12mm was N126,000 and 10mm N110,000.

Hope that helps
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
NextHome:

@Eros, what are you using tons of iron rod for when you are not building a duplex. I really don't know. Iron rods should be cheaper in Iwo road but I can't say how much they'll sell but definitely not N150k. It should be lesser than N135k. I've never bought 16mm more than 2,400 in the last 2 years.

Thanks for the insight. I perceived there was something wrong with the pricing, moreso, the Welder was too generous to a fault, unlike the typical Ibadan man who always wants to rip you off because they always assume you have more money, so they deserve a share of what you got ( No insult intended to honest Ibadan indigenes).

Anyways, I still got 2 other Welders who will be giving me their quotation, obviously the man with the best price gets the job. Thanks again for the insight.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by eros(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2011
steo:

@Eros,

I am currently buying a length of 16mm for N2,400, 12mm N1,400 and 10mm N1,100 around. The last time I bought in tons for my decking (July 11), 16 & 12mm was N126,000 and 10mm N110,000.

Hope that helps

Thanks Steo for the heads up. With this amount, I can bargain better when I get to the market. The other challenge I might have is recognizing the original imported iron rod.

Is there any particular difference between the imported and locally made iron rods?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2011
Some picture updates of this house, with a view of the designed pillars we are standing

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
S
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 3:41am On Nov 23, 2011
^^
I was thinking exactly the same! Some kind of base like those used for the first pillars/pictures could be of use Instead of just sitting the round pot pillar on the ground.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:10am On Nov 23, 2011
benimeogu:

spyder,
i saw your pot looking pillar and i am concerned about the alignment. To me the initial thing the sculpture tech could have done is to build the base first, then rest the pot on top of the base before going up to ensure stability and proper alignment. however, i wish you well.
Ben.

prince_onx:

^^
I was thinking exactly the same! Some kind of base like those used for the first pillars/pictures could be of use Instead of just sitting the round pot pillar on the ground.

The pot looking base is not sitting on the ground, look back a few pictures and find that this base is the most solid, it is sitting on concrete German floor, the rods starts right out of the foundation of this house, but we need to cast additional concrete to carry it, forget the blocks around it, they were used to hold the pot and not to stand it. Please notify me of any more concerns as we learn together, thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 5:22am On Nov 23, 2011
As a matter of fact I think I saw a picture like that! Keep up the good work body.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Nov 23, 2011
prince_onx:

As a matter of fact I think I saw a picture like that! Keep up the good work body.

Thank you my man.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by cinzo: 5:53am On Nov 23, 2011
@spyder880 and nexthome. Pls how do I differentiate btw oven baked and non oven baked step tiles roof? And which companies is best to use?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:09am On Nov 23, 2011
^^^ visit the aluminum company and ask for justification. At Alo aluminum Enugu there is an oven baking machine sitting in plain view for all to see. Most foreign imported sheets are also oven baked. I always like to use First aluminum sheets which many smaller aluminum company buy in bulk and then cut to sizes, I have found most of their products reliable. You can flip over the side without colour (the underneat of the sheet) and fing the name of the maker, the guage of the sheet and other information clearly marked in ink. Hope this helps.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by cinzo: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2011
@spyder is first aluminum in Lagos? Pls clarify ASAP
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2011
^^^^ I believe so.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by za85: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2011
i dont know if its just me, but the building does not look straight. Is it the way the pics are taken ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
@Za85
its not just you, it does not look straight to me as well. I would think is the way the picture is taken or the design of the house. Spyder will know better.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^^

One won't determine the straightness/alignment of block work from mere pictures. Architects and even experienced builders sometimes can misjudge the erectness of any particular structure, in spite of their training and critical sharp-eagle eyes. It is for this reason that people including professionals rely on levels (also known as plumb or plum) rather than personal judgements, to achieve the correct straightness. So, it's most likely erect bro, else several roaming eyeballs on the site could have spotted it -smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2011
Still learning and loving it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2011
just for update
Digging foundation completed and pouring almost completed, workers still at sight, I m grateful to GOD that no casualty or injury was reported.

Thanks to all the gurus on this thread, all your advice and criticism is finally paying off. I will be needing you guys even more! I express the gratitude of myself, its an awesome feeling

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.