Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? (29358 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by AchalugoNwa(f): 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
Daniel058:
If you are to call your adopted son your First son, who will you tell him that's his mother? smiley
does every kid knows his mother?
especially these days baby mama and papa are rampant

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by queenitee(f): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
For a sane, mature and kindhearted person, that's the way it is. If you don't agree or can't do that, then stay away from adoption.
The perfect reply. Once you make a decision to adopt, then you know any other person that follows come second, if you can’t do that, then don’t adopt.

No one says it would be easy, but it is the ideal. It doesn’t have to be easy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Dmeji4444(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
No, an adopted child will be an adopted child, I will love him/her like mine but will not answer my surname, no. If he's grown enough to understand that he is not my child at the time of adoption, fine but if he's not, I will let him know that once he's come of age.

That would be my decision weather I later have my own child or not.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
And tomorrow you will call the white racist, call South African Xenophobians not k owing that you are the head of the racist.

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Omoluabi16(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
The adopted son is the first son. So long he now bears your surname, he is your first son.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by peacettw: 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
CHIMAOBICCU:
You adopted a boy and later, God blessed you with a boy, who will be your first son?

Depends on the timeline. If I gave birth a year or two after adopting him, then my baby will be the first. Anything longer than that, then the status quo remains
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by miniziter(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
First son A and first son B

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Daniel058(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
AchalugoNwa:
does every kid knows his mother?
especially these days baby mama and papa are rampant
so he should start telling lies that his mouth is dead or something else
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by queenitee(f): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
Daniel058:
If you are to call your adopted son your First son, who will you tell him that's his mother? smiley
Won’t the adopted son knows he’s adopted? And wasn’t it going to be a joint decision between you and your wife? And if you were not married, doesn’t the person you get married to already see that you have a son? And then being the mother or not determin the child’s position?
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by foreverproduct: 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
Personally I've thought of such issues b4 and my rules are:

I'll only adopt a male child after having a son of my own, and if I must adopt b4 then I'll adopt a girl child.

Most things we say here are easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by queenitee(f): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
lahizak:
Adopted one obviously. If I ever find d need to officially adopt a kid. That kid will be my kid with all d roles and titles that comes with it
Honestly.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
I got married to an adopted child, parents were still alive at time of adoption but father is now late(few month after adoption, probably that was why he gave her up because that was the only daughter he gave out (she wasn't the first nor last, neither was she the only girl).
The family he gave her to treated her like a child, (there was a child already, so no issue of first or second born), however, they all have equal rights and you can't tell who is who except you are told.
If I want trouble today, I should try and separate her from her mum(adopted mum), na family go settle the matter.
I even rarely talk to her biological mum and siblings compared to her adopted siblings. I don't see any difference except in the word(adopted and biological), in terms of parental care and support, my parent in-law is the best.
God bless them always.

3 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Mozegee: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
Why so harsh on the guy,all this little kids of 21st century.if you don't like his topic,just get your eyes off from it. And how do you know he is jobless.
Dawn91:
Mr man go and find something doing .

Stop sitting joblessely creating stupid topics undecided

Imagine the rubbish topic

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Daniel058(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
queenitee:

Won’t the adopted son knows he’s adopted? And wasn’t it going to be a joint decision between you and your wife? And if you were not married, doesn’t the person you get married to already see that you have a son? And then being the mother or not determin the child’s position?
just let him know that he's adopted to avoid future problem .
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Focusmind: 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2022
I am sure that the OP is an Igbo man. This is always an issue in Igbo land. Since you have adopted him as a son, bearing your name and calling you, father. What else do you want? People do underestimate the power behind the fact that some one calls you father. It's not just symbolic, there is an unbroken covenant.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by HenryIka(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
See question lol �
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Goldbw122(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
The adopted boy is the first son
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by TabletSenorita(f): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hatesin:

"Easily said than done"

So what will the adopted child, that you swore/wrote to take as your child now become to you?

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by CharleyBright(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
This topic is very tough one.

But For all those saying the adopted son is to be called the first son.
What if there is inheritance to share among the two boys?
Give the adopted son more, and the real son less abi?

Sons will always seek their truly biological parents oooo.
The day the adopted son knows his real parents are alive somewhere, that day he will forget his "adoptionsonship" and look for his own.
Blood is thicker than water Biko.

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by harmargedon: 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hatesin:

"Easily said than done"
then you've successfully destroyed your home for the next 700 years. That's if any of them will survive the first heat grin grin grin grin grin grin. Stay away from adoption if you're not honest and cannot keep to your promise too.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by galantjoe(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
When you adopt a child, you're to love + accept him/her as your own child. They become YOUR child. If you later bear a biological child, your adopted child remains your first child, while your biological child will be your second.

Easier said than done

My first son as african traditions demand is my first biological son.

Adopted son cannot head your ancestors, your daughters and so on.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by JuanDeDios: 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
CHIMAOBICCU:
You adopted a boy and later, God blessed you with a boy, who will be your first son?
If you're even asking this question, I take God beg you, don't adopt a child. Because it proves you think your adopted child is somehow less than your biological child.

6 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by harmargedon: 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
galantjoe:

Easier said than done

that's the problem with you guys that fail to understand the sayings of the elders and the wisdom of the gods. Go back home and ask your elders to explain what a first son is.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by PoliteActivist: 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
ProfAmaben:
The adopted boy is not my blood in anyway, he cannot be my heir, my heir must be my flesh and blood.

The adopted boy above me should collect loan of 1 million naira and play this sure game, then use the proceeds to repay the loan since he's so sure of the game undecided

Myopic answer. History is full of people who who took an outsider as son because their biologicals turned out worthless. So it depends on how they turn out and who stole your heart
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by TenQ: 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
caesymore:
Mehn...

The adopted will be made to know he is not my biological son, and I will definitely take care of him as mine but definitely not as my first child and I pray I trained him well not to feel jealous because any atom of jealousy will mean I'm sending him away far away
Legally speaking, your adopted son is your first son. He bears your name as a son.

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Iamlakexide(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
The adopted. Stamped and sealed.

2 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Jungleluv5: 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2022
Adopted son

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by JuanDeDios: 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
galantjoe:

Easier said than done

@ Green. Please don't adopt a child if this is your view. We don't want second-class kids running around your house now, do we?
@Blue. Not true. In many African traditions, if a man is unable to father a child, his wife may be given out to other men to father his children. Also, if you paid bride price on a woman and she runs away and gives birth to children, those children are yours. Children from situations like this can enter your house and commune with the ancestors.

5 Likes

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by BafanaBafana: 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
caesymore:
Mehn...

The adopted will be made to know he is not my biological son, and I will definitely take care of him as mine but definitely not as my first child and I pray I trained him well not to feel jealous because any atom of jealousy will mean I'm sending him away far away
You shouldn't adopt a child

1 Like

Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by CharleyBright(m): 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
CHIMAOBICCU:

Blood is thicker than water.
That is my simple proverbial answer to your question.
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
Legally the adopted child is

Biologically your child is

Lol

I rest my case
Re: You Adopted A Boy And Later Gave Birth To A Boy. Who Is Your First Son? by PoliteActivist: 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
TenQ:

Legally speaking, your adopted son is your first son. He bears your name as a son.

And what has legality to do with it? Is there any legal rights afforded a first son?

(I wonder what it feels like NOT being a first son. To us first sons being first son is NOTHING. Only when I come accross threads like this)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Step Dad Is Maltreating My Mom, I Am Confused / Painful Emotional Tribute Of A Mother On The Death Of Her Twin Sons. / US-Based Nigerian Boy Ignores Parents Calls For Family Prayer, Plays Video Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.