Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

What "Table" Means To Men. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What "Table" Means To Men. (30365 Views)

What "Table" Means To Women / If This Is What It Means To Cheat On My Husband, Then I Will Do It Again / 6 Things Nigerian Women Must Do To Make Themselves More Attractive To Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by flokii: 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
lol they dynamics of the Western culture we copied doesn't have a problem with that infact when Nigerian men marry white women ,they have no problem adjusting but for some reasons doing same here will invoke the wrath of his ancestors grin grin grin.

If you as man sits a woman down and asks her what she will bring which translates to bills ,she too has to negotiating power to share chores for you.

Truth be told, most guys wouldn't have a problem sharing house chores like general cleaning and minor repair works in the house, not that you'll start bringing dirty clothes out for him to wash or to wash the dishes afor you after eating. There is some level of respect the woman must give her man and that's non-negotiable. You either accept him as your head or stay single and free. It's what it is.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Naa I've never opened my legs for those kind of men and I never will, my kind of men are full of substance, persona worthy of emulation and a healthy lifestyle,

You think the words of you boys here saying "money is the ultimate" is to be taken serious cheesy

You guys are comic relief and clowns now grin cos your limited thought process and rants ends here.
Then what are you complaining about, go and marry those men.

@ Ladycewhy your fellow women have answered your question,. smh

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Pimine: 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
So by your logic ,do we now conclude that women of the past were bad heads and based marriages on pussy alone? undecided.
Aswearugaaad
No! In the past there was no need to ask the question because women knew their place and their role.

These days you have masculine, liberated, "woke", promiscuous women who believe their role should be fluid while the men's remain static. You have women who don't want to cook, clean, and be submissive, but they want a provider, protector male to sire her offsprings.

You see why that question is important?
I've said this before and I'll say it again: No man gives a fụ́ck about your money!

Are you young, beautiful, FEMININE, submissive, ready to get on my program, and not a HOE? That's what you bring to the fụ́cking table

3 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Realist12: 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
The society made up of who? Aliens?

I find it funny when we use the phrase " society" as if we are not part of it.

And you think as a woman ,she can't protect herself or ogransise her life? undecided
What does a man need to protect from tho? Ritualists? Armed robbers? Troublesome neighbours or Police?

What does he want to organize when some women eventually even stop their dreams to raise a family ? undecided
You're definitely agreeing with him , all this you stated are jobs of men , in a broader view that's why we have men dying off in the military and other armed forces. Now can you answer this ? What do you think men should bring to the table ?

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by DKM123: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:

Lol

So the women of today who are in offices and markets are not groomed because they are not the "my Lord " type of women anymore?
Because for all I know women of today cna still cook ,clean ,take care of the kids, take care of the home and many even pay half the bills and some even more.

I think the problem is women of the past put all their afforts to groom and dolt over their daughters and left the boys to blend in after all " na man". The problem is men want wives like their mothers, the " suffer head " type of women who stayed and suffered and wore it like a badge of honor to prove to society they were virtuous.

Women today offer more in marriages and on the table ,the only difference is that the door to exit a marriage is now wider than it used to be and more women are choosing mental health and peace over bearing Mrs.

Oil dey your head!

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by luminouz(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
Biglittlelois:

It's no more money? I'm surprised Resident nl redpillers needs to be called here,

luminouz and caveadullum.
Money is not the key word...it's her potential to make it, her industriousness, her work ethic. I abhor lazy women with gargantuan entitlement mentality and her attitude with money Then, her outlook about life. Even if she works in Shell, she is not good for you, if she treats people around her like trash because she is rich.

Loiz!!! Been a while. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Biglittlelois(f): 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
luminouz:

Money is not the key word...it's her potential to make it, her industriousness, her work ethic. I abhor lazy women with gargantuan entitlement mentality and her attitude with money Then, her outlook about life. Even if she works in Shell, she is not good for you, if she treats people around her like trash because she is rich.

Loiz!!! Been a while. grin

Shining teeth with me will be seen as a simping attitude according to your comrades

Yeah been a while.

6 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:
The table is a place of negotiation, a place of offer. It is a place where capacities are put to the test. It is not to be confused as a place in exchange for gender roles as mostly viewed by women.
A woman's most bargaining power on the table is her pussy. She mounts on the table, lay on her back and spread the legs. The pussy is the trump card she throws on the table.
When a man comes to the table, he comes in the expectation of long term plans capable of achieving long term goals whereas when a woman comes to the table, she sizes up the table for self seeking advantage.

PS - I would be opening a counter thread anytime soon.
Wow what a psychologist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by cococandy(f): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
A woman can answer yes to all these questions in bold and they will still find a way to gaslight and downplay her contributions.
That question is never meant to be answered. It’s designed to belittle the person to whom it was being posed

perambulator:

No real man survives or wants financial income from a woman. For me, when a man says what do you bring to the table, he means what female qualities do you have. Are you a supportive woman, are you a home maker? are you a woman that will give a man peace, are you capable of having children and raising them properly, are you the kind of woman that will help a man acheive his potential or the type that will drag aman down with drama? are you the kind of woman that a man is proud to call his wife etc etc

Yes there may be times when things are tough and a wife may need to support her husband financially but it is a "loan" so to speak. No man enters a relationship looking for financial support from a woman...at least no real man expects to live of a woman!!!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by luminouz(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Shining teeth with me will be seen as a simping attitude according to your comrades

Yeah been a while.
Lol...they won't see it as such,so long I don't post 'if your looks is a felony, then I will gladly go to hell' in your DM or some shiit like that

That, will piss 'em the fuq off grin

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by bimbodotun(m): 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
I pray you don't met a woman with money and bad attitude....then you will know money is not all....especially when the man is well to do financially.
GRIMMJOE:
Money is more than enough, the rest are just extra.
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Smartgeek(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
To make money is easy, if it's easy why do women keep depending on men.
My brother, u get power to argue. This is just a frail attempt to justify their lazy mentality of always wanting cross their legs while the man toils day and night just to pamper them.

A relationship that's supposed to be a collaborative effort to fulfil each other's needs as partners. A symbiotic partnership that leaves all the financial responsibilities to only one party, isn't that one-sided. There are ladies that are help mates in every ramification. However, her fallacy of hasty generalisation that girls offer dis and dat is leaves one to wonder whether na the same Naija girls we dey talk about. Majority don't! If you like, open thread and publish am for newspaper trying to dispute the aforementioned statement, na u Sabi. Lol. Na here be say even girl wey no get any job go dey yab teacher. Go work if e easy naw.

2 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by dialfa: 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2022
kollinzgee:
This gender just dey complicated only God can understand them.

There's a reason why God has neither a wife nor a daughter or daughter in law.

He purposefully avoids that gender to the extent of making his own son a fisher of men.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Slynation(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
The popular phrase is "what do you bring to the table" and men usually ask women this question.

But what does "table" mean for a man? . It simply means financial capability. Which is directly or indirectly proportional to his job or business.

I have seen men wail and nag about how women only rate them according to their pockets or what they do for a living. But when the only thing you have on your table is money, well you might as well be sized up by what you have on the table.

In a scenario where a woman offers support , loyalty, home making, care on that table ,it is regarded as incosequential except she has financial input as well sometime equal percentage with the man.

Men have subconsciously sold the idea that all they have to offer is money, yet they cry when their pocket is used to size them up. What an irony.
oya make sure you carry support, loyalty and home making to purchase something from the market...!!

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
DKM123:

Oil dey your head!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
cococandy:
A woman can answer yes to all these questions in bold and they will still find a way to gaslight and downplay her contributions.
That question is never meant to be answered. It’s designed to belittle the person to whom it was being posed

bear in mind there are also a lot of women who dont have much to offer (or bring much to the "table"wink but feel entitled of feel they should put on a pedestal simply because they are women. In my experience a lot of women also overestimate their real value to a man simply because throughout their youth they get a lot of attention from men seeking sex and men play along because they want sex.. by the time they realise all the attention they get from men is not for marriage it is usually too late to adjust their mindset or to find a husband.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by pocohantas(f): 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
cococandy:
That question is never meant to be answered. It’s designed to belittle the person to whom it was being posed.

Well said. He never asked me that stupid question. That question is not meant to be answered! Anyone asking that question doesn’t really care about your response. He/she has formed an opinion and anything you say would be used against you.

That said, I brought light skin and vibes. A good man should be able to build an empire out of that. grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Googledotcom: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2022
Bigbright7:
In a normal relationship, men offers non-sexual needs while women offers sexual-needs. But the economy situation of things right now has made things complicated.

The best it for each person in the relationship to offer what they can offer, without being stereotyped. Let men offer to take care of the home, do some house chores, go to the market , bath the kids, and let woman too offer to pay the utility bills, fuel, etc this roles shouldn't be gender based anymore.

For electrical installation of your upcoming building project check my sig.

This is the best comment I have read so far
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by iInjureHerYansh: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:
The table is a place of negotiation, a place of offer. It is a place where capacities are put to the test. It is not to be confused as a place in exchange for gender roles as mostly viewed by women.
A woman's most bargaining power on the table is her pussy. She mounts on the table, lay on her back and spread the legs. The pussy is the trump card she throws on the table.
When a man comes to the table, he comes in the expectation of long term plans capable of achieving long term goals whereas when a woman comes to the table, she sizes up the table for self seeking advantage.

PS - I would be opening a counter thread anytime soon.
Please do
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Aiel123: 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
mickybeejay:
I don't need to ask you what you are bringing to the table if you are indeed valuable.

But the question only pops up when you don't have anything to offer, yet you are placing unnecessary demands on me.
You nailed it. Absolutely correct
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by cococandy(f): 8:04pm On Feb 23, 2022
perambulator:

bear in mind there are also a lot of women who dont have much to offer (or bring much to the "table"wink but feel entitled of feel they should put on a pedestal simply because they are women. In my experience a lot of women also overestimate their real value to a man simply because throughout their youth they get a lot of attention from men seeking sex and men play along because they want sex.. by the time they realise all the attention they get from men is not for marriage it is usually too late to adjust their mindset or to find a husband.

Like I said, you already formed your opinion. And you just proved my point. When you meet a woman, you’ve already decided she has nothing to offer. You asking that question is a way to get them to audition for you. To feed your ego as to why they are “worth” your time. EVEN THOUGH, you’re the one who went after them in the first place.
Make it make sense

7 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Aiel123: 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
If he wants a woman to share his bills he should be ready to share her own. He will go to to market ,shop for food stuff of the house, take care and bathe the kids ,clean the house and cook

This is what western men who introduced bills sharing do, so if we must copy and deviate from the traditional setting we must copy everything.

If a woman is in the kitchen ,the man should be tending to the kids not feeling indifferent with remote in his hands.

Funny enough when Nigerian men marry white Ladies they adjust ,so na black women nor deserve better thing , because na only suffer head we Sabi abi? undecided
What if he hires the service of a house help
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by alexvic12: 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
Weak men produce weak societies. Most of the problems the world faces today are either caused by men or they enable it one way or the other.

Men that can't control their lusts and appetite.
Men that can't control their homes to raise firm boys and lovely girls.
Men that can't stop their wives from maltreating maids.
Men that can't help a fellow man but would spend all they have on sex and booze.
Men that chase only money and refuse to build core masculine values.
Men that are now thinking like women!

A society with weak men (feminine men) will produce weak women (masculine men).

Before you argue, ask why the sex business is thriving. Which gender sponsors it the most?

You got your answer.

Any girl can confidently rely on her body for success because she knows that somewhere, there are men willing to pay for it.

This isn't to discredit women who honestly strive to succeed, but to show the culture that men have built over the ages.

So, yes, the OP is partially right in saying that men have subconsciously created an image of "money only".

My fellow guys, stop spending on sex. Focus your money on other things and build values that last.

Many broken families would never have happened if the man looked beyond body/sex to find a woman that they can work with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by cococandy(f): 8:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
Amen sister. I doubt if there’s any man worth his salt who asks women such a question.

A man who goes after you without first having a basic idea of what you’re worth and have to offer him is definitely an unserious person.

Before even the relationship get serious enough to be called a date, if he’s smart, he can glimpse basic things like looks, mannerisms, temperament, financial abilities etc.

after he decides that you meet the basic surface criteria, he will work to get to know you on a deeper level. And once you’re there, that question is useless. Because It’s the getting-to-know you stage that will let him decide for himself if whatever you’re bringing to the so called table is what he’s looking for.

I’ll advice any woman with self worth to walk away quickly from men who ask such questions. They have no noble intentions
pocohantas:

Well said. He never asked me that stupid question. That question is not meant to be answered! Anyone asking that question doesn’t really care about your response. He/she has formed an opinion and anything you say would be used against you.

That said, I brought light skin and vibes. A good man should be able to build an empire out of that. grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by hucknall: 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
cococandy:

Like I said, you already formed your opinion. And you just proved my point. When you meet a woman, you’ve already decided she has nothing to offer. You asking that question is a way to get them to audition for you. To feed your ego as to why they are “worth” your time. EVEN THOUGH, you’re the one who went after them in the first place.
Make it make sense
It's not just fair but also wise to audition a woman esp. if you plan spending rest of your life with her.

It seems you're scared of the auditioning grin

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by cococandy(f): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2022
hucknall:
It's not just fair but also wise to audition a woman esp. if you plan spending rest of your life with her.

It seems you're scared of the auditioning grin

The auditioning can be done without that disrespectful question. And it goes both ways too

3 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
cococandy:

Make it make sense

You are right, when a man asks that question he only wants sex. he doesnt see you as a future wife!!!
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
If he wants a woman to share his bills he should be ready to share her own. He will go to to market ,shop for food stuff of the house, take care and bathe the kids ,clean the house and cook

This is what western men who introduced bills sharing do, so if we must copy and deviate from the traditional setting we must copy everything.

If a woman is in the kitchen ,the man should be tending to the kids not feeling indifferent with remote in his hands.

Funny enough when Nigerian men marry white Ladies they adjust ,so na black women nor deserve better thing , because na only suffer head we Sabi abi? undecided

It's very apparent that you don't really know what to say anymore. You see those things you listed, men do all of those. Except you're not living in our society, then you can't see it.

Men offer financial assistance majorly. I repeat "majorly," when a woman is completely a housewife, and still once in a while take care of the kids and do some certain house chores just to assist the wife, as no sane man would let his wife multitask and juggle with chores alone when his at home.

As it is now, majority of women only do these things you mentioned, which men can equally do and have no other thing to offer. Listen, before you misconstrue me, i said 'majority of women.' So don't try to counter my comment with the few women out there who are providing a little financial supports to their family.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by pocohantas(f): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
cococandy:
Amen sister. I doubt if there’s any man worth his salt who asks women such a question.

A man who goes after you without first having a basic idea of what you’re worth and have to offer him is definitely an unserious person.

Touché
Some of them would still logically disagree. grin

Before even the relationship get serious enough to be called a date, if he’s smart, he can glimpse basic things like looks, mannerisms, temperament, financial abilities etc.

after he decides that you meet the basic surface criteria, he will work to get to know you on a deeper level. And once you’re there, that question is useless. Because It’s the getting-to-know you stage that will let him decide for himself if whatever you’re bringing to the so called table is what he’s looking for.

I’ll advice any woman with self worth to walk away quickly from men who ask such questions. They have no noble intentions

Do they even ask that question in reality? How many of them have actually asked a woman that in reality? When they are looking for non-materialistic women that would build with them. This na social media sha. Everybody go just open mouth waaa.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by cococandy(f): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
perambulator:

You are right, when a man asks that question he only wants sex. he doesnt see you as a future wife!!!
I didn’t say he wants sex.
I said he’s not genuinely looking for an answer because the question is meant to humble and belittle the receiver. Stop accusing me of what I didn’t say

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
cococandy:

I didn’t say he wants sex.
I said he’s not genuinely looking for an answer because the question is meant to humble and belittle the receiver. Stop accusing me of what I didn’t say

either way we are saying the same thing. When a man says that he doesnt think much of the woman.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Iamolukorede(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
According to your post, women has alot to bring on table. It all boils down to understanding and how you both can be able to manage your homes. Bringing pussy only to the table won't suggest a proper leveraging in building a home, in this part of the world men are seen as slaves who whatever it takes must bring all needed to the table in the sense of provision et Al

In saner climes responsibility in caring for the home might be equally shared depending on what both parties does for a living. It is a mentality shift when women thinks that Pu ** is all she as and note that when it comes to situation of this kind men tends not to be emotional in such discuss but women feel emotional which goes beyond that taught. However, two heads are better than one not logger heads, support and self knowledge of how things should be properly done should be held on to seriously.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Tolerate A Cheating Partner / Thread For Beautiful Ladies With Pointed Nose / Nigerian Man Proposes to a Girlfriend he Met on Twitter, See her Response (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.