Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child (30911 Views)

She Wants To Get Pregnant, I Don't Want A Baby Right Now / Khaliah, American Lady In Search Of Nigerian Man Who Is The Father Of Her Son / I Got My Ex Pregnant; I Told Her I Was Gonna Cum & She Shouted Yeah, Cum In Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by tctrills: 11:34am On Feb 24, 2022
Meninmen:

Lol. How does that change the fact that it is best practice to use protection during sex so as not to contract Hiv infection?

And for your information, because there is a decline in new HIV cases doesn't mean that the spread of HIV is falling globally. Many people still don't know they have Hiv and they are spreading the virus.
Few things here, WHO stats clearly show a 31% reduction. And HIV is becoming less potent. This is not just my assumption, it's what the global experts say.
Now about unprotected sex, that's another topic. But it's safer if the couples are in monogamy.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Edipet(m): 11:37am On Feb 24, 2022
Shoodboi:
You had sex with her on January 7, and she is 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant as of today, February 24.

10 weeks and 2 days to today means implantation occurred (and the baby started forming) on December 14.

Considering medical personnel add 2 weeks to all pregnancies (since they begin calculating from the last menstrual date and not the ovulation date when she releases an egg), it means she got pregnant around December 28.

Pregnancy rarely happens immediately after sex since she needs to ovulate (release an egg) which then fertilizes (with sperm) and implants (to the walls of the uterus), it means she had sex anytime within a week before ovulation to around 3 days after ovulation.

This means she had the sex that led to this pregnancy anytime between December 21 and 31.

If you had sex with her on January 7, it is unlikely that you are responsible for the pregnancy.

In the worst-case scenario, even if she ovulates (or has ovulated) and the baby mysteriously implants on the same day as the sex, she should be around 8 weeks and 6 days pregnant. (That's the 6 weeks and 6 days between today and January 7 + the 2 weeks medical personnel add).

Remember 6 weeks and 6 is the worst-case scenario which means the baby should be no older than that if you're responsible.

Verdict: the baby isn't yours, but please, don't allow her to abort it.
I love this analysis

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 24, 2022
You re the father! Man up! take responsibility, stop forming impotency because your girl got pregnant. angry
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Remman(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Let her birth the kid then go for DNA test..
Simple as that..
DNA test is very expensive... What if he can't afford it?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:44am On Feb 24, 2022
Remman:
DNA test is very expensive... What if he can't afford it?
He can afford it.. wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Pinkyposh(f): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2022
It's unfortunate most people don't really know when to start counting to the weeks of a pregnancy

You start counting from the last day of your last period, not from d day you had sex.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Remman(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

He can afford it.. wink
trust me... If he can afford it! He would have drop that girl and go for another.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Kajaard: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2022
MissBKsoul:
Lmao..... E pain am.... I thought you are fearless? Okpo..... It your turn to feel my sting of trouble... So enjoy while it last... Don't worry... I will include you in my giveaway.

Fvck off bitch.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by emmamudi: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2022
The pregnancy is not yours, do your calculations yourself and don't be fooled with love. �
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2022
Remman:
trust me... If he can afford it! He would have drop that girl and go for another.
Not everyone is like you tho..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by LongEraser: 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
it's usually different for every woman. Depending on the length of her cycle and if it is regular. Days 1- 10, day 1 is the day she starts her period, and from day 20 till the next period is approximately safe.

If a woman wants to track her safe period. It is easier to download a period tracker app. It makes it easier.

Thank you for this. I'm grateful. My girlfriend, however, has irregular menstruation cycle, and I also think she sees hers for five days, I hope this does not affect the day 1 to 10 and 20 to the next period normal safe period cycle if I can track her irregular period well?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Remman(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Not everyone is like you tho..
Trust me, that child belongs to the op. They had sex before that 7th january if actually it was when they had sex because once the result came out 10weeks, it's not something to argue about as the evidence is already there. The girl would have confessed. Op, is trying to run away from responsibility and he's looking for an excuse to quit. It's very normal for men not to trust the pregnancy of a woman to be theirs if the woman was not a virgin when they had sex. Even if she's a saint, as soon as he finds out she's not a virgin, forget it. She'll need to work extra hard to gain his trust and it's not anyone's fault, it's a natural feeling. It's the same natural feeling that pushed him to create this thread. So, yeah, he may not be able to afford it and if he can, this is a red flag. It means this relationship may end in divorce in the future as he'll find it hard to trust her like a die hard kinda trust we have for virgins...!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
Remman:
Trust me, that child belongs to the op. They had sex before that 7th january if actually it was when they had sex because once the result came out 10weeks, it's not something to argue about as the evidence is already there. The girl would have confessed. Op, is trying to run away from responsibility and he's looking for an excuse to quit. It's very normal for men not to trust the pregnancy of a woman to be theirs if the woman was not a virgin when they had sex. Even if she's a saint, as soon as he finds out she's not a virgin, forget it. She'll need to work extra hard to gain his trust and it's not anyone's fault, it's a natural feeling. It's the same natural feeling that pushed him to create this thread. So, yeah, he may not be able to afford it and if he can, this is a red flag. It means this relationship may end in divorce in the future as he'll find it hard to trust her like a die hard kinda trust we have for virgins...!
Aww thanks.. kiss
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
tctrills:

Few things here, WHO stats clearly show a 31% reduction. And HIV is becoming less potent. This is not just my assumption, it's what the global experts say.
Now about unprotected sex, that's another topic. But it's safer if the couples are in monogamy.

Lol. Please, don't derail. I said it is always better to have protected sex in a relationship. You brought up the issue of statistics. And I am telling you to know the difference between new cases of infection and total number of people living with HIV.

All over the world, the cases of NEW HIV INFECTION has been declining since 2010. But the number of people living with HIV has been increasing. The 31% reduction you talked about is for new infection (and the value is not water tight proof as there are still many people who are HIV positive but do not know).

And HIV is becoming less potent? Lol. Beer parlour talk. grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by LongEraser: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
aysnoopy:

Safe period is easy to calculate but risky so please use Ur condom and be free of STD/STI and unwanted pregnancy
Good luck

Thank you for this. I'm asking because I want to give ourselves double protection from unwanted pregnancy. I can't meet her even when she is in her safe period without condoms.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Remman(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Aww thanks.. kiss
You're welcome...!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Testimony1988(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
Just one touch and she's pregnant, it's well, you shouldn't have made love to her knowing the implications that will follow, if you know the time she had her period last, then you will know if you are the one or not.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by seyz91(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
I tell you
MAGG0T:
shocked

So despite all the tension rising In Ukraine

And insecurities in Nigeria, you still got erection and chose to dive into t0t0.

You're one of the problems in this country, and should be castrated
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by sagod: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
CALEB1590:
Hello romancelanders, doctors and nurses in the house. I need you all to take me through dz with your professional thought.

I met this girl in November of 2021, asked her out and she gave in. We started our relationship life without sex up untill 7th January of this year. We had sex on 7th January and today her scan result shows that she is 10weeks and 2 days pregnant.

Please docs and nurses in the house, considering when i had sex with her and how old the pregnancy is, am I the father of the child? NOTE; I have accepted it, but I want to be sure that I ain't gotta father another man child.

Dear OP,
It is possible that you may be responsible for the pregnancy. It is important that you note as follows:
1. The 10 weeks of the pregnancy is not calculated based on the date you had sex with her. It is calculated based on her last menstrual period (LMP) which is usually indicated on the scan result. You may wish to check for this period (LMP) in the result.
2. You will have to know too, that the LMP is usually 14 days before the first day of a lady's ovulation period (which usually lasts for about 3 days) for a lady who has a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days. For any lady whose menstrual cycle is not regular, about 30 or more days, the number of day before ovulation period will be about 15 or more days.
3. If we assume that she has a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days, and if we further assume that 7th January, 2022 was probably her last ovulation day, then it is possible that her LMP will be around 21st of December, 2021 and this may not be significantly far from 10weeks today.

So, let's know her LMP from the scan result.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by DarkJeddi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
rickpat:
from January 7 till date is 10weeks?...well you can go for FETAL TEST ANALYSIS..

January 7 till date is 7 weeks not 10; weeks...FETAL CELL ANALYSIS WILL SOLVE YOUR LITTLE PROBLEM..visit a hospital ASAP.

Fetal test analysis is more like carrying out a DNA test for an unborn child...
If you know so much about pregnancy..

You should know that pregnancy is NOT calculated from the day of copulation..

But from the day of last menstruation..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
LongEraser:

Thank you for this. I'm grateful. My girlfriend, however, has irregular menstruation cycle, and I also think she sees hers for five days, I hope this does not affect the day 1 to 10 and 20 to the next period normal safe period cycle if I can track her irregular period well?
it will, but I'll will still advise she gets a period tracker app.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by ebuka440: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
This week should be the 7th week. May God help you. You can as well go to other places for scan
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Tochj(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Let her birth the kid then go for DNA test..
Simple as that..
Do you know how much is DNA test?
Over 1 million.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
Tochj:

Do you know how much is DNA test?
Over 1 million.
So what? undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by okoroemeka(m): 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
CALEB1590:
Hello romancelanders, doctors and nurses in the house. I need you all to take me through dz with your professional thought.

I met this girl in November of 2021, asked her out and she gave in. We started our relationship life without sex up untill 7th January of this year. We had sex on 7th January and today her scan result shows that she is 10weeks and 2 days pregnant.

Please docs and nurses in the house, considering when i had sex with her and how old the pregnancy is, am I the father of the child? NOTE; I have accepted it, but I want to be sure that I ain't gotta father another man child.
sounds suspicious to me, started a relationship without sex for sometime then suddenly she gave in and Lo behold she became pregnant,too suspicious,a woman that has self control over herself to avoid sex with a close partner suppose to know when she will be safe or not and her timing will be military precision,I am looking at this story somehow because I have been in 4-5 similar situations and the results are most times not what you expect.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Jesubaby: 2:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Anyway! I don't knw what to say about the pregnancy. But most scanned results are not always acurate with the actual date of a pregnancy. So, don't always use that to judge a pregnancy. Go for DNA test.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by LongEraser: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
it will, but I'll will still advise she gets a period tracker app.

Alright. Thank you, sir.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by FBCventures: 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
Very funny man, please check your calendar.

I sell catfish ( fingerling and juvenile) pls buy from us o. Expert consultation for free
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child by Firstclick: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
are you runing out of moble data? distance is not a Barrie [b]First-Click Concept [/b]we offer cheap data subscription plans..!

patronize your boi ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Twitter User Shares Photos Of A Lady With The 'three Boyfriends' She's Dating / Mr Nairaland 2012 Semi-finals. . . . Voting Ended / It Is About Time Men Should Be REQUIRED To Chop Chop Toto!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.