Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? (10748 Views)

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by cktheluckyman: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2022
Righteousness2:
If you Desire GOD'S reward , you obey HIS Word accordingly not according to your way.

If you wanna give your First fruit offering , go the Church and give it.

If you wanna give your parents money , go and give them money.

Quit trying to mix God's things with your parents.
Quit trying to be wise in your own eyes.
Pastor why not quote scripture or book of Mormon to back up your debased teachings

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by zabuur: 10:05am On Feb 27, 2022
Nicholaspepe:
God's blessing can be given to anyone, regardless.

Now, i dnt have what to eat. I am starving. I work hard, and still willing to double & re-double my efforts but am yet to get it right. I won't give up. People can insult me, but i remain undaunted. Help me pls. God bless

SIX/THREE/ONE/TWO/FOUR/FIVE/FIVE/SIX/NINE/SIX

Fidelity bank

Go and eat. Please
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2022
zabuur:

Go and eat. Please
Wow.. A muslim you are! Thanks a lot. Received. God bless u enormously
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by BeastOfTheEast: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2022
I feel it goes both ways. Cos God does the blessings , cos both parties pray for you depends on your faith man.
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by ss1930(m): 10:10am On Feb 27, 2022
See.. it's a secret to secured Abundance.. pls give it to GOD .. put it in your church offering box. ..but let it be between you and God .. let him reward you openly..
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Standfx: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2022
[God is real and our Lord Jesus Christ is also real and true, but unfortunately, we now have an overwhelming fake pastors and prophets who now establish churches and fake miracles to collect tithes and offerings for them to live a life of opulence at d detriment of the gullible church goers and tithe and offering givers.

Henceforth, give all your tithe and offerings to all the poor and needy around you instead of paying it to any church and you will see that fake pastors and churches will disappear.....Read Deuteronomy 14:26-28
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Engrpatpeters(m): 10:16am On Feb 27, 2022
For today free betting codes click and enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNCL_ZGMCb8
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by geezville86: 10:17am On Feb 27, 2022
For me, it is not really about the money itself but the act of giving, which should be done selflessly and without the expectation of anything in return. At least we can back that up with scripture. Remember the rich fellow who met Jesus and asked what else he could do to attain eternal life, having fulfilled all the commandments in scripture. He was told to give away his possessions to the poor, which made the man sad. (Mark 10:17-31). Obviously the man still held tight unto material things and most likely cared about his convenience. It is a mindset thing to me sha.

I nor be Preacher o....so I am not even sure how first fruits should be given. But what I am sure about is the principle of giving - I am convinced it is universal and even more so when done selflessly. God sees whatever is done in secret and rewards accordingly, in summary.

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Standfx: 10:17am On Feb 27, 2022
God is real and our Lord Jesus Christ is also real and true, but unfortunately, we now have an overwhelming fake pastors and prophets who now establish churches and fake miracles to collect tithes and offerings for them to live a life of opulence at d detriment of the gullible church goers and tithe and offering givers.

Henceforth, give all your tithe and offerings to all the poor and needy around you instead of paying it to any church and you will see that fake pastors and churches will disappear.....Read Deuteronomy 14:26-28

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by phemmyfour: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodplace:
Please, can first fruit offering be given to a biological father for God to reward?

If Given to a Priest or Pastor will it carry more blessings?

Can first fruit offering be put in the offering box as an act of faith for Gods blessings?

Th. you.
First fruits offering is no longer valid. Only spiritual illiterate still adopt the mode of worship in the old testament.

Jesus came and emphasized on the dos and don'ts and first offering wasn't among them
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by ogascomax: 10:21am On Feb 27, 2022
Gullah:
To be sincere, what you call first fruit offering is no longer of any spiritual significance. God has blessed you already if you are his son and received Jesus into your life. He has given you all blessings you need in Christ so you shouldn't be giving because of what you will get in return. That's why you are worried about who or where to give, because you think God gives you in return for what you give him in monetary value. The first fruit was a law instituted for the Jews in the old testament and it was never at anytime carried over or transferred to christians so stop giving yourself headache over it.

With your statement you shouldn't even give an offering or do Thanksgiving or any other giving to God since you are been blessed by God and since you are a Christian. NKJV, Proverbs 3:9
Honor the Lord with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
NKJV, Proverbs 3:10
So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine.

NKJV, Romans 11:16
For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

It is what God want us to do to sanctify our wealth.
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Noxico(m): 10:24am On Feb 27, 2022
Give to God what belongs to him and give to caecear what belongs to him..... giving God ur first fruit is like honouring him .....ur futures is secured in his hands.i took my own first nysc allowance and added it something to complete it....in return God gave me a work and added a wife to it and made me complete..... it was a blast!!!

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by InvertedHammer: 10:24am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodplace:
Please, can first fruit offering be given to a biological father for God to reward?

If Given to a Priest or Pastor will it carry more blessings?

Can first fruit offering be put in the offering box as an act of faith for Gods blessings?

Th. you.
/
There is no such thing as first fruit.

Invest wisely and stop expecting miracles.

Give to your parents because you want to assist them

God doesn't need fruit, money or whatever semantics the fraudulent pastors have tattooed to your brains.

I will like to see Nigeria tithe themselves to a first world country. All the payments to those fraudsters since independence and you people still remain a shit hole country. Only fools do the same thing repeatedly and expect different results. Keep wasting your money or rather, keep giving it to those who have better use for it.

You can never bribe God to bless you because God is not a Nigerian.
/
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Analyst7: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2022
desiredhome:

Only the ignorant/scamming self acclaimed pastorprenours supports/preach this first fruits nonsense........
Firstfruit is a personal thing and u not compelled, people that do it do because of personal instruction from God or they just feel like
But no pastor can tell u its a necessity or ure compelled to pay such
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by andy4d2ofus(m): 10:29am On Feb 27, 2022
FX2BROWN:
I gave mine 2 my pastor directly, he prayed 4 me, the following week, it was like bomb! The blexing was awesome. Glory 2 God
Tell us about the bomb, Please.
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by ogascomax: 10:44am On Feb 27, 2022
First fruits is to be given to God not to your father. Giving of a thing is spiritual. God said it is an hallow thing. You don't give it to mother or father. It is called a first fruit offering. Offerings are offered to deity and your parents are not deity. Prov 3:9-10, Rom 11:16. It is not a Jewish thing alone it is for the church. Jesus was refer to as a first fruit. The Church is called the first fruit of God. You are first fruit to God and when God bless you you should offer to God your first fruit. First fruit is more of an honour, sacrifice, worship to God. When you give to God you honour him.
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Gullah: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2022
ogascomax:

With your statement you shouldn't even give an offering or do Thanksgiving or any other giving to God since you are been blessed by God and since you are a Christian. NKJV, Proverbs 3:9
Honor the Lord with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
NKJV, Proverbs 3:10
So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine.

NKJV, Romans 11:16
For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

It is what God want us to do to sanctify our wealth.
I don't condemn giving, I am just saying if you want to give, let it be out of love and free will not because someone told you it's mandated by one archaic old testament law or because you want to get something from God in return as if you're paying God to bless you. God gave you his own son freely so why do you think you need to pay him before he blesses you with other things? He has giving us all blessings in Christ so if we give, we give out of free will and a heart of gratitude not because we are scared that if we don't pay some imposed "tax" then God won't bless us.

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by oluwaahmed: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2022
It's a tradition in igboland, that you give your first salary, earning to your father who will then bless it and give it back to you. This fulfills scripture which says honor your father & mother so that your days may be long. Anything apart from this stealing. Tithes, were used as a tax means for the isrealites. That's why they had 7 dft types of tithes(tithes for widows & orphans, tithes for the poor etc) and also had a year (on the 7th year) where no one pays tithe. Remember Jesus saying, when I was hungry, you gave me food, thirsty you gave me water, naked you clothed me, in prison and you visited me, in grief and you shared my pain, these are what Christians would be judged with. Is it worth taking the risk giving the money to your pastor for this purpose, if he does not do these things do you think you will be exempt from judgement? Know the scripture and know the truth

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Gullah: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2022
ogascomax:
First fruits is to be given to God not to your father. Giving of a thing is spiritual. God said it is an hallow thing. You don't give it to mother or father. It is called a first fruit offering. Offerings are offered to deity and your parents are not deity. Prov 3:9-10, Rom 11:16. It is not a Jewish thing alone it is for the church. Jesus was refer to as a first fruit. The Church is called the first fruit of God. You are first fruit to God and when God bless you you should offer to God your first fruit. First fruit is more of an honour, sacrifice, worship to God. When you give to God you honour him.
Can you please show any place where christians were required to pay first fruits? Or show any place where the apostles or the early christians in the Bible paid first fruits. You're saying Jesus was referred to as the first fruit and the church was also referred to as the first fruit but did the bible ever say we should now start bringing our first salary or earnings because we are his first fruit? Let's stop imposing jewish laws on christians just to force them to give. The first fruit was a law giving to Jews just like tithes and sin offering and so on. There's no where it was given or mandated for christians to still be under such laws.

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by eniteden(m): 10:59am On Feb 27, 2022
Your father/mother is the best persons to give that to if u really need eternal blessings, don't let anybody decieve pastor this imam that, they are somebody father's and mother too. Go and bless they people that brought you to this world and took care of u till u became adult, their sincere prayers na atomic bomb. cool
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by emperortony: 11:00am On Feb 27, 2022
Question you go ask God, you carry am come chase clout for NL
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by desiredhome: 11:07am On Feb 27, 2022
Analyst7:

Firstfruit is a personal thing and u not compelled, people that do it do because of personal instruction from God or they just feel like
But no pastor can tell u its a necessity or ure compelled to pay such
Oh they do..... through manipulating messages...... Same way they threaten people with dead/misfortunes for not paying tithe.....

And it's compulsory for workers?.....

Some of these practices are not in the Bible....but because we do not read the Bible......

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by MrBanner(m): 11:13am On Feb 27, 2022
Nicholaspepe:
God's blessing can be given to anyone, regardless.

Now, i dnt have what to eat. I am starving. I work hard, and still willing to double & re-double my efforts but am yet to get it right. I won't give up. People can insult me, but i remain undaunted. Help me pls. God bless

SIX/THREE/ONE/TWO/FOUR/FIVE/FIVE/SIX/NINE/SIX

Fidelity bank

Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala Oam4j Rocktation Justwise
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2022
jmoore:
Where do you see first fruits in the
Bible after the death of Jesus?
Why not sacrifice an animal to God
since you want to be stuck in old
testament?

Let them seek knowledge. Are they practicing Judaism or christianity.
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by sheffyUTD(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2022
Free yourself from manipulation, God does not answer prayer because someone is called a pastor or bless you more by your association with them.

After God come your parents, take care of them. Then your immediate relation, and when they are okay then your neighbour you know has not, then the wayfarer. This is religion and spirituality, your blessings sources, be wise.

2 Likes

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by bgberbo: 11:22am On Feb 27, 2022
tremilatre:
Nigerian Christians interprete the Bible selectively so it favours them.
We preach old testament giving yet ignore the teachings on giving in the new testament.
I have lived abroad long enough and only in Nigerian churches do they preach tithes and offering. In all other churches, its voluntary , they don't even announce it in many white owned churches yet they're more blessed and prosperous. Na them bring Christianity give us o.

No wonder the churches in those countries do not have the power to sway laws to align with the truth of God’s word. Covid 19 quickly comes to mind.
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by kennyz247(m): 11:26am On Feb 27, 2022
FX2BROWN:
I gave mine 2 my pastor directly, he prayed 4 me, the following week, it was like bomb! The blexing was awesome. Glory 2 God
pastor's pikin... keep deceiving urself
Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by NaMe4: 11:31am On Feb 27, 2022
grin grin grin
Na for Naija you go see pesin dey calculate him offering (investment)

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by tremilatre(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2022
bgberbo:

No wonder the churches in those countries do not have the power to sway laws to align with the truth of God’s word. Covid 19 quickly comes to mind.

Brother I'm sat here wondering what laws our churches have swayed to our favour.
Corruption is skyrocketing, bandits are kidnapping and killing pastors , immorality is at its peak ever, poverty is ravaging the economy, the Muslims have taken over the country as the political ruling class and make decisions for the church and let's not get started on Ebola, Lassa fever, Bird flu and churches collapsing with Christians killed in it.
I know you were being sarcastic but calm down for Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? by Moura7(m): 11:34am On Feb 27, 2022
First fruit was ordained by God and practiced by the Jews. This concept is not just about giving God money, it's a prophetic way of honouring God and showing that He's first in your life. Now it's not compulsory. Infact not giving your first fruit won't in any way hinder God's blessings in your life, it's not a sin, but there are certain dimensions/advantages you wouldn't be able to access. Just like having just a bsc can get you a job but an MSC or professional certification can give you an added advantage in the same job over someone with just a BSC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! / When We Die!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.